Construction license classes

Construction license classes DEFAULT

This 60 hour online pre-license course prepares you for the Michigan Residential Builder PSI exam and includes a downloadable PDF so that you can take the material with you! Topics covered include construction laws, business practices and building codes. Finally, it includes a final exam you need to prepare you for the state exam.

The first step to become a licensed Residential Builder or Maintenance & Alteration Contractor in Michigan is to complete a 60 hour pre-licensure course through an approved provider.

When you enroll in this course, you will receive:

  • 60 hours of LARA approved online instruction, including videos, animated slides and interactive quizzes
  • Instant online classroom access
  • The ability to complete the course at your pace and around your schedule
  • Downloadable PDFs for the entire course
  • Excellent technical and instructor support

Need a payment plan? We offer an installment agreement with 4 easy payments, no credit check required!

Add the class to your cart to begin the enrollment process.

The Glencoe Carpentry and Construction textbook is highly recommended, but not required. Add it to your cart during registration if you do not already have a copy.


Welcome to Contractors State License Services

We can help you pass your California Contractors License Exam. With over 25 contractor license schools in California we provide full-service support to help you through this process. We guarantee you will pass the Contractors exam the first time. Contractors State License Services (CSLS) is the largest school in California devoted to the Construction professional. For 30 years, CSLS has helped its students pass the California contractor licensing exam to become licensed contractors in the State of California. Additionally, we offer complete home study and online contractor’s license programs to help you pass your California contractor’s license exam. More...

successful students

The CSLS Difference

Contractors State License Service is one of the only contractor schools in the state that is run by educators, not lawyers or people mostly interested in the bonding and insurance business. Most importantly, CSLS operates under the provisions of the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 which is administered by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. CSLS offers comprehensive application processing by trained professionals - we will even submit it to the Contractors State License Board (CSLB) on your behalf.

Click here for more information about the CSLS Difference

CSLS Licensing Classes

We offer licensing classes for all types of contractor licenses, including: General Engineering Contractor | General Building Contractor | Specialty Contractor | Insulation and Acoustical Contractor | Framing and Rough Carpentry Contractor | Cabinet, Millwork and Finish Carpentry Contractor | Concrete Contractor | Drywall Contractor | Electrical Contractor | Elevator Contractor | Landscaping Contractor | Warm-Air Heating | Ventilating and Air-Conditioning Contractor, and many others.

For a complete list of contractor licenses, Click here

Clases disponibles en Espanol

Uno de cada tres aplicantes para la licencia del Estado utiliza los servicios de CSLB con el fin de pasar su examen. Usted puede estar confiado de que está recibiendo un programa comprobado como exitoso. El 98% de los estudiantes aprueban la primera vez. Aprende más

In California, anyone who contracts to perform work on a project that is valued at $500 or more for labor and materials must hold a current, valid license from the CSLB. More...

Concord | Fresno | Modesto | Oakland | Roseville | Sacramento | Salinas | San Jose | San Rafael | Santa Rosa | South San Francisco

Bakersfield | Burbank/Glendale | Canoga Park | Canyon Country | Covina | Indio | Lancaster | Lawndale | Long Beach | Los Angeles | Norwalk/Santa Fe Springs | Ontario | Orange | Palm Springs/Cathedral City | Redlands/San Bernardino | Riverside | San Diego | San Marcos | Temecula | Van Nuys| Ventura | Victorville | West Los Angeles

  1. Hyperx headset ps4
  2. Crystal beer parlor
  3. Party parrot reddit
  4. Forum ru board com
  5. Gta cayo perico

Pass Your Contractor Exam The First Time!

Do you need to get your Minnesota contractor’s license? To obtain a Minnesota Residential Building Contractor License, you must pass both the Minnesota Business and Law Exam and the Minnesota Residential Building Contractor Exam. The exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions on each of the two topics for a total of 100 questions. The Business and Law Exam covers Minnesota laws and business practices. The Residential Building Contractor Exam is an in-depth exam about construction techniques and building code requirements. To learn more about the Residential Contractor Exam, visit our about the exam page.

Our contractor school has the exam prep you need to help you pass both of these exams. The course, How to Pass the Minnesota Contractor Exam, covers everything you need to know to give you success on exam day. This course is packed with study tips, test-taking tactics, and clearly explained examples. You'll get all the terms, examples, and definitions you need to help you pass with flying colors. 

The live exam prep course is taught by experts in the industry, applying their knowledge of the contracting industry and giving real-world examples. Our exam prep course has been revised and updated to reflect the 2020 Minnesota Residential Contractor requirements.


You can’t get a contractor’s license in Florida, Oregon, or any other state unless you’re prepared to part with some cash. Just like any industry, construction requires an investment in your future. If you work hard and apply what you learn, you’ll recoup your money, but how much do contractor classes cost and how should you budget your educational money?

Formal Education

Contractor classes

A formal education sets you up for success as a contractor.

If you decide to get an associate’s degree in construction, you’ll spend between $1,200 and $18,000, according to CostHelper. You’ll spend less money if you choose an educational institution near your home, as out-of-state tuition can add $10,000 or more to your total bill.

An associate’s degree takes approximately two years to complete, assuming you fulfill your course requirements on schedule. You’ll learn essential skills like math and English as well as construction-related skills, such as reading blueprints and schematics.

Several areas of study or concentration exist, including an associate’s in construction technology and an associate’s in construction management. Bachelor’s degree programs can provide you with even greater educational foundation, but many construction professionals feel that four years is too long to spend in school.

Certificate Programs

CostHelper reports that construction certificate programs cost anywhere from $1,800 to $9,000. These programs are similar to trade schools for other skills and provide you with an education that concentrates specifically on construction. By contrast, you’ll learn other skills in an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program.


Contractor classes

On-the-job training as an apprentice offers a cheaper and more hands-on educational opportunity for future contractors.

If you want to gather on-the-job training before you embark upon a supervisory career in construction, an apprenticeship offers an exciting opportunity. Many apprenticeships don’t cost you any money; your labor serves as your payment for the instruction and experience you gain.

However, formal apprenticeships can cost you up to $1,000. Companies that match apprentices with licensed contractors often charge administrative fees to cover their expenses.


You must also pay to get your license as a general contractor. You’ll pay fees for taking your exam, applying for the license, and other costs. The prices vary by state, but range from $50 to $300. These are not negotiable or optional because most states require you to obtain a license if you want to work legally in that jurisdiction.

Continuing Education

Most states require general contractors to update their education every two years or so. You’ll have to take continuing education courses, either online or in person, to maintain your license in good standing.

Continuing education courses can cost between #30 and $180 each. In most cases, you’ll have to take multiple classes, so make sure you check the licensing requirements in your state.

Comparing Costs

You can often save money on contractor classes if you buy them as a bundle rather than individually. For example, Florida contractors save $19 on their continuing education contractor classes at PDH Contractor’s Academy when they buy two classes at once.

You’ll spend less money if you pursue education as an apprentice instead of formal education. This can benefit some professionals who lack the funds to pay extensive tuition, but in some cases, the formal education atmosphere offers better rewards.

You can also often save money when you take contractor classes online instead of in person. Distance learning costs less for the class administrator, and you benefit from those savings.

If you’re ready to start your start your course for continuing education, visit PDH Contractor’s Academy today.

By PDH Contractor

Author: PDH Contractor


License classes construction

Virginia Contractor Pre-License Courses

If you want to do contracting work in the state of Virginia, you'll need a license. And we're not just talking about a driver's license to validate your identification. Instead, the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) requires that you get a license through them. 

That means figuring out what license type you need, completing a specific number of pre-license education course hours, submitting your application, and paying the necessary fees. All told, getting your Virginia contractor license is a bit of work. But don't worry. We built this guide to teach you everything you need to know about getting your Virginia contractor license. 

First off, you're probably wondering if you technically need a license to do your work. 

Do I need a Virginia contractor license?

You should have a DPOR-issued contractor license if you're 'engaged in the construction, removal, repair, or improvement of facilities on property owned by others.' In other words, you don't need a contractor's license to do work on your own house. But if you're working on someone else's property and getting paid $1,000 or more for it, you probably need to go through the DPOR to get your license first.

There are a few exemptions listed in the state code. Go through that list. If none of the exemptions apply to you, get your license to avoid getting hit with a misdemeanor. And make sure you don't repeatedly violate the DPOR's regulation in this area or you could even get stuck with a felony. 

Another important note: the DPOR issues Virginia contractor licenses to businesses, not individuals. Be ready to give the department all of your business info when you apply. And if you haven't established your business yet, you'll want to do so before you apply for your contractor license. 

If you do need a Virginia contractor license, you need to determine which type of license is right for you. 

What are the different license types?

The DPOR issues four different contractor license types:

Class A Contractor License

If you're going to be taking on single projects with a value of $120,000 or more or you'll take on projects valued at $750,000 or more in a single year, you'll need a Class A license. 

You'll also need to name a designated employee who has five or more years of experience. And you'll need to show that your business has a net worth of $45,000. You can do this with a bond if need be. 

Class B Contractor License

If your projects range from $10,000 to $119,999 each or the total value of all of your projects during a 12-month period falls between $150,000 and $749,999, you need a Class B license. 

You'll also need to name a designated employee, but this individual only needs three years of experience. You'll need to show a company net worth of $15,000 but, again, you can use a surety bond. 

Class C Contractor License

If you're working on projects worth more than $1,000 but less than $10,000 and your annual project total is less than $150,000, a Class C license is for you. 

Virginia Tradesmen License

If you specialize in a specific trade 'like plumbing or electrical work' you'll go through the DPOR's tradesman program to get the certification you need to do your work. 

What are license specialties and classifications?

On top of your Class A, B, or C license, you can also have a license classification or specialty designation. You can get any of the following designations with your DPOR license:

  • ASB: Asbestos 
  • ASC: Accessibility services 
  • ASL: Accessibility services with LULA 
  • ELE: Electrical 
  • EEC: Elevator/escalator 
  • GFC: Gasfitting 
  • HVA: HVAC 
  • LAC: Lead abatement 
  • LPG: Liquefied petroleum gas 
  • NGF: Natural gas fitting provider 
  • PLB: Plumbing 
  • SDS: Sewage disposal system 
  • WWP: Water well/pump 

You'll need to be pre-approved and pass an exam to add these classifications or specialties to your license:

  • AES: Alternative energy systems 
  • PAV: Asphalt paving and seal coating 
  • BSC: Billboard/sign 
  • CBC: Commercial building 
  • CIC: Commercial improvement 
  • CEM: Concrete
  • DLR: Drug, lab, remediation  
  • DRY: Drywall 
  • ESC: Electronic/communication service 
  • EMW: Environmental monitoring well 
  • ENV: Environmental specialties 
  • EMC: Equipment/machinery
  • FIC: Farm improvement 
  • FIN Finish carpentry contracting 
  • FAS: Fire alarm systems 
  • FSP: Fire suppression 
  • FLR: Flooring and floor covering contracting 
  • FRM: Framing subcontractor 
  • H/H: Highway/heavy 
  • HIC: Home improvement 
  • IBC: Industrial building contracting 
  • ISC: Landscape irrigation 
  • LSC: Landscape services 
  • MCC: Marine facility 
  • BRK: Masonry 
  • PTC: Painting & wall covering 
  • RBC: Residential building 
  • REF: Refrigeration 
  • RFC: Recreational facility 
  • ROC: Roofing 
  • POL: Swimming pool construction 
  • VCC: Vessel construction 
  • GLZ: Glass and glazing contracting 
  • INS: Insulation and weatherstripping contracting 
  • STL: Steel erection contracting 
  • TMC: Tile, marble, ceramic and terrazzo contracting 
  • UUC Underground utility and excavating contracting

For the following classifications and specialties, you'll need a specific certification:

  • BEC: Blast/explosive 
  • SPR: Fire sprinkler 
  • MHC: Manufactured home contracting 
  • RMC: Radon mitigation

You can also get a miscellaneous contracting (MSC) designation with special approval from the DPOR. 

How do I get a contractors license in Virginia?

The DPOR outlines the ten-step process to get your contractor license in this document. To save you the hassle of going through all five pages of instructions, we'll quickly outline the steps here. 

  1. Establish your business entity.Because VA contractor licenses go to businesses, not individuals, you need to set up a business in order to get your license. This guide can help you explore the different entity types and the steps you'll need to take with each. It walks you through choosing your business name, registering with the Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC), and getting your tax ID numbers, which you'll need for your Virginia contractor license application. 
  2. Register your business. That Business One-Stop page we just listed shows you how to register your business with the SCC. You can do this online with their registration portal. Choose the 'New User' button to get started.
  3. Pick your license type and specialty. Decide whether you need to get a Class A, B, or C license based on the value of projects you anticipate taking on. If you choose to add a specialty, know that you'll need to list a Qualified Individual (QI) for the specialty. That individual 'whether it's yourself or someone else' will need to meet eligibility requirements and may need to pass an exam, depending on the specialty type.  
  4. Name your responsible management. Basically, this is the person or people responsible for the contractor license. Most likely, you'll act as your responsible management. 
  5. Name your qualified individuals.Again, be ready to name the QIs for any specialties or designations on your license. And, just to reiterate, for many license specialties, the QI will need to take and pass an exam. 
  6. Name your designated employee. If you're getting a Class A or Class B license, you need to name a designated employee. This person will need to take and pass the DPOR's contractor exam.
  7. Complete the pre-license education.Someone from your named responsible management or your designated employee (if you're Class A or Class B and have one) needs to take eight hours of DPOR-approved pre-license education. Fortunately, these hours are available on-demand online. It makes sense to have your designated employee (again, assuming you have one) take these hours because the courses can help that individual prepare for the contractor exam. 
  8. Fill out the application. The application is only six pages long, but it's pretty involved. Make sure you pay special attention to the attachments checklist on the last page. If you miss any of those add-ons, the DPOR will request them from you and your approval will have to wait until you get those items in. In addition to the application itself, you might need to attach:
    1. Your Financial Statementor your Surety Bond form (for Class A and Class B licenses only)
    2. An Experience Verification form for your designated employee or for specific license designations/specialties
  9. Send it in with the right fee. More on this in the next section. We'll go into the details because fees vary by license type. 
  10. Wait for approval. The DPOR usually takes about a month to process license applications, but it could take longer. Be patient and be ready to submit any additional information they request. 

What fees will I need to pay to get a Virginia contractor license?

The license fee you owe to the DPOR depends on the type of license you're trying to get. Here's the fee breakdown:

  • Class A: $385
  • Class B:$370
  • Class C: $235

Make your check or money order out to the Treasurer of Virginia. The fees you pay are non-refundable.

Don't assume your fee is a one-and-done thing, either. You'll need to pay for certain things throughout the application process, like any required exams and your pre-license education hours. 

Your contractor license will expire every two years, so make sure you stay on top of your renewal. 

Using this guide, you should be well-informed about the process you'll go through to get a Virginia contractor license. Good luck!

How to fill out the Contractor Application

Alex did not have time to recover, as his wife, already completely naked, pulled off his swimming trunks and carried him into. The water. Herman also stripped naked and joined the swimmers.

Now discussing:

That cruel, sly, mocking look of yours. One of your hands instantly gives me a juicy slap in the face and with a sharp movement drops down, grabbing me between my legs and pressing me to the bed. In your other hand, out of nowhere, a thin, long needle appears. Its tip rests against the left nipple. A second, - rapid pressure and hellish pain, and the needle half its length digs into the nipple that is excited to the.

5762 5763 5764 5765 5766