5.3.0 Patch Notes
Unleash The Blight, an alchemist consumed by his research. Ambition brought him to the Entity's realm but his hunger for power destroyed him. Mutated and mad, his power, Blighted Corruption, provides him with unnatural abilities to quickly pursue and ambush Survivors.
Plan your escape with Felix Richter, a successful architect who was torn away from his lavish lifestyle. Resourceful and bold, he has clever methods to stand against the oncoming evil and plan out the one thing that matters to him mostÃ¢â‚¬â€returning home.
- Added a new Killer - The Blight.
- Added a new Survivor - Felix Richter.
- Added a new Rare Offering for Killers and Survivors - Sacrificial Ward - cancels other offerings that would send you to a specific realm.
- Added a new Common Offering for Killers and Survivors - Bloodied Blueprint - reveals the aura of basement hooks to you for 20 seconds at the start of the trial. If the map has a Killer Shack, this offering increases the chance that the basement will spawn below it.
- Added a new Common Offering for Killers and Survivors - Torn Blueprint - reveals the aura of basement hooks to you for 20 seconds at the start of the trial. If the map has a main building, this offering increases the chance that the basement will spawn below it.
- Added a new Common Offering for Killers and Survivors - Annotated Blueprint - If the map has a Killer Shack, this offering increases the chance that the Hatch will spawn within it.
- Added a new Common Offering for Killers and Survivors - VigoÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Blueprint - If the map has a main building, this offering increases the chance that the Hatch will spawn within it.
Features & Content
Many in-game objects in Dead By Daylight haven't been changed significantly since the game's launch. As part of our ongoing effort to enhance the game's visuals, many of these objects got visual updates in this patch to bring them closer to our long-term vision for the appearance of the game. Some realms also got visual updates, with more coming later in future patches.
- Visual updates of several common in-game objects:
- Visual update of the Generators, including changes to models, animations and VFX. The Survivor repairing animations and VFX were also updated.
- Visual update of the Pallets, including models and VFX.
- Visual update of the Lockers.
- Visual update of the Chests, including the model and changes to the Survivor's interaction. This Survivor interaction has been updated
- Visual updates to some maps, including additions of breakable walls:
- Springwood - Updated Badham Preschool Maps I - V
- Yamaoka Estate - Updated Family Residence and Sanctum of Wrath
- Update aiming when using the flashlight. Up to 4.1.0, the flashlight would aim up and to the right of the center of the screen. In 4.1.0, the aiming animation was updated, which caused the flashlight to aim more towards right of center. Now, the aim should be squarely in the center.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors not to be stunned when shot by the Deathslinger.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hillbilly's carry and lunge speed to be reduced when equipped with the Tuned Carburetor add on.
- Fixed an issue that caused all Legion characters to use Julie's animation when the 'Empty Stare' mask was equipped.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Oni to lose the ability to enter Blood Fury.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Oni's blood orbs to sometimes flicker in and out of visibility.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Plague's Vile Purge to arc higher than previously.
- Fixed an issue that cause the Shape not to change stances while in Tier 3 Evil Within.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Trapper's bear trap aura not to appear during the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to be stuck at the bottom of the Hill on various maps.
- Fixed several issues that may cause survivors to be misaligned during Moris.
- Fixed an issue that caused a regressing generator not to turn red once reaching 0 progress when using the Surveillance perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Pull Down" prompt to be replaced for Survivors standing next to a pallet while injured and with the Self-Care perk equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to see the auras of breakable walls when equipped with the Windows of Opportunity perk and suffering from the Blind effect.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when selecting the Low or Medium Graphics Quality from Medium and above.
- Reduced rank update errors.
- HTML markup in player names during social notifications (toast invites) are now handled properly.
Changes From PTB
Many players on PTB noticed the Blight would unintentionally collide with objects while rushing, or fail to hit objects they would expect to collide with. This version of the character reduces that unwanted behavior, making the Blight's power more reliable and effective. His add-ons were also adjusted to add more diversity.
- Fixed an issue where the Blight would play two cooldown animations after a dash attack. The weapon wipe animation on a successful dash attack and the miss animation after a missed dash attack have both been removed and replaced with the cooldown injection animation. This also fixes various incorrect behaviour during the 'double cooldown' such as being able to pick up survivors or attack without playing an attack animation.
- Decreased the radius of the velocity-based rush collision detector and added a secondary collision detector for objects that are both at very close range and directly in the center of view.
- Increased the dash attack's initial speed from 6.9 m/s to 9.2 m/s.
- Increased the base turn rate during rush.
- Slightly reduced the initial speed boost at the beginning of a lethal rush.
- Dash attacks will now continue even if the attack input is released.
- Updated the Blight's height from "Tall" to "Average" and difficulty from "Intermediate" to "Hard".
- Reworked the target projection from the add-on "Chipped Monocle". It was previously projecting in the direction the player was facing based on their current speed. However, due to the sliding movement while rushing, it has been updated to project a collision the direction the player is currently moving. A special case was added for the slam phase to project a collision while not moving at full dash speed. The end result should be that the Chipped Monocle makes it clearer how the Blight's trajectory changes while rushing, as well as being a more accurate estimate of the collision location.
- Complete add-on pass - 16/20 add-ons updated. An updated list of add-ons is included below.
Some other bonuses (such as "add one additional rush token") were replaced with more interesting effects. With these changes, we hope to support a wide variety of viable and interesting play styles.
A general pass was done on the add-ons to increase the diversity of effects and possible builds with the character. There were previously 4 add-ons that could affect rush speed and 3 for affecting rush turn rate; these have been reduced to 2 each to make room for more unique add-ons.
Chipped Monocle (Common)
Displays the target location of a slam
Compound Seven (Common)
Automatically face the nearest survivor within 16 meters after a slam
Reduces the recovery time after rushing by 0.25 seconds
Placebo Tablet (Common)
Reduces movement speed while rushing by 15%
Increases Bloodpoints from rush score events by 100%
Canker Thorn (Uncommon)
Reduces recovery time after rushing by 0.5 seconds
Shredded Notes (Uncommon)
Decreases the time required to recharge a rush token by 0.33 seconds
Decreases the maximum number of rush tokens by 1
Blighted Rat (Uncommon)
Increases rush speed by 4% for each consecutive rush
Plague Bile (Uncommon)
Increases turn rate while rushing by 10%
Pustula Dust (Uncommon)
Increases the duration of the slam by 0.75 seconds
Compound Twenty-One (Rare)
When initiating a slam, reveals the auras of survivors within 16 meters of the collision location for 6 seconds
Umbra Salts (Rare)
Increases turn rate while rushing by 15%
Rose Tonic (Rare)
Increases the duration of the slam by 1 second
Unchanged from PTB
Blighted Crow (Rare)
Increases rush speed by 6% for each consecutive rush
Adrenaline Vial (Rare)
Reduces turn rate while rushing by 90%
Decreases the time required to recharge a rush token by 0.66 seconds
Increases the maximum look angle while rushing by 50%
Increases the maximum number of rush tokens by 2
Summoning Stone (Very Rare)
Hitting a survivor with a lethal rush will call upon the Entity to block pallets within 12 meters of your location for 6 seconds
Unchanged from PTB
Alchemist's Ring (Very Rare)
Hitting a survivor with a lethal rush will instantly recharge all rush tokens
Soul Chemical (Very Rare)
See the auras of survivors within 8 meters while rushing
Vigo's Journal (Very Rare)
Gain the Undetectable status effect while rushing
Unchanged from PTB
Compound Thirty-Three (Ultra Rare)
Any survivors within 16 meters of a slam will suffer from the Hindered status effect for 3 seconds
Slamming pallets or breakable walls will destroy them and stun the Blight for 1.5 seconds
Iridescent Blight Tag (Ultra Rare)
Upon using all rush tokens, hitting a survivor with a lethal rush attack will put them in the dying state
Unchanged from PTB
PTB Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused The Oni to enter an incorrect visual state after being stunned during the Yamaoka's Wrath animations.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Plague to not slow down after using Vile Purge.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Damage prompt to be missing from generators after cleansing Hex: Ruin multiple times with the Hex: Undying perk equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Doctor's illusionary pallets not to be affected by the Hex: Blood Favor perk.
- Fixed an issue that might cause the Nightmare's dream pallets not to be affected by the Hex: Blood Favor perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused frame rates to drop when a generator is completed.
- Reduced the number of occurrences of Save Game Error 112.
- Make the errors more explicit when the game fails to grant/withdraw Bloodpoints.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Bloodweb to be usable without consuming Bloodpoints.
Dead by Daylight (DBD) Update 5.3.0 Patch Notes Details
Dead by Daylight update 5.3.0 (Mid Chapter Update) will soon roll out on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official DBD update 5.3.0 patch notes, the upcoming update will add various balancing, changes, and quality of life improvements.
Previously, a big update was released with various tweaks and fixes. Read full details here.
DBD 5.3.0 patch Notes
- Added a new Survivor: Mikaela Reid
- Updated the Character Select portraits for several Survivors. (David, Jake, Nea, Kate, Quentin, and Feng)
- Item and Add-on descriptions have been rewritten
- “Considerably” and other vague terms have been replaced with number values
- Added in reminder text for Status Effects: Any Add-ons that trigger status effect also include a brief description on the status effect
- The hatch will now only appear when one survivor is left alive
- Survivors can open the hatch after it has been kicked shut by using a key
- Key interaction takes 2.5 seconds, and does not lose progress when interrupted
- The achievement “Where Did They Go!?” has been changed to “The Key to Escaping”
Developer notes: The hatch change is effectively the much asked for Key nerf in disguise, preventing survivors from escaping a trial prematurely. It is also intended to reduce situations where survivors would camp the hatch, waiting for their teammates to die so they could escape.
- Base trap carrying capacity and starting traps increased to 2 (was 1)
- Trap aura color changed from red to white to be consistent with other killer object auras
- The number of traps spawned on a given map is now always 6 (was random 4-6)
- Add-on – Trapper Gloves: Setting speed bonus increased to 30% (was 20%)
- Add-on – Wax Brick: Trap escape modifier removed. Added effect: 33% increase to rescue and escape time. Rarity decreased to Uncommon (was Rare).
- Add-on – Trapper Bag. Reduced number of additional traps to 1 (was 2). Rarity increased to Rare (was Uncommon).
- Add-on – Secondary Coil: Increased trap disarm time to 50% (was 43%)
- Add-on – Fastening Tools: Trap escape modifier removed. Added effect: 25% increase to rescue and escape time. Rarity decreased to Rare (was Very Rare).
- Reworked Add-on – Oily Coil: When resetting a Bear Trap, reveal the aura of the most recent Survivor to disarm it for 5 seconds
- Reworked Add-on – Trapper Sack: Bear Traps are carried at the beginning of the trial instead of spawning on the map. Bear Traps cannot be picked up.
- New Add-on – Bear Oil: Setting a Bear Trap is silent
- New Add-on – Makeshift Wrap: The Trapper cannot be caught by his Bear Traps. The Bear Trap will be disarmed if The Trapper steps on it.
- New Add-on – Coffee Grinds: Gain a 5% Haste status effect for 5 seconds after setting a Bear Trap
- New Add-on – Lengthened Jaws: Bear Traps inflict Deep Wound on Survivors
- New Add-on – Tension Spring: The Bear Trap resets 2 seconds after a Survivor escapes from it
- The following add-ons have been removed: Strong Coil Spring, Trap Setters, Logwood Dye, Setting Tools, Stitched Bag
- New Bear Trap SFX when using Padded Jaws add-on
Developer notes: The Trapper is DbD’s oldest killer, and he needed some love to bring him up to our modern standard of play. Many of these changes are focused around bringing him into line with how the rest of our Killers behave. Traps have been balanced to provide more consistent game experiences, and his add-ons have been overhauled to give a greater variety of options.
- Uncloaking speed boost duration reduced to 1 seconds (was 1.25 seconds)
- Add-on – All Seeing: Blood: Aura reveal range decreased to 8 meters (was 12 meters)
Developer notes: Recent buffs to The Wraith have made him a wee bit over powered, so these changes are intended to adjust two of the most obviously overpowered elements. We’ll continue monitoring how he performs, and potentially have more changes for him in the future.
- Add-on – Death Engravings: Added effect: Decreases heat generated while charging by 14%
- Add-on – Doom Engravings: Added effect: Decreases heat generated while charging by 14%
- Add-on – Mother’s Helpers: Charge speed bonus after being stunned increased to 18% (was 12%)
- Add-on – Tuned Carburetor: Charge speed bonus increased to 25% (was 20%)
- Reworked Add-on – Black Grease: Increases Chainsaw charge speed by 18% for 30 seconds after being blinded
- Reworked Add-on – Pighouse Gloves: Increases action speed by 20% when breaking pallets or walls, or damaging generators. Decreases duration of pallet stuns by 50%.
Developer notes: The engraving add-ons are very popular with players, but the increased charge time means he generates significantly more heat for a full charge with these add-ons than without. A heat reduction modifier has been added to keep the amount of heat produced for one full charge constant, and we’ve also improved some underperforming add-ons to make them more enticing.
- Add-on – Torn Bookmark: Removed line of sight restriction. Added effect: Increases Blink recharge time by 50%.
Developer notes: The line of sight restriction on Torn Book wasn’t terribly fun to play with, so we’ve replaced that a new downside which we feel is more in line with what players would expect.
- Add-on – Memorial Flower: Rarity decreased to Common (was Uncommon)
- Add-on – Vanity Mirror: Removed speed penalty
- Add-on – Judith’s Tombstone: Speed penalty now only applies to Evil Within III
Developer notes: The rarity change to Memorial Flower brings The Shape in line with all our other killers in terms of add-on rarity distribution. Additionally, we have removed the movement speed penalties that prevented two add-ons from realistically enabling their intended play styles. Our condolences to players who used these add-ons for comedic purposes.
- Add-on – Waterlogged Shoe: Increased speed bonus to 4.5% (was 2%)
Developer notes: Waterlogged Show was The Hag’s worst performing add-on, so we’ve given it a buff to help make it more viable. It will now make The Hag move at regular killer speed, 4.6m/s.
- Add-on – Bag of Gears: Increased Reverse Bear Trap setting speed bonus to 50% (was 20%)
- Add-on – Crate of Gears: Decreased Jigsaw Box search penalty to 33% (was 43%)
- Add-on – Tampered Timer: Decreased Reverse Bear Trap death timer modification to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds)
- Add-on – Rule Set N.2: Decreased rarity to Rare (was Ultra Rare)
- Add-on – Amanda’s Letter: Jigsaw Box reduction removed. Aura reveal range increased to 16 meters (was 12 meters).
- Reworked Add-on – John’s Medical File: Increases crouched move speed by 6%
- Reworked Add-on – Razor Wires: Failing a Jigsaw Box skill check while uninjured will injure the survivor
- Reworked Add-on – Workshop Grease: Increases Ambush attack charge speed by 50%. Decreases Ambush attack miss cooldown by 25%. Increased rarity to Uncommon (was Common).
- Reworked Add-on – Last Will: Increases Ambush attack movement speed by 6%. Increases time to charge Ambush attack by 66%.
- Reworked Add-on – Interlocking Razor: Failing a Jigsaw Box skill check while injured will inflict Deep Wound on the Survivor
- Reworked Add-on – Jigsaw’s Annotated Plan: Increases available Reverse Bear Traps by 1. Increases Reverse Bear Trap death timer by 10 seconds. Whenever a generator is completed, 10 seconds is removed from the death timer of all active Reverse Bear Traps.
- Reworked Add-on – Jigsaw’s Sketch: Increases available Reverse Bear Traps by 1. When a Survivor with a Reverse Bear Trap is working on a generator, that generator’s aura is revealed to you.
- Reworked Add-on – Video Tape: Survivors begin the trial with Reverse Bear Traps installed. Rarity increased to Ultra Rare (was Uncommon).
Developer notes: We are happy to announce The Pig is getting an add-on balance pass! We have replaced a number of underperforming or unpopular add-ons with new effects and increased the values on others to make them more effective. On the other end, Tampered Timer and Crate of Gears could sometimes be too strong (especially when combined) so their values have been reduced. The end result should be an add-on set that is overall stronger, more diverse, and more fun to play.
- While phase walking Survivors within 24 meters of The Spirit (not the husk) hear a directional audio cue that gains volume with proximity
- Add-on – Juniper Bonsai: Added effect: Increases Passive Phasing duration by 50%
- Reworked Add-on – Dried Cherry Blossom: Survivors trigger Killer Instinct when they come within 4 meters of The Spirit while she is phasing. Scratch marks are no longer visible while using Yamaoka’s Haunting.
- Reworked Add-on – Wakizashi Saya: During Yamaoka’s Haunting, use the Active Ability button to return to the husk and end the haunting
- New Add-on – Mother’s Glasses: Survivors trigger Killer Instinct when they come within 2 meters of the husk. Scratch marks are no longer visible while using Yamaoka’s Haunting.
- New Add-on – Uchiwa: Instantly recharges Yamoka’s Haunting when stunned by a pallet
- New Add-on – Senko Hanabi: When Yamaoka’s Haunting ends, The Spirit’s husk explodes and any vaults within 4 meters are blocked for 5 seconds
- New Add-on – Furin: The phasing sound is heard by all Survivors
- New Add-on – Kintsugi Teacup: Instantly recharges Yamaoka’s Haunting after breaking a pallet or wall
- The following add-ons have been removed: Bloody Hair Brooch, Dirty Uwabaki, Katsumori Talisman, Prayer Beads Bracelet, Father’s Glasses
- New Terror Radius music
Developer notes: The Spirit’s phase walking mind-games have evolved into something of a Kobayashi Maru. By adding some audio cues, it should give sharp survivors a chance to figure out what she’s doing and react accordingly. Along with this, we’ve replaced some of her more problematic / boring add-ons with new ones that should provide more varied options for potential playstyles.
- If the power button is released early, Vile Purge will continue charging to the minimum threshold instead of cancelling and entering cooldown
- Vile Purge cooldown move speed increased from 2.3m/s to 3.6m/s
- Base object infection time increased to 40 seconds (was 35 seconds)
- Interacting with infected objects generates 2x more sickness over time than interacting with non-infected objects
- Time to cleanse at a fountain increased to 8 seconds (was 6 seconds)
- Add-on – Limestone Seal: Object infection bonus increased to 20 seconds (was 5 seconds)
- Add-on – Emetic Potion: Increased Vile Purge effectiveness bonus to 30% (was 25%)
- Add-on – Hematite Seal: Object infection bonus increased to 30 seconds (was 10 seconds)
- Add-on – Infected Emetic: Decreased Vile Purge effectiveness bonus to 40% (was 50%)
- Add-on – Ashen Apple: Removed object infection duration modifier. Added effect: Increases the number of Pools of Devotion in the trial by 1.
- Add-on – Rubbing Oil: Reduced Vile Purge charge speed bonus to 50% (was 100%)
- Add-on – Exorcism Amulet: Increased Corrupt Purge duration bonus to 10 seconds (was 6 seconds)
- Add-on – Devotees Amulet: Increased Corrupt Purge duration bonus to 20 seconds (was 8 seconds)
- Add-on – Black Incense: Decreased survivor aura reveal duration to 3 seconds (was 5 seconds)
- Add-on – Iridescent Seal: Removed speed penalty while holding Corrupt Purge
- Reworked Add-on – Prayer Tablet Fragment: Vile Purge no longer affects Survivors. Increases object infection duration by 40 seconds. Increases infection from infected objects by 100%. Increases Devious Bloodpoints by 100%.
- Reworked Add-on – Olibanum Incense: Survivors who cleanse at fountains have their auras revealed for 4 seconds
- Reworked Add-on – Prophylactic Amulet: Decreases the number of Pools of Devotion in the trial by 2
- Reworked Add-on – Incensed Ointment: Ingesting the corruption at a Pool of Devotion causes all Survivors within The Plague’s Terror Radius to scream and reveal their locations
- Reworked Add-on – Vile Emetic: Increases velocity of vomit projectiles by 10%
Developer notes: These changes are intended to be a general buff and to enhance quality-of-life for The Plague. It was far too common for players to attempt a quick purge only to accidentally release the charge a fraction of a second too early and unintentionally end up in cooldown, so we’ve changed the behaviour of early releases to charge to a minimum threshold instead of going on cooldown. We have also buffed the options for focusing on infecting objects during the trial, with infected objects now increasing infection faster than non-infected ones.
- The Deathslinger must now wait for the Enter Aim animation to complete before being able to fire (0.4 seconds)
- The Deathslinger must now wait for the Exit Aim animation to complete before being able to attack (0.6 seconds)
- The cooldown when a survivor breaks free is now the same duration as a successful hit cooldown
- Increased terror radius to 32 meters (was 24 meters)
- Add-on – Gold Creek Whiskey: Removed movement speed penalty
- Add-on – Marshal’s Badge: Removed movement speed penalty
- Add-on – Iridescent Coin: Decreased range requirement to 12 meters (was 15 meters)
- Reworked Add-on – Hellshire Iron: When a Survivor is speared, gain Undetectable. The effect persists for 10 seconds after the Survivor is no longer speared.
Developer notes: We were unhappy with how easy it was for players to “insta-scope” survivors, especially given how little counterplay this had for survivor players. To combat this, The Deathslinger now has minimum enter / exit times when aiming down sights before being able to shoot / attack normally. We have also adjusted the stun when survivors break free to be the same as a successful hit, giving players a choice to break the reel early in exchange for losing out on the damage / deep wound.
The Ghost Face
- Night Shroud recovery time decreased to 24 seconds (was 30 seconds)
- Add-on – Walleye’s Matchbook: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 2 seconds (was 4 seconds)
- Add-on – Olson’s Address Book: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 3 seconds (was 6 seconds)
- Add-on – Chewed Pen: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 4 seconds (was 8 seconds)
Developer notes: Player feedback about Ghost Face’s add-ons was very clear: decreased recovery time was more appealing than any other option. In light of this, we have ‘baked in’ roughly half the effect of these add-ons to encourage a wider variety of selection.
- Add-on – Adrenaline Vial: Increased rush token recharge bonus to 1 second (was 0.75 seconds). Added effect: Increases Rushing speed by 10%.
- Add-on – Summoning Stone. Increased pallet blocking range to 16 meters (was 12 meters). Increased pallet blocking duration to 15 seconds (was 6 seconds).
Developer notes: The add-on Adrenaline Vial is supposed to enable an alternate “straight line dash” playstyle for players interested in novelty. While it’s still unlikely to be stronger than baseline Blight play, increased movement speed and token recharge should make the alternate playstyle a bit more viable. Additionally, the values on Summoning Stone have been increased to better reflect the perk it is referencing (Hex: Blood Favor).
The following perks have become General Perks, and their names have changed:
- Babysitter is now Guardian
- Camaraderie is now Kinship
- Second Wind is now Renewal
- Better Together is now Situational Awareness
- Fixated is now Self-Aware
- Inner Strength is now Inner Healing
- Vigil: Recovery bonus increased to 20/25/30% (was 10/15/20%). Added Broken, Exposed, and Oblivious to the status effects modified by the perk.
- Guardian (formerly Babysitter): Added a 7% Haste status effect for the rescued survivor. Removed the Killer seeing your aura. Killer aura visibility for you increased to 8 seconds (was 4 seconds).
- For the People: Reduced the duration of the Broken status effect to 80/70/60 seconds (was 110/100/90 seconds)
- Windows of Opportunity: Increased effective range to 24/28/32 meters (was 20 meters). Removed cooldown after vaulting / dropping a Pallet.
- Repressed Alliance: Generator repair requirement reduced to 55/50/45 seconds (was 80/70/60 seconds)
- Built to Last – Reworked: After hiding inside a Locker for 14/13/12 seconds with a depleted item in hand, 99% of its charges are refilled. Each use of Built to Last reduces the amount of charges refilled by 33%. Added stinger audio when item charges are refilled
- Any Means Necessary: Added effect: You can see the auras of dropped pallets
- No Mither: Grunts of pain reduction increased to 25/50/75% (was 0/25/50%). Added effect: Your recovery speed is increased by 15/20/25%
Developer notes: All of these perks have a low usage rate, low success rate, or both. They have all seen buffs to make them more appealing and more effective.
The following perks have become General Perks, and their names have changed:
- Surge is now Jolt
- Mindbreaker is now Fearmonger
- Cruel Limits is now Claustrophobia
- Hex: Retribution: Oblivious condition changed to trigger from interacting with any type of totem (was just cleansing hex totems). Increased aura reveal time to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
- Hex: Blood Favor: Pallet blocking effect now triggers off basic attacks and special attacks (was just basic attacks). Pallet blocking radius increased to 32 meters (was 16 meters). Cooldown has been removed.
- Hex: The Third Seal: Blindness effect now triggers off basic attacks and special attacks (was just basic attacks)
- Hex: Thrill of the Hunt: Survivor penalty now applies to both Cleansing and Blessing actions (was just Cleansing). Penalty stacks increased to 8/9/10% per stack (was 4/5/6%). Maximum penalty increased to 40/45/50% (was 30%). Loud noise notification has been removed.
- Fearmonger (formerly Mindbreaker): Now applies Exhausted and Blindness to survivors (was just Exhausted)
- Implemented a status effect pre-loading system to fix issues of hitches when a status effect is first applied during a match. Currently implemented for Adrenaline, Balanced Landing, No One Escapes Death, Sloppy Butcher, and The Shape’s Evil Within.
- Fixed an issue that could cause hitches when a survivor is unhooked.
- Performance optimizations on all survivors’ items.
- Performance optimizations on all hex perks.
- The Dead Dawg Saloon map has been re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to be able to vault over traps placed too close to vault points.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to cleanse a totem next to a cabinet in the Treatment Theatre map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to cleanse a totem between a barrel and a box of crates in The Underground Complex map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to cleanse a totem behind a staircase and log pile in the Dead Dawg Saloon map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Clown’s gas to dissipate quickly in any house basement.
- Fixed an issue that may cause a status effect’s icon to remain indefinitely on screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused stalking progress to jump upon ending the stalk when the distance to the stalked survivor changes.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors’ faces to distort when being unhooked by a survivor of the opposite gender.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to recoil back when failing the second skill check while using the Brand New Part add-on.
- Fixed an issue that caused the carrying music to continue playing when a survivor disconnects while being picked up.
- Fixed an issue that caused killers to clip through the ground when walking in the Tally screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused the auras of carried survivors to be revealed when using the Aftercare, Situational Awareness (formerly Better Together) and No One Left Behind perks.
- Fixed an issue that caused the aura of the survivor sent to a Cage of Atonement to be revealed when using the Iridescent Seal of Metatron Pyramid Head add-on.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors Laceration meter to continue to decrease for other survivors after they escape the challenge.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Alert perk not to reveal the Nemesis Tentacle Strike pallet action.
- Fixed an issue that caused the interaction prompt button icons on the HUD to not be affected by the Large Text Setting.
- Fixed an issue with the Buff Icon missing from the HUD whenever the Clown steps into a Antidote Gas Cloud and gains Haste.
- Fixed a Back button disappearance in the Search for Friends screen in 4k resolution.
- Fixed an issue where holding the backspace key to clear the chat didn’t work anymore.
- Fixed an issue that caused some of Claudette’s head icons to appear darker.
- Fixed an issue that caused bots to sometimes enter lockers while in the killer’s view.
- Fixed an issue that caused an error to sometimes occur while linking accounts.
- Fixed an issue that caused an error to sometimes occur while unlinking an unified account.
- Fixed an issue that caused “” to be displayed in the public match and tally chats instead when entering blank text.
- Fixed an issue that caused a pallet that can’t be vaulted near the main building in Wretched Shop.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Executioner’s SFX to be delayed when he plants his blade into the ground.
- Fixed an issue that caused a missing SFX during the chains animation when wearing the Chatterer outfit.
- Fixed an issue that caused the splash SFX to be muffled when a survivor is hooked at certain locations in the Springwood map.
- Add-on text in non-English languages is not completely updated / translated.
- Several totems on various maps cannot be snuffed by the Killer.
- A totem next to a window in the Mine building in the Suffocation Pit map cannot be cleansed.
- When a Survivor cleanses a totem the pieces appear to explode.
- The camera becomes stuck partway through the Plague’s mori for Yun-Jin.
- While inside the boon totem radius, Survivors screen briefly becomes fully covered by the boon totem vignette when the Killer switches between Charlotte and Victor.
- The Trapper can place a bear trap at the beginning of the Tutorial.
- The Executioner’s hand does not rotate properly when picking up a Survivor.
- Female Survivors faces are distorted when chained by Chain Hunt.
- Female Survivors become stuck in the Lament Configuration solving animation if the Cenobite has previously teleported near them solving it.
- The Cenobite’s chains are momentarily stretched and flicker at the start of his mori.
- Survivors organs appear black during the Hag’s mori.
- Blood does not pour out of Mikaela’s mouth during the Ghost Face mori.
- The perk Guardian (formerly Babysitter) external buff icon displays the icon for Babysitter.
- The Repressed Alliance perk description has the wrong value at tier 1.
- The Hex: Retribution perk description is not properly updated.
- Pig’s add-on “Video Tape” is disabled during the PTB
- Survivors run in place when opening the hatch.
Made a series of small changes to The Trapper. Now, 6 traps will always spawn (not including the traps you load in carrying). This takes away some of the random element in playing The Trapper and makes each match feel more consistent.
The Trapper will now be able to carry—and start with—two bear traps by default. This will help you get up and running quicker without relying on add-ons. The Trapper’s bag add-ons have been adjusted or repurposed accordingly.
Finally, on the subject of add-ons, we’ve done a pass on some of his least used add-ons and either increased their effects, removed their downsides, or gave them new effects entirely.
Tension Spring (Very Rare Bear Trap Add-On)
A high tension spring that snaps back into place after being stretched.
- A bear Trap resets 2 seconds after a Survivor escapes from it.
Trapper Sack (Very Rare Bear trap Add-On)
A crude leather sack suitable for foraging.
- All Bear Traps are carried at the beginning of the Trail instead of spawning on the map.
- Bear Traps cannot be picked up.
Made some changes that aim to increase The Spirit skill ceiling whilst also giving Survivors some counterplay.
When close to The Spirit’s husk, Survivors will not receive any indication that The Spirit is phase walking. Originally this was intended to be a fun mind game (“Is she using her power, or is she faking it?”), though in practice, it often doesn’t feel that way. This lack of feedback forces you to make a guess and hope it pays off, which can be great when it works out in your favour, but can also feel awful when it doesn’t.
To add more skill into The Spirit’s counterplay, we’re making two changes:
- Any Survivor within 24m of The Spirit will now hear a directional phase sound. This lets you know whether or not she is phasing and also gives you a rough idea of which direction she’s coming from.
- The Spirit’s footsteps will now kick up dust while she is phasing. Keen Survivors may be able to pinpoint where she is, but tall grass and other obstacles may make it difficult.
Additionally, we’ve done a pass on some of The Spirit’s add-ons to bring them more in line and make the lesser used add-ons more appealing. Like The Trapper, some of these changes are small tweaks while others are completely new effects.
Currently, there is almost no delay between aiming down sights and being able to fire your weapon. Likewise, there is almost no delay between cancelling your shot and going for a basic attack. Additionally, since there’s almost no delay, the Survivor must constantly dodge and run erratically just in case the Killer decides to shoot.
With that in mind, we’ve made the following changes:
- You can no longer shoot until you have fully aimed down sights
- Increased the delay after cancelling your shot before you can start a Basic Attack
- Decreased movement speed penalty while aiming down sights
Increased The Deathslinger’s terror radius to 32m. The Deathslinger is the only ranged Killer that does not have a “lullaby”, which meant terror radius reducing perks like Monitor & Abuse could allow you to get close enough to surprise and hit a Survivor without them getting any warning whatsoever.
First, we looked at infected objects. Previously, interacting with something would cause your infection to increase faster. We’re adding an additional penalty to interacting with something that is currently infected, meaning your infection will increase even faster than before. Additionally, we’ve increased the base infection duration on objects (like generators) from 35 seconds to 40 seconds. These changes will make infecting objects feel much more impactful.
Next, we turned to her Vile Purge. The Plague takes a massive hit to her movement speed whenever she is on cooldown (after purging or cancelling her purge). We’ve increased her movement speed from 2.3m/s while on cooldown to 3.6m/s. This will cause her to lose far less ground when she does so.
One of the things that felt really bad for the Killer was when you let get of your power button a little too soon, causing your power to be cancelled entirely. Now, tapping the button or letting go before the minimum threshold will cause your power to continue charging until the minimum amount has been reached. (Basically, it now works like the Huntress’ hatchet.)
Finally, we’ve increased the time it takes to cleanse at a fountain from 6 seconds to 8 seconds.
Like the other Killers that are changing in this update, we’ve revisited The Plague’s add-ons as well and did a complete pass on some of the less powerful or rarely used ones.
KILLER ADD-ONS UPDATE
We have done a pass on all Killer add-ons to list their exact effects. We plan to extend this to the rest of the game—Items, perks, etc.—in the future.
On top of that, Killer add-ons that apply a status effect will now have a brief description of what that status effect does.
While our designers were going through hundreds of Killer add-ons one by one to update their descriptions, they also noted down a few for changes as well. There’s far too many to list here, but we’ve changed some add-ons for the following Killers:
- The Hillbilly
- The Nurse
- The Shape
- The Hag
- The Oni
- The Blight
- The Wraith
- The Pig
- The Ghost Face
These changes focus mostly on unused add-ons, or add-ons that are too weak/powerful.
Windows of Opportunity
Much like Zanshin Tactics, we’re removing the cooldown from this perk entirely. We’re also increasing the range to 24/28/32m as well. Go away, cooldown, we don’t want you here!
Repressed Alliance has the potential to save a good chunk of progress when timed well, but due to the high requirements for the perk to activate, it can often not be ready by the time you need it. With that said, we’ve reduced the time required to activate the perk to 55/50/45 seconds.
Built to Last
This perk shipped with fairly safe numbers to make sure it couldn’t get out of hand, but that ended up making it a pretty unpopular choice. We’ve reworked it to be far more effective at what it’s meant to do.
Hiding in a locker for 14/13/12 seconds with a depleted item in your hand will cause it to refill 99% of its charges. Each use of Built to Last reduced the number of charges refilled by 33%.
Any Means Necessary
Previously, we reduced the cooldown of Any Means Necessary and saw more people start to use it. It’s still not quite where we’d like it to be, so we’ve added an aura reading effect on all dropped pallets. This way, as soon as it’s ready, you’ll know exactly where you can use it!
No Mither allows you to trade a health state for other bonuses, but these bonuses aren’t strong enough to warrant using the perk. We’ve increased the Grunts of Pain reduction to 25/50/75%. Additionally, we added a 15/20/25% increase recovery speed while in the dying state.
Side note: Yes, we know a lot of you use this perk as sort of a “hard mode”. We’re not looking to completely get rid of that, as silly as it may be.
This is a simple one: Survivors who are working on a generator will now suffer from Blindness in addition to Exhaustion. This’ll cause the perk to not only prevent the use of Exhaustion perks, but also any aura reading that the Survivor may have.
Nice and simple: We’re increasing the recovery rate from 10/15/20% to 20/25/30%. Additionally, Vigil will now increase the recovery rate of the Broken, Exposed, and Oblivious status effects as well (where applicable). In short, more situations where it’s useful, and even faster recovery too.
Another small tweak: The rescued Survivor will now receive a speed boost for 4/6/8 seconds in addition to not leaving Scratch Marks or Pools of Blood. The aura reading duration has also been doubled.
For the People
For the People can create some amazing moments, but the trade-off of being Broken can make it very risky to justify using. We’re decreasing the duration of the Broken status effect from 110/100/90 seconds to 80/70/60 seconds.
Previously, Hex: Retribution would only make a Survivor Oblivious if they cleansed a dull totem. Now, interacting with any kind of totem will make them Oblivious. Additionally, we’ve increased the aura reading duration once a hex totem is cleansed to 15 seconds.
Hex: Blood Favor
This perk shipped with very safe conditions so it didn’t get out of control. Upon reflection, we feel comfortable with removing some of these restrictions. Hex: Blood Favor will no longer have a cooldown, and will also activate upon successful Special Attacks as well.
Hex: The Third Seal
Just like the above, we’ve added Special Attacks to Hex: Third Seal as well. This should make the perk more practical on Killers that focus more on dealing damage with their power.
Hex: Thrill of the Hunt
With Boon perks making their way to the game (more on this soon!), we decided to give Thrill of the Hunt some love by extending the speed penalty from Cleansing to Blessing as well.
ITEM & CHARACTER KILL SWITCH
Last but not least, let’s talk about a game health feature: The Item & Character Kill Switch. With over 50 playable characters and their cosmetics, nearly 200 perks and hundreds more add-ons and offerings in the game, sometimes things do break. Rarely, things will break in a way that makes them exploitable, and that can make the next week or two before a fix really rough.
Enter the Kill Switch. (It’s actually a lot nicer than it sounds!)
The Kill Switch allows us to disable anything that’s causing an issue without needing an update. When something breaks and becomes exploitable, we switch it off until it is fixed. This is something we’ve been able to do with maps for a while now to great effect. Disabled items & characters will be clearly marked and cannot be selected.
Introducing new gameplay around Totems. These will add an extra objective around the map and much like Killers Hex Totems, are tied to Survivor Perks.
Survivors will be able to bless a totem to change it into a Boon Totem and these blessings are designed to offer comfort to the Survivor Team, a small safe haven. However, unlike a Hex Totem, the Killer can also quickly interact with the created Boon Totem to completely remove the associated blessing, once again turning it into a dull totem, they will also be able to hear the Boon Totem when in its range.
Each Survivor can only have one Boon Totem active at a time. This Boon Totem will combine the effects of all of their equipped Boon perks.
This will add some more strategic decisions for survivors to make when it comes to their interactions with Totems.
Download links for Dead by Daylight update 5.3.0 will be available soon on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One.
Tags: Dead by Daylight Patch NotesPC GamingPS4Xbox OneSours: https://updatecrazy.com/dead-by-daylight-dbd-update-5-3-0-patch-notes-details/
Patch 1.0.1 - 17 June 2016
- Fixed various chainsaw sounds
- Fixed various hook sounds
- Adjusted visual for the match results text
- Fixed an issue that could cause eye popping during a hook rescue
- Fixed various issues that could result in floating chests and barricades
- Fixed an issue that could cause drastic framerate drops when healing fellow survivors
- Fixed an issue that could cause bloodpoints to display a negative value when players earned more points than their previous total
- Fixed an issue that cause the killer to play a "carrying attack" animation after hooking a survivor
- Fixed various issues that could occur if a player sabotaged a hook while a killer hooks someone
- Fixed an issue that could cause the killer to get stuck in objects when interrupting survivor actions
- Added missing shadows to the campfire
- Adjusted certain fire materials
- Adjusted certain emissive materials
- Adjusted certain effects on Meg's hair
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from disarming traps when holding a toolbox
- Modified a certain hill tile to prevent certain collision issues
- Fixed an issue that could cause escaped players' outlines to be shown to hooked players
- Fixed certain issues that could occur when a hooked player disconnects
- Item addons will now function properly if the item is given to another player
- Adjustments to male and female run animations
- Fixed an issue could cause the "Zealous" achievement to be awarded incorrectly
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck if the player healing them taps the input rather than holding it
- Fixed an issue that could result in a broken lobby transition when accepting a private lobby invitation while watching a tutorial video
- Fixed various UI issues in the Kill Your Friends lobby
- Rapidly pressing on "Loadout" and "Switch Role" will no longer result in the loadout background to be displayed without the menu
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when pressing alt-F4 during the intro video
- The "Saboteur" perk was missing its skill check difficulty adjustment. It has been fixed.
- The "Spine Chill" and "Premonition" perks were not working correctly. They have been fixed.
- Fixed a graphical issue that could occur when a player leaves the match during the sacrifice sequence
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to incorrectly lose rank pips when in the tally screen
- Fixed an issue that could cause the host player to crash when leaving a public match
- Fixed an issue that could cause daily rituals to behave incorrectly for new players
- Fixed an issue that could cause the category of maxed out score events to be replaced by "none"
- Fixed an issue that could leave a lobby in a state unable to receive new players
- Fixed an issue where healing a survivor would reward the points to the survivor that got healed, rather that the healer.
Patch 1.0.1a - 22 June 2016
- Added art book for owners of the Deluxe Edition
Patch 1.0.2 - 29 June 2016
- Adjusted cooldown of "Sprint Burst"
- "We'll Make It" now only affects healing others, and its maximum bonus has been reduced
- Various balance changes to healing build perks, survivalist build perks and healing items
- Adjusted spawn location weights for chests and generators
- Adjusted various score values
- Crows will now notify killers of survivors who bore the Entity by being too still for too long
- The Wraith now has better things to do than cloak and uncloak repeatedly for points
- Adjusted window vaulting mechanics for killers and survivors
- "Spies from the Shadows" will no longer be triggered when the killer disturbs the crows
- Added a 5 second delay before joining a new game after leaving lobby
- Killers are now awarded sacrifice points if a survivor leaves the game
- Killers are now awarded bonus points if a survivor disconnects
- Unspent blood points are now capped
- Adjusted certain matchmaking values
- Various changes to basement, mine and blood lodge
- Adjusted distortion effects during the sacrifice sequence
- Adjusted smoke and materials when spawning characters
- UI updates to the tally, loadout and inventory screens
- The tally screen should now display the proper status for players that left or disconnected
- Increased penalties for disconnecting or leaving a game
- Animation polish
- Fixed an issue which could cause "No One Escapes Death" to grant an incorrect attack cooldown reduction
- Fixed an issue that could cause the killer's camera to clip when picking up a survivor
- Fixed an issue that could cause loud noise indicators to be seen in the tally screen
- Fixed an issue that could stop a survivor from running when pressing the item use button when no interactions are available
- Fixed an issue that could cause the trapper's addons to only affect his starting trap
- Fixed a matchmaking issue that could cause some players to be unable to play as the killer
- Fixed an issue that could cause the survivor's HP (bleed out) bar to not update properly on the survivor's screen
- Fixed an issue that could cause The Wraith to flicker when dissolving
- Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong animation to play after picking up a survivor
- Fixed an issue which could cause players not to derank after achieving rank 1
- Fixed an issue which could block movement when The Hillbilly destroys an obstacle with the chainsaw
- Fixed an issue where survivors couldn’t run away while getting healed
- Fixed an issue which could cause players to get stuck on the hill
- Various audio fixes
- The Entity now manifests at the sacrificial hook in its proper glory
Patch 1.0.2a - 30 June 2016
- Fixed jittery walking animations for survivors
Patch 1.0.2b - 30 June 2016
- Fixed placement of bear traps near windows
- Fixed picking up of crawling survivors near windows
Patch 1.0.2c - 30 June 2016
- Capped blood points at 500,000
- Fix Wraith point farming when cloaking / uncloaking next to injured survivors
- Fix for some killer add-ons not working (Wraith, Trapper)
- Fixed PIP penalties for leaving a game
Patch 1.0.2d - 30 June 2016
- Fixed an issue that could slow down or break matchmaking for some killers
Patch 1.0.3 - 11 July 2016
- Fixed entity visible at the start of the hook sequence
- Fixed interruption on hatch causing the survivor to turn invisible
Survive With Friends (V1)
This initial implementation of Survive With Friends will allow for a group of survivors to be created and to matchmake into a ranked lobby together. It should be used in a similar fashion as the Kill Your Friends Mode:
Note: After playing a game, the survivor group will be automatically disbanded and all members will be returned to their single player survivor lobby. We are working on maintaining the party between games, and you can expect this to come in a follow up patch.
Patch 1.0.3a - 14 July 2016
- Matchmaking changes to prepare for Survivor Groups
Patch 1.0.3b - 14 July 2016
- Added support for Survivor With Friends (V1)
Patch 1.0.4 - 26 July 2016
- Additional Survivor customisation Items (one set per Survivor)
- Survivor Gestures (1 & 2 on Keyboard, D-Pad Up & D-Pad Down on Controller)
- Russian & Chinese Localisation
- New Coldwind Farm Map (Fractured Cowshed)
- Increased support for catching players tampering with game files
- Level design & art adjustments to reduce infinite window loops
- Added dynamic spawning of window blockers
- Removed the possibility to place bear trap really close (or on top) of each other
- Fixed escaping of the level when running towards the exit and caught in a bear trap
- Fixed hatch noise being audible even if the hatch is invisible
- Fixed locker interior being visible in the distance
- Fixed locker blocking placement of bear traps
- Fixed some issues with objects appearing too clearly through fog and in low-end
- Fixed issue with chainsaw add-ons making it impossible to fully heal a survivor
- Fixed some cases where the survivor used killer customisation parts when entering a private lobby
- Fixed returning to a lobby from a private match causing an infinite load for the Host
- Fixed countdown not occurring in private lobby if a party member leaves while readied-up
- Fixed some cases where bear traps could be farmed for points by survivors
- Fixed some cases where players would not lose pips (disconnect penalty) while exiting an active game
- Fixed scoring event localization
- Fixed hatch appearance frequency on certain maps
- Fixed black nodes appearing on the blood web (and force regenerate invalid blood webs)
Patch 1.0.5 - 4 August 2016
- Fixed an issue which could cause Steam Stats & Achievements to get reset
- Fixed an issue preventing the trapper from placing traps near sabotaged traps
- Fixed an issue which could cause killer prestige weapons to flicker in game
- Fixed an issue that caused the Saboteur perk to decrease sabotage speed when using a toolbox
- Fixed an issue which could cause survivors to lose pips when the killer leaves the game (known issues with the Tally not properly displaying the pips & blood points status in such cases)
- Fixed an issue which caused the perk "Whispers" to trigger when near dead or sacrificed survivors
- Fixed an issue which could render a downed survivor unable to interact or be interacted with if a pickup interaction would fail
- Removed the ability for a survivor to disarm or sabotage traps while walking or running
- Added a penalty to the wiggle build-up when a killer puts a survivor down
- Bloodhound: Fresh blood marks can be for 2/3/4 seconds longer than normal (up from 1/2/3)
Our data indicates that Bloodhound is underpowered. In order to make this perk more viable, we have chosen to increase the duration of how long the blood marks are visible. With a longer blood trail, there are more chances you’ll pick up the scent and be able to start your hunt. We kept its powerful synergy with Sloppy Butcher in mind:
- Sloppy Butcher: Increased the frequency of bleeding for tiers I and II. Decreased the frequency of bleeding for tier III.
We rebalanced the amount of blood spawned when affected by sloppy butcher. We feel the new balance is closer to the intended gameplay: being able to track a survivor. The injured survivor needs to use the environment to break the line of blood splatter using grass and other techniques to obscure their trail until they are healed (or killed). Overall this perk should be more a more viable option for killers’ loadouts at all levels. A good killer at this point should be able to follow the blood trail on most maps.
- Brutal Strength: Increased barricade destruction speed bonus to 20%/30%/40% (up from 10%/20%/30%)
Brutal Strength is a good perk that is being picked, but not as often as the more popular perks. We have decided that a slight boost should allow for more dynamic play and enough of a boost to merit equipping this perk.
- Insidious: Decreased time taken to become stealthy to 4/3/2 seconds (down from 6/4/3)
This is one of our favorite perks. However, in its current form, it can be too slow to use with the current pace of the game. The idle time required is often too high a price to pay, especially at level I. We have lowered time required to become stealthy for all tiers of the perk. Survivors, take your time to look around before you do you anything risky!
- Iron Grasp: Fixed description and decreased wiggle reduction effect to 20%/40%/60% (down from 25%/50%/75%)
We want to add a bit more challenge for the killer when transporting a victim with Iron Grasp. As it currently stands (due mostly to sneaky sabotaging survivors!) we chose not to reduce the time required to struggle out. However, we did reduce the wiggle force reduction to allow survivors to fight back a bit better. We also updated the description of the struggle time effect to match the values that were already in-game.
- No One Escapes Death: Added a time limit of 120 seconds and reduced movement speed bonus to 3%/4%/4% (down from 3%/5%/5%)
No One Escapes Death is probably one of the game’s most controversial perks, and certainly one of the most often picked. By adding a time limit to the perk, we’re encouraging killers to try a “berserker blitz” where they have to hunt and find survivors as fast as possible, rather than camp strategic points. The very slight movement speed decrease will help some survivors get away during these 2 terrifying minutes. With these changes in place, we believe that this perk will no longer be a “must-have” for every killer loadout, but still be a viable option.
- Shadowborn: Reduced the field of view bonus for all tiers
This perk has was so strong that it was a no-brainer to always use it, especially given the rarity of flashlight experts out there. The FOV difference should still be high enough to be noticeable and give an advantage to those who use this perk, without being an automatic pick.
- Spies from the Shadows: Increased odds to trigger the effect to 50%/50%/75% (up from 25%/50%/75%) and increased range to 16/24/36 meter (from 12/24/36)
We believe this perk is fine at tiers II and III but the first tier of this perk could use a boost. Increasing the chance that the crows give a visual cue and increasing the range should make this perk viable even at tier I.
Even though the numbers appear unchanged, they are now added to the base chance rather than acting as a multiplier on them. This will greatly increase the probability of skill checks being triggered when in the terror radius of the killer.
Patch 1.0.5a - 8 August 2016
- Integrate additional analytics to investigate failures to join lobby & matchmaking
Patch 1.0.5b - 9 August 2016
- Fixed an issue that caused Unnerving Presence to cause skill-checks on some non-skill-check based charge interactions (recover, open door, ...)
Patch 1.0.6 - 12 August 2016
- Adjust PIP reward zones to 0 / 7000 / 10000 / 20000 for receiving -1, 0, 1 and 2 pips respectively.
Patch 1.1.0 - 18 August 2016
- Added a new location (Crotus Prenn Asylum)
- Added a new map for Crotus Prenn Asylum (Disturbed Ward)
- Added a new Survivor Perk (Kindred)
- Added chat functionality to the Tally Screen (available until server becomes unavailable)
- Added support for Controls remapping
- Added various prompts to indicate Easy-Anti Cheat banned status
- New Killer Character Available (The Nurse)
- New Survivor Character Available (Nea Karlsson)
- Tooltip for add-ons has a mention to indicate that they can’t be equipped (if not compatible with the current item)
- Added an angle tolerance for triggering the fast window vault interaction
- Added a loud noise trigger upon sabotaging a hook
- Added a new mechanic that will slow characters down after landing from a high enough point
- Adjusted sound levels for entering / exiting closets and being inside a closet
- Adjusted the Chainsaw’s long guide bar add-on to reduce the possibilities of triggering the attack without successfully landing a hit
- Changed “Rank 1” display to behave like other ranks (displays the number of pips)
- Chase trigger conditions have been adjusted
- Scoring Adjustment – Balanced Hillbilly scoring events
- Scoring Adjustment – Balanced Wraith scoring events
- Scoring Adjustment – Increased scoring for hook struggling
- Scoring Adjustment – Reduced score for placing a bear trap as Trapper
- Scoring Adjustment – Reduced score for sabotage actions
- Self-heal interaction is now only available when stopped
- Adjusted leaving penalties to not apply when crashing
- Adjusted survivors visuals so that they fade into the fog in the distance
- Fixed an issue which caused a survivor struggling on the hook to be sacrificed if another survivor tried to unhook him but stopped midway
- Fixed an issue which caused customization items to be applied on wrong characters
- Fixed an issue which caused customization slots to be greyed out and made it impossible to customize parts of certain characters
- Fixed an issue which caused killer to sometimes only lose a single pip when leaving a game (now set to 3 pips)
- Fixed an issue which caused killers to get stuck at the end of an interaction (vault, hook, pickup) while playing in low or medium settings
- Fixed an issue which caused Perk Slots to be automatically unlocked when Prestiging
- Fixed an issue which caused perks that affect other players to still be displayed in their HUD after the owner player dies or is sacrificed
- Fixed an issue which caused survivors to clip halfway through the ground after being put in a crawling state in a slope
- Fixed an issue which caused the Barricade Killer Stun & Destroy Barricade scoring events to not be awarded
- Fixed an issue which caused the Hillbilly to be able to break a plank during his chainsaw recovery
- Fixed an issue which caused the killer to interrupt a survivor’s escape from his shoulder grasp by attacking
- Fixed an issue which caused the list of players in the lobby in a Kill Your Friends Match to be invalid
- Fixed an issue which caused the Map & Key Items to continuously emit sound for other players when depleted
- Fixed an issue which caused the perk “Whispers” to trigger on survivors in paradise
- Fixed an issue which caused the prompts for disarm and sabotage to be both displayed in quick succession (disarm is now required prior to sabotaging)
- Fixed an issue which caused the recover or self-heal prompts to display when getting interrupted while entering a locker
- Fixed an issue which caused the recover prompt to take precedence over the Hatch Escape prompt in dying state
- Fixed an issue which caused the skill check marker to keep animating for a small amount of time after hitting the skill check button
- Fixed an issue which caused the stillness crows to change height when a survivor crouches
- Fixed an issue which caused the Wraith to be able to attack while turning fully invisible
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible to sabotage a bear trap if the trapper is wielding the Tinkerer perk and some add-ons
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible to unlock the Perfect Killing achievement
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for survivors to obtain the Escaped status while being in the killer’s grasp
- Fixed offering descriptions & rarities being mismatches during the offering sequence when more than one offering was played
- Fixed various issues that could cause the tally screen & character status (Rank & Bloodpoints) to display incorrect values
- Various localization fixes for Chinese & Russian
Patch 1.1.0a - 19 August 2016
- Fixed a crash happening on the loading screen
- Fixed an issue which allowed the Nurse to obtain scoring points when blink attacking a survivor on the hook
- Fixed an issue which caused player to not see every other survivor in an online lobby after joining as a survivor group
- Fixed an issue which caused the loud noise to not trigger on fast window vaults
- Fixed an issue which caused the medium speed window vault to be triggered instead of the fast one
- Fixed an issue which caused the player rank to not display properly until updated
Patch 1.1.0b - 19 August 2016
- Adjusted the catch-up speed for the Nurse
- Adjusted matchmaking parameters to discard older lobbies and reduce the potential of connecting to dead lobbies
- Adjusted the Nurse camera angle when breaking pallets & getting stunned
- Fixed a potential crash while healing (towards completion)
- Fixed a potential loading screen crash
- Fixed an issue which causes players to lose their item after the game begins if equipped with Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe, Styptic Agent or Brand New Part
- Fixed an issue which made generator highlights invisible to killers & survivors with maps when left at 99.9% completion
Patch 1.1.0c - 19 August 2016
- Fixed an issue which caused exited lobbies to be kept available (should alleviate matchmaking difficulties)
Patch 1.1.0d - 19 August 2016
- Fixes an issue which caused the leaving penalty (3 pips) to be applied to certain players upon lauching the game.
Patch 1.1.0e - 22 August 2016
- Fixed an issue which causes some players to be unable to save their game
Patch 1.1.0f - 23 August 2016
- Adjusted attack and hit detection zone for Killers
- Hide Survivor information UI bubbles indicating Name, Level & Rank in Public Lobbies
- Fixed an issue which caused all Perk & Add-Ons revealing survivor outlines to not work at all
- Fixed an issue which caused the survivor hair to be visible over generator outlines
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible to remove some equipped prestige parts for the Nurse
- Fixed an issue which made it possible a killer to attack or interrupt through some walls
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for the Hillbilly to run infinitely against a collision and accumulate points
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for the Nurse to interrupt, pick up or interact during the blink stun period
- Fixed an issue which made it possible to lunge attack without looking at the target
Patch 1.1.1 - 30 August 2016
- Adjusted Reset Controls to Default to apply to the current page only (killer / survivor & controller / keyboard)
- Adjusted pallet overlap with a slasher (on drop down) to teleport the slasher away from survivor instead of the same side
- Adjusted pallet stun to apply at the beginning of the pallet drop instead of the end
- Fixed an issue which caused a survivor to get stuck if a player healing him would disconnect or leave during the interaction
- Fixed an issue which caused a survivor to visually sink in the ground when using a gesture while crouched
- Fixed an issue which caused the flashlight stun drop to not activate while a killer attacks or drops a survivor
- Fixed an issue which caused the Iron Will Perk to not work as described (sound dampening reduction was lower than expected, and the local player did not hear the proper levels)
- Fixed an issue which caused the Lightborn Perk to not display in the HUD and to not work as described
- Fixed an issue which made it possible to exit out of sabotage early by using a gesture
- Fixed for game client crashing when disconnecting from the server & when leaving the tally after a game
- Updated FX visuals and additional optimization (telekinesis, burned trees, leaves, pallet)
- Updated the Nurse Memento Mori animation
Patch 1.1.1a - 30 August 2016
- Fixed an issue which caused pallet stun to maximize Boldness points for Survivors
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for players to walk through arch structures in Asylum
Patch 1.1.1b - 13 September 2016
- Disabled the use of macros while the game is running
- Fixed an issue which cause the Season Reset to not trigger
- Fixed an issue which caused promo customization items to only appear for users that owned them
- Fixed an issue which made it possible to exceed the maximum turn-rate of the chainsaw by using the both a mouse and keyboard (or a controller) simultaneously
Patch 1.1.2 - 23 September 2016
- Added a new set of 13 Item Add-Ons
- Added a new set of 10 Offerings
- Added a new set of 29 Power Add-Ons
- Added 9 new Item variations.
- New Survivor Customization Items Available (80s Pack DLC)
- New Killer Customization (Weapons)
- Added a reservation step prior to joining a Lobby (making sure there’s a spot available prior to transitioning)
- As survivors, interval of ranks for which you are searching will not expand anymore (expansion is limited to Killers)
- Searching for games now will search non-stop until a game is found (this can be cancelled out of)
- Added a toggle button for the Chat in Lobby & Tally (display / hide)
- Added automatic sorting of Items, Add-Ons & Offerings in the Inventory (by Compatibility, Rarity and then Name)
- Added a bear trap immunity period after exiting a trap or being dropped by the killer (a player can’t be trapped for a certain period of time after either of these interactions)
- Added a new mechanic that causes windows to become blocked for a short duration if a survivor uses the same window too frequently in a short period of time (only visible and blocked for the Survivor)
- Adjusted spawning proximity values (reduce the chance of spawning in clumps of Survivors)
- Adjusted the recovery time for Survivors in dying state (recovery in dying state is now twice as fast)
- Implemented additional interactivity between the Flashlight and the Nurse (Flashlight can interrupt charge & chain blinking and cause a stun)
- Rebalanced Map & Flashlight Scoring Values
- Some Nurse Addons have been rebalanced (Pocket Watch, Wooden Horse, Bad Man’s Keepsake, Catatonic Boy’s Treasure)
- Stillness crows (level crows) do not fly off anymore when a Survivor crouches or crouch walks
- Survivors being healed from the crawling state are not animated anymore (makes it more difficult for the Killer to identify this through Outlines, like with Deerstalker)
- The Nurse “Nurse’s Calling” Perk range has been reduced
- The Nurse base blink amount has been reduced from 3 to 2
- The Nurse base movement speed has been reduced
- Disabled V-Sync while the game is in Windowed Full Screen (default) mode (should provide a performance increase in various circumstances)
- Fixed an issue which caused “Prove Thyself” to remain active even if the wielder of the perk would die or disconnect
- Fixed an issue which caused “Whispers” & “Spies from the Shadows” to trigger on dead & disconnected survivors
- Fixed an issue which caused disconnected Survivors to count towards sacrifice achievements
- Fixed an issue which caused hair (and other dynamically animated geometry) to get stuck in various buildings (Asylum, Shack)
- Fixed an issue which caused part of The Wraith head’s geometry to be visible in first person when walking while invisible
- Fixed an issue which caused players to stand-up after vaulting when crouched
- Fixed an issue which caused survivors to jitter when put on the hook (usually the first time)
- Fixed an issue which caused survivors to spawn with default customization items when accepting an invite from outside the game
- Fixed an issue which caused the “Shroud of Separation” & “Should of Binding” offerings to not have any effect
- Fixed an issue which caused the bear trap to change position & orientation every time the killer would step on it
- Fixed an issue which caused the Flashlight Stun Drop to not be triggered while hooking up and picking up a Survivor
- Fixed an issue which caused the Killer’s intro sequence to not play (which in turn caused part of the killer’s head geometry to stay visible during gameplay)
- Fixed an issue which caused the killer matchmaking to search for a wider range of ranks after survivors would join a Lobby
- Fixed an issue which caused the Nurse to move too quickly when holding a Survivor
- Fixed an issue which caused the Pallet Stun Drop to not be triggered if the survivor was wiggling on the killer’s shoulder
- Fixed an issue which caused the players to be transitioned to paradise but to still be considered in the game
- Fixed an issue which could cause a survivor do dies instantaneously on the hook if another survivor would cancel the unhook interaction
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible for some people to type in chat because of invalid characters in their Steam Name (specifically “&”, “<”, “>”)
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible for the Hillbilly to chainsaw a crouching survivor down a hill
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible to activate the Memento Mori from certain directions
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for a survivor to get stuck on a loading screen when accepting a lobby invite while the last spot is getting taken
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for players to keep using the flashlight when getting injured to the dying state
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for players to skip the end of the sabotage interaction by dropping an item
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for some interactions to be activated through a collision
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for the Hillbilly to bump up a collision when colliding with the chainsaw
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for the Nurse to blink on top of pallets
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for the Nurse to interrupt during the blink cooldown phase
- Fixed an issue which made it possible to obtain boldness points if another survivor would disconnect on the hook
Patch 1.1.2a - 27 September 2016
- Adjusted Flashlight Burn out of Invisibility (350 down from 1000)
- Disabled the possibility of flashlight stuns during Hooking & Picking Up Animations
- Fixed an issue causing Survive With Friends groups to be kicked back to the main menu
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to open the hatch with a key (Dull & Skeleton)
Patch 1.1.2b - 28 September 2016
- Added analytics for better tracking of players getting booted out of killer lobbies upon joining
- Fixed an issue causing missing collisions on certain Asylum walls
- Increased timeout on matchmaking reservations (should decrease matchmaking times)
Patch 1.1.2c - 29 September 2016
- Adjusted the EAC Integrity Violation Message
- Fixed an issue causing some players to be kicked out of a lobby quickly after joining and receiving the “Cheater Detected” message
Patch 1.1.2d - 3 October 2016
- Solution for maze tiles (aka “jungle gyms”) has been implemented randomizing the number of vaults and limiting it to one.
Patch 1.1.2e - 6 October 2016
- Fixed an issue causing some players to not get access to DLC Customization Item after purchasing it (80s Pack)
- Fixed an issue making it possible to keep customization items in your inventory after refunding a purchase
Patch 1.2.0 (PTB) - 18 October 2016
- Art – Added a new visual FX to indicate the exit’s collision from the killer’s perspective
- Controls – Changed the killer break pallet interaction from Attack (M1) to Interact (Space)
- Feature – Added a new in-game currency rewarded based on play time, for use in the Shrine of Secrets (Iridescent Shards)
- Feature – Added the Shrine of Secrets
- Misc – Added Thai Localization Support
- UI – Added a new color scheme to perks in the HUD to indicate Buffs & Debuffs effects from other players
- UI – Adjusted “Cheater Detected” error message to reflect the proper error and error code (will facilitate support for these issues)
- UI – Revamped the Character Selection & Loadout UI
- Adjusted generator interaction progress while multiple survivors are working simultaneously on one
- Adjusted Matchmaking for Survive With Friends to be based on the average rank of the group (instead of the host’s rank)
- Adjusted skill check difficulty (zones have been reduced) and removed success bonus in “good” zone (only “great” skill checks will provide a progress bonus)
- Adjusted the height of the survivor’s collision capsule (made smaller)
- Adjusted the hook selection mechanism to be location based instead of killer based (hooks will now match the map location instead of the killer)
- Adjusted vault snapping speed and added angle cut-off for the different type of vaults
- Adjusted the “Insidious” Perk Conditions to not trigger when the killer performs interactions
- Changes to the Maze Tiles (aka “jungle gyms”) have been removed (from patch 1.1.2d)
- Integrated a new vault animation for second floor (or off the ground) windows for killers (prevents them from dropping mid-way through the interaction)
- The Wraith does not trigger crows anymore when cloaked
- Fixed an issue causing a sync problem between the server and clients if a survivor would stun the killer while he pulls out a survivor out of a locker
- Fixed an issue causing Nea to play an incorrect facial animation during Unlock Exit & Healing interaction
- Fixed an issue causing players to use the wrong loadout when switching characters (it would be possible to use the loadout from the previous character)
- Fixed an issue causing some daily rituals to appear as completed even though they are not
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to appear as Level 0 in Kill Your Friends lobbies
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to hear their own screams while in injured state with the “Iron Will” Perk equipped
- Fixed an issue causing the bear trap to play the trapped sound effect when picked up
- Fixed an issue causing the Commodious Toolbox repair to be the same speed as the Engineer’s Toolbox
- Fixed an issue causing the progress for the “Way of Light” ritual to not apply if getting interrupted while opening the exit gate
- Fixed an issue causing the survivor to visually detach from the killer’s shoulder while the killer hits a surface by attacking
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for a survivor to get trap in a bear trap while another survivor would attempt to disarm it
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a survivor bloodweb to contain killer content
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a survivor to climb up a collision by crouching
- Fixed an issue making it possible for objects (generators, hooks, etc) to spawn outside of the boundaries of levels in the Macmillan Estate
- Fixed an issue making it possible for the Trapper to pick up traps through walls
- Fixed an issue making it possible to use a killer’s power on the tally screen
- Fixed an issue making it possible to use the flashlight through walls
- Fixed an issue causing the killer’s attacks on Asylum wall to not cause the hit-fail reaction
Patch 1.2.0 - 24 October 2016
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Audio - Added two new musics that play when in proximity of the killer or during a chase
- Audio - Added four new songs from the soundtrack to the menu music sequence
- Added randomization of pallet spawning inside the Asylum
- Adjusted random Map selection to have an equal distribution of Maps instead of Locations
- Adjusted the Wraith visuals to make him more difficult to see
- Reduced the Wraith sound loudness while cloaked
- The Unrelenting Perk attack cooldown reduction has been increased for all tiers
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect or no sounds to be played upon hitting various surfaces
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to share The Last Breath Chapter through family sharing (both characters are unlocked by default)
Patch 1.2.0b - 19 October 2016 (PTB) / 24 October 2016
- Fixed a display issue with the rewarding of Iridescent Shards on the Tally Screen
Patch 1.2.1 - 25 October 2016
- Content – Added a new location (Haddonfield)
- Content – Added a new map for Haddonfield (Lampkin Lane)
- Content – Added a new offering that allows to play as Michael Myers (appears on killers’ bloodwebs if you do not own the associated DLC) (refer to the dev message below for more details)
- Feature – Added the new Obsession Mechanic (refer to the dev message below for more details)
- Fixed an issue causing map calling tremendous offerings to have no effect
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a killer to hook a survivor instantly from the ground if picked up under a hook
- Fixed missing text for the Enduring Perk ("Recovery from physical stun condition caused by perks is increased by 20%" added)
Patch 1.2.1a - 26 October 2016
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to successfully stalk a survivor with The Shape at certain resolutions
Patch 1.2.1b - 27 October 2016
- Added a new Halloween themed head customization item for Trapper, Wraith, and Hillbilly
- Added an effect to the “Object of Obsession” Perk if the wielder of the perk is not the obsession (similar effect, shorter range)
- Added a forced save of the game after a perk has been bought in the Shrine of Secret
- Adjusted Chase & Proximity music levels
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to jump down from a roof through fence gaps in Haddonfield
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to navigate behind a specific bench in Haddonfield because of a rock too close to an hedge
- Fixed an issue making it possible for The Shape to stalk survivors inside closets
- Fixed an issue making it possible to jump on top of the Cabin building in Haddonfield
- Fixed an issue that caused a barrel to spawn underneath a hook in Haddonfield
- Fixed an issue that caused chases to end when entering Stalking mode with The Shape
- Fixed an issue that caused Laurie Strode’s voice to be Meg’s
- Fixed an issue that caused some Med-Kit Add-Ons to affect Self-Care and other interactions
- Fixed an issue that caused The Shape tier 3 kill action to consume a Memento Mori kill
- Readjusted game audio balance (this will cause a reduction in general volume)
Patch 1.2.1c - 7 November 2016
- Fixed a few in-game crashes
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to clip through survivor’s heads while opening the exit gates
- Fixed an issue making it possible for players to be able to randomly go through one another (temporarily having no collisions between specific players)
- Fixed an issue making it possible to push survivors away from hooks
- Fixed an issue making it possible to stalk survivors after they have escaped the level
PTB Nov 2016 - 9 November 2016 (PTB)
- Increased the initial phase of the sacrifice to be infinite
- There is a 5% chance to save yourself from the hook during this sequence
- There is 25% chance to be sent directly into the struggle phase when attempting to save yourself.
- Killers can now interact with uncompleted generators by pressing and holding the interaction button.
- Hooks auto-repair themselves after 2 minutes (from both sabotage and sacrifices)
- Sabotage meat hook time will be reduced from 20 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Disarm Bear trap time is reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Trapper Bear Trap Add-on - Fastening Tools –increased the Bear-Traps disable time
- Iron Grasp - Changed to - Your powerful hold on the survivors causes escapes to be nearly impossible. Effects of survivor struggling are reduced by 40%/50%/60%. Time to struggle out of your grasp is increased by 8%/10%/12%. (note that the text in game is NOT changed)
Patch 1.2.1d - 14 November 2016
- Added a cooldown period (after losing or gaining a charge) before a killer can gain an additional charge for the “Play with Your Food” Perk
- Added an additional modifier to the “Vanity Mirror” The Shape Add-On that slightly decreases the movement speed
- Reduced the maximum recovery percentage to 85% (down from 95%)
- The “Play with Your Food” speed increase bonus was adjusted to 3%/4%/5% (down from 5%/6%/7%)
- The “Tinkerer” Perk now affects 3 additional Add-Ons for The Shape (“Judith’s Journal”, “Memorial Flower”, “J. Myers Memorial”)
Patch 1.2.1e - 17 November 2016
- Added support for fixed duration blood points bonus events
- Adjusted accumulation of stalking points to be the same for any number of stalked survivors (simultaneously stalking multiple survivors does not increase the speed at which stalking points increase)
- Adjusted the minimum distance between bear traps to 1.5 meters (up from 0.6 meters)
- Fixed an issue causing blood points to sometimes start counting from a negative value in the Tally screen
- Modified the process of joining lobbies which results in reduced time to join a lobby after a game has been found
Patch 1.2.2 - 25 November 2016
- Added Legacy Prestige Outfits in Customization View (currently locked until they are available)
- Adjusted the Bloodweb generation to allow multiple perks on a single Bloodweb (the entity will always eat the remaining perk after the player selects one)
- Reduced the amount of nodes per Bloodweb for faster leveling up of characters
- Various other adjustments on Bloodweb generation (changing odds of appearance and content distribution)
Patch 1.2.2a - 25 November 2016
- Fixed an issue causing Legacy Prestige outfits to not be displayed in character customization
- Fixed an issue causing the CGVA Mask to be available in the character customization
Patch 1.2.2b - 28 November 2016
- Adjusted the starting round of the entity on the bloodweb to round 5 for levels 25+ (up from 4)
- Fixed decisive strike having no effect
Patch 1.3.0 - 6 December 2016
- Added a bell object and animation while the Wraith cloaks & de-cloaks
- Added a popup message when launching the game and the save game can’t be read (also disables saving of the game)
- Added additional information to Easy Anti-Cheat popup messages
- Added an option to adjust the menu music volume
- Added Legacy Customization Items for Dwight, Jake, Meg, Claudette, Nea, Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly & Nurse
- Added sorting (automatic) of customization items by rarity
- Added support for spectators in Kill Your Friends (there are now 5 non-killer slots that can be filled by a mix of survivors and spectators)
- Added support to rate the match in the Tally Screen
- Added support to report or give props to other players in the Tally Screen
- Added the Totem Mechanic (Dull Totems)
- Adjusted the display of bear trap placement to match the actual placement of the bear trap
- Re-integrated ready checkmarks & nameplates above survivors in online lobbies (without ranking and progression information)
- Activating the last required generator for a game will automatically activate all remaining generators
- Added a Scoring Event for 300 Brutality Points when doing a surprise uncloak attack with The Wraith (in addition to the Surprise Attack Deviousness points)
- Added a Scoring Event for 300 Brutality Points when landing a chainsaw hit with The Hillbilly (in addition to the Deviousness points)
- Added Affected by Tinkerer modifier to the following addons; Nurse: "Dull Bracelet", "Anxious Gasp", "Jenner's Last Breath", "Metal Spoon", "Bad Man's Keepsake", "Spasmodic Breath"; Trapper: "Strong Coil Spring", "4 Coil Spring", "Bloody Coil", "Fastening Tools"; Hillbilly: "Thompsons Mix", "Death Engravings", "Doom Engravings".
- Adjusted "Plunderer’s Instinct" (reduced aura reading distances for Levels 2 & 3, added a modifier to increase the rarity of items found for all levels)
- Adjusted "Vanity Mirror" & "Scratched Mirror" to provide bonus in the deviousness category (instead of brutality)
- Adjusted Asylum building modeling & level-design to add more randomness and reduce possibilities for infinites
- Adjusted Survivor vaulting animation to feel more fluid.
- Adjusted the "Balanced Landing" Perk (sprint duration increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds, cooldown decreased to 40 seconds from 60 seconds)
- Adjusted the "Calm Spirit" Perk, (new values are 80/90/100%, increased from 70/80/95%)
- Adjusted the "Decisive Strike" Perk (new values are 3/3.5/4 reduced from 3/4/5)
- Adjusted the "Hope" Perk (new values are 5/6/7 increased from 2/3/4, included a condition for this perk to be active only for 120 seconds after the exit gates are powered)
- Adjusted the "Sprint Burst" Perk so that recuperation time takes twice as long while running
- Adjusted the "Tinkerer" Perk to provide its bonus to positive modifiers (negative effects will be let unaffected by the perk)
- Adjusted the "Urban Evasion" Perk (new values are 40/45/50 increased from 10/12/15)
- Adjusted the Hatch Escape interaction to be available from all incoming angles
- Adjusted the number of pallets and hooks in various maps (ongoing)
- Adjusted the parameters for the entity window blocking mechanic & added a condition that requires a recent chase to have happened for windows to be blocked
- Adjusted The Shape Evil Within Scoring (500 bloodpoints upon raising the Evil Within Tier, up to 2000 bloodpoints. After reaching this, each event will reward 50 less blood points than the previous one, for a maximum of 4000 bloodpoints per game)
- Adjusted The Shape Stalker Scoring (100 bloodpoints for each point stalked from a survivor, with each survivor having up to 10 stalking points, for a maximum of 4000 bloodpoints per game)
- Redesigned the "Small Game" perk to work in a similar fashion as "Premonition" (emits a warning sound when looking at a trap or a totem, within a range of 45 degrees)
- Reduced the time it takes for Killers to vault windows
- Revisited the level-design of infinite spots in various maps (attempting to break fix infinites in the direction where fast-vaulting is not supported)
- Survivor dying bleedout now keeps on progressing while in the Kill Interaction (Memento Mori)
- The Nurse carry speed was slightly increased to match that of other killers
- The Wraith now starts the match cloaked
- Fixed an issue causing achievements relating to teachable perks to not unlock if bought in the Shrine of Secrets
- Fixed an issue causing characters to disappear from offline lobby after accessing the credits
- Fixed an issue causing characters to possibly appear as fully white in lobbies
- Fixed an issue causing Decisive Strike to be lost if attempted while being dropped
- Fixed an issue causing Decisive Strike to not be lost if attempted but failed for overshooting the skill check
- Fixed an issue causing generators pistons to stop animating if a survivor leaves a generator after failing a skill check
- Fixed an issue causing Laurie & Nea to sound echo when screaming on the hook
- Fixed an issue causing spectators to see HUD Perks for other players at level 1 instead of their proper level (it was currently displaying the spectator’s perk level instead)
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to display as disconnected on the Tally screen if they quit the game while in spectate
- Fixed an issue causing the "Dying Light" perk to trigger when the obsession escaped the level
- Fixed an issue causing the "Glass Fragment", "Reflective Fragment" & "Mirror Shards" add-ons to not display outlines
- Fixed an issue causing the Bloodpoint Icon to remain on screen after purchasing a perk from the Shrine of Secrets
- Fixed an issue causing the Lobby to transition into a game with only 3 Survivors if the fourth Survivor would leave while all the others are readied-up
- Fixed an issue causing the luck trait to reduce the number of skill checks a survivor would trigger
- Fixed an issue causing the Stalking Effect from The Shape to remain on the screen when transitioning to the Tally Screen
- Fixed an issue causing the stillness crows to still circle the survivor when carried by the killer
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for The Nurse to blink inside certain houses in Haddonfield
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a killer to interrupt a survivor from a different height
- Fixed an issue making it possible for players to get trapped inside a pallet
- Fixed an issue making it possible for the Wraith to remain cloaked on certain clients while being uncloaked on the server
- Fixed an issue making it possible to buy the same teachable perk multiple times from the Shrine of Secrets
- Fixed an issue making it possible to equip add-ons for a different type of items if changing tabs (to add-ons) during the animation of changing the page (from another section)
- Fixed an issue making it possible to see offering tooltips before they are revealed
- Fixed various gameplay & animation issues with the hook (large revamp of how the hook is handled)
Patch 1.3.1 - 8 December 2016
- Added the “Thrill of the Hunt” Killer Perk
- Content - Added a new location (Backwater Swamp)
- Content - Added a new map for Backwater Swamp (The Pale Rose)
- Content - Added a new offering that allows to play as The Hag (appears on bloodwebs if you do not own the associated DLC)
- Fixed an issue causing Perk Tooltips to not display on the Tally Screen
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to get stuck in the unhook position when interrupted during the unhook interaction
- Fixed an issue causing Teachable Perks to not appear in Prestige bloodwebs (event when they weren’t bought in normal bloodwebs)
- Fixed an issue causing the blood web popups to appear underneath the sidebar buttons
- Fixed an issue causing the Exit Entity blocker to not appear from the point of view of the Killer & Spectator
- Fixed an issue causing the Report Button to refresh improperly when navigating between Spectate mode and the Tally Screen
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to click the right-hand side button of setting sliders
- Fixed an issue causing all Achievements to not register properly
Patch 1.3.1a - 9 December 2016
- Fixed an issue causing the Nurse and Survivors to get stuck after an interruption to a pallet vault
- Fixed an issue causing the All Aboard Achievement to not unlock
Patch 1.3.1b - 12 December 2016
- Adjusted “deafening” sound effect of the “Disfigured Ear” Hag Add-On
- Dull Totem outlines are not displayed from the POV of the Killer (only Hex totems are)
- Dying survivors do not trigger Phantasm Traps
- Progress of the cleanse totem interactions is resets if the Survivor doesn’t complete it in a single interaction
Patch 1.3.1c - 15 December 2016
- Rebalanced all flashlight values that related to the blinding of killers (“flashlight beam effects against the killer”)
- Fixed an issue causing killer stun durations to not be properly applied (causing Hag’s stun to be shorter than desired, and others to be longer than desired)
- Fixed an issue causing the “Hex: Third Seal” perk’s tokens to still be awarded after the associated totem has been cleansed
- Fixed an issue causing the progression of the cleanse totem interaction to not reset properly if already at 99% and then get hit by a killer
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to destroy Hag’s Trap with a Flashlight if the Hag was too far away or not looking in the direction of the trap
- Fixed some issues that could cause loading into a game to last indefinitely
- Fixed an issue causing Killers to vault slower in one of the two directions
Patch 1.3.1d - 20 December 2016
- Added the display of the Player ID in the settings screen (for Customer Support)
- Added support for a double blood points weekend from December 23rd to December 27th
- Added an error message when the game is about to write save data with regressed progress (should display a message instead of overriding the save game)
- Fixed an issue causing Adept & Prestige related achievements to not be properly awarded when launching the game if the requirements are already met
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for the Nurse to blink on the ground around the large boat in the Pale Rose map
- Fixed an issue making it possible to gain progress on the Hag’s Rite of Flesh and Mud Daily Ritual by hitting a hooked camper
Patch 1.3.1e - 12 January 2017
- Fixed an issue causing the burn progression to not display properly on the Nurse alternate outfit
- Fixed an issue making it possible to prestige characters sub level 50
- Fixed multiple issues making it possible to assign powers, items, perks & customization to invalid slots or characters.
Patch 1.3.1f - 24 January 2017
- Added Lunar New Year Shirt for Claudette, Dwight, Jake & Meg
- Added support & translation for Traditional Chinese
- Integrated revised translation for Simplified Chinese
Patch 1.3.1g - 30 January 2017
- Adjusted reporting of analytics for save game writing failures
Patch 1.4.0 - 3 February 2017 (PTB) / 13 February 2017
- Added new game options to the owner of a Kill Your Friends Lobby (map selection & enabling of perks, items / add-ons, offerings and DLC killers)
- Added support and translation for Brazilian Portuguese
- Added support to change roles in Kill Your Friends lobbies (killer, survivor or spectator)
- Added the "Chinese Firecracker" item
- Integrated an updated version of the Unreal Engine (4.13)
- Kill Your Friends mode now allows all players to access every item, add-on, perk & offering (not tied to the player profile anymore)
- The entity has granted its killers the power to damage generators that have been partially repaired
- Added additional links to the bloodweb to make sure a player can reach any specific node before the Entity starts consuming nodes
- Added the ability for the "Hex: The Third Seal" perk to affect the aura reading ability of maps
- Adjusted hatch interaction allowing survivors to escape from all angles
- Adjusted paradise lighting, all maps lighting and light affecting offerings
- Adjusted spawning rules to increase the initial distance between survivors & totems
- Adjusted the "Unrelenting" killer perk to not have a cooldown on successful attacks and increased the cooldown bonus on missed attacks on lower tiers
- Adjusted the number of hooks and pallets that can spawn in The Pale Rose
- Adjusted the number of pallets that can spawn in the Autohaven Wreckers maps
- Adjusted the size of the survivors hitbox for the killer attack detection
- Generator repair skill checks triggered while under the effect of "Hex: Ruin" perk now grant new score events
- Hag: Added a screenspace effect on the killer's screen when in teleportation range of an active trap.
- Hag: Trap outlines are now revealed to survivors when illuminated with a Flashlight
- Hillbilly: Chainsaw charges can no longer be interrupted by flashlight blinds
- Made it impossible to place bear traps on top of the hatch
- Modified "Object of Obsession" to be affected by the "Sole Survivor" perk. The aura reading reduction applies only to the active zone between the killer's terror radius and the maximum range of the perk
- Modified placement of totems on Haddonfield
- Modified the "Decisive Strike" perk (the automatic skill check only applies to the obsession; non-obsession survivors will get a skill-check after filling up the wiggle meter to a certain point)
- Survivors are now immune to bear traps while unhooking themselves from the hook
- Updated the Flashlight's light cone FX to facilitate aiming
- Fixed an issue causing Claudette's customization option "The Orange Smhock" to not display properly during a match
- Fixed an issue causing Hag traps to be immune to the flashlight if placed under a hooked survivor
- Fixed an issue causing a chest to spawn improperly between an outer wall and hook in The Pale Rose
- Fixed an issue causing a hooked survivor to die without the chance to struggle if the unhooking survivor would get interrupted
- Fixed an issue causing a survivor to receive full repair & coop points while repairing a generator if the last required generator is repaired by another survivor simultaneously
- Fixed an issue causing bear traps to appear under the ground past the exit gate and inside the foundry building in "Ironworks of Misery"
- Fixed an issue causing fireflies FX to not display in the Backwater Swamp
- Fixed an issue causing killers to get stuck in a door frame on the 2nd floor of the foundry building in "Ironworks of Misery"
- Fixed an issue causing partially used item energy bars to appear full when swapped or dropped
- Fixed an issue causing players to see the "Open Hatch" interaction when holding a key even with the hatch being invisible
- Fixed an issue causing some completed daily rituals texts to be cut off on the tally screen
- Fixed an issue causing survivor and The Nurse getting stuck in between certain walls in The Asylum
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to be able to interact while being picked up by the killer
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to get stuck in the ground when getting free from The Nurse's grasp by any means
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to receive the "Reunited" scoring event when approaching a dead survivor
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to warp at the end of the Hag Memento Mori's interaction
- Fixed an issue causing the "Ready" & "Unready" buttons inside a lobby to become inverted when repeatedly clicked
- Fixed an issue causing the "Splinter" offerings to spawn the killer with the power of the currently selected killer instead of the killer associated with the offering
- Fixed an issue causing the Hag "Half Eggshell" add-on to display the wrong UI icon
- Fixed an issue causing the Hag to not receive a loud noise notification when a trap is triggered while using the "rusty shackles" add-on
- Fixed an issue causing the Hag's traps to not produce a loud noise notification when getting destroyed with a flashlight
- Fixed an issue causing the Hillbilly to hit an invisible collision when revving his chainsaw next to a hook
- Fixed an issue causing the Wraith's bell to appear after being stunned
- Fixed an issue causing the effects of the mist thickening offerings to be invisible to spectators
- Fixed an issue causing the hatch escape score to be awarded multiple times if a survivor repeatedly attempts the interaction
- Fixed an issue causing the host to crash when attempting to slash a survivor going into a locker while carrying another survivor on their shoulder
- Fixed an issue causing the host to crash when loading into The Pale Rose map with an AMD graphics card
- Fixed an issue causing the offering "Muddy Splinter" offering to appear in the bloodweb even if a the player would own the DLC "Of Flesh and Mud"
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Balanced Landing" to trigger on other survivor's falls
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Balanced Landing" to trigger without providing the speed bonus and stagger reduction to the survivor
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Decisive Strike" to continue triggering skill checks (which would provide no effect) after the perk had been used
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Hex: Devour Hope" to not grant a token for an unhook if the killer is too close to another hooked survivor (other than the one being unhooked)
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Hex: The Third Seal" to potentially remain active after its hex totem has been cleansed
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Spies from the Shadows" to not trigger notifications when crows are startled
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Streetwise" to provide a smaller decrease in energy usage at level 3 (was 13% instead of 15%)
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for the Hag to place traps while going down a slope
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for the Trapper to pick up a survivor in a bear trap while he attempts to escape
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a hooked survivor to be stuck and not bleed out if getting hooked while the hook is getting sabotaged
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a hooked survivor to be stuck and not bleed out if multiple survivors were sacrificed simultaneously
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a killer to pick-up a crawling survivor at the exit gate after the survivor has exited
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a survivor to exit through the hatch during a Memento Mori kill
- Fixed an issue making traps immune to the flashlight depending on the Hag's orientation & position relative to the survivor
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to trigger activated abilities of add-ons attached to items spawned in chests (see perk "Ace in the Hole" and add-ons "Styptic Agent" & "Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe)
- Fixed some issues causing perks to display improperly in the HUD while spectating other players
- Fixed some issues causing players to get stuck on a game logo screen while attempting to join a lobby
- Fixed some issues causing survivors to lose pips if the killer disconnects
- Fixed some issues causing the Nurse to be unable to blink in certain sections of The Pale Rose map
- Fixed various totem placements in various maps that made them impossible to cleanse
Patch 1.4.0a - 14 February 2017
- Fixed a frequent crash that could happen upon leaving a lobby as a survivor
- Fixed a server crash that could happen upon a survivor leaving or disconnecting during a match
- Fixed an issue causing interaction progress bars to fill in a clunky manner
- Re-exposed most user settings under the Engine category
Patch 1.4.1 - 16 February 2017
- Content – Added a new map for Autohaven Wreckers (Gas Heaven)
- Adjusted the bloodweb generation’s perk selection to equalize the change of obtaining perks of all rarities
- Fixed an issue causing APEX enabled clothing to remain fully visible during sacrifice (instead of becoming transparent)
- Fixed an issue causing the “Decisive Strike” perk to not trigger if a killer would drop a survivor just before the 25% mark and pick him back up
- Fixed an issue causing the moon to render on top of level geometry in the Asylum
Patch 1.4.1a - 22 February 2017
- Re-adjusted the audio occlusion levels
- Fixed a potential crash when a player would exit the game process inside a lobby
- Fixed a potential crash when a survivor selected as the killer’s obsession would leave before to the intro sequence
- Fixed an issue causing a killer to receive objective points when damaging a generator while a survivor is repairing it
- Fixed an issue causing the sound of generator pistons to stop or restart when moving the camera
Patch 1.4.1b - 28 February 2017
- Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite loading screen while transitioning to a game
Patch 1.4.2 - 8 March 2017
- Added a full set of customization for Claudette (as Rochelle from Left 4 Dead 2)
- Added a full set of customization for Dwight (as Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2)
- Added a full set of customization for Jake (as Francis from Left 4 Dead)
- Added a full set of customization for Meg (as Zoey from Left 4 Dead)
- New Survivor Character Available (William "Bill" Overbeck)
- Fixed an issue causing Killers to be unable to do a totem interrupt
- Fixed an issue causing Killers to lose pips if all survivors leave the game while loading into the match
- Fixed an issue causing a kill your friends spectator to be unable to see The Nurse's blink marker when using the "Plaid Flannel" add-on
- Fixed an issue causing a kill your friends spectator to see an extra survivor tick (UI Marker) for themselves when switching roles
- Fixed an issue causing an impassable area between car pile and crane landmark in the "Gas Heaven" map
- Fixed an issue causing some players to be stuck with an empty Shrine of Secrets that would only refresh in a very large number of days
- Fixed an issue causing survivors wrists to twist unnaturally when opening a chest
- Fixed an issue causing the "Sprint Burst" perk to activate while crouching or in crawl state
- Fixed an issue causing the Nurse to be unable to blink into the basement in the "Gas Heaven" map
- Fixed an issue causing the Wraith to have no terror radius when spamming the Cloak button
- Fixed an issue causing the hatch to sometimes spawn in an inaccessible location in the "Backwater Swamp" map
- Fixed an issue causing the map item to show fully repaired generator highlights when used
- Fixed an issue causing the map item to show sabotaged bear trap highlights when used
- Fixed an issue causing the mist to appear black in the "Backwater Swamp" map when a fog offering is used
- Fixed an issue causing the spark VFX from damaging generators to persist after a survivor repairs it with a toolbox
- Fixed an issue causing the spark VFX from damaging generators to remain after all generators are completed
- Fixed an issue causing the status effect icons not to appear in the HUD for spectator
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Nurse to get points when hitting hooked survivors after a Blink
- Fixed the probability of a certain chest spawning in the "Gas Heaven" map
Patch 1.4.2a - 14 March 2017
- Fixed an issue causing "Borrowed Time" to not activate when a healthy survivor would get hit with a double-damage attack (Chainsaw, Tier 3 Evil Within). The intent is that the survivor should lose a health state right away (into injured), and the bleedout timer should activate.
- Fixed an issue causing L4D related content to appear as placeholder in languages other than english (currently forced to english until localization is completed)
- Fixed an issue causing the "Borrowed Time" bleedout timer to remain active if the survivor would use the instant-heal interaction from the "Anti-hemorrhagic Syringe" add-on
- Fixed an issue causing the "Borrowed Time" bleedout timer to remain active if the survivor would walk into a bear trap
- Fixed an issue causing the server to potentially crash if a survivor would use an instant-heal interaction while the "Borrowed Time" bleedout timer is in effect
- Integrated additional analytics to track matchmaking, lobby joining & connectivity issues
Patch 1.4.2b - 15 March 2017
- Fixed an issue causing a crash when disconnecting from the server after Borrowed Time was triggered and the cooldown was expired.
Patch 1.4.2c - 21 March 2017
- Integrated localized texts for the new Left Behind content (all languages except Brazilian Portuguese)
- Fixed an issue causing some analytic reports to get ignored by the backend
- Integrated additional analytics for Survive With Friends Matchmaking
Patch 1.4.2d - 24 March 2017
- Fixed an issue causing the "Borrowed Time" perk bleed-out timer to never end if the survivor wielding the perk would get hit twice with a double-damage attack
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when searching for a lobby in Survive with Friends
Patch 1.4.2e - 28 March 2017
- Minor improvements to Survive with Friends Matchmaking (ignore servers for which a connection was already attempted and failed, sequentially attempt to join each search result before making a new search)
Patch 1.4.2f - 12 April 2017
- Added Shrine of Secrets content for this week
Patch 1.4.2g - 13 April 2017
- Added support for a Blood Hunt this weekend
Patch 1.5.0 - 27 April 2017
- Added a new info Status Effect display in the HUD
- Added a set of black Left Behind shirts (torso customization) for Dwight, Jake, Meg, Claudette & Nea (available if the player is a member of the Dead by Daylight community on Steam)
- Added controller support in the menus
- Added localization support for the Korean & Japanese Languages
- Added the Bloodlust Mechanic (increased speed for killers during chases)
- Adjusted Hag Trap activation. Will no longer trigger when crouching
- Adjusted rarities for some perks and rarity probabilities for perks selection in the bloodweb
- Adjusted the audio occlusion levels of multiple objects
- Adjusted the effect of light affecting offerings
- Adjusted the radius of the circle at which the crows fly around still survivors
- Changed "Bitter Murmur" perk. Changed reveal values from 2/4/6 to 5/7/9. This perk currently ranks as one of the lowest usage rates amongst killer perks, we are testing an increase in reveal time to see if this perk's usage rates increase.
- Changed "Iron Grasp" perk. In light of the Sabotage and hook repair implementations, we have changed Iron Grasp's values to their old values. Struggling is reduced by 25/50/75% changed from 20/40/60%. Time to struggle out of the killers grasp is increased by 4/8/12% instead of 15/27/36%. As noticed the numbers have been much higher for a while, this was due to Killers not having enough access to hooks on the map. The Auto Hook Repair mechanic should allow for smaller Iron Grasp numbers.
- Changed Dull Totem cleanse scoring value from 400 - 600
- Changed Hex Totem cleanse scoring value from 800 - 1000
- Changed Sabotage of Hooks to be 15 seconds instead of 20
- Changed Totem cleansing time to 14 seconds from 10 seconds
- Changed skillcheck starting point from .25 to .33
- Changed the "Hex: Devour Hope" perk at level 3. Removed the repair generator penalty given at 1 token and replaced it with a speed boost at 2 tokens. The reason we changed the bonus from the token gain was due to the fact that the repair penalty was a dead giveaway that the killer had Devour Hope.
- Changed the "Hex: Thrill of the Hunt" perk. Removed condition that required a hook save for a token to be applied, instead tokens will be awarded for each remaining totem on the map. Additionally the killer will receive a notification when someone starts working on a hex totem.
- Changed the "Lightborn" & "Shadowborn" perks. These perks have changed to match the 1.4 engine update lighting. Modified the recovery time to a constant 50% for Lightborn, light effectiveness has been reduced from 100% to 35% for both Lightborn and Shadowborn. Shadowborn gets you blinded at most 30% faster which is down from 50% and the time to recover from this condition was reduced from 75% to 50%.
Dead By Daylight Patch Notes: Update 5.2.2 Bugfix & Latest PTB Changes
Dead By Daylight fans love the game, that's for sure. You don't reach Chapter 20 and a 5th Anniversary event without a passionate fanbase.
It won't be long until we're eyeballing the release of Dead By Daylight Chapter 21, and the developers are starting to get ready too, as they've now released confirmation that the new killer is from Hellraiser! We don't quite have a release date yet, but the killer is now available on the PTB, alongside a new set of all-important patch notes.
Why are they important? We thought that was obvious.
It doesn't matter if you're a casual or hardcore fan; the patch notes will affect you all and have a big say in that all-important Dead By Daylight Tier List. Not to mention the best survivor perks and best killer perks. One patch, one hotfix, a tweak here or there could have big implications. So it's best you know about every change as it happens.
For this page, we're doing two things. First, we'll give you the latest patch notes for the game as it is on live servers for PlayStation [PS4/PS5], Xbox, PC and Nintendo Switch. But we'll also include the latest PTB patch notes further down, if you want a look at the changes coming to the game in the future.
27 September 2021 -
We've got all the detalis you need about the next big Dead By Daylight Mid-Chapter Update.
All you need to do is follow the link.
7 September 2021 -
Behaviour Interactive has confirmed the Dead by Daylight 5.2.0 Patch Notes for live servers. The latest changes can be found further down, all neat and boxed out for you for easy reading.
Do note, Skill Based Matchmaking (SBMM) will not be enabled until tomorrow, September 8. For more information on SBMM, click here.
6 September 2021 -
We should get official Dead by Daylight 5.2.0 Patch Notes in a few hours once Chapter 21 is released onto live servers.
Stay tuned for updates and the latest patch notes.
Dead by Daylight Chapter 21 Release Time
2 September 2021 -
A new Developer Update has been released and it gives plenty of insight into some big changes coming to the game with the release of the next big patch.
Dead by Daylight Patch 5.2.0 which is most likely arriving with DBD Chapter 21 is set to introduce Skill Based Matchmaking (SBMM) for good. In addition, this will mean the removal of ranks and the introduction of a new Grades system.
We've detailed some of these changes on our Chapter 21 hub, but in addition, there are a few more changes being made to the PTB build of Dead by Daylight 5.2.0 to tweak the Cenobite killer.
You can see these tweaks just below.
We’re thrilled to see so much excitement for The Cenobite on the Player Test Build (PTB), and we’ve been watching (and reading) for feedback very closely. That said, we’ve made some changes between the PTB and the release. Please note that this is by no means final; we’ll continue to monitor his performance as we do with all new Killers and do some fine tuning once everything has settled.
First, we’ve polished the way chains spawn to make them perform more consistently. We’ve fixed an issue which could cause chains to spawn behind obstacles and corners and immediately break as soon as they would connect. Additionally, if a chain fails to spawn (i.e., there is no suitable place to spawn the chain), the system will now attempt to spawn another chain much sooner. Finally, if a chain is broken by the environment or The Cenobite himself, a new chain will spawn considerably faster than before. These changes will make chains much more effective in tight areas with lots of obstacles.
We’ve also simplified the way the chain hunt works. On the PTB, the number of chains that spawn during the hunt would depend on the number of Survivors remaining. Instead, the hunt will now always spawn a cluster of 3 chains (with each chain appearing 3 seconds apart) with an increasing interval between clusters based on the remaining Survivors. This will keep the hunt feeling meaningful without getting out of hand as Survivors die.
Finally, deciding when to solve the Lament Configuration is something we want to leave up to you, but keeping it forever shouldn’t be ideal. In the PTB, the Survivor carrying the box would have a chain spawn and attempt to latch onto them every few seconds while they were interacting with something. This would slow your progress down, but could be a worthwhile tradeoff for preventing chain hunts entirely. We’re changing the Lament Configuration to only pause the timers of the other Survivors, but not the carrier. This means if the person holding the box neglects it for too long, a chain hunt will start for them only. This chain hunt is in addition to the occasional chains that spawn while interacting with something, making it very difficult to ignore.
We’ve got a few more changes to get through, so lightning round:
- Tweaked gateway placement to be easier on maps with multiple floors – This’ll prevent cases where you look ever so slightly down and end up accidentally placing your gateway on the floor below
- Added a brief immunity period to chains after being unhooked (3 seconds) – This will prevent a Survivor who was just unhooked from being chained before they can move
- Added a maximum control time for gateways (6 seconds) – The Cenobite’s power is meant to be fast paced and used in a chase, not to be placed somewhere and wait
- Added a brief cooldown to the solve interaction to prevent spamming (1 second) – Spamming the interaction would give the Killer way too many notifications
- Increased Bloodpoints for The Cenobite’s scoring event across the board – Bloodpoint earnings were lower than anticipated in the PTB
As always, we’ll continue to monitor The Cenobite’s performance over the next few months to determine if further changes are necessary.
Dead By Daylight 5.2.2 Patch notes - Live Servers
These patch notes reflect the game build available on live servers currently for PC and Consoles.
We're highlighting just the latest patch for the game. If you would like to see a list of patch notes for past gameplay tweaks and technical updates, then head over to the Behaviour Interactive Dead By Daylight Forum.
Now, read on for the latest changes introduced with Dead by Daylight 5.2.2
- Reverted the pallet to the old visuals. The updated pallet will return in a future update.
- Fixed an issue that caused several Cenobite scoring events to incorrectly count as Bonus BP
- Fixed an issue with the Nemesis' move speed while charging Level 3 Tentacle Strike
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivor models in a lobby to not always reflect what the other Survivors selected.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to not always receive disconnection penalties when leaving a match as Killer.
- Fixed an issue that may cause a loss of momentum when changing directions during a lunge attack when playing as the Cenobite.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cenobite's chase music not to restart after using Summons of Pain during a chase.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cenobite's Lament Guardian score event to be counted in an incorrect category.
- Fixed an issue that caused a grunt sound effect to be played when switching to the Cenobite when spectating a custom game.
- Fixed an issue that a "generator completed" sound notification to play when switching between Victor and Charlotte or when switching spectated players.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Engineer's Guild archive quest not to progress.
- Fixed an issue that caused two hooks too close to one another at the east stairs in Resident Evil map.
- Fixed an issue that prevented one side of a pallet in Gideon Meat Plant from being destroyed by the killer,
- Fixed an issue where the Cenobite's Gateway SFX continues to play after triggering the attack.
- Fixed an issue that caused the chain hunt start notification sound to trigger when switching to a survivor's perspective while spectating.
- Fixed several misaligned banners in the Store.
- (PC only) Fixed an issue with 4K resolution being enabled by default for some players, sometimes resulting in performance drop
- Fixed a possible softlock when spamming the ESC key during the Loading screen
- Fixed an issue with the Grade Reset popup not opening if the date changed while the Game is still opened
- Fixed a crash in the Tally screen related to the Season End Grade Reset
- The Dead Dawg Saloon map is disabled and is planned to be fixed for the next update.
If you want to see any of the updates released since the start of Chapter 21, follow the links below:
Dead By Daylight 5.2.0 PTB Patch notes
These patch notes reflect only the games PTB (Public Test Build), which is used for testing purposes only. This special BETA-branch of Dead by Daylight is exclusive to the Steam version of the Game and can be played if you want to try it out. Details of which are just below on the link:
HOW TO ACCESS THE DEAD BY DAYLIGHT PTB
These changes are likely to be tweaked in the lead up to the games next chapter, which is Dead by Daylight Chapter 21, due for release at some point in September.
As players can see, the PTB offers our first look at the game's new Killer, The Cenobite, which is of course based on the fictional extra-dimensional demonic beings from Hellraiser.
Keep reading for all you need to know about the latest Public Test Build.
- Added an new Killer - The Cenobite
- Match Results - When players leave a Trial with a Limited Item (Example: The Nemesis's Vaccine) they will now be notified that they do not get to keep it. It has been consumed by The Entity.
- Large Text Settings - The players can enable this option to enlarge all texts in the HUD, increasing readability.
The Nemesis Update:
- Movement speed while charging Tentacle Strike Tier 3 increased to 4.0m/s (was 3.8m/s)
- Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge effect duration increased to 60 seconds (was 30 seconds)
- Iridescent Umbrella Badge effect duration increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds, but was erroneously displayed as 12 seconds)
- Ritual of The Nemesis reduced to reaching maximum Mutation Rate one time (was 4)
Dev note: The Nemesis came out in a good state, but has been underperforming slightly in higher skill brackets. These players tend to hit Mutation Rate 3 more often, so a buff here should give him a slight boost at that level of play. Additionally, we have buffed two addons that were underperforming to make them more viable, and made the associated ritual less of a pain to complete.
- Various bug fixes and improvements to address performance issues on the Family Residence, Sanctum of Wrath and Midwich Elementary School.
- Blood Lodge, Dead Dawg Saloon and The Game maps are re-enabled
- Updated a variety of survivors hair and facial hair cosmetics.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Executioner's rear to be too flat when having "The Corrupted" outfit equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused a specific hook blocking navigation when a Survivor is hooked on it in Hospital map
- Fixed an issue that caused the killer to body block the basement when standing at the door frame in the main building of the Blood Lodge
- Fixed an issue that caused Meg "Jewel of the party" very rare outfit multiple clipping with her body
- Fixed an issue that caused Meg "Jewel of the party" very rare outfit skirt misshapen when performing various action
- Fixed an issue that caused female survivors to be missing an animation when stepping on a bear trap with the Calm Spirit perk equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to perform the falling animation when walking down some stairs in the Raccoon City Police Station map.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to float and fall to the ground when cleansing some totems.
- Fixed an issue that caused the durability bar of toolboxes to appear red when sabotaging a hook.
- Fixed an issue that caused the walking animation of the Nemesis to be missing when in spectator mode in a custom game.
- Fixed an issue that caused Victor to be able to pounce on survivors while Dead Hard is being used.
- Fixed an issue that may cause survivors to remain stuck in a window when downed by the Trickster's knives while vaulting.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Doctor's Shock Therapy and Static Blasts not to negate the Oblivious effect.
- Fixed an issue that caused the sound notification for the Tinkerer perk to be too low.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Coup de Grace perk icon to remain lit until all generators are done instead of until all tokens are used.
- Fixed an issue that caused the hook count and the generator count to overlap each other when spectating a custom game.
- Fixed an issue that caused the pause menu to open and close constantly when holding the Escape key during a match.
- Fixed an issue that caused player names with a # symbol to get truncated in the HUD.
- Fixed an issue that caused save file problem.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivor to receive an incorrect benevolent emblem.
- Sometimes, Survivors are bound by chains and are unable to remove them
- New Rank Crest images are part of the PTB. The new MMR system will not be active on PTB.
- Some animations are missing while solving the Lament Configuration
- The wrong animation plays when bound to the Lament Configuration after the Killer teleports to it while the Survivor is solving it
- The Lament Configuration breaks when a Survivor disconnects while holding it
- Chains are not removed from the match when a Survivor disconnects while they are bound by them
- The "Lament Guardian" score event is granted even if the Survivors escape with the Lament Configuration
- Survivors are awarded an incorrect amount of Bloodpoints when breaking free from multiple chains
- The Burning Candle and Torture Pillar add-ons do not stack as intended
- The Cenobite can place a gateway out of bounds in certain maps
- Items are not held in Claire Redfield's hands.
- Claire Redfield's camera clips in the ground when being mori'd.
- Claire Redfield's face is distorted in-game.
Patch notes dbd
How good your gadget is. Uhhh. Uhhh. She screamed, bouncing on the dick.ALL KILLER BALANCE CHANGES - Dead By Daylight Patch Notes 5.3.0
And a tight top. Preferably white or red. Um.
You will also like:
- Rocksmith authentic guitar games
- The healing cave lady
- Multiclass spell slots
- Galaxy note 3 cable
- Bmw fault code 4570
- Start meeting app
- Nissan sentra transmission solenoid
She will understand what is happening. Will he tell Vitalik. No, she doesn't even know him, but it's not just that. In the fact that having understood what is happening, she will become jealous, and then start masturbating there.