Wondering how to fix Discord screen share lag? Well, stick by the end of this post to get a handful of proven-to-work methods and helpful tips.
We will make sure to cover everything you should know about how discord screen share works and provide you with ways to decrease or entirely remove any lag.To fix the screen share lag on Discord make sure to terminate any running unnecessary programs. Turn off/on the hardware acceleration in the app’s options and update video card (GPU) drivers. Also, clear Discord cache files and reset the discord voice settings.
Before going into details about how to fix the issue, let’s first take a look at the most common causes for the screen share lag and provide you with some first-hand experience.
Why Does Discord Screen Share Lag?
Before we tell you the most common causes for the issue, you must know that screen share lag could be caused by a weak video card.
Your computer might not be strong enough to broadcast and this is why you would experience lag during your screen share.
Having that aside, here is what users reported that might cause screen share lag in the Discord app.
1. Bad Internet Connection
If the internet connection isnt strong and reliable to support screen share, you might experience constant lagging and bad quality.
2. Hardware Acceleration
Hardware acceleration is supposed to increase the performance of your PC and the Discord app. Enabling or disabling it might help with the screen share problems.
3. Overfilled Discord Memory
If the discord’s cache is full of unnecessary files, you might experience interruptions while screen sharing. Moreover, you might experience general lag when trying to interact with the software.
4. Power Settings
Changing the power settings of your Discord might help with screen share lag and many other possible issues within the app
5. Outdated Discord Firmware
If you haven’t updated Discord in a while and it is falling back with the version, it is possible that you experience constant lag during screen sharing.
6. Discord Voice Settings
Sometimes discord voice settings are well-known to be interfering with your app’s screen shareability. Resetting should be able to resolve the issue.
7. Running Unnecessary Programs
If your computer is weaker, any other running program than Discord might cause your screen share to lag.
8. Too High Resolution
If you’re broadcasting via screen share, but on a higher resolution than you’re supposed to, the stream may lag.
Don’t get discouraged by a large number of possible causes. We got you covered because we’ve found a solution for each of the causes we’ve found so keep reading to reveal them!
How To Fix Discord Screen Share Lag?
Before you start, it is recommended to restart the device you’re using Discord from.
Your screen sharing could be lagging because of a lack of resources. By performing a restart you will relieve the system of many resource-demanding services, at least for a while.Note: For the steps below, we have taken a Personal Computer (PC), with Windows operating system.
Having all that in mind let’s start applying the steps one by one.
Step #1 End Running Programs
Try turning off any unnecessary programs running on the background of your PC.
They can sometimes get your system busy which may result in constant screen share lag while you broadcast in the Discord app.
You can end these programs from the Task Manager, which you access by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE.
Click on Processes and then on CPU Usage to sort them in usage priority. Check whatever is unnecessary, highlight it and click on End Process.
We understand that you cannot know which processes you can end and which you can’t but Windows won’t let you end an essential process anyways.
Just make sure to end any actively running software that was downloaded and installed by you.
Step #2 Update Video Drivers
The next step is to update your video drivers. Enter into the app that your video card supports and go to the Drivers tab.
From there, you should find a button labeled Check for new drivers.
Another way to update your video card (GPU) drivers would be by visiting the manufacturer’s website and using their automated tool to discover drivers.We can guarantee that Nvidia and AMD have such a driver installing tool.
Any foreign developers might not provide such a tool and you might have to do a little research to find out which is the latest driver and how to install it.
Step #3 Turn Hardware Acceleration On/Off
While searching how to fix Discord screen share lag many people discovered the method of toggling on and off the hardware acceleration.
You can achieve this by accessing the options of the Discord app and heading to the Appearance tab.
One of the few sliders within the app should be labeled as Hardware acceleration.
If it is on, disable it, if it is turned off, enable it. The point is to toggle it on and off, so in case the problem is related to this functionality it would reset.
Step #4 Erase Discord Cache Files
Whenever Discord performs an action, regardless of it’s a call, a change to your account, or a message, it all gets recorded in the so-called Cache.
Once the cache is overwhelming, because it builds up over time, it could result in a severe lag.
Luckily there is a way to clear it and here is how:
- Firstly, exit the Discord app.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R button at the same time!
- This key bind should open up the Run Dialog.
- In the run dialog, type %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache
- Then press the enter button on your keyboard.
- On your keyboard once again, hold CTRL and A, to select all files within the folder.
- After all, files are selected, press the Del key on your keyboard.
Re-open Discord and go straight to a call so you can test the video sharing. If the issue was because of a build-up cache it should now be gone!
Step #5 Reset Discord Voice Settings
The step is about resetting the voice settings within your Discord app.
They can sometimes cause interference with your live screen share broadcast, so now you are going to learn how to reset them whenever you are experiencing issues.
Here is how to reset the voice settings easily:
- Open Discord and click on the Settings icon.
- From there, select the Voice and Video tab.
- At the bottom of your screen, there should be a red button, Reset Voice Settings.
- Select the option and click OK on the pop-up window to confirm the action.
This process will take your voice settings to default and kill any possible lag not only with your screen share but with the microphone as well!
Step #6 Alter Power Settings
If you’re still wondering how to fix Discord screen share lag, you can try changing the power settings.
For this step, you would have to access the power plan on your computer and make some configurations to boost the performance of Discord.
The steps below are describing how:
- Press the Windows logo key and type the control panel.
- Open the control panel and under View By click on the Large Icons options.
- Select the power options.
- Click on the high-performance configuration
- Restart your PC and re-open discord to see if the lag has been fixed.
Step #7 Update/Reinstall Discord
If nothing has helped so far, you can try either updating or reinstalling the Discord app.
If you don’t want to bother with reinstalling the whole app, you can check for updates online at the Discord page.
There should be stated the current version of Discord and your current version so you could check the difference.
If you want to reinstall the app, first delete its files from the file directory.
Then, open the Control Panel and delete the Discord app if it is still there. You can download it again from the official Discord online page.
There are many things that could impact the screen sharing feature and even more things that could improve it. Relieving your machine’s workflow can free up resources and improve Discord functionality.
On the other hand, altering some settings might be all you need but re-installing Discord, remains the most effective method of all.
Read Next: Why Does My Discord Mic Stops Working?
Now that you know how to fix Discord lag, you should be fully capable of getting your broadcast to run smoothly again.
Even if you are troubled at some point, you can always consult with Discord’s support team for another round of troubleshooting!
A tech expert and has huge industry experience. His expertise in solving Tech issues is well appreciated.
Latest posts by Nicole B (see all)
How to Fix Discord Lagging Issues on Windows 10 Easily ( Tips)
Check out the % working ways to fix all kinds of Discord lagging issues on your Windows 10, 8, 7 PC permanently.
Games are fun with friends. What makes games more enjoyable is audio-video sharing and chatting with friends through Discord. However, many users are facing Discord stream stuttering issues, making the game not so entertaining.
Are you also one of those users who are facing Discord streaming lagging issues? Well, then you can cheer up as this post introduces you to the best solutions to this problem.
Before jumping into troubleshooting, let’s look at what is making Discord lag while playing games. Understanding the reasons for a problem leads to better solutions.
Most Recommended Method to Fix Discord Lagging Issues
If the Discord stream is lagging for viewers on your Windows PC, then the most common reason behind this is outdated drivers. Before going over other solutions to fix the issue, we recommend that your download the Bit Driver Updater and use the software to update all the outdated drives. After you update the drivers, all the other hidden problems will also be resolved. Download the Bit Driver Updater from here and fix all the flawed drivers.
Common Discord Lagging Issues Faced by Users
You may face different kinds of Discord lagging issues on Windows. The fixes provided below work to get rid of all of these issues. The most common issues you may come across are:
- Discord running slow
- Discord stream lagging
- Discord stream choppy
- Discord voice lag
- Discord stream stuttering
- Discord screen keeps cutting out
- Discord audio sound lagging
- Discord music bot not working or lagging
- Video calls keep lagging on Discord
- Discord live streaming buffering
- Discord lagging while playing games
- Discord mic lagging problem
Why do you face Discord lagging issues when streaming or gaming?
The most common reason behind the Discord lagging and choppy issues is friction between Discord and other programs. Sometimes, Discord may not work properly because some other program is affecting its performance.
Other reasons behind Discord stream lagging include Hardware Acceleration issues, Outdated graphics or audio driver, Accumulation of cache files, Unsuitable power settings, Incorrect Discord voice settings, Corrupted Discord files, etc.
Now that you know why Discord is running slow or choppy, let’s fix this issue permanently.
Easy and % Working Fixes for Discord Lagging Issues
Below is what you can do to fix the Discord stream lag. We suggest you follow the sequence of fixes till you reach the solution that solves the problem.
Fix 1: End unnecessary processes:
If too many programs or processes are running on your computer, you may find yourself stuck with Discord lagging issues. The reason is conflicts between these programs and Discord. Therefore, to solve this problem, take the below steps to end the unneeded processes.
Note: Before proceeding further, be careful that you do not close any program that you do not know about as it can cause system crashes. Only end those tasks that you completely know about.
- Right-click on your taskbar and choose Task Manager from the context menu.
- On the Processes tab, go through the CPU and memory consumption and find the processes utilizing the most resources.
- Right-click on the resource-hogging process and choose End task from the context menu. Alternatively, you can select the process and click on the End task button present in the bottom right corner.
Now, check whether Discord ping spikes are fixed or not.
Fix 2: Check Whether the Discord Server is Down or Not
Sometimes, the server of Discord may be down. This can result in you facing discord lagging and choppy issues on your PC. Hence if none of the above methods fix the error, then you should check to see if the Discord server is down. You can easily check the server status of Discord through Google or other trusted platforms.
If you still have any queries related to Discord lagging issues, then you should head over to the next section for frequently asked questions related to the topic.
Fix 3: Disable Hardware Acceleration:
If the hardware like the graphics of your computer is not in shipshape, then turning on Hardware Acceleration can cause various issues, such as Discord stream lagging and stuttering. To fix this problem, you need to turn off Hardware Acceleration by following these steps.
- Launch Discord and select Settings from the bottom left corner.
- Select Appearance from the Settings menu.
- Turn off the Hardware Acceleration toggle if it is turned on.
- Lastly, select OK to complete the process.
Fix 4: Update graphics and audio driver:
Outdated graphics and the audio driver is among the top causes behind Discord video and voice chat lagging. Therefore, you must ensure that they are up to date at all times. You have two options to update the driver for your graphics card and audio device, one is manual, and the other is an easier automatic way. Let’s talk about both of them.
Manual way to update graphics and audio driver
Below is how you can update the graphics and audio driver manually with the help of the Device Manager.
- On the keyboard, hit the Windows and X keys in unison.
- From the on-screen menu, select Device Manager.
- Now, click on Sound, video, and game controllers to update the audio driver.
- To update the graphics driver, click on the Display adapters section.
- Right-click on your audio device or graphics card and choose Update driver from the on-screen menu.
- Choose the first available option, i.e., Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now, have patience and wait for a couple of hours till Windows detects, downloads, and installs appropriate drivers on your device.
Automatic way to update graphics and audio driver (Recommended)
If you don’t have the patience or technical skills required to update the driver manually, then we have a simple solution. You can leave all your worries to the best driver updater in the town.
Programs such as Bit Driver Updater perform all the work automatically without you having to make any tiring effort. This can help you fix Discord stream lagging for viewers’ issues right away.
Moreover, this software also provides many benefits like an option to create and restore driver backups, creating a system restore point, increasing the driver download speed, and more. You can learn more about Bit Driver Updater.
Below is how to update the graphics and audio driver automatically with Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the link given below to get Bit Driver Updater’s setup.
- Click on the setup you downloaded and install the software.
- Let the Bit Driver Updater scan your computer for a few seconds.
- After the scan, click on the Update Now buttons present next to the audio driver and graphics driver to update them.
If you want to save time and improve your PC’s performance as well, then get the latest version of all drivers in one go by selecting the Update All option.
Fix 5: Delete the accumulated cache files:
When accumulated, cache and cookies impact Discord negatively, making it laggy, screen share server, and other lags. Therefore, to fix this and the Discord lagging problems, delete the accumulated cache by implementing these steps.
- Move out of Discord.
- Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard to make the Run box active.
- In the Run box, key in %AppData%/Discord/Cache, and hit Enter.
- Use the combination of Ctrl and A key to select all the files.
- Hit the Del key to remove all the files you selected in the previous step.
- Launch Discord and check whether the Discord server still lags or not.
Fix 6: Modify the power settings:
If you have set the power plan to Balanced, then in an attempt to save energy, your PC becomes slow causing Discord lagging issues. To fix these problems, you need to change the power plan to High performance. Here is how to do it.
- In the search bar, type Control Panel, and select it.
- Change View by to Large icons and then choose Power Options.
- Choose High performance.
- Start Discord again and check whether it is still lagging while streaming or the problem is fixed.
Fix 7: Change Discord voice settings:
Inappropriate voice settings may be a reason why voice chat is lagging on Discord. Therefore, follow the below steps to make changes in the voice settings.
- Open Discord Settings.
- Select Voice & Video from the available options.
- Click Reset Voice Settings.
- Click Okay to complete the process.
Fix 8: Ensure Discord is updated:
Issues like voice delay, video, and sound lags may occur because your Discord version is outdated. Therefore, update Discord to get rid of these problems by following the steps below.
- Launch the Run box.
- Type %localappdata% and hit Enter.
- Double-click on Discord.
- Double-click on Update.exe and let the update complete.
- Open Discord and check whether the problem is solved or you are still facing lagging issues.
Fix 9: Modify the CPU Usage Credentials
If none of the above-listed methods work to fix Discord lagging and stuttering issues then you can try modifying the CPU usage credentials. By fixing the range, you can provide power to the app easily. Here’s how you can do that:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys and right-click on Discord in the Task Manager.
- From the drop-down menu, select Go to details.
- Right-click on the selected program that appears and clicks on Set affinity.
- Check all the CPU boxes to improve the performance of the app.
This method will help you fix if the Discord running slow on your PC.
Fix Install Discord again:
If your Discord files are corrupt, reinstalling the program can fix the problem. Below is the way to do it.
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose the Uninstall a program option.
- Right-click on Discord and select Uninstall from the context menu.
- After completing the uninstallation, install Discord from the official website.
Fix Take the Help of Some VPN App:
All of the countries do not have servers for Discord. If you are using the app in such a country, you may face Discord stream lagging issues. It is also possible that the server in your country is being hogged up by numerous users.
The perfect solution to save yourself from such situations is to use a VPN (Virtual private networking) app. These apps allow you to connect to a server of your choice of the desired country.
The best VPN apps like TunnelBearVPN, Hola VPN, SurfShark VPN, and NordVPN are quite effective and safe to use. Here are the steps to use any VPN to run Discord:
- Download and Install the VPN tool of your choice.
- Launch the app.
- Select the location/country you wish to connect to.
- Click on Connect.
- Minimize the VPN tool’s window.
- Launch Discord
Now you can enjoy uninterrupted chatting and other services with the help of a VPN on Discord.
Frequently Asked Questions for Discord Stream Lagging Issues
We hope that these FAQs will help you find the perfect answer to your queries related to the Discord stream lagging permanently.
Q 1. Does Discord Have Minimum System Requirements?
Yes, Discord has some minimum requirements that your system should meet to run the program without Discord lagging errors. Here they are:
- OS- Windows 7, 8, or 10
- RAM- 2 GB or up
- Graphics- 64 MB or up
- Hard Disk Space- MB
- Processor Speed- 2GHz or up
Q 2. What to do if Discord is lagging even if the internet is working fine?
Below is how to fix Discord lagging issues in such a case.
- Move closer to the router.
- Ensure that you have not connected multiple devices.
- Stop ongoing downloads and updates.
Q 3. How do I fix Discord screen share lag?
To fix the screen share issues, follow these steps.
- Launch Discord Settings.
- Choose Voice & Video.
- Find and click on Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority.
- Close Discord and open it again.
Q 4. How do I improve Discord stream quality?
You can try the fixes mentioned above to prevent Discord stream lagging issues and get the best streaming quality.
Q 5. Does Discord Slow Down Games?
As Discord is a separate and lightweight program built for chatting and connection, it does not affect or slow down the games. If you face the Discord lagging issue, then the reason might be your low-end PC.
Q 6. Why is my ping so high in Discord?
Internet connection issues, program conflicts, server problems, etc. can increase the ping of your Discord program.
Q 7. How to find discord servers?
The process to find the servers on Discord is very easy. Just follow these steps and connect to any server:
- Launch Discord and click on the Compass icon (Explore Public Servers) from the menu.
- Go through the list of communities and select the one you like the most.
- Click on Join the community button on the top of the window.
- If you know a server, in particular, you can take the help of the search baror category as well.
Q 8. Can I Choose My Discord Server’s Location?
Yes, you can choose and select the server location on Discord very easily. Just follow these steps precisely to do so:
- Open Discord and click on your profile button to select Server Settings
- From the Server Region, click on Change
- In the next window, select the server region you like.
Q 9. Does The Quality Of Discord Calls Also Depend On Server Location?
Yes, as you may already know Discord does not provide calling between you and the receiver directly, thus the server affects the quality of the call. Similarly, the server can also affect the program and result in Discord lagging issues.
Discord lagging issues fixed successfully
Through this article, we elucidated how to fix the Discord lagging issues effortlessly. Since outdated drivers cause most of such issues, we recommend you perform a driver update with Bit Driver Updater to solve this and other problems. And for more solutions to irritating tech issues, keep visiting Innovana Blog.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
[Solved] Discord Lagging Issues | Tips
If youre looking for a solution to fix Discord lagging issues, youve come to the right place! After reading this article, youll know exactly how to fix it.
9 simple fixes to try:
You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- End unnecessary programs
- Turn off/on hardware acceleration
- Update your drivers
- Clear Discord cache files
- Change the power settings
- Reset Discord Voice Settings
- Update Discord
- Reinstall Discord
- Use a VPN
Fix 1: End unnecessary programs
One of the most common causes of the Discord lagging issue is the software conflict. If youre running multiple programs on your PC, chances are that one of your programs conflicts with Discord and causes the issue for you.
Its recommended that you turn off unnecessary processes while running Discord. Here is how to do it:
If you’re on Windows 7…
1) Right-click your taskbar and select Start Task Manager.
2) Click the Processes tab. Then, check your current CPU and memory usage to see what processes are consuming your resources most.
3) Right-click the resource-consuming process and select End Process Tree.
Don’t end any program that you’re not familiar with. It may be critical for the functioning of your computer.
Try relaunching your game to see if this has resolved your issue. If this didn’t help, try Fix2.
If you’re on Windows 8 or 10…
1) Right-click your taskbar and select Task Manager.
2) Check your current CPU and memory usage to see what processes are consuming your resources most.
3) Right-click the resource-consuming process and select End task.
Don’t end any program that you’re not familiar with. It may be critical for the functioning of your computer.
Relaunch Discord to see if it works properly now. If not, read on and check the next fix.
Fix 2: Turn off/on hardware acceleration
Ordinarily, when you run an application, it uses the standard CPU on your computer. If you run a heavy task, such as sharing your screen or streaming games from Discord, your app will use other hardware components on your PC to work more effectively.
If you have good hardware, enabling Hardware Acceleration will result in better performance of your application; however, if your hardware is weak, this feature may cause problems for you.
To see if this is the core issue, try turning on Hardware Acceleration on Discord if it’s off, or vice versa. Here is how to do it:
1) Run Discord, then click the Settings icon.
2) Click Advanced, if Hardware Acceleration is on, turn it off, or vice versa.
3) Reopen Discord to see if this has resolved your issue.
If your problem still exists, dont worry. There are still 7 fixes to try.
Fix 3: Update your drivers
In most cases, video or audio lagging issues occur when youre using the faulty graphics driver or audio driver. It’s essential that you have the latest correct driver for your hardware devices at all times.
You can update your device drivers manually if you’re happy to do them one at a time. But this takes quite a while. Or you can update them all with just a couple of clicks with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the driver you need to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
The Pro version of Driver Easy comes with full technical support.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at [email protected]
4) Restart Discord to see if it runs properly now.
If your issue persists, then move on to the next fix below.
Fix 4: Clear Discord cache files
Having too many cache files and cookies accumulated on your PC can also make Discord laggy. To see if thats the problem for you, try clearing Discord cache files. Here is how:
1) Exit Discord.
2) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog.
3) Type %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and press Enter on your keyboard.
4) On your keyboard, press the Ctrl key and A to highlight all the files.
4) Press the Del key on your keyboard to delete all selected files.
5) Relaunch Discord to check if this helped.
If your issue still exists, move on to the fix, below.
Fix 5: Change the power settings
The power plan on all computers is set to Balanced by default to save more energy, so your computer sometimes will slow down to save energy. This might be the reason why Discord starts lagging. Follow the instructions below to see how to fix it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type control. Then, click Control panel.
2) Under View by, click Large icons.
3) Select Power Options.
4) Select High Performance.
5) Restart your computer and Discord to test your problem.
Discord should be able to run smoothly with lags. If not, try the fix, below.
Fix 6: Reset Discord Voice Settings
Improper voice settings can also cause Discord to fail. If youve recently changed any settings in Discord, try resetting it to default. Follow the instructions below:
1) Run Discord, and then click the Settings icon.
2) Click Voice & Video, then Reset Voice Settings.
3) Click Okay.
4) Try sharing your screen again to test your issue.
Hope the lagging issue has been fixed. If not, move on and check the fix, below.
Fix 7: Update Discord
Although an outdated version is unlike the reason why your Discord lags randomly, you should still rule out the possibility. Here is how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog
2) Type %localappdata% and click OK.
3) Double-click Discord.
4) Double click Update.exe and wait for the update process to be complete.
After the update, relaunch Discord to test your issue. If Discord still lags, then go ahead with the next fix.
Fix 8: Reinstall Discord
If none of the fixes above worked for you, your problem might be caused by corrupted or damaged Discord files. In this case, reinstalling Discord is very likely the solution to your issue. Follow the instructions below:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Then, type control and click Control Panel.
2) Under View by, click Category, and then select Uninstall a program.
3) Right-click Discord and click Uninstall.
4) Download and install Discord.
Fix 9: Use a VPN
Streaming can take up a lot of bandwidth. To prevent network congestion, your internet service provider (ISP) may limit your connection speed to balance all connections – and tools like VPNs (also known as Virtual Private Networks) can help you bypass it easily!
VPN is a tool that encrypts your data so you can keep your internet activity hidden from your ISP. It allows you to bypass network throttling and censorship blocks, so you can better access the streaming service and avoid common streaming issues like slow loading, frozen or buffering videos.
If youre not sure which VPN to choose, we recommend NordVPN, which is one of the most powerful and reliable VPNs you can find; but if you’re looking to save money, you may want to try Surfshark, which only costs less than $ a month.
We’ll use NordVPN for this tutorial but you can use other VPN as well. Follow the steps below to see how to use it on your Windows device:
1) Download NordVPN and install it on your device.
2) Log into your account. If you dont have an account, follow the on-screen instructions to create one.
3) Click the Quick Connect, then the app will automatically choose a server that suits you best.
4) Open Discord to see if the issue still exists.
Hopefully, one of the fixes above helped in resolving your problem. Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions and suggestions.
people found this helpful
6 Solutions to Discord Lagging Issue on Windows 10 [Partition Magic]
Have you encountered Discord lagging while playing games and communicating with your companions? In this post, MiniTool Software provides you with 6 solutions to solving Discord gets lagging. Try them one by one.
Discord is a free voice and text chat tool for gamers. It enables users to share audio, video and text with their friends while playing games. However, many users have encountered Discord lagging issue. Here is an example:
I have a problem. About two days ago Discord started to lag pretty hard. Games run fine, but the app itself lags. I hear everyone clearly but when I scroll through or do anything there's like 20 FPS. Anyone know what to do?www.reddit.com
Its’ really annoying if your Discord gets lagging. Here are some solutions which may be helpful.
How to Fix Discord Installation Has Failed Easily
Are you facing “Discord installation has failed” error when you try to install Discord on your computer? Here are some solutions to this problem.
Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs
It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.
You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if your Discord works fine.
Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.
Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.
Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.
Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.
Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files
If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.
Step 1: Exit Discord.
Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.
Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.
Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.
9 Solutions to File Explorer Not Responding Windows 10
Have you ever come across file explorer not responding Windows 10 issue when trying to use file explorer? If you do, try the following top 9 ways now to fix it!
Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings
Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.
Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.
Solution 5: Update Your Drivers
If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.
Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.
Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.
Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.
Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.
Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.
Solution 6: Reinstall Discord
If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.
Step 1: Go to Control Panel.
Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.
Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.
Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.
Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.
How to Uninstall Programs on Windows 10? Here Are Methods
Uninstalling unnecessary programs or apps is one of the most common and important tasks that all computer users need to do. Here is a guide to remove them.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Sherry has been a staff editor of MiniTool for a year. She has received rigorous training about computer and digital data in company. Her articles focus on solutions to various problems that many Windows users might encounter and she is excellent at disk partitioning.
She has a wide range of hobbies, including listening to music, playing video games, roller skating, reading, and so on. By the way, she is patient and serious.
Laggy discord screen share
Are you also facing lag issues while sharing your screen on Discord? If yes, then continue reading this article to know more about this issue and learn how you can fix it. The Instant messaging and Digital Distribution Platform, Discord is one of the best platforms for creating or joining communities.
When you join or create a certain community called Servers, there are many features available to connect to other members like Screen Sharing. However, many players are facing lagging issues while using this feature. So. here is everything you need to know about fixing this issue.
Fix: Discord Screen Share Lag
The Lag while screen sharing can also be experienced while you are streaming a video at Discord. This lag is usually experienced when Discord tries to deliver high-quality video. We will be changing some settings so that video quality is not the priority. So, follow the steps mentioned below to fix the Screen Share Lag.
- Open Discord
- Go to User Settings from the bottom left corner.
- Select Voice and Video Settings.
- Under Voice and Video Settings, scroll down until you reach the option saying Enable Quality of Services High Packet Priority.
- Disable this option. At this step, you will be removing the high video quality priority.
- You will notice that the Lag that was occurring due to high video quality priority is eliminated. After applying these settings, delivering high-quality video will no longer be a priority.
After completing the above process, restart Discord and use the feature of Screen Sharing freely. So, this was all about fixing Screen Share Lag on Discord. If you found this article helpful, share it with your friends to help them reduce Screen Share Lag.
Read More about Discord:
Why is discord screen share laggy?
Why is discord screen share laggy?
One of the most common causes of the Discord lagging issue is the software conflict. If youre running multiple programs on your PC, chances are that one of your programs conflicts with Discord and causes the issue for you. Its recommended that you turn off unnecessary processes while running Discord.
Does discord support screen share?
The screen sharing feature on Discord was released back in August, It allows users on your Discord server to view and engage with your screen. You and 9 coworkers can simultaneously conduct a live video chat and share your desktop screens.
Why is Skype screen share laggy?
If you or the person you are talking to experience lag, make sure you both have the latest version of Skype installed. You should both close any other programs that access the Internet, play music or video, and cancel any active file downloads. Antivirus software may also interfere with Skype.
Why is screen sharing not working on Zoom?
In the navigation menu, click Settings. In the In Meeting (Basic) section, make sure Show Zoom windows during screen share is enabled. Click the Share Screen tab and make sure Show Zoom windows during screen share is enabled.
How can you share your screen on Skype?
How to share your screen on Skype for PC and Mac
- Open Skype and start a call with the person you want to share screens with.
- Press the Share Screen button at the bottom right — it looks like two overlapping rectangles.
- Skype will ask you if you want to share your computers audio or not.
Can Skype share screen and audio?
Which mobile and tablet devices support screen sharing in Skype? Screen sharing is supported on Android and above. For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with iOS 12 and above, this is supported on iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, iPad mini , iPod Touch 7th generation, and newer devices.
How do you share your screen?
How to share one computer window
- Click the arrow to expand the broadcast button.
- Select share window
- Youll see an outline will appear around each window as you hover over them.
- Select the window you want to share by clicking on it.
How can I get my computer to play sound through Skype?
Find and click the gear icon from the Skype window. Go to Tools > Audio Device Settings or Video Device Settings. From the Audio Device settings, you can select the microphone or speaker you want to use.
Can you screen share on Skype mobile?
Screen sharing on mobile is available on the latest version of Skype on Android and iOS devices running iOS 12 and up. To learn more about screen sharing, and our new mobile redesign, read our support article.
Can you screen share on free Skype?
Skype is one of the best free internet calling apps there is. One of the most useful features of Skype is the ability to share your screen on the app. All it takes is a click of a button, and you can invite multiple family members and friends to the conversation.
Can we share screen on mobile?
Go to the screen that you want to share such as a specific app or the devices home screen. Swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the devices notification center and tap Start Sharing.
How do I mirror my iPhone to my LG TV?
To cast iPhone to LG TV, go to your iPhones Control Center. Then, tap Screen Mirroring. Select the TVs name once it has been detected. Your iPhone will then be mirrored to your TV thereafter.
Can someone screen mirror my iPhone?
Share your screen on older iOS devices. Share your screen on pre-iOS 11 devices by mirroring your display to your PC. Mirror your iOS device to your PC using either: Any PC AirPlay with a third-party receiver.
Is screen mirroring the same as casting?
Screen casting differs from screen mirroring in two ways. When youre casting to another display, youre not mirroring the screen of your device. You can cast a video to another display and still use your device, often a phone or tablet, without interrupting the video or showing any of your other content.
Does screen mirroring have history?
Answer: A: Answer: A: No history on the AppleTV. The video comes from the iPhone to AppleTV AppleTV does not go to the URL to play the video, the phone does and relays it.
How do I improve AirPlay?
AirPlay Tips That Often Dont Work
- Get close to the router to improve the Wi-Fi signal,
- Connect the Apple TV directly to your router via an Ethernet cable,
- Turn off Bluetooth to reduce the chance of interference,
- Try using a dual- or tri-band router that supports and 5 GHz channels for better wireless performance,
Why is AirPlay quality so bad?
More likely though if your airplay image is degraded, it is because you are mirroring and your local network has problems. The problem is with mirroring my MacBook Pro to the 4K TV via AirPlay. I doubt that the new MacBook Pro Retina display is considerably lower resolution than the TV.
You will also like:
- Segway s plus charger
- Chopsticks piano notes
- 7mm moissanite to carat
- Student clip art
- Minecraft realms plus
- 20 ga empty hulls
- Kohls hours today
The doctor put her on his knees and grunted - at the bottom of the bowl a shepherd boy was drawn, spying on a shepherdess who sat. Down in the bushes because of little need. Marie.