Do more with your WiFi using the NETGEAR Nighthawk app. Access your router’s features and manage your network from anywhere after quickly setting up your WiFi in just a few steps.
The Nighthawk app gives you convenient access to your router’s features:
- Anywhere Access – Monitor and control your home WiFi from anywhere.
- Smart Parental Controls – Filter content and limit time online automatically with Circle® on NETGEAR.
- Armor Security – Advanced cybersecurity on your network to protect all devices from online threats.
- Speed Test – See if you’re getting the internet broadband speeds you’re paying for.
- Guest WiFi – Set up a secure and separate WiFi network for guests.
- Traffic Meter – Monitor internet usage over time.
- Easily pause WiFi, update firmware, and more!
The NETGEAR Nighthawk app (formerly Up App) is a complete upgrade from the legacy NETGEAR genie app. New features are consistently being added. Install it today!
For more information about your router, visit http://www.support.netgear.com
This latest release adds new enhancements and fixes. Be sure to update your Nighthawk router to the latest version with the app in order to explore all the great features. Reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any feedback or run into any issues — we’re here to help.
Ratings and Reviews
4.7 out of 5
Disappointed with Netgear in general.
I have been using the Netgear Genie app for a couple of years. The Nighthawk app is ok, but it doesn’t have a refresh for when my kids are turning on theirs devices to be “unpaused”, so I still use the Genie app.
I would really like to see all devices that have an IP address assigned to them in my device list. Then I could “unpause” them before they are actually connected. I would also like to see a time limit for certain devices. This is the concept with products like Circle. It would be nice if my router did those things so I would not have to buy yet another router to get that capability.
I am aware that Circle is available on certain Nighthawk routers, but not all and the one that it is available on is far inferior to the product I have. I hate that I had to buy the more expensive model without the parental controls I wanted because the router with the controls didn’t work in my house. I fully expected Netgear to upgrade the better routers but that has not happened in well over 2 years.
In all I would not choose Netgear again. There are other routers on the market that have parental controls built in and on several models. I hope to switch soon.
Needs key features
So, the app does work thankfully but I have some qualms with it. This app should support all Netgear WiFi boosters. If you don’t use a nighthawk booster, ALL devices won’t show on the device list, not just what’s on the booster. Next, I do like that there are preset times to allow guest WiFi but it either needs to let you input the time manually or it should have a drop down menu like every other Netgear app has that you can select time increments of 15-30 minutes. I have my kids on the guest WiFi since my Netgear booster isn’t supported for the XR500. The XR500 doesn’t have parental controls at all, even though the advertisement says it does. It’s much better to be able to set time periods on a guest WiFi than it is to disable each device and have to look at the time constantly. I’d love to see this app to give more control since the admin is the one who uses the app. I’d love to be able to edit the devices themselves on the app. Yea I’m sure Netgear will say, get the circle app. Guys... the circle app is among the worse apps you have. It DOESN’T work. Netgear products aren’t cheap and you shouldn’t need five apps to do something basic. You shouldn’t have to pay a premium for parental controls. Netgear’s reputation keeps taking major hits because the lack of user friendly apps and trying to cash out on features that every other company gives for free. This was almost a $400 router. I’d expect to be able to use an app that acts like the $400 was well spent.
iOS/iPadOS App often doesn’t work when IPV6 enabled on R6700v2 (latest firmware)
Feb. 9, 2020 update: Latest App now works better when IPV6 enabled, but I still often have trouble with local auto-login when starting the App. The irritating workaround for the login problem (with IPV6 enabled) is to close the Nighthawk App, turn off and on WiFi in iPhone/iPad Settings App, and open the Nighthawk App again. Of course, the other workaround is to disable IPV6 in the router’s Web interface and reboot the router (if you don’t need IPV6).
The Netgear R6700v2 was advertised as supporting IPV6 but I have had irritating problems when IPV6 is enabled. The biggest problem now is that if IPV6 is turned on in the router’s advanced options (disabled by default), then the Nighthawk App on both iPhone and iPad often or usually doesn’t work or works for a while and stops working. If I turn off IPV6 and reboot the router, the App works fine. Other than this Nighthawk App, I think IPV6 works (using Web interface rather than App) although some VPN’s won’t work from the router’s network with IPV6 although newer versions of VPN’s with IPV6 support will probably work. Luckily, I don’t require IPV6 yet, and recommend Netgear router users just avoid enabling IPV6 unless they know they need it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NETGEAR, Inc.
- 237.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 NETGEAR, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
More By This Developer
You Might Also Like
Secrets About Netgear Nighthawk App That Never Revealed
In this particular post, we will reveal all about the Netgear router App “Nighthawk”. We will try to assist you with how to change SSID (network name) and Netgear wireless router password with the help of the Netgear Nighthawk App.
We will also reveal some important facts about the Netgear Nighthawk App in this section.
Change Netgear router network name (SSID) & password with Nighthawk App
Try to connect your laptop/computer or smartphone with your currently existing Netgear wireless router’s WiFi network and launch the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC or smartphone.
Enter the login credentials that have been created by you for the very first time you used to sign in to mywifiext.net local setup page and click on the login button.
As you log in to the webpage, you will land to the Dashboard, tap on the ‘WiFi Settings’, and try to mention your newly generated SSID in the ‘WiFi Network Name’ region.
Enter you’re personalized newly set password in the network security key field and tap on the ‘save’ button. Congratulations! You have successfully saved the settings using the Netgear router app.
Note: The steps remain the same if you are using the Netgear Nighthawk app for Windows 10.
All you Need to Know About Nighthawk App
The Nighthawk app is a popular Netgear router app which makes it quite much easier to set up a Netgear wireless router. With the help of this Nighthawk router app, you can set up, configure, and install your Netgear wifi router with a few easy steps. Simply try to connect your laptop, desktop, or mobile device with your currently existing router’s WiFi network, and this approach the valuable Netgear Nighthawk app for PC will take you throughout the rest seamlessly.
Once the set up is done completely, you can take the advantage to pause the internet connection with your wired or wireless devices with the help of an intuitive dashboard of your Nighthawk app, Now you can quickly run an Internet speed test as well and many more.
Direct your Home Wireless Network Remotely
This beneficial Netgear Nighthawk App for Windows 10 allows you to monitor and control your wireless home network easily from anywhere and at any time. In addition, you can also set up ‘Google Assistant’ and ‘Amazon Alexa’ voice command assistance for your home wifi network as well with the help of the new remote management advance feature using the Netgear Nighthawk router app.
Get instant help from the technical experts for Netgear Nighthawk setup via chat or email.
How to download the Netgear Nighthawk App?
To download the Nighthawk app, visit the Google Play store. You can also download the app from Netgear Download Page. You can directly download and install the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC Windows 10.
Unrevealed Nighthawk App Advance Features
Important Key Point: Your currently existing wireless router may not support some of the below-mentioned advanced features.
WiFi Configuration Settings
You can use the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC to configure your WiFi SSID network name, passphrase security key, and security method.
Connected Device List
Now you can easily view the complete list of all the active devices that are connected to your home WiFi network using the Netgear Nighthawk router app.
Guest WiFi Network Zone
Configure the guest SSID WiFi network, a passphrase security key. The Guest WiFi feature allows you to connect only your permitted wifi networks. Only you can have your home wifi network access. For this particular process, you have to establish a strong and long security key of about 15-16 characters with some special symbols.
It feels quite difficult to tell the password every time to the new user because every strong password is a combination of alphabets, letters, and special characters. But as per the security reason, you need to keep your password period change every 3 months.
WiFi Sharing with QR Code
Share your WiFi details (credentials/login ID & password) with the help of a QR (Quick Response) Code provided by the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC Windows 10.
Keeps the previous tests in history.
Use the famous speed test method Ookla (in-built).
Enables Circle with Disney smart parental controls on your Netgear wireless router. It is very important in today’s advanced internet technology world of threatening to keep your kids away from some harmful and malicious websites. Netgear router app Nighthawk provides the parental control feature, which allows you to monitor all the online activities done by your children.
Over time, the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC Windows 10 offers you to monitor and control your wireless router’s internet traffic.
enable or disable remote access via this Netgear Nighthawk router app.
Your WiFi Details
With the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC, you can set up and configure your WiFi router, existing WiFi, parental controls, and main guest WiFi settings in a single place only.
Setup and Installation
The Netgear Nighthawk app for PC Windows 10, Android, or iOS provides you with easy instructions to configure, set up, and install your device.
Nighthawk app for PC also allows you to update the firmware of your Nighthawk router. Updating the firmware will help in resolving various issues related to the performance of your device. If you are not familiar with the process of how to update Netgear router firmware with the help of Nighthawk app for PC, check the steps below:
- On your computer, launch the Netgear nighthawk app for PC.
No matter whether your PC supports Windows 7 or Windows 10, Netgear Nighthawk app for PC works on all Windows versions.
- Enter your username and password and select the Sign In option.
- The dashboard of your Netgear Nighthawk router app will display.
- Navigate to the top and check if any new notification is there regarding firmware update.
- If yes, get your device updated with the help of selecting the Firmware Update option.
This is how you can update your Nighthawk router using the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC on Windows 10 or Windows 7.
Want to know more about the Nighthawk router app and its more advanced features? If yes, then get in touch with our tech experts’ team and get to know everything about the Nighthawk app.
- Can worksheet for kindergarten
- Mustang shelby cobra
- Crossbow explosive bolts warzone
- Concord nh county
- Urbex locations
Netgear Nighthawk App For Router Setup
Netgear Nighthawk app is the most reliable application which offers you an easy way to control your Nighthawk router login settings from a computer and smartphone. Download the Netgear router app from the Play Store or the App Store. You can also download the app from Nighthawk app com web page.
With the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC and smartphone, it becomes really easy to perform the Netgear router setup. The app lets you know how to setup Nighthawk router. To set up your Netgear router, you need to download the Nighthawk-app, log in to your router, and follow the on-screen Netgear Nighthawk setup instructions.
However, make sure to download only the latest version of the app through Nighthawk app com web page. Otherwise, you may face technical issues while setting up your router or making changes to the router settings.
Nighthawk-app installation is a simple and easy process. The Netgear router app makes the firmware updates easy to install. Get a timely notification using the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC when it’s time to upgrade the firmware of the Netgear device.
Wondering how to download the Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile device? Wonder no more! Scroll down and know all about Nighthawk mobile app download.
Download Netgear App for Smartphones
Are you struggling with issues to download the Nighthawk router app? We suggest you download the Nighthawk-app from the Play Store or the App Store to do the Netgear Nighthawk router setup. We will here explain the easy and simple steps to download the Netgear router app.
- Tap on the Apps icon located in the bottom-center or right of the home screen.
- Search and open the Play Store or the App Store icon.
- Tap the magnifying glass present on the top, and type Netgear Nighthawk in the search bar.
- The Netgear Nighthawk app will pop-up on the screen. Tap on the Nighthawk-app.
- Click on the Install button.
- Your Netgear router app will automatically download and then install itself.
- Once the installation process gets completed, run the application on your smartphone to either perform the Netgear Nighthawk setup or manage your WiFi device.
Note: You can also download Netgear Nighthawk app for Windows 10.
Chat With Us
Chat with our experts and get real-time answers to all your queries related to Netgear Nighthawk setup.
Create a Netgear Account with Nighthawk Application
Now with the Netgear account, you can easily manage the router and even extender settings remotely from just about anywhere. Just create an account and without any trouble, manage Netgear Nighthawk setup for both routers and extenders. Following are the major steps to create a Netgear account:
- Open the Netgear Nighthawk app for Windows 10, Android, or iOS device.
- Tap on “Create Netgear account” for the Netgear WiFi router setup.
- Fill in the first and last name to create a Netgear account.
- Type your current email address and password.
- In the next 24 hours, you will get an update related to your Netgear account verification.
- Now, visit back to the Nighthawk-app and try to do Netgear router login again.
Netgear Nighthawk Router Setup with App
Netgear users can easily perform the Nighthawk router setup using the app. Run the network diagnostics and manage the Netgear Nighthawk setup with a single tap from the Netgear router app. Tap on the speed test option to check the Internet speed of your home network. With the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC, now it’s quite easy to set up your Netgear WiFi router. Here’s how to setup Nighthawk router:
- Tap on the Netgear Nighthawk app icon.
- Enter the email and password to sign in.
- Enter the Netgear Nighthawk router login credentials on the next screen.
- Tap on the login button.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions for the Netgear Nighthawk router setup.
- Once done, tap on the Save button.
- Try to access the network map in the Nighthawk application.
That’s how to setup Nighthawk router in a hassle-free manner.
Still Facing Issues? Get in Touch with Our Experts.
How to Perform Netgear Router Setup Using Web GUI?
Although you can make use of the Nighthawk router app to set up and install your Netgear router via a mobile device, the app sometimes stops working for newbies. And thus, they leave the Netgear router setup process in-between. If you don’t know how to setup Nighthawk router, we have got you covered!
You can perform the Netgear Nighthawk router setup using its default web user interface, i.e. routerlogin.net. All you need to do is simply access www.routerlogin.net web address via an internet browser and walk through the on-screen Netgear Nighthawk setup instructions.
Here’s how to perform Netgear router setup using routerlogin.net web user interface:
- Place your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router in a neat and clean area of your home.
- Take an Ethernet cable and insert its one end into your router while another into the existing modem.
- After that, power on your Netgear wireless router.
- Turn on your computer or laptop as well.
- The next step for Netgear WiFi router setup is to launch a web browser of your choice.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address bar and hit the Enter key.
- The Netgear Nighthawk router login window appears.
- Input the username and password in the given fields.
- Once done, hit on the Log In button.
- A pop-up will appear. Select the radio button that says Yes and click on the Next button.
- Input and confirm a new Nighthawk router admin password.
- Choose two security questions and answer them correctly.
- Hit on the Next button.
A Congratulations page will appear, informing you that you have completed the Netgear WiFi router setup properly. In this way, you can perform Netgear router setup using the default routerlogin.net web interface if the Nighthawk mobile app doesn’t work for you.
What You Can do With the Netgear Router App?
There are many things you can perform with a single Netgear Nighthawk app for PC. All you need to do is just perform the Netgear Nighthawk router login via the app. However, ensure to download the app from Nighthawk app com web page properly. Following are some of the best features of the Netgear Nighthawk Router App:
Network Map- Get the list of all connected wired and wireless devices with your home network. The network map will show the complete details and IP address of the devices.
Parental Controls- Now with parental controls, block some particular websites during Netgear Nighthawk setup, which you do not want your kids to access from their smartphone or computer.
Guest Network- After downloading the app from Nighthawk app com web page, you can enable the guest network for visitors with limited access to the Internet.
Netgear Router Troubleshooting- The app also allows you to fix various issues in a matter of minutes. You can do Netgear router troubleshooting using the Netgear Nighthawk app for Windows 10.
Remote Access- Once done with the Netgear WiFi router setup, you can now use the remote access feature to manage your router remotely from anywhere.
Netgear Router Login Using Nighthawk App
Whether you want to perform Netgear Nighthawk setup or need to modify settings of an existing router, the first step is Netgear router login. Of course, you can log in to your Netgear WiFi router using the Nighthawk router app (former ‘Up’ app). But do you know how to do so? If not, don’t fret out!
Here’s a step-by-step guide to do Netgear Nighthawk router login using the Netgear Nighthawk mobile app:
- Connect the provided antennas (if any) to your Netgear WiFi router.
- Now, make a wired connection between your Netgear router and modem.
- Plug your router into an electrical socket and turn it on.
- On your Android or iOS device, open the Google Play or App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk App.
- From the search results, find the app and hit the Download button.
- Let the app download properly.
- After that, launch the Nighthawk router app.
- Make sure that your mobile device has an accessible internet connection.
- Now, open the app on your device.
- The Netgear Nighthawk login window appears.
- Enter the user ID and passphrase into the given fields.
- Hit the Log In button.
That’s all! You have successfully logged into your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router. In case of any difficulty, feel free to get in touch with our experts.
Note: You can also access routerlogin.net web interface to perform Nighthawk router login through an internet browser.
Netgear Router Firmware Update
Is your WiFi router behaving weirdly even after the successful Netgear Nighthawk setup? If yes, then it is time to install new Netgear router firmware update. Netgear introduces firmware updates on a regular basis to enhance the router’s performance, fix bugs, and improve network security.
You can perform Netgear router firmware update either via the routerlogin.net web interface or using the Nighthawk app for PC. Let’s shed some light on both the Netgear firmware update methods one by one.
How to Perform Netgear Router Firmware Update Via Routerlogin.net?
- Power on your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear router to the home modem.
- On your computer or laptop, pull up a web browser as per your liking.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address bar and hit the Enter key.
- You will be landed on the Nighthawk router login web page.
- Enter the username and password into the prompted fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Once logged in, the Netgear Nighthawk setup page will come into view.
- Select the Router Update option.
- Click on the Check button.
- Wait for the router to search for new firmware.
- In the event that new firmware is available, click on the Yes button.
- Let your Netgear router update its firmware.
Note: Do not turn off the router until it completes restarting.
Thus, you can perform the Netgear router firmware update via the routerlogin.net web address.
Netgear Router Update Using Nighthawk App
In case routerlogin.net not working for you, use the Nighthawk router app for Netgear WiFi router update. Here’s how to update Netgear firmware using the Nighthawk mobile app:
- Turn on mobile data on your smartphone.
- Open the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Enter the router admin user ID and passphrase.
- Tap on the Sign In button.
- Once logged in, the Nighthawk router setup page will appear.
- Tap on the Check For Updates button.
- In case there is a new firmware update available, tap on the Update button.
Wait until the Netgear router firmware update process completes. If you come across any sort of technical issue while updating your router firmware, don’t hesitate to reach out to our highly-experienced technicians.
Fix: Netgear Nighthawk App Can’t Detect My Nighthawk Device
While using the Nighthawk router app, there are scenarios when the app is not able to detect your Nighthawk router. The problem may be caused by a couple of things like your router is set to the AP mode or your mobile is connected to multiple networks simultaneously. Whatever the reason, here’s how you can fix this issue:
- Confirm if your Nighthawk router is receiving proper power supply.
- Make sure that the app is properly downloaded from the Nighthawk app com web page.
- Be certain that your device is connected to the router’s network.
- Check whether your router is set to the AP mode or not. You can verify this by logging into the routerlogin.net web page and checking the Router/AP mode option.
- Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Netgear Nighthawk app for Windows 10.
Still your Nighthawk mobile app is unable to detect your Nighthawk router? Contact our experts right away and get the issue resolved in a matter of minutes.
Netgear Nighthawk Login/Setup FAQs
1. How to log into Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router?
In order to log into Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router, you can use either routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com web address. Let’s have a look at the steps required to access the Netgear Nighthawk router login using the web address:
- Plug your Nighthawk WiFi router into a wall socket and power it up.
- Connect your router to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Switch on your laptop or computer and launch an internet browser on it.
- In the top-left corner, i.e. the address bar, type www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear Nighthawk login window will appear on the screen.
- Fill in the blank boxes with the admin username and password.
- Once done, hit the Log In button.
Thus, one can log into the Netgear Nighthawk wireless router using the routerlogin com or routerlogin net.
2. Why do I need to have the latest firmware on my Netgear router?
Having the latest firmware helps the functionality, stability, and performance of your Netgear WiFi router. The most updated and new firmware is likely to rectify issues as well as add new and enhanced features to the router.
3. I have lost my Netgear router configuration CD. How do I set up my router?
Netgear WiFi routers come with an installation CD to make the setup process easier for newbies. But what if the setup CD gets lost, misplaced, or broken? Well, Netgear doesn’t replace broken or lost installation CDs as the setup wizard is built into its routers works in the same manner as the CD.
You need to follow the below-given steps to set up your Netgear router without the configuration CD:
- Grab an Ethernet cable and use it to connect your Netgear WiFi router to the modem.
- Now, turn on your modem as well as the router.
- Open an internet browser of your choice.
- Head over to the routerlogin.net login web page.
- Enter the user ID and passphrase into the given fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- After logging in, hit on the Setup Wizard option.
- Choose the Yes button and click on the Next button.
- Let the router detects the internet connection.
- Thereafter, enter and verify a new admin passphrase.
- Hit the Next button.
- The Configurations page will show on the screen.
In this manner, you can set up and install your Netgear WiFi router without using the configuration CD. Stuck at any step? Get in touch with our highly-experienced technicians and set up your Netgear router in no time.
4. What is the default password for Netgear Nighthawk router login?
You can find the default Netgear Nighthawk router login credentials (username and password) in the manual that came with the purchase.
5. How to log into my Nighthawk tri-band WiFi extender?
To log into your Netgear Nighthawk tri-band WiFi extender, do the following:
- Open a web browser on your system and go to mywifiext.net web page.
- Once the Nighthawk WiFi extender login window prompts, enter the username and passphrase.
- Hit Log In.
Note: Use mywifiext.local web address to log into your Nighthawk extender on a Mac, iPhone, or iPad. You can also use the Nighthawk-app to log in to your Netgear extender.
6. How do I update Netgear extender firmware?
You can perform the Nighthawk extender firmware update by visiting the www.mywifiext.net web page. After logging in, click on the Firmware Update button. In case there is any new firmware update available, download and install that on your Netgear Nighthawk extender. If you experience any sort of technical issue while updating the firmware on your Netgear Nighthawk extender, contact our experts and let them help you out.
7. What is the default IP used for Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router login?
In case the web address routerlogin.net not working for you, use the default IP 192.168.1.1 for accessing the Netgear Nighthawk login web page.
NETGEAR Routers have a dedicated app available call Nighthawk using which you install your router and configure it. Once configured, you can use it to connect to the internet. The NETGEAR Nighthawk app is available for both Android and iOS devices on the Play Store and App Store.
Setting Up NETGEAR Router with Nighthawk App
You can set up your router easily through the NETGEAR Nighthawk app from your Android or iOS device. Follow these steps to set up the router using the Nighthawk app:
- Download and install the Nighthawk app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Now, set the router by attaching the provided antennas and connecting the modem to the Internet port.
- Power on your Router and wait for the Wi-Fi Network to be established.
- Once Wi-Fi Network is set up, go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your mobile device and connect to the Wi-Fi Network. (You can find the WiFi network name (SSID) and password on the label of the router.
- Now, open the NETGEAR Nighthawk app on your mobile device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the router and connect to the internet.
No wonder Mike left you for me. Maya with him. A week ago, I would have been depressed with this news, but now I don't care.How to Remotely Manage Your Router Using the Nighthawk App - NETGEAR
A minute later, leaving Svetka in the room, I went to the kitchen, wildly thirsty. Alice came next, still smiling mysteriously and looking into her eyes. I liked it, "she said, and the smile became even wider.
- Fortnite popularity chart
- 4runner front bumper cover
- Best pakistani dramas 2012
- Pro wrestling history
- Samsung sm s102dl case
- Butte montana map
- Skin fade spiky hair
- Keurig model b30
Through a drunken intoxication, I begin to remember that yesterday I met a newcomer, Oleg seems to be. He gave the phone and said that he would answer himself. So either he is not married, or his wife is now away, or he is on a business trip (but this is unlikely). I tell Angelka to dial 722-59-69.