City of hanford permits

City of hanford permits DEFAULT


Can I get a sign for my business?

For information regarding signs please contact our Planning Department at the number listed below. 

Phone: (559) 585-2580

Do I need a fire inspection for my business?

Do I need a license to work from home?

Anyone conducting business in the city limits of Hanford is required to obtain a business license regardless of location. 

Do I need a permit to film in the city?

How do I find out about bidding for city contracts

All requests for proposals are published to our website. Please click below for further information. 
Bids and RFPs

How do I transfer my business to a new owner

How much does a business license or permit cost?

For gross receipt businesses the fee is $5.00 to get started, and then after that based on their earnings for 3 months. Contractors are $10.00 for a sub contractor and $15.00 for a general contractor. 

I want to hold an outdoor / open-air event... do I need a permit?

I want to sell goods or services at an event in the city.

If you would like to sell goods or services at an event in the City please contact our Recreation Department at the number listed below. 

Phone: (559) 585-2522

What business incentives does the city offer?

There are many incentives that the City of Hanford can offer. Please contact our Economic Development Department at the number listed below. 

Phone: (559) 585-2580

What city land or property is for sale?

Please contact our Economic Development Department regarding any City owned properties that are for sale at the number listed below. 

Phone: (559) 585-2580

What is a certificate of occupancy permit?

A Certificate of Occupancy is issued whenever a new building is constructed within the city limits. Inspections are conducted to ensure that the basic construction, wiring, plumbing, and other elements of the building are up to code, and can be certified as being safe for occupation. 

What is a conditional use permit?

A Variance granted to a property owner that allows a use otherwise prevented by zoning. For further information regarding a conditional use permit, please contact our planning department at the number listed below.

Phone: (559) 585-2580

What licenses do I need to start a business.

In order to start a business in the City of Hanford you will need the following:

1. Signed Certificate of Occupancy or signed Certificate of Home Occupancy.

2. Business License.

What programs exist for minority or women owned businesses.

Please contact our Economic Development Department for programs for your business. 

Phone: (559) 585-2580

Where do I get or renew my taxi license.

Please contact the Finance Department at the number listed below regarding taxi licenses. 

Phone: (559) 585-2500


Building Division

The Building Division is located within the Community Development Department and is under the direction of Building Official Tom Webb.

The main goal of the Building Division and the Code Compliance Section is to ensure compliance with national, state, and local building, and health and safety codes to safeguard life, health, and property for the residents of Hanford and the public in general. The Building Division performs plan reviews, issues building permits, and performs field inspections on all construction projects located within the city limits. This work is performed to insure that all construction meets the applicable building and zoning codes to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the residents and general public.

The Code Compliance Section is located within the Building Division. Code Compliance enforces the applicable requirements of the Hanford Municipal Code and other applicable state and federal laws. Our code compliance officers strive to make our city a clean, safe, and healthy environment to live in for all its residents.


Inspections must be requested 24/7 by submitting a request through eTRAKiT the City's online inspection portal, or by calling (559) 537-7980 before 3:00 PM for an inspection the next business day.

Building Division
317 N. Douty Street
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Permit Desk Hours
8:00am - 4:00pm - Permits will not be issued after 4:00pm
(559) 585-2581

  1. Vital meaning in telugu
  2. Mission bay boat tours
  3. 95 inch velvet curtains
  4. Closet drawer storage
  5. Practice manager iii salary

Business License

What do I need to get a Business License?
Is your business run out of your home or rented space? If it is run out of your home, and your home is located within the city limits of Han ford, you will need a Home Occupation Permit; if you are renting space in the city limits you will need a Certificate of Occupancy. Both are issued by the Planning Department. A permit (if required) will need to be obtained before a business license can be issued.  All applicable forms needed for your application for a New Business License are, for your convenience, located at the bottom of this page.

Home Occupation Permit
Before a Business License can be issued to residents wanting to establish a home business within the City of Han ford, a Home Occupation Permit must be obtained. A Home Occupation must be a home business that is incidental to and compatible with the adjacent residential uses. It represents a legal income-producing activity by the occupant of the dwelling. The Home Occupation must conform to the regulations listed in Han ford Municipal Code Chapter 17.40, which describes operating standards, prohibited home occupation uses, and whether a home occupation will be allowed upon approval of a conditional use permit. It also lists the reasons why a home occupation permit may be revoked. 

The Home Occupation Permit is reviewed and approved by a Planner and may contain additional conditions that the applicant must adhere to. 

Once the Home Occupation Permit application has been completed and approved (usually the same day application is received) the applicant can proceed to the Finance Department, with a copy of the approved application, to apply for a business license. The Finance Department is located at 315 N. Douty Street. 

Questions about Home Occupation Permits can be directed to the Community Development Department at 559-585-2581.


The license fee for your first quarter of business will be the minimum payment. For a retail based business the fee is $5.00 or $10.00 (if the business is located in the improvement district). If your business is sub-contractor - $10.00 per quarter, General Contractor - $15.00 per quarter, professional or other set rate business we can determine the fee for you when you sign up for your business license.

     Payment Due     25% Late Penalty if not paid by    License Period     Based on earnings from 
     January 1     January 31     Jan. 1 - Mar. 31     Oct. 1 - Dec. 31
     April 1         April 30     Apr. 1 - June 30     Jan. 1 - Mar 31
     July 1     July 31     July 1 - Sept. 30     Apr. 1 - June
     October 1     October 31     Oct. 1 - Dec. 31     July 1 - Sept. 30


New Business License Application or Renewal of Business License

On September 19, 2012 Governor Brown signed into law SB-1186 which added a state fee of $1 on any applicant for local business license or similar instrument or permit, or renewal thereof.  This law was effective January 1, 2013.  The purpose was to increase disability access and compliance with construction-related accessibility requirements and to develop educational resources for businesses in order to facilitate compliance with federal and state disability laws, as specified.

Senate Bill 1186 was amended as follows:

  • January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2023, a four-dollar ($4) additional fee to be paid by any applicant for a local business license, permit or similar instrument when it is issued or renewed.   

The purpose of the fee is to increase disability access and compliance with construction-related accessibility requirements.  Additionally, the fee assists local jurisdictions in supporting the Certified Access Specialist (CASp) program (/dsa/Programs/programCert/casp.aspx)  and provides the Division of the State Architect (DSA) with funds to maintain oversight of the CASp program.

Under federal and state law, compliance with disability access laws is a serious and significant responsibility that applies to all California building owners and tenants with buildings open to the public.  You may obtain information about your legal obligations and how to comply with disability access laws at the following agencies:

You can contact Governor Brown's office regarding this bill by calling (916) 445-2841

Business License Documents
Business License Application
Business License Gross Receipts Renewal Form
Home Occupation Permit Application
Parade/Public Gathering Peddler License Application

Transient Occupancy Tax Quarterly Return Form
Mobile Food Vendor Permit Application




I have made a complaint, how long do I have to wait before I see something being done?

After your complaint has been received, the average turnaround time is two (2) to five (5) working days for a Code Compliance Officer to perform the initial investigation. We make every effort to respond to each complaint as soon as it is filed as each and every complaint is important to us.  Complaints are prioritized according to potential health and safety hazards. 

What is a Conditional Use?

A Conditional Use is a use that is not principally permitted in a particular zoning district. Conditional Uses require a Planning Commission hearing in order to determine if the proposed use is necessary and desirable to the neighborhood, whether it may potentially have a negative impact on the surrounding neighborhood, and whether the use complies with the General Plan. During this public hearing the Planning Commission will “condition” the use by applying operational conditions that may mitigate neighborhood concerns as well as apply conditions that may be required by the Community Development Department and the zoning code. Conditional Use Permits are entitlements that run with the property, not the operator. 

What is a site plan review?

A site plan review is a process that enables the community development department to determine whether a proposed development is in conformity with the intent and provisions of this chapter and to guide the building official in the issuance of building permits. More specifically, site plan review is necessary to ensure that all improvements, including without limitation structures, parking areas, walks, refuse containers, landscaping and street improvements are properly located or adjacent to their sites and to surrounding sites and structures; to prevent excessive grading of the land and the creation of drainage hazards; to prevent the indiscriminate clearing of property and the destruction of trees and shrubs of ornamental value; to avoid unsightly, inharmonious, monotonous and hazardous site development; and to encourage originality in site design and development in a manner which will enhance the physical appearance and attractiveness of the community. The site plan review process is intended to provide for the expeditious review of environmental impact assessments required by official policy of the city and the state.


What is a variance?

The zoning code regulates the use of property, including the size, design, and siting of buildings that may be constructed on a piece of property. The zoning code has standards for buildings that govern such features as rear yards, front setbacks, usable open space, height, and parking. A variance is a request for an exception to a Planning Code standard. 

What type of building projects require a Building Permit?

Review the City Contacts & Useful Information section on this website. 


Permits hanford city of

Permits & Licenses

Can I get a Small Business loan

The City of Hanford Economic Development Division has several low interest loan programs available. Please click the link below for further information or contact us at the number listed below.

Phone: (559) 585-2580

Low Interest Loan Programs

Can I put up a sign on telephone poles

Attaching signs to telephone poles is prohibited. 

Can I renew my driving license online

For information regarding drivers license renewals please contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) by clicking the link below. 

California Department of Motor Vehicles

Do I need a license or permit to run a business out of my house

Anyone conducting a business in the city limits of Hanford is required to obtain a business license regardless of location. For further information please contact our business license department at the number listed below.

Phone: (559) 585-2512

Do I need a permit for a new swimming pool

Yes a permit is required for construction of a new swimming pool. Please contact the Building Division at the number listed below. 

Phone: (559) 585-2580

Do I need a permit for my business sign

Yes a permit is required. Please contact the Planning Division at the number listed below. 

Phone: (559) 585-2580

I am building a new house, what departments do I talk to

Please contact the Building Division at the number listed below. 

Phone: (559) 585-2580

I am opening a restaurant, what permits and licenses do I need

I am opening a retail store, what business permits do I need

I am remodeling my house what permits do I need

Please contact the Building Division at the number listed below. 

Phone: (559) 585-2580

I am starting a new business... what licenses do I need

You need to have a signed Certificate of Occupancy (for a physical location in Hanford) or a signed Certificate of Home Occupancy (home based business) before filling out the license application. General information requested on the form is business address, mailing address, type of business, start date, ownership, BOE #, contractor’s license, FEIN #, and owner information. 

I need a license for the sale of alcohol

I need a license for the sale of beer and wine

I want to become a taxi driver

Please contact the City of Hanford Finance Department at the number listed below. 

Phone: (559) 585-2500

I want to film in the city who do I talk to

Tell me about construction permits

For further information about a construction/building permit please visit the Building Division web page by clicking the link below.

Phone: (559) 585-2580

Hanford Building Division

Where can I go for General Business Assistance

Please contact our Economic Development Division at the number listed below.

Phone: (559) 585-2580

Washington State Cleanup Permit for Hanford

I dutifully run there, late and stumbling in a dark alley on a high stiletto heel. It was wet between my legs from the mere idea of what would happen there. I touched the pussy, thrusting my hand under the dress and immediately saw a couple of lanky guys watching me, who were hidden in. The street gazebo.

Now discussing:

We immediately took a fancy to this gorgeous brunette, who absolutely did not hesitate to stay in the camera. And although this is not our genre, we invited her for a. Couple of open photos with our group. Then we all snapped our mouths, how erotic this young body looked with our guitars, keys and drums.

This photo session smoothly flows around the whole team in the local bar, and he, in his turn, to us with Lena is alone in my room.

325 326 327 328 329