|1||Cardini Leather USA -IWB Ultra Soft Leather Holster for SW Bodyguard 38 Special, MP , Taurus 85 and Other Snub Nose Revolvers Inside The Waistband with Clip (Black, Right Hand (Inside the Waistband))|
|GET ON AMAZON|
|2||Cardini Leather OWB Leather Holster for SW J Frame, for Ruger LCR and SP, and Other 38 Special Snub Nose Revolver up to Barrel Black Right Hand|
|GET ON AMAZON|
|3||Kosibate IWB Leather Holster, Fits Most J Frame Revolvers Ruger SP LCR / Smith and Wesson Bodyguard / Taurus 50 85 / Charter Arms Most Special Type Holsters|
|GET ON AMAZON|
|4||IWB TUCKABLE Revolver Holster by Houston ECO Leather Concealed Carry Soft Material | Suede Interior for Protection | Fits Any 38 J Frames, SW, Charter Arms, Rossi 38, Taurus,BG,LCR (Right)|
Houston Gun Holsters
|GET ON AMAZON|
|5||Fobus Concealed Carry Paddle Holster SW J Frame Cal Revolver Handgun Pistol Pouch|
Fobus Gun Tactical Holsters
|GET ON AMAZON|
|6||Ultimate Ankle Holster for Concealed Carry by ComfortTac | Fits Glock 42, 43, 36, 26, Smith and Wesson Bodyguard , , Ruger LCP, LC9, Sig Sauer, and Similar Guns (17 Band Fits Up to 15 Leg)|
|GET ON AMAZON|
|7||Relentless Tactical The Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster Made in USA Right Handed Fits Most J Frame Revolvers Ruger LCR Smith Wesson Body Guard Taurus Most Special Type Guns|
|GET ON AMAZON|
|8||Vacod Universal Gun Holster for Concealed Carry Inside or Outside The Waistband Pistols Holsters for Right and Left Hand Draw Holster for Men/Women Fits Subcompact and Compact Handguns,Black (1)|
|GET ON AMAZON|
|9||Sticky Holsters MD-5 Medium|
Gun Accessory Supply
|GET ON AMAZON|
|10|| GunLeather J Frame Premium Leather IWB CCW Holster Soft Comfortable Right Handed Leather Gun Holster Fits All J Frame Revolvers Models SW, Ruger LCR and SP Max Barrel = (SCH-2)|
|GET ON AMAZON|
Cardini Leather USA -IWB Ultra Soft Leather Holster for SW Bodyguard 38 Special, MP , Taurus 85 and Other Snub Nose Revolvers Inside The Waistband with Clip (Black, Right Hand (Inside the Waistband))
- USE: When wearing as concealed carry, order your regular hand-hold, when wearing this holster outside the waistband, order the opposite handed option. Can be worn hip, back or appendix carry options. Built for easy effective concealment and quick reliable access; Sturdy dependable and form-fitted; Designed to mount at an ideal angle for proper firing grip; Great gift idea for him/her for Christmas, birthday, Father’s or Mother’s Day, or any occasion
- MATERIAL: Premium cowhide leather in a variety of color options; Holster may be tight initially but with brief use, it will relax and maintain a secure fit; Ultra smooth leather interior to protect your firearm from scratches; This IWB gun holster will bend when you bend to reduce discomfort from pressure against your hip; Double-stitched reinforcement for strength and durability; Strong tempered steel spring clip; Minimal imprint
- DIMENSIONS FIT: Leather will relax with use and will hold firearm securely; A raised back sweat shield that insulates firearm from body; Unique two-piece construction is contoured to mold the curve of your body for a more natural fit and maximum all day comfort; Narrower profile than other conceal holsters
- WARRANTY INFO: % Satisfaction guarantee with a limited lifetime warranty for any manufacturer defects; Happy lifetime customers are our business
- PLACE OF ORIGIN: Hand-made with individual craftsmanship by seasoned leather and holster experts by our Colombian partners
Cardini Leather OWB Leather Holster for SW J Frame, for Ruger LCR and SP, and Other 38 Special Snub Nose Revolver up to Barrel Black Right Hand
- % HANDMADE: Handmade by master craftsman in Bogota, Colombia using the finest genuine leathers.
- FITS MOST J FRAME STYLE REVOLVER Charter Arms, Ruger LCR, Ruger SP, Smith and Wesson / / MP / Bodyguard Revolver, Taurus Model 50, Taurus Model 85 Most Special Snub Nose Revolvers.
- Convenient: Cardini Leathers OWB CCW Holster is designed for a quick draw while using soft leather to protect your firearm, so that it can also protect you.
- This holster is designed to fit your 1 3/4 inch leather gun belt.
- WARRANTY INFO: % Satisfaction guarantee with a limited lifetime warranty for any manufacturer defects; Happy lifetime customers are our business
Kosibate IWB Leather Holster, Fits Most J Frame Revolvers Ruger SP LCR / Smith and Wesson Bodyguard / Taurus 50 85 / Charter Arms Most Special Type Holsters
- 【MATERIALS】High quality j-frame revolver holster is made of genuine Suede leather, slim and light, very sturdy and will hold up for many years.
- 【STURDY CLIP】The metal clip durable and has lasted well，Its easy to place the holster on and off your belt, and holds the IWB leather holster firmly in position.
- 【COMFORTABLE CONCEALMENT】It fully conceals the trigger as well, and you can draw and re-holster your weapon quickly.You can be worn inside the waistband IWB cross draw appendix, behind hip, small of back.
- 【UNIVERSAL FIT】 FITS MOST J FRAME STYLE REVOLVER HANDGUNS Charter Arms, Rock Island, Ruger LCR, Ruger SP, Smith and Wesson / / MP / Bodyguard Revolver, Taurus Model 50, Taurus Model 85 Most Special Snub Nose Revolvers.
- 【GUARANTEE】 Kosibate offers life time warranty on our IWB leather holster, guarantee with % satisfaction service.
IWB TUCKABLE Revolver Holster by Houston ECO Leather Concealed Carry Soft Material | Suede Interior for Protection | Fits Any 38 J Frames, SW, Charter Arms, Rossi 38, Taurus,BG,LCR (Right)
- Strong Metal Clip for Maximum Retention
- Safe, Easy and Comfortable to Use as Concealment.
- Triple Stitched for Strength and Durability
- Fits: Any 38 J Frames ( Barrel or Less) | SW Revolvers ( Barrel or Less) | Rossi 38 | Taurus 84,85, Rug LCR, MP BodyGuard 38 ( Barrel or Less)
- Inside the waistband (IWB) holsters, can be clipped or mounted to a belt and allow to securely holster the weapon inside the pants. TUCKABLE Gun Holster by Houston *** This is a RIGHT HAND PRODUCT ***
- A Tuckable Holster is a holster designed to be worn inside the waistband of your pants. The clip that fastens the holster to the belt allows a shirt to be tucked over the pistol and between the attaching clip and the holster. This allows the gun and holster, except for the belt clip, to be covered by a tucked-in shirt.
Fobus Concealed Carry Paddle Holster SW J Frame Cal Revolver Handgun Pistol Pouch
- This model does not fit shrouded barrels models
Ultimate Ankle Holster for Concealed Carry by ComfortTac | Fits Glock 42, 43, 36, 26, Smith and Wesson Bodyguard , , Ruger LCP, LC9, Sig Sauer, and Similar Guns (17 Band Fits Up to 15 Leg)
- EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE We use a neoprene band that is comfortable even when worn against your skin unlike elastic bands. A foam pad behind the gun protects your ankle from pressure points. Compatible with most duty guns including G30S G19 G26 G27 G42 and G
- COMPATIBLE WITH A WIDE RANGE OF GUNS Our elastic holster is compatible with a wide range of guns from micro pistols to subcompact, compact, and revolvers. Will be compatible with any gun with an overall length under including LR, , 9mm, SW, ACP, 10mm, SPL, and
- FAST SILENT DRAW The retention strap features a metal snap for a fast and quiet draw in any situation. No Velcro to give away your position. Perfect piece of gear for police, military, or civilians.
- FLEXIBLE FIT We offer two sizes, a 15 band that will fit up to a 13 leg and a 17 band that will fit up to a 15 leg. If you plan to carry over your boots be sure to get the 17 band. See images for measuring tips. Compatible with Springfield XD XDS Kimber Solo Ultra Sig Sauer P P P MP Shield and more.
Relentless Tactical The Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster Made in USA Right Handed Fits Most J Frame Revolvers Ruger LCR Smith Wesson Body Guard Taurus Most Special Type Guns
- HANDMADE BY AMERICAN CRAFTSMEN, FROM GENUINE USA SUEDE LEATHER! American made with American Pride, No synthetic materials or cheap, mass-market production
- FITS MOST J FRAME STYLE REVOLVER HANDGUNS Charter Arms, Rock Island, Ruger LCR, Ruger SP, Smith and Wesson / / MP / Bodyguard Revolver, Taurus Model 50, Taurus Model 85 Most Special Snub Nose Revolvers.
- BACKED BY RELENTLESS TACTICAL’S LIFETIME WARRANTY Carry with confidence, for the rest of your life.
- SAY NO TO CHEAP NYLON HOLSTERS! Why settle for inferior nylon or imitation leather when you can have a Genuine, Made in the USA suede leather holster with our complete Lifetime Warranty?
- DESIGNED FOR OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE AND MAXIMUM COMFORT! Sturdy, dependable, and form-fitted for easy, effective concealment and quick, reliable access
Vacod Universal Gun Holster for Concealed Carry Inside or Outside The Waistband Pistols Holsters for Right and Left Hand Draw Holster for Men/Women Fits Subcompact and Compact Handguns,Black (1)
- 【Gun Holster With Premium Matrial】 The concealed holster is made of durable and sturdy D nylon. The holster for men/women features resistant hardware buttons and TPU elastic cord. The metal clip fits up to 2 inch wide belt.
- 【Please Cut the Thread to Fit in Various Types】The concealed carry pistol holster fits Glock(36, 39, 43X MOS), Ruger EC9s and LC9s, Taurus(G2c, G2s, G3), Walther(PPK/s, PPS, PPQ 22), Springfield(XD-9, XD), Sig Sauer(P, P), SCCY(CPX-1, 2) and Similar one.
- 【Right Hand and Left Hand Use】 The gun holster is made for right and left hand. There is a place for the clip on either side. You could wear it according to personal habits.
- 【Flexible Carry Concealed Options】The Vacod universal holsters is versatile and has different carry options, inside the waistband, outside the waistband, on hip, behind hip, cross draw, ect.
- 【Please Note】The Following Model May Not Fit in This Holster: Beretta 9mm, Bull Pup 9mm, Browning Buckmark, CCP8b2, FN57, Glock19,23,26,33, HK P30, MP Shield 9mm, SW 9mm, SW MP sheild EZ, Taurus 9mm, Taurus Pt g2, Walther PK, 9mm FN
- 【Attention】Gun attachments like laser sight and flashlight are not recommeded to use with our holster.
Sticky Holsters MD-5 Medium
- Suitable for J-Frame and similar Revolvers to 2. 25 inch barrel
- Holster is Formed by pressure and body heat from Normal Use
- Closed-foam interior keeps lint and dust out
- Sticky outer material eliminates the need for belt loops or clips
GunLeather J Frame Premium Leather IWB CCW Holster Soft Comfortable Right Handed Leather Gun Holster Fits All J Frame Revolvers Models SW, Ruger LCR and SP Max Barrel = (SCH-2)
- FITS All J Frame Revolvers including Smith Wesson, Ruger LCL, Ruger SP with up to inch barrel length
- COMFORT QUALITY: Dont settle for cheap leather. This PREMIUM leather holster is the MOST comfortable holster available and requires no break-in period. The smooth concealment holster is soft and durable out of the box. The ultimate right handed IWB CCW gun holster features % American Steerhide Leather that is reinforced and double stitched providing a comfortable, durable, lightweight safe leather gun holster you can carry all day
- CONCEALMENT CONVENIENCE: s smooth leather gun holsters are designed for concealment and convenience. Our easy to conceal leather holster has a quick draw design making it the perfect inside the waistband holster for your everyday carry.
- PROTECTION CRAFTSMANSHIP: Made with all American steel clips and a smooth suede interior Gunleathers smooth concealment holster is hand crafted to protect both you and your firearm at all times.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: All products are backed by our lifetime warranty. We produce the finest leather gun holsters used by law enforcement, sportsmen, veterans and patriots around the world. We guarantee % satisfaction and offer no-hassle returns.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
waterproof swim cap for kids
Darcy WestonSours: https://huntingcolumn.com/best-leather-ankle-holster-for-sw-bodyguardspecial/
Holsters for Snubbies
Snubby Revolver Advantages
Bobby Mac is a recognized specialist in snubnose revolver holsters. This pancake type offers a good balance of speed and retention.
When I first became a peace officer more than 30 years ago, most of us carried a J-frame as a backup on duty and off duty. The J-frame is the right combination of reliability, portability and power. In an intimate-range struggle, the revolver may be pressed against an opponent’s body and fired more than once. This makes the revolver a top choice for backup use.
There is another advantage often left out of reports concerning the J-frame: the 2-inch barrel J-frame can be drawn quickly from leather. With a properly designed holster, the J-frame practically leaps into the hand. At close range, the short sight radius is fast on target. I would never say the J-frame is easily mastered, but the type may be used well.
The Gould & Goodrich ankle holster was designed for rugged police duty. Should you carry anything less? This holster even laces into boots if necessary.
Smart Beats Out Bond
I have noted that many shooters come to my class with a handgun that is a non sequitur to the problem at hand. But some come to the class with a good choice. Among these are the young shooters who have recently qualified near the top of the class with a snubnose revolver. It can be done, and when you have mastered the J-frame , you are well armed.
During my last few years in police service, a rookie officer took a matter to the chief that he and I disagreed on. His wife had purchased a stainless Walther PPK automatic for off-duty use for this officer. I did not allow him to qualify or carry the piece. The Special is little enough for defense use, but will serve with the best loads. The ACP is another matter.
This rookie asked the chief to intervene. After all, the man said, “James Bond used a PPK.” I was apt to ream a rookie out when he compared fiction to reality. The Chief laughed, “Maxwell Smart was smarter than James Bond.” The rookie was instructed to get a if he wanted a backup. He was also reminded that nothing less than a Special could be used for (mandatory) off-duty carry. Maxwell Smart did indeed carry a concealed hammer Special revolver.
Choosing the Right Snubby Holster
When it comes to holstering the J–frame, some folks just drop the gun in their pocket. That’s not a good idea. You need a good holster. The choice in J-frame holsters is wider than that offered by, say, Commander holsters. This is simply because the J-frame will fit in places the larger guns cannot — with the right snubby holster. Belt holsters, inside the waistband holsters, tuckables and pocket holsters are all viable for the J-frame. Many of these designs simply would not work well with a heavier handgun.
The J-frame is packable, concealable and fast into action. But the J-frame also packs enough power to be effective if the shot is well placed. The holsters illustrated take advantage of the light weight of the J-frame to enhance comfort and also offer real speed in most cases. Others are light, thin, concealable and still maintain a balance between speed and access.
The Blackhawk holster (left) and the Shooting Star Custom Leather holster (right) offer good options for belt carry. Each is secure and fast with a good balance between access and speed. The DPX HEST folder is often carried along with the s.
The first holster anyone should consider is the strong side belt holster. The strong side holster offers a natural draw. There should be a good reason for deviating from the ease of access of the strong side holster. Among the most effective I have used is a wrap-around pancake style from Silver Star Custom Leather.
This holster keeps the handgun tight against the body with good retention while also offering good concealment. With the holster tightly held by a good gun belt you have good speed. This is because the gun butt is presented at the right angle for a rapid presentation from leather.
Another choice that is reminiscent of the Berns-Martin break front comes from Blackhawk. The Blackhawk holster features an elastic band built into the holster that keeps the revolver secure. It also offers a good sharp draw. This one requires some practice in pushing the gun butt forward on the draw to break out of the elastic band, but it is a viable option.
Another strong side holster I sometimes use comes from Jeffrey Custom Gunleather. This one is a very sturdy, design that features a belt loop with a strong snap on the back of the holster. The scabbard is kept secure, but you may change the holster quickly if need be. The holster isn’t quite as close-riding as some. Due to the grip clearance, it is among the fastest strong side holsters for the J-frame.
Snubby Holster Preferences
This Active Pro tuckable is suitable for use with a number of handguns. The author has successfully concealed holsters considerably larger than a J-frame
A true specialist for selecting holsters for snubbies, including holsters for the Ruger SP and Colt Detective Special, is Bobby Mac. Since many snubby s are hammerless, Bobby understands the need for good retention and also builds a holster that is very fast into action and comfortable. His pancake holsters are sought out by professionals and the buying public. A few factory ready J-frame holsters have been known to split at the belt loop because they are thin and light and folks tend to just pull them off the belt without much care. The Bobby Mac holster will survive such treatment.
An advantage of the snubby is that it is short enough that a strong side holster conceals almost as well under a light jacket as an inside the waistband holster (IWB). But when carrying under a sweatshirt or sport shirt, the IWB works well. There is no holster body below the belt line and with a properly designed holster speed is good.
There are several preferences at work including clip to one side of the gun, clip over the cylinder and dual offset belt clips. It is up to the end user to decide which suits their needs best.
The Remora or “Sticky” holster is an excellent holster.
The NTAC IWB is a Kydex design with dual spring steel clips. This holster may be used as an OWB or IWB, so there is real versatility. The Kydex construction offers resistance to oil, solvent and perspiration. The holster retains its shape for years and offers a good, sharp draw.
IWB Snubby Holster Options
The Barber Leather Works design is one of my personal favorites. This one offers a tilt to the front for speed and concealment. The leather is top grade and the holster is well molded for the individual handgun. There is a strong holstering welt that prevents the holster from collapsing when the handgun is drawn. The belt clip rides on the rear of the holster. This works well with a light
Sideguard offers two designs for the J-frame that serve different purposes. The first is a conventional IWB with the belt clip over the cylinder. This makes for a very compact holster taking up a minimum of space on the belt and under the waistband. This is a very handy holster that is secure, but fast to fit into the waistband without unfastening the belt. The second sideguard design is thinner for maximum concealment. The belt clips are situated at the ends of the holster body and there is no reinforced welt for holstering. The holster will collapse after the revolver is drawn. This is the flattest quality IWB I am aware of. The IWB is probably the best choice for most of us for carrying the snubnose , but there are other choices.
Pocket carry is very popular. I am late coming to pocket carry, but I sometimes carry a backup in the pocket. I have used several pocket holsters with good results.
The Gunfighters LTD pocket holster is very light and inexpensive. This is the one for casually dropping in the pocket. I own several to protect my J-frames when they are stored in the safe. The holster also rides in the pocket with me, particularly when the J-frame is carried in a jacket pocket. The DeSantis Nemesis is a similar but slightly heavier design that is very popular.
Perhaps the state-of-the-art holster at the moment is the Remora. Frankly, the other guys have a lot of catching up to do with this design. The Remora is designed not to collapse after the piece is drawn from the pocket. The Remora is also designed to work as an IWB without belt loops. While it performs okay in this application with most handguns, and it is known as the “Sticky” holster. (The Remora holster is available for many types of handguns.)
As a pocket holster the Remora is a big step forward. When the firearm is drawn, the Remora stays in place and does not collapse. Just remember to blade the hand on the draw. Do not attempt to make a fist and affirm the grip in the pocket or you will not be able to draw the handgun.
A Tuckable Snubby Holster
Among the best designs yet for the IWB/snubby combination comes from Barber Leatherworks. Note the strong belt clip.
The Tuckable snubby holster allows a handgun to be carried under the shirt with the shirt tucked in. This neatly solves a number of problems, including concealing a handgun with dress wear, but no jacket. The J-frame offers a number of possibilities for this type of carry.
Most of the time you only have to evade the observation of people that you are not in contact when carrying concealed. It is quite another thing to be armed about those that you work with on a daily basis. I have carried for a considerable time in such an environment when only I and my client knew I was armed. I carried a handgun larger than a J-frame, but the principles are the same.
NTACH holsters offer good versatility with loops designed for either OWB or IWB wear. They are a good kit.
Carrying my Smith & Wesson Military Model 19 with inch barrel in the Active Pro Tuckable was neatly accomplished. I wore the revolver over my right rear pocket. The Active Pro Tuckable was fitted into the trousers and the shirt tucked in over it. To draw, I first pull out my shirt and then draw the handgun. Rip the shirt out with the same hand that you draw the handgun. Make sure to practice in order to attain speed.
The Tuckable is a compromise, but in this case a good one. The Active Pro design isn’t made of cheap fabric, but rather the material is thick enough for the job and tightly woven. I would prefer a metal hook, but the plastic belt hook is well designed and of quality material. While fabric isn’t molded to the handgun in the same manner as leather, the Active Pro design achieves good fit by properly sewing each holster for the individual handgun it is designed to fit. As an example the trigger guard is properly blocked off in the revolver types.
Ankle Holsters and Other Options
Ankle holsters are the natural home of the backup I do not recommend the ankle holster as a good option for the primary gun. The ankle holster is accessible when seated and when the wearer is driving. However, only the best quality holsters should be chosen. The problem is that when the body is traveling, the legs move more quickly than the torso. There is a lot of momentum built up with an ankle holster. If you move quickly there is a real chance the handgun will be dislodged from the holster. A $20 pawn shop holster simply will not do the business.
Jeff Silvester is a new name in snub-nosed holsters but his work shows ingenuity, originality and quality craftsmanship.
Gould & Goodrich are among the best factory production holsters. This holster is constructed of quality leather. The design elements are outstanding. As an example, you can lace the leather strap that attaches to the leg through boot loops. The thumb break is a folded over design not likely to be actuated unless you intend to draw the handgun. This holster is a marvel of design in many ways and an option that civilians as well as peace officers would be wise to explore.
A final option is the revolver-mounted belt clip produced by Brownells. Brownells offers a tune up kit consisting of premium springs, a set of Hogue grips and the belt clip. It is a minimal fashion, but then so is the snubby This belt clip will prevent the J-frame from falling out of the belt, but the firearm still rides against the skin. It is a neat trick for the grab and go.
So Many to Choose From
When it comes to the snub-nosed there are more carry options than with any other handgun type. Take care in selection and practice with the holster you choose. The life you save may be your own.
Gould & Goodrich: GouldUSA.com
Active Pro Gear:ActiveProGear.com
About Bob Campbell
Bob Campbell is a writer for Concealed Carry Magazine with a degree in criminal justice. Bob has been a firearms writer for decades, writing for Concealed Carry Handguns, Gun Tests, American Gunsmith, SWAT Magazine, Law and Order and Black Belt, among others. He has written 15 books primarily focused on handguns and training, including The Accurate Handgun from Gun Digest. In addition to serving as a peace officer and firearms instructor, he has also written curriculum at the university level.
So, you’ve just picked up your brand-new Smith & Wesson Special snub-nosed revolver! Perhaps you purchased it to use for concealed carry, and you’re anxious to add it to your daily routine.
But first, you’ll need the right holster to securely take it along with you.
There are numerous options available to you. Some of the more popular holster styles may or may not suit your taste. These may include pocket holsters, pancake-type belt slides, paddle holsters, belt clips, belly bands, or ankle holsters.
Each has their good points as well as their bad. Let’s have a quick glance at some of these popular styles.
My pick would have to be the Suede Leather holster by Relentless Tactical. It’s got the belt/waistband clip, but can also fit in a pocket with ease. Not only that, but you could wear it IWB cross draw simply by putting it on your weak side.
SAFEST NEWSLETTER - WE WILL NEVER SELL YOUR EMAIL
GET GREATGUN AND AMMODEALS!
SENT ONCE A WEEK - NO SPAM - NO SELLING YOUR EMAIL
Table of Contents
Type of Holsters
Some type of hostler that would be suitable for you pistol are:
- Pocket Holsters
- Pancake Holsters
- Paddle Holsters
- Belt Clip Holsters
- Belly Bands
- Ankle Holsters
Now let’s have a closer look at these types of holster before choosing a particular one.
This style of holster has become increasingly popular, available in nylon or leather. They’re designed to fit inconspicuously into your pocket and hold your weapon in its proper position.
The shape as well as a rougher outer material serves to keep the holster in the pocket when drawing the pistol.
They’re also not as form-fitting as other holsters, as this serves to break up the outline of the firearm in your pocket.
While these do tend to work well in deep pockets such as slacks, they’re a little more difficult to use in jeans, especially women’s jeans.
For some strange reason, manufacturers seem to be shrinking women’s pockets – literally!.
These holsters, made of either leather or nylon, are designed to be worn outside the waistband and are flatter to ease concealment.
They usually have two slots to slide a belt through, and are, to a degree, shaped to fit specific models.
A pancake holster sits tight and secure against the belt. These can come with or without thumbs straps.
However, when using this for concealed carry, make sure your clothing fits over it to properly conceal your handgun.
These are often made of high-strength polymer and mounted on a scoop-like paddle. They slip into a waistband with or without a belt.
They are form-fitted to specific firearm models, and usually have adjustable retaining screws.
Some even offer adjustable cant (angle of carry) levels. If you choose to use one of these holsters for concealed carry, you’ll have to make certain your shirt will cover it.
Although the paddle fits into your pants, the firearm actually sits outside your waistband.
Belt Clip Holsters
A belt clip holster can come in either inside- (IWB) or outside- (OWB) waistband models. Some of them not only clip to the belt or waistband, but also have built-in belt slides.
They are made from either leather or nylon, and can come with or without thumb straps.
Remember, if you decide to go with an OWB holster and intend to carry concealed, make certain your clothing will allow the holster to remain hidden.
If your holster choice does have a retaining strap, make sure to practice releasing it.
Belly band holsters are usually built around a neoprene material (similar to knee braces you pick up at your local pharmacy), which gives the rig a bit of elasticity.
Surgical-grade elastic is stitched to the neoprene, forming the pocket for the pistol.
Some may also have optional retention straps as well as as spare magazine holder. This type of holster may appeal to the woman in your life, and some are even made with a lace appearance.
With a belly band, take into account the amount of time it might take you to draw, especially if your holster has the optional retention strap.
These are usually made of neoprene, similar to belly bands, but intended to be worn around the ankle under the pants.
Many of them come with spare magazine pouches (for semi-automatics) and may or may not have a retention strap for better safety.
Keep in mind that ankle holsters for concealment won’t work when wearing shorts or most dresses, and may require extra time to draw in an emergency.
However, if you spend a lot of time in your car or at a desk, this might be a good choice.
Top Holsters for the Smith & Wessons Special
Now that we’ve discussed holster styles in general, let’s look at a couple specific models in more detail.
1. The Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster by Relentless Tactical
This is a leather holster with metal waistband clip. This holster will fit most J frame revolvers and comes with Relentless Tactical’s lifetime warranty.
The suede should make for a comfortable fit, and the clip is mounted to a thick, sturdy-looking strip of leather stitched to the holster.
One disadvantage to this holster might be its lack of a retaining strap. You could also use this as a pocket holster; just slip it in a pocket.
The outer surface is suede and will grip your pocket lining. Since it’s not form fit to a specific gun model, some pistols may not fit as well as others.
If you’re looking for another similar model, check out our guide to the best IWB leather holster.
2. Belly Band for Concealed Carry by Concealed Carrier, LLC
This is a stretchy neoprene belly belt that can be worn around the belly as well as inside the waistband if you prefer.
It will fit up to a 44 inch belly, but make sure to measure around the belly button and not the waist to ensure a good fit.
This seems to be an extremely versatile holster, which can also be used higher on the torso like a shoulder rig.
You can even carry it in the small of the back (SOB). The holster fits a wide range of different pistols and has a retention strap for a secure fit.
It also has a spare magazine holster that can be used for other things such as a phone, keys, or money.
3. Pistol Holder by Sticky Holsters
This is an ambidextrous, self-sticking holster that stays put when put in the pocket or waistband.
It uses the compression of your body and pants to secure the holster and keep a lightning-quick draw.
There are no metal clips or straps to worry about, and this might also work in a back pocket as well.
4. Small of Back (SOB) Concealed Carry Leather Holster by Pro Carry
This is a pancake-style holster made of top grain leather and boasting proper cant (carry) angle, giving you a quick draw.
The molded to fit the firearm leather gives extra retention and the large belt slots slide easily onto a belt.
The fact that it’s designed for SOB carry means it’s not convertible to a cross draw or a strong side holster unless you’re left-handed or ambidextrous.
5. Nemesis Ambidextrous Pocket Holster by DeSantis Gunhide
This is a nylon pocket holster for inserting in the pocket of your slacks or deep pocket jeans. At just ounces, this is a lightweight holster.
The bulk of the holster is thick enough to break up the lines of your pistol, making it even less obvious when in a pocket.
The outer shell is fibrous to stick to your pocket, while the lining is smooth to allow for ease in draw.
The holster is somewhat form-fitting, but may allow a little play.
A Word About Barrel Length
Smith and Wesson produces several types of Special caliber handguns, and most of the holsters listed here are for the snub-nosed barrels: those barrels measuring in at around 2 inches.
Other caliber firearms are available in 4 inch, inch, and over 8 inchbarrel lengths. If you’re not sure of your weapon’s barrel length, check the owner’s manual or the paperwork from the sale.
If you’re still not sure, measure the barrel from the longest part of the barrel tip to just before the rolling cylinder. Make certain you know what length barrel you have before buying a holster, especially online, as they’re more difficult to return.
I bet now you know exactly what you might be looking for. We’ve covered a wide range of different types and brands of holsters, and you’ll know best what will suit your lifestyle.
Some women seem to prefer a belly band holster over a purse holster (the gun in your purse won’t do any good if the bad guy takes away your bag, or you drop it while in a run), and men of certain body types seem to like it as well.
Many others prefer the pocket holster, as it pretty much works with anything you might want to wear.
I had to stop now. Taking my head off my shoulder, I tried to pull away. Ken's hand held me tight. He took me by the hair with his right hand and wanted to get my head back. I looked straight into his eyes.
Boot holster special 38
Well, I couldn't. What's the difference. Life has already been lived and lived alone, '' the woman summed up sadly.Leather Holster Build (.38 SPL Snub Nose)
And crawled with his hands where not. However, he continued to jerk my anus, already with two fingers, and then three. It was painful. I dont want to go there - I shouted.
You will also be interested:
- F1 results 2015 today
- Logical fallacies quiz quizlet
- Mayflash gamecube adapter
- Form 1040 irs 2016
- Fame acoustic electric guitar
- Galaxy s10 5g otterbox
- Android pie hotspot hack
- Spectrum choice channels
- Burlap valance for kitchen
- Farmington veterinary clinic
- 2020 topps silver pack
- Nissan z 400
- Minecraft minimap mod
The door of the small room opened and completely naked Seg came out into the light of day with a glassy gaze. And a drooping lower lip. She looked somewhere through me and walked into the bathroom.