The Best Activities To Do With Friends in GTA Online
There is so much to do in GTA Online. This guide will provide a substantial list of content and activities players should do with their friends.
Messing around in Los Santos with a good group of friends is the best way to experience GTA Online. This guide will help players with activities to do with their friends while online. The best part of GTA Online is outside of all the main content they give players with extra heists and missions, a big part of the enjoyment is making your own adventures. Los Santos and the neighboring areas are a massive open world for players to explore and create their own memories in. The best way to experience the game is with a solid group of 4 players (it's much easier to get everyone into a car this way). Here are some things players can do to enjoy their time with friends in Los Santos.
Related: GTA Online's Vice City Easter Egg May Hint At Return In GTA 6
Since the pandemic began, many used the realism of GTA Online to reconnect with friends who are far away. Players can participate in a variety of sports, bar games, racing missions, and stealing from an entire tropical island if they feel like that's what they need to do on a Sunday night. The best way to experience the game is with friends by your side. Here are a ton of activities players can do with their friends.
The Best Activities To Do With Friends in GTA Online
This works best with a group of 4 players. Any more will make it complicated to get around and build those solid relationships.
- Heists: This is the most obvious. Players can alternate roles in heists missions, allowing for much replayability. Not only that, but the payout is pretty good for the less fortunate friends in the party.
- Sports: Players can play a game of Tennis or Golf with their friends. The real enjoyment isn't really the sports themselves, but role-playing the characters and how they would react to losing. The real fun is getting into the moment.
- Street Races: Players can face off against one another on tracks all around the city. This is a good way to prove your dominance against your friends.
- Go For A Hike: Explore the more rural areas to the north of the city. Players can make their way to Mt. Chiliad and drive down as fast as possible. This usually never goes well but is extremely entertaining with some buddies.
- Go Sightseeing: Considering GTA Online's entire city is based in Los Angeles, the city does have tons of landmarks to explore. Head over to the Vinewood sign, take a trip to the Santa Monica Pier, and even crash a party at the Playboy Mansion.
- Adversary Modes While not every Adversary Mode is a diamond, there is a small handful that should be played with friends. Hunting Pack requires players to stop a van in order for it to explode, Hasta La Vista pits bicycles against monster trucks, and Overtime Rumble will bring players to crash their cars into a giant dartboard for points. It's always a good time.
GTA Online is just a platform for the endless amount of fun players can have. The game continues to add new content for its players to enjoy. It is still one of the most played games of the last 2 generations.
More: How to Join a Gang in GTA Online
GTA Online is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
How to Get the Master Sword Early in Zelda: Breath of the WildAbout The Author
Sky Flores is a writer and game player based out of New York City. His hobbies consist of creating content on YouTube and streaming video games on Twitch. His online alias is @SkywardWing.
Table of Contents
Is Grand Theft Auto a two player game?
GTA 5 doesn't have an offline multiplayer. This means you cannot play split screen with more than one player. Its possible to play online multiplayer in the same house but you need 2 consoles and 2 screens and 2 copies of the game.
What is the highest paying heist in GTA Online?
According to Reddit, the maximum Diamond Casino Heist payout is GTA$2.1 million. While that's an attractively chunky sum, note that Lester will take 60k as his cut.
Which Grand Theft Auto is multiplayer?
Multiplayer in GTA San Andreas. Multiplayer is a feature in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Can you do GTA online heists with 2 players?
The heists added are doomsday-themed heists and can be played with between 2 and 4 players.
Can you play GTA 5 co op campaign?
5 Answers. The main campaign is single player only but there is to be co-op play online. Multiplayer is meant to be a persistent world where players do take on co-op missions (as well as the usual array of MP game modes).
Can you do GTA heists with 2 players?
The heists added are doomsday-themed heists and can be played with between 2 and 4 players.
How many 2 player heists are there in GTA V?
There are five Online Heists to complete in GTA Online, including one two-player tutorial.
Can you play GTA 5 online with friends?
start an invite session and invite all your friends to it. once they're all in the session then you can start your mission/heist/race/whatever and they'll all receive phone invites at the same time, which makes it much quicker and easier for everyone to join.
Can you play GTA story mode with friends?
GTA V story mode coop. We should have a ''coop mode'' in story mode where we can play with the 3 main characters online with friends and do the missions that the character can do. (Example: Franklin and Michael can do a mission together so you and your friend can do it together.
Can 2 players play Xbox Live same console?
If it says Xbox Live Online Multiplayer on any game you choose, you and your partner will both have to have an Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate membership. If you already have Gold, you can share the benefits with anyone signed into your console. For more info on this, see the Xbox Live Gold Sharing page.
Can you play fortnite split screen?
As mentioned above, Fortnite Split Screen mode is currently available to use on PS4 and Xbox One. Split-screen makes it possible to share your TV screen with a friend while playing Duos and Squads. This means you will have to share the screen, which gets cut in half, horizontally.
Is GTA 5 online free?
Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with your copy of Grand Theft Auto V. On October 1st there will be a small downloadable Title Update released on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE.
Can you play GTA V with two controllers?
GTA V is not a multiplayer game in the sense that you can just hook up another controller. If you and your friend wish to play together you will need two consoles with two copies of the game.
What Xbox one games can you play split screen?
Let’s take a look at a few games that are a breeze and joy to play with a friend or three sharing a couch and screen with you….
- Rocket League. Release year:
- Gang Beasts. Release year:
- Rayman Legends.
- Diablo 3.
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2.
- Borderlands 3.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2.
Is rust split screen on Xbox?
Does Rust on console have a single-player mode? Unfortunately, there is no single-player option to play on your own, or even offline for that matter. This is purely an online server-based, multiplayer, open-world survival game.
Does GTA V Xbox One have split screen?
GTA 5 doesn’t have an offline multiplayer. This means you cannot play split screen with more than one player. I wish there was an easy way to fix this but really its how the game was designed. Its possible to play online multiplayer in the same house but you need 2 consoles and 2 screens and 2 copies of the game.
Is Sea of thieves split screen?
While Sea of Thieves does feature multiplayer, SoT does not support split screen multiplayer. This goes for both the PC and Xbox versions of the game.
Can you Crossplay GTA 5?
Does GTA Online Have Crossplay? In short, no, GTA Online and GTA 5 do not have crossplay. You cannot play with anyone other than other players on the platform you’re playing on. Players have been hoping for the feature for a long time now, since GTA Online has been hugely popular for years.
Can you split screen Red Dead Redemption 2?
Does Red Dead Redemption 2 have Co-op or Multiplayer? Yes. Red Dead Redemption 2 supports Co-op and Multiplayer.
Is Red Dead Two player?
Multiplayer is a mode of play in which more than one player can participate in a game at the same time, either on the same system or over a network. Both Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption have multiplayer modes, and Red Dead Online is considered by Rockstar to be the series’ first dedicated multiplayer title.
Can you play Red Dead Redemption 2 multiplayer offline?
At the moment, you can’t play Red Dead Redemption 2 without an internet connection. And if your internet connection cuts out, you’ll be kicked out of the game. That’s right: you can’t play even the story mode of Red Dead Redemption 2 if you’re not online.
Is Red Dead Redemption 2 offline multiplayer?
Do you need an internet connection to play Red Dead Redemption 2? You can buy a physical copy of Red Dead Redemption 2. So technically, yes, you should be able to play Red Dead Redemption 2 offline or without internet access and play the main story.
Can I play Red Dead Redemption 2 offline on ps4?
You will be able to play Red Dead 2’s single player story offline, but not Red Dead online without a connection. As long as you buy a physical copy of the game, all you need to do to set it up is to install it from the disk.
Is RDO split screen?
No, the campaign is single-player only and the online mode is going to be a pseudo MMO like GTA Online.
Can I play RDR2 without playing the first?
Yes. Red Dead Redemption 2 is actually a prequel to the events of the first and not a sequel.
Does Dutch die in RDR2?
In 1911, Marston is sent by government agents to kill his former brothers-in-arms, including Dutch himself. Dutch himself is confronted by his former protégé, John, who chases him until Dutch is cornered near a cliff. After saying his piece, Dutch commits suicide, throwing himself from the cliff.
Are Red Dead 1 and 2 connected?
How are Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 Connected? Even though Red Dead Redemption 2 came after eight and a half years after the original Red Dead Redemption, in true Rockstar fashion, the two titles are still connected. Both titles are set in the same universe; Red Dead Redemption 2 is the prequel to the first title.
Grand Theft Auto Online
2013 video game
2013 video game
Grand Theft Auto Online is an online multiplayeraction-adventure game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on 1 October 2013 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360,[a] 18 November 2014 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and 14 April 2015 for Microsoft Windows; PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S versions are scheduled for March 2022. The game is the online component of Grand Theft Auto V. Set within the fictional state of San Andreas (based on Southern California), Grand Theft Auto Online allows up to 30 players[b] to explore its open world environment and engage in cooperative or competitive game matches.
The open-world design lets players freely roam San Andreas, which includes an open countryside and the fictional city of Los Santos (based on Los Angeles). Players control a customizable silent protagonist in their journey to become a powerful criminal, slowly building an empire as they complete increasingly difficult tasks. Set both months before and a few years after the single-player campaign,[c]Grand Theft Auto Online comprises cooperative missions where multiple players complete tasks to advance the narrative. The game also features numerous side missions and events, including the more advanced "Heists", and various businesses that players can purchase and manage to produce income.
Developed in tandem with the single-player mode, Grand Theft Auto Online was conceived as a separate experience to be played in a continually evolving world. At launch, it suffered widespread technical issues resulting in the inability to play missions and loss of character data. It initially polarised reviewers, being criticised for its lack of direction and repetitive missions, with praise particularly directed at the scope and open-ended gameplay. It won divided year-end accolades, ranging from Biggest Disappointment to Best Multiplayer, from several gaming publications. The game receives frequent free updates that further expand on the game modes and content, which has improved critical reception. The 2015 Heists update was especially well received by the critics.
Developed in tandem with Grand Theft Auto V, Grand Theft Auto Online was conceived as a separate experience to be played in a continually evolving world. Up to 30 players[b] freely roam across a re-creation of the single-player world and enter lobbies to complete jobs (story-driven competitive and cooperative modes). The Content Creator toolset lets players create their own parameters for custom jobs, like racetracks and deathmatch weapon spawn points. Players may band together in organised player teams called crews to complete jobs together. Rockstar Games Social Club extends crews formed in Max Payne 3's multiplayer mode to that of Grand Theft Auto Online. Players can create their own crews and join up to five total. Crews win multiplayer matches to earn experience points and climb online leaderboards.
In Grand Theft Auto Online, players create a new character specific to the online world, which shows on the screen's Switch Wheel alongside single-player characters Franklin, Michael, and Trevor. The player-characters are designed by a genetics-related process. Greater control is given to the character's clothes and hairstyles. The protagonist arrives in Los Santos by plane and is picked up by Lamar Davis, who gives the character a gun and a car. An hour-long tutorial introduces the player to the various game modes, driving, fighting, and game progression mechanics. The story is not central in the multiplayer, though it serves as a prequel to the single-player story, where characters from the single-player are woven in.
Similar to single-player, players can level up their character's attributes such as driving and stamina. Exclusive to GTA Online is a system of earning experience, usually by successful completion of activities. Accumulating enough experience to level up unlocks weapons, clothing, car customisations, and more advanced activities (such as parachuting and aircraft). Once unlocked, items need to be purchased with in-game currency, which can be earned or purchased with real money. Players can circumvent an activity's level requirements by joining a game with others of a sufficient rank. There are options to play alone or with friends, and an option for "Passive Mode", which makes the player immune to other players.
Aside from the open world, there are three main types of set activities: racing (by car, bike, aircraft, or boat), Deathmatch (team or free-for-all), and objective-based Contact Missions (simplified single-player-like storyline jobs, usually cooperative). Online uses lock-on aim and emphasises stealth in firefights. "Adversary Mode" adds several asymmetric variations on these activities, including "Siege Mentality" where one team is besieged by another, and "Hasta La Vista" where truckers chase down cyclists (reminiscent of the truck/motorcycle chase in Terminator 2: Judgment Day). "Survival" pits a team of up to four players against ten waves of enemies, similar to the Zombies mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops. The Heists Update released on 10 March 2015 adds five co-op elaborate multi-part missions, each mission having several setup jobs leading up to the finale crime which is a high-profit job. The player who is the heist leader has to unlock each heist in order and pay the upfront costs, while receiving the largest payoff (at the end, if successfully completed) and getting their progress saved, while other players (the crew members) can join any setup/finale jobs without prerequisite and get paid a cut for each mission passed. The heists, all requiring four players except the first which is two-player, often assign specific roles to players such as driver, gunner, etc. and/or may split them apart, and a headset is recommended for communicating with other players.
The game includes a content creation tool that lets players make automobile races and deathmatches. Players can choose the location, start and spawn points, and weapon and vehicle drops in deathmatches, and the location, route, race type, and player count in air, land, or sea races. Creations have to be tested against computer-controlled players before the mode is available online. The creations can also be published for others to use. Rockstar tags what they deem to be the best as "Rockstar Verified".
The game's narrative begins in 2013, several months before Grand Theft Auto V. Players take on the role of a silent protagonist who moves to Los Santos in search for new pursuits. Upon arrival, they meet with Lamar Davis (Slink Johnson), whom they befriended on Lifeinvader. After a street race against the player, Lamar introduces them to drug dealer Gerald (Douglas Powell Ward) and corrupt Armenian car salesman Simeon Yetarian (Demosthenes Chrysan) for work. As the player slowly builds up their reputation, they attract the attention of individuals like Trevor Philips (Steven Ogg), hacker Lester Crest (Jay Klaitz), and Mexican drug lord Martin Madrazo (Alfredo Huereca), who also employ them.
Eventually, the player is offered bigger job opportunities by Lester, who recruits them for several bank robberies; a shady government agent known only as Agent 14 (Ryan Farrell), who has them break a convicted spy out of prison and raid a government-run lab; and Trevor, who enlists their help with a highly profitable drug deal.[d] Later, Lamar also hires the player for a few jobs, which mostly consist of sabotaging rival gangs to set the stage for his eventual rise to power. However, this only leads to Lamar having a falling out with his own gang, so he attempts to win back their trust, once again with the player's help.[e] During this time, the player slowly builds up their own criminal empire, starting with an initially small organization,[f] which is subsequently expanded by purchasing an office and several warehouses to aid the player in the theft and sale of various goods.[g] Some time later, the player also starts a motorcycle club and begins running additional illicit businesses.[h]
In 2017, the player continues to expand their empire by purchasing a bunker, from where they conduct a gunrunning operation alongside Agent 14,[i] and a hangar, to help them run a smuggling operation with Trevor's former associate Ron Jakowski (David Mogentale).[j] In December, Lester has the player purchase an ex-government underground facility, and introduces them to billionaire Avon Hertz (Sean McGrath) and his AI network Cliffford, who recruit them to help prevent an undisclosed future catastrophic event. During their mission, the group are joined by the International Affairs Agency (IAA), including Agent 14, and clash with a rogue Russian special ops unit led by a man named Bogdan (Vyto Ruginis). However, after eliminating most of the unit, Avon and Cliffford turn on the group, revealing their true intentions to trigger a nuclear armageddon, and that they have been using everyone to gain access to the state's defence system. Now joined by Bogdan, the group works to thwart Avon and Cliffford's plot, and are ultimately successful, after the player raids their secret facility and eliminates them both.[k]
In July 2018, the player opens a new nightclub in Los Santos with the help of former Liberty City nightclub entrepreneur "Gay" Tony Prince (David Kenner), and begins using it as a front for their illicit businesses.[l] In December, they become a top competitor in Arena War, a new demolition derby-like TV series taking place at the city's Maze Bank Arena.[m] In July 2019, the player becomes a VIP member at the newly-opened Diamond Casino & Resort, and begins assisting the staff with the various problems they are facing; primarily Texan businessman Avery Duggan, who is planning a hostile takeover. After disrupting his operations and defending the casino from several attacks, the player eventually kills Duggan, allowing his nephew Thornton to buy the casino after promising not to make any major changes.[n] In December, the player and a retired Lester plan a robbery of the casino alongside Georgina Cheng (Christina Liang), sister of former casino owner Tao (Richard Hsu), who seeks retribution against Thornton for tricking her brother into selling him the casino. The heist is carried out successfully, humiliating Thornton, while Lester enters a relationship with Georgina.[o]
In 2020, the player conducts several new jobs for Gerald,[p] and enters a short-lived conflict with the Kkangpae after they raid their personal yacht, which ends with the player killing the gang's leader.[q] In December, the player is hired by Martin Madrazo's son Miguel to steal some incriminating files of his family from Juan "El Rubio" Strickler, the world's most notorious drug dealer and the Madrazo family's main supplier, who has threatened to report them to the DEA if they do not renegotiate their prices. As El Rubio rarely leaves his private and heavily guarded island, Cayo Perico, located offshore from Colombia, the player poses as the tour manager of the music group Keinemusik after they are invited to one of El Rubio's parties, in order to gain intel on the island. Afterward, with the help of their recently-purchased military submarine and its one-man crew, Pavel, they plan a robbery of El Rubio's compound. The heist is ultimately successful, as the player escapes with both the files on Madrazo and various goods.[r]
In July 2021, the player becomes a member of the LS Car Meet, an underground meeting place for fans of custom cars and street racing. There, they are introduced to KDJ and Sessanta, who provide the player with several contracts after they purchase an auto shop and prove themselves to them. The player can also use the shop as a legitimate business, completing car export jobs for various clients.[s]
Grand Theft Auto Online launched on 1 October 2013, two weeks after the release of Grand Theft Auto V. Many players reported that they had difficulties connecting to the game's servers and the Social Club web service, and others further reported that the game would freeze while loading early missions. Rockstar released a technical patch on 5 October in an effort to resolve the issues. The microtransaction system, which allows players to purchase game content using real money, was also suspended as a fail-safe. Problems persisted the second week following launch, and some players reported their player-character progress as having disappeared. Another technical patch was released on 10 October combating the issues, and players experiencing issues were told not to recreate their multiplayer avatars. As recompense for the technical issues, Rockstar offered a stimulus of GTA $500,000 (in-game currency) to the accounts of all players connected to Online since launch.
Rockstar announced in September 2015 that the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the online mode will no longer receive any new additional content, due to limitation in the console capacity. This was criticised by Forbes writer Paul Tassi, who felt that Rockstar was "cutting out a lot of potential customers" who continued to play on the older systems, adding that the re-releases on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were lacking in additional content. In June 2021, Rockstar announced that the game's servers for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will shut down on December 16; microtransactions will become unavailable for the platforms on September 15, and Social Club tracking will close on September 16. A standalone version of Grand Theft Auto Online will be released for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S in March 2022; it will be free on the former for the first three months.
In early 2021, a user known as "t0st" reported they had found a way to reduce the loading times of GTA Online by up to 70% with an unofficial patch. Rockstar affirmed that the patch improved these load times, and officially included this patch into the game in March 2021 update, and thanked the user for the discovery, awarding them $10,000 from their Bug Bounty program.
Post-release content is continually added to Grand Theft Auto Online through free title updates.
The Beach Bum update, released on 19 November 2013, added more beach-themed jobs and customisation content for players. The Deathmatch & Race Creators update was released on 11 December and allowed players to create their own deathmatches and races. The Capture Update was released on 17 December and added a new team-based capture the flag mode called Capture. On 24 December, the Holiday Gifts update added Christmas-themed items, discounts to in-game vehicles, weapons, apartments and other items, and snowfall to the game world. All the features of this update were removed on 5 January 2014.
Coinciding with the 2014 Valentine's Day, the Valentine's Day Massacre Special update was released on 13 February and added Bonnie and Clyde-themed content to the game for a limited time, until the end of February. The Business Update, released on 4 March, added multiple business-themed items to the game. On 11 April, the Capture Creator update was released that added the ability for players to create their own Capture jobs using the Content Creator. The High Life Update, released on 13 May, added several new contact missions, new vehicles, clothing items, and weapons. It also added new apartments, the ability to own two properties at the same time, and the Mental State gameplay statistic that monitors player behaviour in-game. The I'm Not a Hipster update was released on 17 June and added hipster-themed customisation items, and retro-themed vehicles and weapons.
The Independence Day Special update was released on 1 July to celebrate the U.S. Independence Day and added patriotic-themed vehicles, weapons and customisation items for a limited time. The patch added new properties to Grand Theft Auto Online and the "On Call Matchmaking" feature that lets player accept a job invite and keep playing until the lobby is full. The San Andreas Flight School update, released on 19 August, added new features and vehicles related to the in-game flying school. The Last Team Standing update was released on 2 October and added 10 new jobs, motorcycles, weapons and creator support for the Last Team Standing game mode. On 18 December, the Festive Surprise update was released and added two new weapons, four holiday-themed vehicles and clothing items, which were made unavailable after 5 January 2015. The update also added the ability to buy a third property, and saw the return of snowfall to the game world.
The Heists update, which added five multi-part missions with large payouts that can be completed by teams of four players, was a highly anticipated feature of Grand Theft Auto Online. Aside from the heists, the update also introduced Adversary Modes, and several new weapons and vehicles. After numerous delays, the Heists update launched on 10 March 2015, suffering some initial technical difficulties due to the increased user load.Ill-Gotten Gains Part 1, released on 10 June, added new vehicles, clothing items and weapon decals. Some gameplay features were also affected, such as a redesign of the in-game car websites, the addition of a first-person vehicle hood camera in the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions, and the ability to cycle through targets when using lock-on missiles, among other minor changes.Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2, released on 8 July, added vehicles and weapons. It also added the radio station The Lab, previously exclusive to the Windows version of the game, to all other versions. This was also the final update for both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, citing hardware limitations. The Freemode Events update launched on 15 September, and added new modes and activities. It also added the Rockstar Editor and Director Mode, previously exclusive to the Windows version of the game, to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions.
Lowriders, released on 10 October, added a new series of missions given by Lamar, new vehicles, vehicle upgrades, weapons (including the machete and machine-pistol), and clothing items. It also introduced a new vehicle shop, Benny's Original Motor Works, which allows players to customise Lowriders, including upgrades such as interior customisation, hydraulics, and decals.Halloween Surprise, released on 29 October, featured two new Halloween-themed vehicles, flashlight and additional masks and ornaments, along with slasher-themed Adversary Modes; the additional content featured in this update was only temporarily, and was removed on 16 November. The Executives and Other Criminals update released on 15 December and added new customisable Penthouse Apartments, new vehicles, and a new game mode entitled Extraction, as well as the ability to form organizations of players with exclusive missions. The Festive Surprise update returned on 21 December with snowfall, both new and old festive-themed clothes and masks, and a new car. It also added a new Adversary Mode, which was released on 23 December.
An update released on 28 January 2016 added a new Adversary Mode called Drop Zone and two new sports cars. The Be My Valentine update launched on 10 February and, in addition to the content featured in the previous Valentine's Day-themed update, added new outfits, cars, and couple-themed Adversary Mode. The Lowriders: Custom Classics update, released on 15 March, added three cars available for customisation along with new weapons, clothes and an Adversary Mode called Sumo.Further Adventures in Finance and Felony was released on 7 June, and added executive offices and cargo warehouses, available for purchase to all players who are part of an organization, as well several new organization-related missions, challenges, vehicles, clothing items, weapon attachments, and Adversary Mode called Trading Places. The Cunning Stunts update, released on 12 July, added 13 new vehicles and 16 stunt races.
The Bikers update, released on 4 October, introduced motorcycle clubs, which function similarly to organizations, and come with purchasable clubhouses and businesses, such as counterfeit cash factories and weed farms, as well as club-related missions given by Malc, a character first introduced in Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned. The update also added new bikes, biker-themed weapons, tattoos, and clothing items, and a new Adversary Mode. Released on 8 November, the Deadline update added a new Adversary Mode compared by critics to the light cycle races from Disney's Tron film franchise, specifically those seen in the 2010 film, Tron: Legacy. 13 December saw the release of both the Import/Export and Festive Surprise 2016 updates. The former, an expansion to the Finance and Felony update, introduced vehicle warehouses and Special Vehicle Work missions available to all players who are part of organizations. The latter added more Christmas-themed content to the game.
The Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit, released on 14 March 2017, introduced special vehicle stunt races and 20 additional races. The Gunrunning update was released on 13 June and introduced purchasable underground bunkers, which players can turn into illegal weaponry research, storage and production facilities. It also introduced new vehicles such as armoured personnel carriers and armed off-road cars, and the Mobile Operations Center (MOC), which provides a new level of customisation for weapons and vehicles, as well as special missions that reward players with discounts for some of the vehicles featured in this update. The Smuggler's Run update, released on 29 August, added purchasable hangars and a new type of business related to them: air cargo smuggling. The update also introduced a number of new aircraft, which can be stored inside the players' hangars, and a new Adversary Mode.
The Doomsday Heist, released on 12 December, added a new take on heists. The eponymous Doomsday Heist, longer and more profitable than any of the original heists, is split into three "acts", which can be completed by a group of 2-4 players from start to finish. Each act features its own setup missions, half of which take place in freemode and can be sabotaged by other players. The update also introduced a new type of properties—underground facilities—which are required for the heist, and a large extent of military-grade vehicles and weapons. Later that month, the Festive Surprise update returned with new and old holiday-themed content.
Released on 20 March 2018, Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series added new races, vehicles, and game modes. The After Hours update, released on 24 July, introduced a new nightlife-related business, alongside the return of "Gay" Tony Prince from Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony, who helps players run their nightclubs. Each club also features an underground portion that can be used to smuggle goods produced by the players' other businesses, such as drugs and weapons. The update also added new missions, vehicles, clothing items, one weapon, and songs by real-life DJsSolomun, Tale Of Us, Dixon and The Black Madonna, all of whom can be hired to work for the players' nightclubs after assisting them with several favors. One of the vehicles introduced in the update, the Oppressor Mk II (a hovering motorcycle that can be equipped with machine guns or homing missiles), has since gained notoriety within the game's community for facilitating griefing.
The Arena War update, released on 11 December, introduced new demolition derby-themed Adversary Modes at the city's Maze Bank Arena, featuring armoured vehicles likened to those from Mad Max and Robot Wars. Once players buy a garage at the Arena, they can earn "Arena Points" from participating in these Adversary Modes, which can be used to unlock special cosmetics for their character and vehicles, also added with the update. The Festive Surprise update returned later that month with snowfall, holiday-themed items, three new vehicles, two Arena War Adversary Modes, and a new weapon, as well as discounts on various items and double earnings for several jobs.
The Diamond Casino & Resort update, released on 23 July 2019, introduced the eponymous casino, where players can engage in various gambling minigames and purchase a highly customisable penthouse, which gives them access to exclusive areas of the casino and casino-related missions. The update also added new vehicles, clothing items, a new type of currency—casino chips—and other casino-related activities. The in-game gambling activities are not available in certain regions, including a few US states, due to differing laws and regulations.
The Diamond Casino Heist, released on 12 December, added a new heist with a different approach from the previous ones, but reminiscent of the heists from the single-player story. Unlike the original heists or The Doomsday Heist, all setup missions are done in freemode and can be completed by one player, with only the heist itself requiring at least two people. Players can also hire NPC accomplices to facilitate the heist, who take different cuts depending on their skill level. To unlock the heist, players must once again buy a new property, also added with the update: arcades. While mainly used as fronts for planning the heist and not actually a profitable business, the arcades are highly customisable, and can be expanded with new arcade games. The Diamond Casino Heist also introduced 20 new vehicles, two weapons, several clothing items, and an in-game radio station curated by rappers Danny Brown and Skepta. Later that month, the Festive Surprise update returned with new and old holiday-themed content, a new vehicle, and discounts on various items and properties.
Gerald's Last Play is a series of six cooperative missions given by Gerald that were added on 23 April 2020, as a continuation of The Diamond Casino Heist update. The Los Santos Summer Special, released on 11 August, added new yacht-themed missions, vehicles, Adversary Modes, race tracks, and the Open Wheel Race Creator, which allows players to create their own custom tracks. The update also featured several quality-of-life improvements, such as adding the possibility of owning up to eight properties.
First teased in July as "a new take on heists in an entirely new location",The Cayo Perico Heist was officially announced in November, when it was revealed that it would add a new island to the game's map; making it the biggest Grand Theft Auto Online content update to date. The heist featured in the update, which consists of robbing the drug cartel that controls the island, has been described as the "next evolution in Heists gameplay", because it offers more approaches than all previous heists, including the possibility of being completed solo from start to finish, and can play out in various ways depending on player actions. The update was also said to add several new vehicles, including a military submarine, which is required for the heist, weapons, and music. In December, it was revealed that The Cayo Perico Heist would also add a new nightclub called the Music Locker underneath the Diamond Casino & Resort, featuring real-life musicians Moodymann, Keinemusik, and Palms Trax; three radio stations (two of which are hosted by Joy Orbison and Julian Casablancas); and new songs on some of the already existing stations. The update was released on 15 December to largely positive reception; most of the criticism was reserved for the limited exploration capabilities of the new island.
On 27 May 2021, eight stunt races were added to the game, followed by seven new arenas for the "Deadline" mode on 24 June, and seven maps for "Survival" on 8 July.Los Santos Tuners, released on 20 July, added a new social place called the "LS Car Meet", where players can show off their custom cars or make use of a test track to try out new vehicles for free. The meet also includes several shops, such as a mod shop, a tattoo parlor, and a merch shop, and "Prize Ride Challenges", which award players with new vehicles for completing weekly challenges. The update also added new races, a new type of properties—auto shops—which allow players to complete robbery contracts and car export missions, and a reputation system, which rewards players for increasing their reputation in the Car Meet.
See also: Grand Theft Auto V § Accolades
Many reviewers bemoaned their initial play experience as Grand Theft Auto Online suffered widespread technical issues at launch.Destructoid's Chris Carter felt the "messy launch" should have been delayed and IGN's Keza MacDonald lamented her "disastrous" play sessions.Digital Spy's Liam Martin lost his character data and considered the technical issues dwarfed pre-launch anticipation. Some reviewers generally praised the game's open-ended and dynamic content; VideoGamer.com's Jon Denton thought the gameplay's "endlessness" made up for its problems and Digital Spy's Martin complimented the game's scope.
Its PlayStation 4 and Xbox One re-release received similar critical reactions. IGN's Dan Stapleton reported low player counts in matches, long wait times in lobbies, server disconnection and occasional crashes. "Because of that," he wrote, "I can't strongly recommend ... the multiplayer experience alone". VideoGamer.com found progression more streamlined and balanced than before and thought the "grind of just doing PvP until co-op Jobs arrive with regularity" was lost. However, they noted frequent server disconnection, especially during load screens.Game Informer's Andrew Reiner reported "minimal lag or issues in the expanded firefights and races".
Other game aspects received similar criticism. The character creation system was panned as unintuitive with resulting unattractive avatars. IGN's MacDonald thought the gameplay's "addictive rhythm" eventually faltered as errands became a monotony.GameSpot's Carolyn Petit thought the game's early mission palette was marred by "bland last team standingdeathmatches".Eurogamer's Rich Stanton found cooperative gameplay repetitive as players completed the same menial objective cycle. GameSpot's Mark Walton thought the frenetic action lacked direction, with PvP an "unending cycle of pointless slaughter". He considered the reputation system a weak deterrent against foul play and thought the unbalanced game economy was further hindered by low mission payouts.
Reception has improved over time. VG247's Patrick Garratt felt the San Andreas Flight School update incentivised player engagement with the oft-neglected aircraft missions by offering more liberal reward payouts. Digital Spy's Martin thought the Heists update encouraged teamwork and "pinpoint coordination", while IGN's Ryan McCaffrey found high replay value in the heists' volatile action.Eurogamer's Stanton enjoyed the strategic planning necessary to pull off a successful heist and thought players were required to think on their feet and adapt to changing scenarios. He further noted occasional gameplay pacing issues and technical hiccoughs such as mid-mission server disconnection.
The game won Best Multiplayer at the 10th British Academy Games Awards and from GameTrailers.Game Revolution and Hardcore Gamer nominated it for Biggest Disappointment. At the 2019 Golden Joystick Awards, the game was nominated for Still Playing and won Best Game Expansion for The Diamond Casino & Resort.Take-Two Interactive, Rockstar's parent company, stated that by February 2014, 70 percent of players with Internet access had played Grand Theft Auto Online, and that the game's microtransactions system was the largest contributor to the company's digital revenue since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online.
- ^The game will be discontinued on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on December 16, 2021.
- ^ abThe PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Grand Theft Auto Online allow up to 16 concurrent players, while the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions allow up to 30 concurrent players.
- ^While the game was initially set prior to the events of Grand Theft Auto V, the narrative of more recent updates, starting with 2017's Gunrunning, takes place in their respective years of release.
- ^As depicted in the March 2015 update Heists.
- ^As depicted in the October 2015 update Lowriders.
- ^As depicted in the December 2015 update Executives and Other Criminals.
- ^As depicted in the June 2016 update Further Adventures in Finance and Felony.
- ^As depicted in the October 2016 update Bikers.
- ^As depicted in the June 2017 update Gunrunning.
- ^As depicted in the August 2017 update Smuggler's Run.
- ^As depicted in The Doomsday Heist update.
- ^As depicted in the After Hours update
- ^As depicted in the Arena War update.
- ^As depicted in the Diamond Casino & Resort update.
- ^As depicted in The Diamond Casino Heist update.
- ^As depicted in Gerald's Last Play.
- ^As depicted in the August 2020 update Los Santos Summer Special.
- ^As depicted in The Cayo Perico Heist update.
- ^As depicted in the Los Santos Tuners update.
- ^Carolyn Petit of GameSpot originally gave the game a score of 7/10 in her review from 11 October 2013, but changed the score to 6/10 in her updated review from 6 May 2014.
- ^ ab"GTA Online for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Will Shut Down on December 16, 2021". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 16 June 2021. Archived from the original on 16 June 2021. Retrieved 17 June 2021.
- ^ abRockstar North (13 June 2017). Grand Theft Auto Online: Gunrunning (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows). Rockstar Games.
- ^Weaver, Tim (16 August 2013). "Interview: Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies on GTA Online and GTA V". Computer and Video Games. Future plc. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- ^ abDawkins, Daniel (15 August 2013). "GTA Online first look: Rockstar's persistent online world is its most ambitious project in years". Computer and Video Games. Future plc. Archived from the original on 17 August 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- ^R* Q (12 September 2014). "Grand Theft Auto V Release Dates and Exclusive Content Details for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- ^McInnis, Shaun (16 August 2013). "Why Grand Theft Auto Online is Crazy Enough to Work". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 18 October 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- ^Krupa, Daniel (22 March 2012). "Max Payne 3: Rockstar's Multiplayer Reinvention". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 25 August 2012. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- ^ abYoon, Andrew (15 August 2013). "Why does Grand Theft Auto Online launch two weeks after GTA5?". Shacknews. GameFly. Archived from the original on 12 April 2014. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- ^ abcdMacDonald, Keza (22 October 2013). "Grand Theft Auto Online Review". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 12 April 2014. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- ^ abMartin, Liam (30 April 2015). "GTA Online re-review: 18 months on, open-world multiplayer lives up to its potential". Digital Spy. Hearst Corporation. Archived from the original on 28 March 2016. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- ^ abMcCaffrey, Ryan (5 March 2015). "GTA 5 Online Heists Hand-On: They're Real and They're Spectacular". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 6 March 2015. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- ^Reed, Chris (11 December 2013). "Grand Theft Auto V Gets Deathmatch and Race Creator Update". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 12 April 2014. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- ^Dyer, Mitch (30 September 2013). "When Can We Start Playing GTA Online". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 1 October 2013. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- ^Karmali, Luke (4 October 2013). "GTA Online Launch Issues – Rockstar Speaks". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 5 October 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- ^Sarkar, Samit (1 October 2013). "GTA Online now live, Rockstar looking into server issues (update)". Polygon. Vox Media. Archived from the original on 1 October 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- ^Farokhmanesh, Megan (6 October 2013). "GTA Online connection issues resolved, lost items still being investigated". Polygon. Vox Media. Archived from the original on 6 October 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- ^Stuart, Keith (4 October 2013). "GTA V Online: Rockstar launches update to fix PS3 problems". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. Archived from the original on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- ^Scammell, David (7 October 2013). "GTA Online: Rockstar investigating missing characters, progress and money". VideoGamer.com. Pro-G Media. Archived from the original on 14 October 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- ^Karmali, Luke (10 October 2013). "GTA Online Deleted Character Fix Released by Rockstar". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 10 October 2013. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- ^Matulef, Jeffrey (7 November 2013). "GTA Online's stimulus package is live". Eurogamer. Gamer Network. Archived from the original on 7 November 2013. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- ^"No more GTA Online updates for Xbox 360 and PS3 says Rockstar". Metro. Daily Mail and General Trust. 11 September 2015. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- ^Tassi, Paul (11 September 2015). "Rockstar Has Killed 'GTA Online' Updates For PS3 And Xbox 360". Forbes. Archived from the original on 28 March 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- ^Scullion, Chris (9 September 2021). "Next-gen GTA V has been delayed until March 2022". Video Games Chronicle. Gamer Network. Archived from the original on 9 September 2021. Retrieved 10 September 2021.
- ^Makuch, Eddie (12 June 2020). "GTA 5 Confirmed For PS5 And Xbox Series X In 2021". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 12 June 2020. Retrieved 13 June 2020.
- ^Chalk, Andy (15 March 2021). "Rockstar thanks GTA Online player who fixed poor load times, official update coming". PC Gamer. Retrieved 15 March 2021.
- ^Bailey, Dustin (15 March 2021). "Rockstar pays $10k to the modder who fixed GTA Online's ridiculous load times". PCGamesN. Retrieved 15 March 2021.
- ^Wales, Matt (16 March 2021). "Rockstar officially implementing fan-made fix that massively reduces GTA Online load times". Eurogamer. Retrieved 16 March 2021.
- ^Keith Stuart (14 November 2013). "GTA Online: release date announced for Beach Bum update". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. Archived from the original on 14 November 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- ^"Free GTA Online Deathmatch & Race Creators Update Now Available". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 11 December 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- ^"GTA Online Capture Update Now Available". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 17 December 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- ^"Grand Theft Auto Online Holiday Gifts". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 24 December 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- ^"GTA Online Valentine's Day Massacre Special Is Now Available". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 11 February 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- ^"The Business Update for GTA Online Is Now Available". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 4 March 2014. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- ^"GTA Online Capture Creator Update Now Available — Plus #CaptureWeekend Award Details". 11 April 2014. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- ^"The High Life Update for GTA Online Is Now Available". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 13 May 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- ^"The GTA Online "I'm Not a Hipster" Update Is Now Available". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 17 June 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- ^Luke Karmali (17 June 2014). "Fresh GTA Online update brings hipsters to Los Santos". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 17 June 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- ^Luke Karmali (1 July 2014). "Fresh GTA 5 update celebrates Independence Day". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 1 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- ^Ryan, Jon (18 August 2014). "The New Planes and Rides of GTA Online: San Andreas Flight School – IGN Rewind Theater". IGN. Ziff Davis. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- ^Stephany Nunneley (2 October 2014). "The Last Team Standing Update is now available for GTA Online". VG247. Videogaming247 Ltd. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- ^Makuch, Eddie (18 December 2014). "GTA 5 Christmas Update Adds Snowball Fights, Ugly Sweaters, More". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- ^Perez, Daniel (10 March 2015). "Grand Theft Auto 5's highly-anticipated online Heists now available". Shacknews. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- ^Partridge, Jon (13 March 2015). "GTA Online: Handy hints for dominating Heists". Red Bull. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- ^Jackson, Leah B. (18 June 2014). "Rockstar Delays Grand Theft Auto Online Heists". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 4 January 2015. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- ^McCaffrey, Ryan (16 December 2014). "Grand Theft Auto 5 Online Heists (Finally) Revealed". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 4 January 2015. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- ^Reilly, Luke (10 March 2015). "Rockstar Issues Statement Regarding GTA Online Issues". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on 11 March 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- ^Yalburgi, Vinod (11 June 2015). "GTA 5 Ill-Gotten Gains DLC: Patch update 1.27 brings new Gun Balance, more topless dancers and bug-fixes". International Business Times. IBT Media. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- ^Karmali, Luke (30 June 2015). "GTA Online getting Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 update next week". IGN. Ziff Davis. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- ^"GTA Online: Freemode Events Update Now Available for PS4, Xbox One & PC". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- ^"[10/20/15] GTAV Title Update 1.30 Notes (PS4/Xbox One/PC)". Rockstar Support. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- ^Matt Martin (29 October 2015). "GTA Online's Halloween Surprise goes live with new vehicles, Slasher mode". VG247. Videogaming247 Ltd. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- ^"GTA Online: Executives And Other Criminals Now Available". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- ^Bob Fekete (21 December 2015). "'GTA Online' Festive Surprise Update: Christmas DLC Officially Announced By Rockstar". iDigitalTimes. IBT Media. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- ^Martin, Matt (28 January 2016). "GTA Online: new sports cars, Dropzone mode go live". VG247. Videogaming247 Ltd. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- ^Eddie Makuch (10 February 2016). "GTA 5's Next Free Multiplayer Expansion Launches Today, Here's What's in It". GameSpot. CBS Corporation. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- ^Martin, Matt (15 March 2016). "GTA Online gets new lowrider customisations, weapons and clothes today". VG247. Videogaming247 Ltd. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- ^Makuch, Eddie (7 June 2016). "GTA 5's Huge Update Out Now, Here's What It Includes". GameSpot. CBS Corporation. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- ^Webster, Andrew (12 July 2016). "GTA Online is getting crazy new stunt races starting today". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- ^Stonecipher, David (4 October 2016). "Take A Look At All Of The New Online Missions That Were Added To 'GTA V' With The Bikers DLC Update". Inquisitr. The Inquisitr News. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- ^Zwiezen, Zack. "The Deadline Update Is One Of The Best Things In GTA Online". Kotaku. Kotaku. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- ^"GTA Online: Import/Export Now Available - Rockstar Games". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- ^"The GTA Online Festive Surprise 2016, Plus New Truffade Nero Supercar & More - Rockstar Games". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- ^"GTA Online: Finance and Felony – how to become a CEO and make big money". VG247.com. 7 June 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- ^"GTA Online: Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit - Now Available, New Progen GP1 & More". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- ^"GTA Online: Gunrunning – update arrives June 13 – watch the trailer". VG247.com. 7 June 2017. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- ^"Next Up in GTA Online: Smuggler's Run – Watch the Trailer - Rockstar Games". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- ^Martin, Matt (12 December 2017). "GTA Online: The Doomsday Heist DLC is live, adds stacks of new vehicles, weapons, jetpack". VG247. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- ^"Festive Surprise 2017, Ubermacht Sentinel Classic and Occupy Adversary Mode Now in GTA Online - Rockstar Games". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- ^Moyse, Chris (21 March 2018). "GTA Online begins its Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series". Destructoid. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- ^McWhertor, Michael (19 July 2018). "GTA Online update brings back 'Gay Tony,' lets you run a nightclub". Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- ^O'Connor, Alice (13 March 2020). "Watch out: GTA Online's most reviled griefmobile is cheap this week". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- ^"GTA Online's Arena War blends Mad Max and Robot Wars". Rock Paper Shotgun. 12 December 2018. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- ^"Festive Surprise 2018 in GTA Online". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 18 December 2020.
- ^"GTA Online: Grand Opening: The Diamond Casino & Resort is Now Open". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- ^"GTA Online's new casino update is inaccessible to more than 50 countries". PC Gamer. 25 July 2019. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- ^"The Diamond Casino Heist Now Available". Rockstar Games.
- ^Oloman, Jordan (20 December 2019). "The Diamond Casino Heist is GTA Online's most exhilarating score and an exercise in self-parody".
- ^"Celebrate the Holidays in GTA Online". Rockstar Games. Retrieved 18 December 2020.
- ^"Gerald's Last Play". Rockstar Games. 23 April 2020. Retrieved 24 August 2020.
- ^Wakeling, Richard (12 August 2020). "GTA Online's Los Santos Summer Special Update Out Now". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 13 August 2020. Retrieved 14 August 2020.
- ^Livingston, Christopher (24 July 2020). "GTA Online is getting new Heists in 'an entirely new location' later this year". PC Gamer. Future plc. Retrieved 24 August 2020.
- ^"The Cayo Perico Heist: Coming December 15". Rockstar Games. 20 November 2020. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- ^"The Music Locker: The Underground Club for Everyone". 5 December 2020. Retrieved 15 December 2020.
- ^"Still Slipping Los Santos, Kult FM And The Music Locker Coming to The Radio Dial". Rockstar Games. 10 December 2020. Retrieved 10 December 2020.
- ^"Out Now: The Cayo Perico Heist". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 15 December 2020. Retrieved 15 December 2020.
- ^"GTA Online Cayo Perico Update Disappoints Players by Leaving Out Important Feature". Comic Book. Retrieved 18 December 2020.
- ^"Details on New Updates to GTA Online and Red Dead Online". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 18 May 2021. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- ^"Seven New Deadline Arenas and Triple Rewards for All Combatants". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 24 June 2021. Retrieved 17 July 2021.
- ^"New Survival Maps Arrive in GTA Online". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 8 July 2021. Retrieved 17 July 2021.
- ^"Los Santos Tuners Coming July 20". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 15 July 2021. Retrieved 17 July 2021.
- ^"GTA Online: Los Santos Tuners Out Now". Rockstar Newswire. Rockstar Games. 20 July 2021. Retrieved 21 July 2021.
- ^"Grand Theft Auto Online for PlayStation 3 Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 5 October 2013. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- ^"Grand Theft Auto Online for Xbox 360 Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 5 October 2013. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- ^ abcCarter, Chris (8 October 2013). "Review: Grand Theft Auto Online". Destructoid. ModernMethod. Archived from the original on 11 October 2013. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- ^ abcdPetit, Carolyn (11 October 2013). "Grand Theft Auto Online Review". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 14 October 2013. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- ^Petit, Carolyn (5 May 2014). "Grand Theft Auto Online Updated Review". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 17 October 2014. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- ^ abDenton, Jon (25 October 2013). "GTA Online Review". VideoGamer.com. Pro-G Media. Archived from the original on 30 October 2013. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- ^ abcdMartin, Liam (17 October 2013). "'GTA Online' review (Xbox 360): Full of untapped potential". Digital Spy. Hearst Corporation. Archived from the original on 15 March 2014. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
Online player gta 2
GTA Online guide - everything you need to know to run a criminal empire
Our GTA Online guide continues to expand, covering all the key subjects from a game that has been around since 2013 and will soon be spanning a third console generation. There has been a huge amount of content already released in the GTA Online multiplayer world, and even if you're a regular player it can prove difficult to keep up with, so that's why we're here to help. This GTA Online guide has been assembled to highlight and lead you through all there is to offer in the spinoff from the main GTA 5 release.
Regular updates, modes, and challenges continue to arrive in Los Santos and Blaine Country, with the Los Santos Tuners update being the most recent addition – adding Car Meets and Auto Shops plus a whole host of vehicle customizations. Then there's the Cayo Perico island, the Galaxy Superyacht, and years of previous expansions before that. You can choose whether to build your criminal empire on running nightclubs, dealing arms, printing counterfeit currency, or any other illicit enterprise. With so much still going on, GTA Online guides are essential to help you keep up to speed with everything.
No matter whether you're a curious beginner or a seasoned veteran, we've got plenty of tips and guides to help you choose the fastest car, equip the best weapons, and earn a boatload of virtual cash. So log on, tool up, and we'll begin...
GTA 5 Money Cheats | Best GTA 5 PC mods | GTA 5 Peyote Plant locations | GTA 5 Stunt Jump locations | GTA 5 Under the Bridge locations | GTA 5 Letter Scrap locations | GTA 5 Spaceship Parts locations | GTA 5 Nuclear Waste locations | GTA 5 Monkey Mosaics locations | GTA 5 Wildlife Photography Challenge guide | GTA 5 100% completion guide | GTA 6
GTA Online guides
Patch notes - what's new in GTA Online?
The online world is constantly evolving, with new features and modes still being added all the time. Check out the latest GTA Online patch notes and you'll always know what the latest updates are.
How to play
The world of GTA Online is huge, and if you're not familiar with it then the prospect of heading in unprepared can be pretty daunting. Fear not though, as we have a complete guide on how to play GTA online, including top tips for all GTA Online players to help you on your way.
Beginners Guide - how to get started
If you've never set foot in multiplayer Los Santos before, then you might be wondering how to get started and what is important in the early days of your criminal empire. Follow our GTA Online beginners guide and we'll show you how to get started, and don't miss these 10 things to do in GTA Online as well.
How to make money fast
Money quite literally makes the world go around in GTA Online, and if you want to do most of the cool stuff then you're going to need to invest some serious virtual dollars to access it. If you don't want to spend real money, then follow our guide on how to make money fast in GTA Online.
How to earn reputation and level up fast
As you work your way up to Rank 100 and beyond, various weapons, customisation items and more will unlock. This can be a long process, so check out how to level up fast in GTA Online so you can speed things up.
What are the best paying missions
There are plenty of different missions you can undertake in San Andreas, with varying degrees of reward for your troubles. If you're after a fast buck then get stuck into the GTA Online best paying missions.
What are the fastest cars
If you want to take the chequered flag in some high stakes GTA Online races, then you need to be driving the fastest car you can get your hands on. But what are the GTA Online fastest cars, you ask? We've tested every supercar to give you an exact answer, using science.
What are the fastest bikes
If you prefer two wheels to four, then you'll want to make sure you're riding one of the GTA Online fastest bikes. There are plenty of different options out there, and it may surprise you to know that one of the best all-round motorcycles is also one of the cheapest! Check out our guide with expert testing for all the details to make an informed decision.
Where are the peyote plants
If you want to turn yourself into an animal and go for an online rampage, then you'll need to consume one of the GTA Online peyote plants. There are over 70 different locations where you can find these hallucinatory cacti, and we've got all of them in our guide.
How to catch the serial killer and unlock the Navy Revolver
You'd better stay on your toes, as there's a GTA Online serial killer on the loose – he's left a number of clues around the island, and doesn't take too kindly to you tracking them down. Find and defeat the Los Santos Slasher to unlock the Navy Revolver and add it to your arsenal.
What are the best races
Thanks to the Rockstar Creator, there are a huge number of user created races available to take on. We've sorted the wheat from the chaff to recommend the GTA Online best races.
How to make money from Gunrunning
Gunrunning can be a great way to earn money and upgrades, but it's also tricky to get in to and requires careful investment to turn a profit. Follow our GTA Online Gunrunning guide to get the most out of it.
What are the best weapons
Visit any Ammu-Nation store in-game and you'll find a massive selection of guns, explosives, and melee weapons to choose from. We've selected loadouts of the GTA Online best weapons for different situations, so you always have the right tools for the job.
How to buy a house
If you want somewhere to stay in comfort and rest your weary head, you'll need to know how to buy a house in GTA Online. Whether you're looking for an out of town shack, a hilly stilt house, or a fancy tower apartment, we'll show you how to build your property empire.
How to buy cars
Having access to decent vehicles is essential to getting around the expansive world of San Andreas, so we'll show you how to buy cars in GTA Online and let you build up an impressive collection of rides in your garage.
How to open the nightclub safe
If you've been running a nightclub as part of the After Hours update, then you should be accruing cash in your GTA Online nightclub safe. However, it can be tricky to actually find and collect your earnings as it's well hidden in a wall, so follow our guide to locate it.
What are the best Shark Card deals
If you want to shortcut to those virtual dollars then you can buy a GTA Online Shark Card to top up your bank account - we've investigated which one gives you the best value, and what you can buy with it.
How do you get Prime Gaming benefits
If you're an Amazon Prime subscriber, then there are plenty of GTA Online Prime Gaming benefits you can claim for free. We've got all the details on setting up and linking your accounts, to make sure you don't miss out on any of the offers available through this rewards program.
How to get the Double-Action Revolver
To track down the Double-Action Revolver in GTA Online, as well as unlocking it for Red Dead Redemption 2, you'll need to receive an in-game email that kicks off a treasure hunt across San Andreas. If you're having trouble with any of the stages, then here's how to get the Double-Action Revolver in GTA Online.
How to get the Stone Hatchet
The Stone Hatchet is another weapon you can unlock in GTA Online, and also have available in Red Dead Redemption 2. To get started, you'll need to receive texts from Maude sending you off on a series of bounty hunters before the location is revealed, to help out we have a complete guide for how to get the Stone Hatchet in GTA Online.
How to get the Kifflom t-shirt
You may have seen other GTA Online players sporting a cool Kifflom t-shirt from the Epsilon Program, and wondered where they got it from as you can't purchase it in the game. The method for receiving it is somewhat convoluted, and involves drinking lots of expensive whisky in nightclubs and passing out - for full details, here's how to get the Kifflom t-shirt in GTA Online.
How to fix the "Your profile does not have permission to access GTA Online" error
If you're unable to get into a game, then you may have received the Your profile does not have permission to access GTA Online error message. There are a number of reasons why you may see this error, and we've got information on the most common ways to fix it and start playing again.
When is the Independence Day event
Around the 4th of July every year, Rockstar runs a GTA Online Independence Day event to celebrate this great American holiday. You can expect copious amounts of fireworks, patriotic outfits, and much more when the next event rolls around.
Where are the Treasure Chests
If you've taken on the GTA Online Cayo Perico Heist and spent time exploring the remote island location, you may have heard there are some GTA Online Treasure Chests to collect while you're there. These change position every day, but we've got all of their locations and details on how to track them down.
GTA Online Casino guides
Where are the playing cards
As part of the casino update, there were 54 GTA Online playing cards hidden around the entire game map. Finding them all unlocks a stack of chips and several rewards in GTA Online, plus the Collector's Bag reward in Red Dead Online, and we've got all of their locations.
Where are the action figures
If you thought there were a lot of playing cards to find, wait until you start searching for the 100GTA Online action figures scattered across San Andreas! If you find them all you'll earn a stack of cash plus some money can't buy rewards, and we've got the locations for every one.
Where are the signal jammers
With the launch of the Diamond Casino Heist, another set of 'collectibles' has been added in the form of 50 GTA Online signal jammers which you need to shoot, blow up, or otherwise destroy to tick off your list. Take out all of them for the usual cash bonuses plus the opportunity to add the hacker Avi Schwartzman for your Diamond Casino Heist support crew.
Where are the Solomon movie props
Following a big break in and theft from the Richards Majestic Movie Studio, Mr Richards himself wants you to go out and retrieve his GTA Online Solomon movie props that have been lost around San Andreas. Bring them all back to the lot, and you'll unlock the Space Interloper costume to add to your wardrobe.
Where are the antennas
In order to get the Still Slipping Los Santos radio station back on the air, you need to cruise round Mirror Park to hear the request for help then repair ten broken GTA Online antennas around the island. Fixing them will allow the station to broadcast, and add some branded merch to your wardrobe.
Where are the media sticks
Arriving with the Los Santos Tuners update, there are several GTA Online media sticks hidden in key locations for the various criminal enterprises available. Each one you track down adds a CircoLoco Records EP to your media player, and once you complete the set you'll also unlock an exclusive Seth Troxler mix of the whole playlist.
How to get casino chips
If you want to play any of the games on offer at The Diamond, then you're going to need GTA Online casino chips to do it. We've got details on where to get chips from, and what the best games are to play with them.
What are the casino cars
There are lots of new GTA Online casino cars being added as part of major in-game events, which means there are a lot of new vehicles to keep track of. We've got all the details of the new purchases available, via Legendary Motorsports, Southern San Andreas Super Autos, and Warstock Cache and Carry.
How to purchase a casino Penthouse
If you want to live in a swanky pad, then they don't come much fancier than a GTA Online casino Penthouse. You'll also need one to take part in the casino missions, so we'll show you how to purchase and customise your dream home.
How to host Casino Missions
Once you're set up with your Penthouse, you can then start taking on casino missions for Agatha Baker. There are potential bonus rewards if you are the main organiser for these, so here's how to host Casino Missions in GTA Online.
How to access the secret Casino Missions
As well as the regular set of casino missions and work you can receive from Ms Baker, there are a couple of secret GTA Online Casino Missions hidden away, and we've got the details of what you need to do to access them. Spoiler alert – it involves drinking, a lot.
What is the Lucky Wheel glitch
Every day you get one free spin of the Lucky Wheel in the casino, for a chance to win from a selection of prizes. By using the GTA Online Lucky Wheel glitch, you can get unlimited respins until you receive the reward you want, and we'll show you how to do it.
For a short while, there was a method to win huge amounts of chips on the casino horse racing game, while only placing a minimal initial bet. This has now been hotfixed, but if you're interested in knowing more about the GTA Online Inside Track glitch then we can show you how it worked.
Perhaps after all that you're looking for a different challenge? If so, then there are plenty of other games like GTA you can check out instead, or you can see the best GTA 5 Cheats in the video below:
Iain is better known to many as ‘Mr Trophy’, due to his slightly unhealthy obsession with amassing intangible PlayStation silverware, and he now has over 250 Platinum pots in his virtual award cabinet. He does not care for Xbox Achievements.
GTA Online best paying missions - make a boatload of cash with these top-paying missions
Taking on a selection of the GTA Online best paying missions is a great course of action if you need to improve the situation in your bank account, as they offer a stable and, crucially, repeatable income for completing them. If you've spent any time in GTA Online then you'll know how important it is to keep those bucks flowing in, as there are always new weapons and vehicles arriving with a high purchase price to acquire them, and some of the criminal enterprise routes are completely inaccessible until you have the significant funds needed to invest in the necessary property and equipment to start them off.
There are already a number of known methods for how to make money fast in GTA Online, such as stealing cars to order for unscrupulous dealers and executing high-stakes heists, but we're just going to focus on completing jobs for this particular guide. The rewards for completing these get better as you work your way up through the ranks and the GTA Online best paying missions unlock, and it's also worth following announcements on Rockstar’s Newswire to see if any missions are currently handing out additional cash rewards.
GTA Online media sticks | GTA Online Treasure Chests | GTA Online antennas | GTA Online Solomon movie props | GTA Online serial killer | GTA Online peyote plants | GTA Online signal jammers | GTA Online action figures | GTA Online playing cards | GTA Online casino cars | GTA Online Lucky Wheel glitch | GTA Online Prime Gaming benefits | GTA 6
Be sure to deposit any cash you earn into the bank straight away, since other players might be looking for an easy pay-day by killing you. You can do the same and seek out players that just completed a mission, but be ready to become a target if you keep causing problems for other players. If you’re looking for an honest living, then check out these suggested missions that pay a pretty penny - some of which can be played over and over again - and you'll be racking up the virtual dollars in no time.
You, and a team of up to six, are ordered to destroy four garbage trucks owned by a rival gang. Each is guarded by several heavily armed NPCs, and once destroyed you’ll have to hunt down the other members of the gang and their crew boss. Trash Talk, after unlocking at rank 81, is one of the best paying and most efficient money-earning missions in GTA Online. It can net you $15,000 or more in four minutes - if you have a talented enough team.
It’s always fun to spend a day at the pier. Pier Pressure, which unlocks at rank 6, requires you to crash a meeting under the pier in Del Perro, take out all involved, and return a package of meth to the person who assigned the mission to you. It’s an easy mission to tackle for any of number of players (up to 4), and can earn you a quick $15,000. If anything, it’s a nice change of pace from the concrete city.
If you’re looking for a solo challenge then Rooftop Rumble, which unlocks at rank 75, might be more your speed. It's a difficult mission that can net you over $20,000 if you take your time completing it - simply running up the clock usually nets you more cash for missions. All you have to do is blow up a meeting between the FIB and the Professionals, steal the documents they were exchanging, and deliver them to the the person that assigned you the mission.
Unlocking at rank 12, Blow Up is another early mission that can get you tens of thousands of dollars by completing it on your own. All you have to do is destroy a bunch of vehicles at a dealership, lose the cops, and then return to the dealership. A smart way to go about the carnage is to move all the vehicles closer together before using explosives, as this will make it easier to blow them up and lessen the likelihood of the cops showing up.
GTA Online patch notes | How to play GTA Online | GTA Online beginners guide | How to make money fast in GTA Online | How to level up fast in GTA Online | GTA Online fastest cars | GTA Online fastest bikes | GTA Online best weapons | GTA Online Shark Card
You can also check out the best GTA 5 Cheats in the video below:
- Nordvpn accounts pastebin 2020
- Cockpit cover boat
- Philips headlight bulbs comparison
- New smyrna gun range
- Layered hair styles
- Zillow flagstaff az
- Old london alternate font
- Great western motorcycles
- Va unemployment number
- Diy burlap curtain ideas
GTA Online: 15 Custom Games That Players Need To Try
GTA Online is a great game. A big part of what makes this game great is the countless game modes that players have come up with. Like Halo,GTA Online has a custom game creator that allows players to make special maps that intertwine with Los Santos.
RELATED: Open-World Games To Play If You Loved Grand Theft Auto V
Some of these games take players high above the city in cars flying at amazing speeds while some take players to massive hills where countless falling items challenge their dexterity. Whatever type of game players choose to take on, they can bet that they will have a blast doing it.
Updated August 8th, 2021, by Aden Carter: GTA Online has more game modes to discover than ever before. Players are constantly creating new game modes and maps for others to enjoy. Certain game modes have people take on different roles that protect and harm important players. Other game modes have players take to new heights and ram each other off a platform in vehicles. Users simply need to head on over to the Rockstar App and browse the various jobs to get a taste of what it has to offer. From there, people can scroll through countless games and maps that are all user-created and a ton of fun. They can even filter out the game modes they don't like.
Avalanche is exactly how it sounds, an avalanche. The difference from a normal avalanche is that this one involves a team of players running up a large hill while avoiding objects falling from the sky. While one team is busy trying to avoid objects that will send them to their doom, another team is trying to cause that doom.
The other team is perched high up on a platform where they shoot floating objects with sniper rifles to make them fall. This game mode keeps players on their toes to avoid getting crushed by the oncoming Rhino Tank.
14 Snipers Vs. Stunters
This is a game mode that is great for people who like fast cars but hate the nitty-gritty racing scene. This game mode is another that puts two teams against each other, one a team of snipers, the other a team of drivers. The drivers fly down large hills or at ramps to jump over a platform where the snipers are waiting.
Their goal is to hit the snipers off the platform. The sniper team is tasked with trying to kill the drivers as they jump over the platform. This is done with a bunch of different weapons like sniper rifles, RPGs, and grenade launchers.
13 Demolition Derby
In a demolition derby, there is only one rule; the last man standing wins. Demolition derby maps vary depending on who makes them. Some of these maps can be large domes, while others can have players fighting high up in the air. They all have one thing in common, destroy the other drivers.
Each player chooses their car and slams into one another just like in a real demolition derby. What could be more fun with a group of friends than pushing them off a cliff in a high-end sports car?
12 4x4 Parkour
4x4 Parkour is one of the more popular game modes that players tend to post videos of. Creators create maps using the stunt race game mode, but they add some interesting twists and turns to it. These maps are interesting because of the difficulty that some of them can possess.
RELATED: Things You Can Only Do In GTA V (With Mods)
Some of these maps have massive jumps, tricky platforms, stair climbing, and more. Players looking to test their skills should give some of these maps a try. These maps can show even the most experienced drivers that they need to learn a thing or two.
11 High-speed Demolition Derby
Like the traditional demolition derby game mode, players will be smashing into one another and attempting to cause some crazy mayhem. The big difference in the high-speed version is that there is a set speed limit that must be obeyed.
That doesn't mean that the players need to go the speed limit but rather go over it. Any player that gets caught going under the speed limit for too long will explode. That is an extra layer of fear to go along with the already constant anxiety of getting a car destroyed.
Remember that classic game Bomberman? Many players loved the idea of running through a small walled-in area, placing bombs, and trying to take out the other players. This GTA Online game mode takes the classic Bomberman style and gives it a tune-up.
This game mode puts players into two teams, the bombers and the runners. The runners hop in their cars and take to the streets, making turns, and avoiding the inevitable explosion that is bound to happen. The bomber team is tasked with dropping bombs from above to destroy the runners. This is an exciting game mode that really helps spice up a classic.
Bomberman was covered, so now it is time to cover Tron. The deadline game mode takes the classic light cycle game from Tron and puts players against each other in a large arena.
Players get on their Shotaro motorcycles and take to the arena where their cycles leave trails of hard light. Hitting one of these trails will instantly kill a player, but these trails are only so long. Players will need to be careful where they travel or risk getting killed by someone else.
8 Bike Vs. Truck
This game mode is another that takes two teams and faces them off against each other in the classic fight of semi-truck vs. BMX bike. This may sound like the most unfair game mode imaginable, but it actually makes a lot of sense.
RELATED: Mistakes Everyone Makes While Playing Grand Theft Auto V
Semi-trucks have a hard time turning and going up hills while bikes can make quick turns and go off-road easily. The biker team must make it to a distant point across the map while the truck team tries to take them out. The bikers can easily go off-road or use the truck's poor turning to their advantage to pull off some tricky maneuvers.
7 Power Play
Power play is more of a revamp of a classic game mode rather than a new one. This game mode takes the classic team deathmatch and turns it on its head by adding some insane power-ups. These power-ups can vary from screen effects to making an entire team disappear from the map. One power-up rules them all though, and that power-up is called beast mode.
Beast mode makes the player all-powerful by increasing their speed, health, and strength. A player with this ability is capable of killing other players with a single punch. The downside is that they lose their weapons.
6 Hunting Pack
In the hunting pack game mode, there are two teams, the attackers and the defenders. These two teams fight over a player who is driving a heavy vehicle like a bus or a money transport vehicle. The defending team is tasked with protecting the heavy vehicle while the attacking team tries to take it out.
The runner in the heavy vehicle must make it to a destination on a map without getting destroyed. Another thing worth mentioning is that if the heavy vehicle goes below a certain speed it automatically explodes.
The Trollbox game mode is similar to parkour races that many players might have tried. What makes it different is that players need to figure out how to escape the box to win.
The maps that players create are often confusing and obvious paths lead people to dead ends or their doom. This is definitely a fun way to pass the time with friends as everyone traverses a confusing map filled with twists, turns, and mockery.
4 Gun Game
Many players will remember Gun Game from Call of Duty. This popular game mode has been in multiple COD games and is frequently a fan favorite. Gun Game has now been brought into GTA Online in the form of the game Kill Quota.
RELATED: The Most Expensive Items In GTA Online (& How Much They Sell For)
In this game mode, the host chooses a loadout for all the players. Each team must then reach a certain kill count before switching to the next weapon in the set. Each new weapon becomes weaker and weaker until the team is using nothing but melee items.
War is a variant of the last team standing job with more guns and more carnage. Regular team deathmatches can get a little old, but War cranks up the carnage and puts tons of weapons on the map for players to grab.
War maps often have more choke points, larger openings, and better obstacles to climb for height advantages. While this game mode isn't as inspired as others, it is still fun for teams to take part in and prove that they are the best.
Entourage is all about protecting the VIP. One team joins the game as bodyguards who must protect the VIP at all costs. The bodyguards only have three lives, but they get great weapons and can pick weapons up along the way to the extraction zone.
The other team in the game takes up the role of the assassins. Their job is to kill the VIP before they can reach the extraction zone. They get weaker weapons than the bodyguards but also get unlimited lives.
Sumo is full of action and stressful situations that can pay off big for skilled players. This game mode is all about outwitting the other players as everyone tries to push one another out of the circle in their vehicles.
Over time the circle the players are in gets smaller and smaller until it does exist. All players who get pushed out explode and are forced to spectate for the remainder of the match.
NEXT: Reasons Why GTA V Is The Best Game Of The Last Decade (& 5 Games That Deserve The Title More)
With the Anniversary Edition of Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim just around the corner, there are some concerns that mods may be affected by the changes.
Read NextAbout The Author
Aden Carter loves all things involving video games and pop culture. He is a gamer at heart who volunteered at Impulse Gamer writing reviews before finding work at Valnet, inc. Carter enjoys everything from puzzle platformers to high action shooters, ultimately loves a good RPG. In recent years he received his bachelor's degree in creative writing from Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida.