Fix Battlefield 2042 Stuck at Connecting to Online Services
Battlefield 2042 early access open beta has officially begun and man the game is amazing. It is everything we anticipated. But, some players are stuck at the initial loading screen unable to jump into the game. When you boot the game, it connects to the server, but players are complaining that the client never connects to the server and they are stuck in the infinite loading screen. Don’t worry, we have got the answer for you. Keep reading if you are prevented from the game by the Battlefield 2042 stuck at the “Connecting to Online Services” issue.
Fix Battlefield 2042 Stuck at Connecting to Online Services
You may be stuck at the Connecting to online services screen for a range of reasons such as issues with the server, a connection problem, or it may be the first time you are loading the game.
If this is the first time you have launched the game, expect the loading time to be longer than normal as the game is loading Shaders and other background resources. It’s normal for this game and a lot of other games. If this is the first time, do not do anything and allow the game to load. After you have loaded the game and played it once, the loading into the game should be quicker.
If it’s a server issue such as the servers being under strain due to over demand, down for maintenance, or some other glitch, there is nothing you can do about it. The thing that you can do is confirm the problem and wait for the devs patch it quickly. Here are some links you can use to get info on the battlefield 2042 server status.
- Official Website (no official page at the time. We will update once available)
If the issue is not with the server. The Battlefield 2042 Stuck at Connecting to Online Services may be caused by a connection issue on your end. Here is a checklist you can go through.
- Switch to a wired internet connection such as Powerline, Ethernet Cable, or MoCA. Using Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot are both volatile and cause bandwidth drops.
- If you are playing on console, clear the cache and reboot the system.
- If clearing the cache and rebooting the PC did not resolve the issue, reset the internet router or factory reset it.
- If a wired internet connection is not an option, consider:
- Changing the channel on your wireless router; ideally, the one that is used the least.
- Try shifting from 2.4GHz to 5GHz or vice versa.
- Ensure that the router is placed closer to the console or PC and not blocked by a wall or other obstacles that can block the Wi-Fi signal.
- Adjust the router’s antennae.
- Change your network connection. Try using a different internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi, try playing the game through your mobile internet.
- Do not use other devices on the same network such as tablets, cell phones, etc. while playing Battlefield 2042.
- Terminate bandwidth-intensive tasks such as Netflix, YouTube, or other video streaming services, file transfer (torrents), etc.
- Ensure you are using the latest hardware and firmware. Get in touch with your ISP and ensure the network equipment such as modems, cables, routers, switches, etc. are all up-to-date and working as intended.
- Ensure your NAT type is Open.
- Call the ISP for help with the problem.
Besides the above solutions the DNS server you have set for your device also plays a crucial role when connecting to a server. We suggest that you set Google DNS, which is recommended for gaming and we personally use it. Here are the steps you can use to set the DNS and fix Battlefield 2042 Stuck at Connecting to Online Services.
- For PlayStation 4
- Open the PlayStation and head to the main Menu and go to Settings
- Select Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings > Custom
- Select LAN for cable and Wi-Fi for Wireless depending on the type of connection you are using
- Next, select Custom and change the IP Address Settings to Automatic; Do not specify for DHCP host name; manual for DNS settings, and enter the primary and secondary DNS – 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 – ; Automatic for MTU settings; and Do not use for Proxy server.
- Save and Restart the PlayStation 4.
- For PS5
- From the Home Screen go to Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection > Set Up Manually > Wi-Fi or LAN > Under DNS Settings > Enter Primary DNS as 188.8.131.52 > Enter Secondary DNS as 184.108.40.206
- Fox Xbox One
- Open Guide by pressing the Xbox button > Settings > All Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual > Enter Primary DNS as 220.127.116.11 > Enter Secondary DNS as 18.104.22.168
- For Xbox Series X|S
- Go to Configuration > General > Network Configuration > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual > Enter Primary DNS as 22.214.171.124 > Enter Secondary DNS as 126.96.36.199
- For PC
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Windows Settings
- Select Network & Internet
- Click on Change adapter options
- Select the network and right-click > Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties
- Toggle Use the following DNS server addresses and fill the Google DNS 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- Click Ok.
At the time of writing these are the best solutions, we can suggest to fix the Battlefield 2042 Stuck at Connecting to Online Services. We will update the post when we have other solutions.
Those playing Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4 and can’t connect to any matches, you’re not alone! It seems a Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 stuck at connecting bug is happening to players across all platforms as we speak.
Multiple people on the Battlefield 1 subreddit have posted complaints that they can’t join matches since they’re stuck at the loading screen or connecting match screen.
I cant join matches. any ways to fix this? Im on ps4 from battlefield_one
For now, the official EA Support social media account has
Anyone having trouble joining games on xbox? from battlefield_one
Anyone else having loading issues on PS4? from battlefield_one
Stuck loading when joining matches from battlefield_one
And while it might not be as prevalent for Battlefield 4 since there are less people posting about it (most likely since the game is much older), it is happening to that title too and across all platforms.
Stuck at “joining server…” from battlefield_4
For now, the official EA Support social media account has not made any mention of the Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 issues, but we’ve emailed them about this just in case, and will update the post if and when we get a response.
So far, so good, the latest Battlefield game — Battlefield V — doesn’t seem to be affected, so there’s at least that.
More Battlefield Reading:
Tags:BattlefieldBattlefield 1Battlefield 4DICESours: https://mp1st.com/news/battlefield-4-battlefield-1-stuck-at-connecting-bug-happening-to-players
[Updated: Aug 06] Battlefield 4 servers down or not connecting on Xbox, as per multiple user reports
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on July 30, 2021) follows:
Battlefield 4 is one of the most popular games in the Battlefield franchise. Even though the game was released way back in 2013, it has a very healthy player base.
Last month, Battlefield 4 experienced a sudden surge in number of players after the announcement of Battlefield 2042. This resulted in EA increasing the overall server capacity.
It looks like people are bored of Battle Royale and want to try some old titles.
Having said that, users are now reporting that they are having issues connecting to the Battlefield 4 servers on the Xbox.
Whenever players try to find any servers in-game, they are either unable to do so. Others report that they are not able to connect to the online service.
Gamers who are able to find servers are stuck in a queue and cannot join empty servers.
Hey there everyone, I just bought Battlefield 4 today for my Xbox series X in the hype of the new one coming out, and I must ask, what the hell is this error code? I can get into the game fine, but as soon as I try to join a multiplayer session, it gives me the message “Unknown Error Code: 1”.
Does anybody know how to solve it? I tried contacting EA support, restarting my router, restarting my Xbox, changing ports, uninstalling and reinstalling, everything, but they were completely unable to help and everything just did not end up working out. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if anybody can help, I would greatly appreciate it.
Seriously, what’s going on now with this game?! 33 people queued for a server, meanwhile tons sit empty and I can’t join them. Wtf.
Some users say they are greeted with “Failed to join the game as its current state does not allow for a connection” or “Error Code 1.”
Even people who recently rented Battlefield 4 servers on Xbox say that the servers are down for them. Multiple users have reported the issue on downdetector.com
We hope EA and Dice fix the server issues soon so that players can enjoy the game once again.
You can chime in the conversation via the comments section below to let us know if Battlefield 4 servers are down for you on Xbox as well.
Update 1 (July 31)
10:00 am (IST): EA support has confirmed that they are aware of server issues with Battlefield 4 on the Xbox and are working to fix it soon.
Update 2 (August 02)
12:30 pm (IST): It’s been close the 4 days but the issue is still not fixed. EA support both on social media as well official forum are still maintaining that the problem is being investigated:
his is an issue we’re aware of and looking into at present. Please bear with us as it is not yet resolved, we remain investigating
Our teams are investigating the issue no new update regarding a fix or when it will be fixed but our team are looking at the issue
Update 3 (August 03)
10:30 am (IST): Yet another day has gone past and the problem has still not been fixed. Apart from acknowledging the problem, EA Help is also suggesting users to stay tuned to their social channels and forums to know the status of the problem.
This is something that our team is aware of and is investigating further. I would advise keeping an eye on our social media pages and forums for any future updates, apologies for any inconvenience caused. (Source)
Update 4 (August 04)
12:13 pm (IST): As this issue continues to afflict players, a community member seems to have found a workaround that should help affected persons continue gaming on their consoles.
The only workaround method is to go to “Manage game and add ons” delete reserved data and delete your data just from the xbox. Relaunch game, click quick match, load into the game, quit the game and go directly to server browser. It works 100% of the time. This is the ONLY WORKAROUND METHOD for xbox one X/Series X/S.
Update 5 (August 05)
12:13 pm (IST): An individual took to the EA community to share some insights into the problem with servers in the game. Here’s what they have to say:
1. A very limited # of servers will show in the Server Browser, even when there are zero filters applied.
2. Sometimes no servers populate, and when they do there’s maybe three or four maximum.
3. A list of servers DOES populate in Favorites or the Recently Played list.. more than in the Server Browser.
4. Because people are only seeing a subset of servers available in the Server Browser they are choosing from recently played or favorites. The consequences of this are overloaded servers, which then causes extremely high queues for anyone who wants to join… Again, because folks are only seeing a small subset of servers they can join.
Update 6 (August 06)
12:03 pm (IST): It looks like the wait for a proper fix to this issue continues as now, a Community Manager has been quoted saying there is no update just yet.
Hey there, no new update from me but as before, the teams are aware and looking into it.
We shall continue to keep an eye and update as and when we get more info so stay tuned.
NOTE: We have more such stories in our dedicated Gaming Section so be sure to follow them as well.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.
After the shower, Paola could hardly stand. So I had to spend the night with Natalie. Well. So you are my diary.
Stuck on connecting battlefield 4
The first condition for me was emancipation in sex, the second, no jealousy, well, appearance also played an important role. Olga was what she needed 1. 7 height and 58 weight small elastic chest, an appetizing figure not a hint of fat.Battlefield 4 Joining Server Forever Fix
Well, what to do, I don't know these Pixels and Worlds. So far in my life my looks and daddy's money have been enough for me. However, this problem was resolved by itself. I got an email on Monday night.
You will also be interested:
- Dewalt pressure washer 20v
- Jordan 13 bred 2004
- Happy pigs breast pump
- Ca legal beretta
- Hobby lobby liquid white
- Island packet 31
- Common subaru legacy problems
- Mics for xbox
With Aunt Lana, let's go to us. She's at home now. What, shall we try, or what.