Top 15 Layered Curly Hair Ideas for 2021
Chic Curly Neck-Length Layers
A fresh short layered haircut is a great way to define your natural curls. Having a neck-length is a helpful way to add body and volume without having too much bulk. Layered hair and curls go hand in hand to creating beautiful hairstyles.
Curly Shag for Women with Thin Hair
Curly shag for women with thin hair is a smart choice. A lot of layers at the crown can create the appearance of fuller and thicker hair with bouncier curls. When styling, add a curl cream to combat frizz such as Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer either let it air dry or diffuse it.
Layered Curly Hair for Older Women
Layered curly hair for older women is a smart choice. Particularly for those with thin hair since it creates an illusion of thicker, fuller curls. A dry hair cut allows your curls to fall naturally. Ask your stylist to shape your curls according to which suits you best.
Curly Pixie with Layers for Women Over 70
Adding curls and layers to a pixie is a cute and different way to style a short cut for women over 70. Naturally curly-haired women definitely benefit from having a pixie cut. Curls tend to perk up more as they are less weighed down and when the hair is shorter.
Layered Curls for Women Over 60
Layered curls for women over 60 are absolutely stunning and can suit any face shape. Ladies who decide to embrace their natural curls and are looking to get a curly haircut, should take two things into consideration, curl texture and type. This will determine how your stylist decides to cut your curls for the best results.
Layered Hair with Curls for Women Over 50
Layered hair with curls for women over 50 is the perfect way to create a full, voluminous style. Especially with fine hair, a specific curly cut allows your curls to be cut in their natural state for a gorgeous, waterfall of curls.
Stylish Short Curly Hair
A full head of sexy locks looks gorgeous in a length that’s just a little past the chin. Having layered curly hair will provide much-needed volume and definition with the use of the right curling products.
Cute Curly Bob with Layering
A cute curly bob with layering is versatile and works on any type of curl. Cutting your curly hair in layers gives it extra flair and fullness.
Curly hair specialist Kara Dollahite of Sacramento, CA uses a dry-cutting technique. “When the hair is fine, I like to cut horizontally. I elevate to find exactly where the weight line should be and layer it less,” Dollahite explains.
Layered Inverted Bob for Thick Curly Hair
Layered inverted bob for thick curly hair allows for endless fun and a wide variety of looks. A long curly bob is popular as it looks great on most face shapes. Layered curly hair looks stunning on all face shapes and creates an illusion of fuller-looking curls. Curly hair with layers can be cut in many different ways but is most likely going to turn out best with a “curly cut” which is done on dry hair.
The Best Shag with Choppy Layers
Let your hair go wild with this heavily textured shag that screams of volume and fullness! Adding a messy fringe with a layered curly haircut works perfectly together to balance broad shoulders and an oval face.
Modern V-Shape for Naturally Curly Hair
Consider a modern v-shape for naturally curly hair to give your long locks an interesting boost. Curly hair can be tricky, so ask your stylist to create the subtle v-cut wet and then dry for a more precise cut. On long curly hair, soft layers work well to maintain the beautiful shape. Products are a must to keep your hair separated and shiny.
Messy Shaggy Layers with Bangs
Wearing messy shaggy layers with bangs looks so fun! It’s bouncy, voluminous finish is sure to catch people’s attention. This layered curly hairstyle gives fine mane a softer finish, especially on a blonde hue.
Trendy Layered Medium Length Curls
These trendy layered medium-length curls aren’t only stylish. The layers for curly hair are ideal for women with thick hair and a wider face shape. It’s the cut that makes the tresses appear less bulky and feel a little lighter. Natural curls and a golden shade create an ideal combo for this hairstyle.
Q&A with style creator, Michelle Major
Curly Hair Specialist @ Hush Salon and Spa in Ontario, CA
How would you describe this?
These trendy layered medium length curls are on a long curly bob. The layering offers volume without being unmanageable. Plus, the layers blend well and show off the curls. This cut embraces natural texture!
What’s your best advice?
Women looking for a curly stylist should first check out their work. A lot of stylists say they will work with your natural texture and then they want to curl it or straighten it in the end. If they aren’t going to style it or teach you how to wear it naturally then you need to keep looking. A good curly hair stylist will want to coach you to make your curls better. And remember to always go in with your hair down and detangled! They need to see it, no buns or ponytails!
Gorgeous Long and Curly Hair with Layers
To achieve gorgeous long and curly hair with layers, a layered haircut is required. A special haircut specified for curly locks, is often achieved by a dry cut, which allows your hair to lay naturally while also accommodating for your natural texture. Long layered curly hair is gorgeous on all women and never goes out of style.
Cute Layered Curly Locks with Side Bangs
Cute layered curly locks with side bangs are the perfect haircut for oblong faces. Layered springy curls are best cut using techniques like a “dry curly cut.” This type of cut allows your stylist to analyze, cut, and style your curls to best suit your needs.
35 Glamorous Layered Curly Hair Ideas
Do you know what a layered curly hairstyle can do to your curls? If you’ve never worn layers in your hair, then it’s probably hard to envision the magic that occurs with just a few snips.
Your hair might be weighing down your curls, pulling them into lank, limp shapes that make you feel blah about your coiffure. Eff that. You may need to see it to believe it, but once you do, you’ll be clamoring for layers.
Layered Curly Hairstyles
Curly hairstyles with layers allow your curls to shine. Without layers, hair hangs heavy. It lacks shape, form, and definition. Your curls probably end up frizzy or wavy and lank. No one wants that. It makes you feel self-conscious about your beautiful spirals, but you should be showing them off and rejoicing that you have them.
Here are some examples of how to show some love to your curly locks using layers.
1. Blonde Ombre Curly Hair
Whenever you want a look that gives your ringlets dimension, opt for a curly hairstyle with bangs and layers. Keep the mane in medium length and go for baby bangs, blonde highlights, and an ombre.
2. Short Curly Hair with Glasses
If you are tired of all those long detangling and washing procedures, it’s time to try something new: a short layered curly hair. Get a shot bob and style a fabulous sombre that will perfectly match your rounded glasses.
3. Medium Curly Black Hair
When your hair is in between, not too curly and not wavy, a medium layered curl hairstyle is the best choice. The hairdo will maintain the volume, and it will make the layers beautifully fall one over each other.
4. Long Layered Curly Hair
There’s no such thing as too much volume, and the image above can prove it. If you have thick long hair, go for a sombre that will make your mane look sun-kissed and a long layered curly hairstyle to obtain that princess look.
5. Bouncy Long Layered Curly Hairstyle
A layered haircut for thick curly hair will not only make your hair beautifully fall on your back and shoulders, but will also define your waves and ringlets. They will gain movement and keep their bounce.
6. Layered African American Curly Hair
Because your hair is so dense, if you go for a blunt cut, you will obtain that most hated triangle-shaped mane. You definitely want to avoid that, so ask your hairstylist for choppy layers on curly hair. They will look amazing on your coils.
7. Auburn Layered Curly Hair
Face framing layers on curly hair do such a great job, especially when you have thick and voluminous hair. Define the curls with your favorite products and wear your bangs on one side.
8. Layered Natural Hair
Layered natural curly hair simply arranges by itself. If you need to give your African-American coils some bounce and better definition, use your favorite jam, and you won’t need to worry about your hair the whole day.
9. Shaggy Blonde Layered Curly Hairstyle
Your hair never gets a gorgeous shape, and you are out of ideas on styling it? Try shaggy layers on curly hair, and you will immediately see the difference. Say bye-bye to those unruly locks!
10. Layered Curly Hair with Highlights
If you are out of ideas when getting a hairdo, a layered curly hair with highlights will give each ringlet bounce, and they will mesmerizingly fall on your back. Define the curls with some dark blonde highlights, and they will shine so bright.
11. Short Red Layered Curls
Layered red curly hair can look astonishing in all lengths, but if you want the change to be as dramatic as it can, go for a bob hair cut with bangs tossed on one side. You will look fierce and elegant at the same time!
12. Blonde Gray Layered Curly Hairstyle
No wonder that silver locks are so popular right now! When you want to give your mane that marvelous modern metallic touch, opt for a sombre that keeps the roots in a sandy blonde hue and transits to a gorgeous gray hair.
13. Short, Spunky Layers
Layered curly hair is fun because they always present an illusion. It’s impossible to tell how long (or short) your hair is when it’s curly. Adding short layers will thus introduce a variety of lengths. Some fall to your jaw, others brush your forehead, and still, others touch your shoulders.
Short Curly Hairstyles
14. Long Layered Spirals
Longer layers add lift, bounce, and volume to your hair. You have more texture and variation, plus a snip here or there will take the weight off of your curls, allowing them to be springier.
15. Body Waves
The layering in this hairstyle is subtle, but it lightens the load. The curls have more shape, which will give your locks lots of body. Look at that form and fullness—talk about hair envy!
16. Movement and Length
The secret to movement when you have spiraled locks is to experiment with curly hairstyles with layers. That’s one way to keep your curls long but not limp or shapeless.
Otherwise, the weight of your curls can pull them flat, so although you have long hair, it will look limp and lifeless without some variation.
17. Boho Lush
Wear it long, lush, and crazy curly to let your inner Bohemian goddess shine through. Notice how the shape of the hair, even with the headband, is full and even.
Boho Wedding Hairstyles
18. Tousled to Death
Tousled curls always look sexy. Maintain a signature bedhead coif by keeping your curls short, and your layers shagged. Consider the bangs as the first layer and use them as a guide.
19. Retro Curls
Eager for a head covered with full, lush curls? Opt for a layered curly hair with a retro skew. Short layers and styling products that are specifically designed for curls will help you pull off the look. Try to let your hair dry naturally whenever possible, as well.
20. Side Parted
With straight hair, layers can affect how you part your hair because it can run the risk of appearing uneven if you part it in a different direction than the one in which it was cut. That’s never a worry with curry layers. Change your part on the daily; your layers will never look uneven.
21. Come Out Swinging
You gotta love it when you see a photo of a hairstyle, and you can see the movement in it. These curls have layers all the way down. That’s why you can tell that they will swing and bounce each time the model moves. That’s what you want, curly ladies.
22. Volume to Spare
One of the primary reasons to ask your stylist for a curly layered haircut is that it’s a foolproof way to get volume without a lot of products. Layered curls automatically have lift. However, you won’t need to spray on an entire can of hairspray to keep them sky high.
23. Extreme Layers
It’s rare to even see the layers in a curly coif. When they’re visible, it’s on purpose. It’s a statement. Beyond that, extreme layers are ideal for extremely long hair—again, you have to lighten the load.
24. Short and Sassy
This cut has layers hiding everywhere—and they’re uneven! Anytime you’re in the market for an edgy haircut; uneven layers are the way to go. That creates a perpetual bedhead appearance that makes styling a breeze.
25. Romantic Curls
Layers truly are essential for long spiraled curls. You don’t want them to lose their shape or become frizzy. While an excellent hair care regimen is also necessary, you can’t underestimate the importance of a layered curly haircut that results in shape, movement, and a smooth, silky texture.
26. Stacked Layers
Look close, and you’ll spot three primary levels of layers in this cut. The shortest layer is right below the crown, then there’s a mid-length layer, and finally one near the ends.
Taking this approach will make things easier when you’re ready to grow out your hair—the layers won’t take forever to catch up to each other.
27. Shoulder Length Curls
Without layers, a hairstyle such as this one would be heavy, limp, and boring. The layers make the curls full and bouncy. Look—you could stack coins in those beauties.
28. An ’80s Attack
Crispy curls were ubiquitous in the ’80s and ’90s, but this full, textured cut still has some pull. Try to go with a more flexible styling product, though—that alone will help you avoid the crispiness.
29. Curly Cascade
Naturally curly hair with layers is always the way to go. Your natural curls need help to live up to their full potential. See how high the shortest layers begin? That’s how you end up with lush, voluminous curls no matter what the texture.
30. Beach Waves
Wavy hair is the bee’s knees, but if you’re not careful, the length and weight of your hair can pull the shape right out of them. You can request layers without losing any of your length. However, if you want to try to turn your waves into curls, then shorter layers are the answer.
31. Straight Bangs
Mixing straight hair with curls is an interesting way to go. The combination is eye-catching, and the juxtaposition will add a fresh aspect to your everyday look. Your shortest layer will be about the same level as your bangs.
32. Lion’s Mane
If you want to put the spotlight on your spirals, then this is the layered curly hairstyle for you. A series of layers make coiled curls springy and bouncy. You won’t even need any products to get out-of-this-world volume.
33. Layered Lob
Take your wavy locks to the next level by chopping them short. A lob like this one, a layered bob, will make both waves and curls more pronounced. Gotta love the tousle, too.
34. Mid-Length Layers
Medium-length hair can come off as boring and blah, even if it’s curly, coily, or kinky. Placing a few layers will make your curls more defined. They move, have texture, and look healthier.
35. Flawless Coils
There’s nothing prettier than a curly layered haircut with flawless curls that spiral down. The flow here is perfection. With a cut like this, the side part is genuinely all you need to create volume.
You have to take care of your curls. Everyone you know is secretly envious of them, so show them off to their best advantage with a layered curly hairstyle that flatters your features and your hair type.
50 Impressive Hairstyles for Naturally Curly Hair
Everyone loves bouncy natural curly hair, but only those who have it deal with the struggle behind the perfect locks. We know, there are so many days when your rebel curly hair don’t want to stay in place. This is why we try to make your life easier by presenting the 50 natural curly hairstyles to choose from for easy and impressive-looking hair every day. All hair lengths and colors included!
Check out these beautiful curly hairstyles that are on-trend right now:
1. Long Layered Haircut. You can easily obtain a look like this with a layered haircut and a beautiful blonde balayage. Also, tousle your hair a little bit for a more natural appearance.
2. Ombre Curls. African American hair is always spectacular with the right haircut. Highlight your curls with a beautiful ombre, and you’ll get a fabulous look.
3. Mid-Length Curls. A layered center-parted haircut visually adds more volume to your hair on both sides, and you get a fantastic look you’ll adore.
4. Big Curls with Bangs. A dark hair color combined with bangs can frame your face in a great way. If you want to add a little something to your look, throw in some babylights.
5. Bouncy Curls. This hairstyle is perfect for any kind of curls. You may keep your natural hair color and add a bit of spice to it with subtle highlights.
6. Cheeky Curly Bob. A great way to do your hair in a fun, girlish way. Such curly hair styles show the world how ready you are to enjoy your life and soak in the positive vibes! The haircut is medium-length, so you will feel comfortable even during the hottest day of the year.
7. Messy Shoulder-Length Cut. Even though it can’t be called long curly hair, you will still have space to experiment with various updos. With a bit of creative mess yet classy, this hairdo is the one you need for a sophisticated evening out.
8. Elegant Low Updo. If you are getting ready for a dinner in a fancy restaurant, you can choose a low messy bun that will make you look marvelous. Everyone will love it!
9. Voluminous Natural Curly Hair. If you are tired of straightening your hair every day, why fight with nature? Voluminous curls framing your face will highlight the beauty you were born with and boost your confidence!
10. Toasted Blonde Curls. This color shade is so eye-popping and makes your hair strands appear even more textured!
11. Big Airy Curls. You can’t stop admiring these textured, perfect loops! Every curl shines, and her mane is genuinely fascinating! Spritz a bit of hairspray to keep your curls in place.
12. Perfect Ringlets. This is how you make your hair stand out! Choose a shorter stacked shape for your curls. You’ll look divine, and everybody will notice your new style.
13. Curly Updo. Finding the best hairstyle for a fancy event is never easy, but with this hairdo, you’ll become a real diva.
14. Lush Curls. The weightless curls are admirable! Subtle highlights can make your hair appear more textured and chic. Keep your bangs on one side for a cool combover look.
15. Long Naturally Curly Hairstyle. Make your curls stand out with a pinch of purple color. The effect is undoubtedly eye-popping! Enjoy the attention you’ll receive after this significant change; you deserve it!
16. Two-Tone Shaggy Curly Cut. You can have hairstyles for curly hair in any color you like. If you want a rather classic option, an ombre with a smooth gradient in natural blonde or brunette is a perfect choice!
17. Loose Curl. A layered haircut will add even more volume to your hair, and you’ll get a glamorous natural look.
18. Bold Blonde Curls. That’s a way to shine! Tight ringlets are so lovely and perfect! If you want a breathtaking effect, you can also change your hair color into something bright, like a shiny blonde, or even pick an electric shade.
19. Layered Ombre Bob. Mix a good subtle ombre with a layered bob haircut for curls, and the result won’t disappoint. Define those ringlets with a bit of hair product to make your curls stand out even more.
20. Universal Style with Wide Bangs. This style is fitting for all curly hair types. Add curly bangs and watch the beautiful transformation! However, this style is among the demanding haircuts for curly hair, so try conditioning and oils tailored for natural curly hairstyles.
21. Messy Updo for Curls. A messy updo can save you a lot of time if you have rebel curls. You will also get a fantastic look. Say “goodbye” to those crazy mornings when you need to wake up earlier to fix your hair.
22. Flawless Curls.Short natural curly hair can be easy to style if you choose a cut with short sides.
23. Spiral Curls. Get a layered haircut, and you’ll give your hair a lot of volume. Wear your bangs on a side or just split it in the middle. Try using a hair product that defines your curls and keeps them bouncy the whole day.
24. Curly Twisted Updo. When it comes to long curly hair, there’s always room for playing with your loops. Be creative!
25. Tiny Tight Ringlets. It’s not always easy to find the perfect haircut when you have such rebel ringlets. A layered haircut would help you keep your hair in place.
26. Short Curls. A hairstyle like this will make you look younger, and this is the first reason you should give it a try. You won’t regret it.
27. Defined Loops. This hairstyle is so easy to maintain. Apply your hair care products when your mane is still wet and get a fantastic everyday look.
28. Soft Curls with Subtle Balayage. Getting a subtle blonde balayage will make your fine curls soft and cute. Can’t get enough of this color blend!
29. Bold Ringlets. The medium length naturally curly hair in this photo shines thanks to its density, beautiful texture, rounded shape and brightening highlights. Keep in mind that moisturizing is the key to fantastic ringlets.
30. Brunette Natural Curls. Classy, elegant, astonishing! These curls are every girl’s dream.
31. Messy Wavy Bob. Waves go perfectly with messy styling, and the example is right below.
32. Natural Loops. This is a worthy style to recreate. Combine your curls with a bob haircut, and you’ll love your new hairdo.
33. Angled Curly Bob. The popular angled shape and a standout hair color solution deliver a cool hairstyle with zest.
34. Beach Curls. This romantic tousled hairstyle goes well with a bob haircut and babylights.
35. Kinky Curly. The natural red corkscrew curls are tempting and touchable.
36. Long Banged Waves. Bangs add such a fresh air to these long beautiful waves. The highlighted ends are also a must!
37. Messy Ringlets. Get a stacked bob haircut and upgrade it with balayage highlights – your new look will be complemented by everyone.
38. Wild Curls. Highlight your natural curls by bleaching random pieces and/or dyeing them in a brighter color. The effect is spectacular, don’t you think?
39. Long Romantic Curls. Don’t need to panic if your hair gets frizzy, just find the perfect haircut for your type of hair.
40. Glossy Defined Curls. Moisturize your ringlets and they’ll make a statement wherever you go. A blue or gray tint makes the raven black more mysterious.
41. Thick Curly Shag. Thick hair is something any woman desires, and if you are one of those who have it, you are so lucky. Frame your face with some bangs and a mid-length shaggy haircut.
42. Curly Mane. These spiral curls are cute! Use a curl defining cream to get the look.
43. Afro Curls. Those marvelous ringlets probably make you jealous, we know. The chocolate and cinnamon blend is hot!
44. Long Curls. The boho-styled curls are just amazing. A layered haircut will help you obtain this mesmerizing look.
45. Long Purple Bob. Define your curls, and the next time you dye your hair, use a mix of purple and burgundy to add a statement color to your locks.
46. Rebel Curls. If you want to obtain a messy and rebel mullet-like look, get a shag cut, comb and tousle your hair.
47. Natural Curls with a Fringe. A longer layered hairstyle is the best for frizzy curls. Bangs are optional, as many girls with curly hair prefer to straighten them. But you may embrace them!
48. “Pineapple” Bun. We love pineapple hairdos, and so should you! They look amazing on any hair type, especially on your natural curls.
49. Chocolate Spiral Curls. Get your ringlets in shape with some moisturizing and curl defining products.
50. Pintura Highlights. With this fantastic technique, you get every curl painted individually. The result is outstanding because it will add dimension to your hair. This is a MUST TRY for naturally curly hair!
Curly hair requires a lot of attention and styling, but with the right curly haircut and products for curls you achieve envious looks. There are some tricks you can use to keep your hair beautiful and healthy: always comb your hair starting from the bottom, trim it regularly, use moisturizing products and a wide tooth comb. Be inventive with your natural curly hairstyles!
Attention, attention! All you curly haired ladies out there, listen up. Because I’ve got some news for you that will change your life. News that will make maintaining your curls so much easier. News that will make your appointment at the hairdresser’s that much less stressful. Are you ready? Okay, here goes…
The best haircut to sport to maximize the definition of your curls is a layered cut. The gradually increasing lengths of different sections of your hair allow your curls to bounce around in their full glory, making them look exactly the way you dreamed of.
Though I would always recommend getting your hair cut only by a professional hairdresser, I totally understand if you would rather just do it yourself at home. If that’s what you want to do, then I’ve got you covered, pretties!
How To Cut Your Hair In Layers At Home
What You Need
- Hair brush/wide toothed comb
- Hair elastic
- Scissors (specifically made for cutting hair)
How To Cut Your Hair
- Start off with damp hair (but not overtly wet) as this is when your curly hair is the straightest.
- Brush/comb out all the knots and tangles from your hair. This is super important because any knots left in your hair can make your layers turn out uneven.
- Bend your head forward and flip your hair in front of you.
- Staying in this position, tie all your hair into a ponytail right at the apex of your forehead. The hair elastic should be a couple of inches away from your head.
- If you want to go for subtle layers and leave your hair long, slide your hair elastic down until there are only a couple of inches left in the ponytail. If you want shorter, more drastic layers, slide your hair elastic just a few inches down and leave a major part of your hair in the ponytail.
- Hold your hair elastic in place and cut off your ponytail in one even line from under it. Make sure that you are not cutting your hair at an angle as this will make your layers lopsided.
- Remove the hair elastic and check out your layered hair.
- If you see any uneven sections of hair, trim them out to put finishing touches on your new haircut.
Curly Layered Haircuts And Face Shapes
There are a bunch of ways you can go when styling your layered haircut, all of which depend on your face shape. I know, I know, this whole face shape concept may seem elusive to a majority of you. So, to make your life easier (because I’m nice like that) I have done my research and found the best curly layered haircut you can sport based on the shape of your face. You’re welcome.
- If you have a round face, a long bob with subtle layers that end right at your jawline will give your face a little more elongated effect.
- Boy, are you in luck if you have a heart shaped face because there are a ton of layered cuts you can experiment with. You could try out out a short layered pixie if you’re going for an edgier look. Or you could go with long even layers with straight or side swept bangs to create a more adorable hair look.
- A short cropped bob with layers that end just at the chin works great on oval/oblong face shapes because it lends softness to an otherwise sharp facial structure. Another great layered style you can sport is long, evenly cut layers with a side swept fringe.
- If you have a square face shape, you could go for a layered bob with some subtle bangs or long subtle layers right at the ends.
- Well, now that you know how to cut your own hair in layers and which style will suit your face shape the best, let’s jump into my top picks for styling your curly hair in a layered cut.
20 Best Layered Hairstyles For Curly Hair
1. Layered Super Long Bob On Kinky Curls
Having super long hair with kinky curls can be quite a literal pain in the neck. So, to reduce the weight on your head and to give your gorgeous curls a chance to unfurl in all their glory, go for a layered super long bob that is oh-so-easy to style.
2. Long Even Layers On Texturized Curls
Editorial credit: Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com
Carrie Bradshaw has been a style icon for the modern woman for years now, and for a good reason. She absolutely nailed the layered cut for her wildly texturized curly hair and how! Her long evenly cut layers parted down the middle make for a perfect hair look for a woman living life in the fast lane.
3. Drastic Layers On Beachy Waves
Editorial credit: FashionStock.com / Shutterstock.com
Joan Smalls sure knows how to serve some serious ~looks~ when strutting down the runway. If you have long and lazy wavy hair like hers, here’s a cut that will suit your brilliantly. Go for drastically staggered layers that will add more definition to your waves and give them that extra bounce.
4. Layered Bob And Bangs On Kinky Curls
Editorial credit: Rena Schild / Shutterstock.com
When you’re taking hair inspiration from Alicia Keys, you’re taking hair inspiration from the best. To make the most of the oodles of volume of her kinky curls, she went for a short layered bob and subtle curly bangs to create this afro-ish hair look.
5. Uneven Layers On Tightly Coiled Hair
Editorial credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com
A great thing about a layered cut is that there are a ton of ways in which you can experiment with it. You could, for instance, do what Zendaya did and go for haphazardly cut uneven layers on your tightly coiled curls and leave your length long to create this wild and carefree hair look.
6. Shoulder Length Layers On Low Curls
Editorial credit: Everett Collection / Shutterstock.com
Does your hair do that strange thing where it’s straight on top and curly at the bottom? If it does, then you’re one of those very few lucky ones on whom a layered cut looks marvelous. Just go for some shoulder length layers to allow your low curls to unfurl beautifully and create this stunning hair look.
7. Shaggy Layers And Curly Bangs
If a girl-next-door look is what you’re going for, then this is a haircut you definitely need to try out. First, get shoulder grazing layers cut into your big spiral curls. Then, finish off your cutesy look by cutting some of your front curls into bangs that end right at your brows.
8. Messy Layers On Long Ginger Curls
One thing that all these boho chic girls on Instagram seem to have in common is long curly hair that cascades down their back. Recreate that magical look by cutting your ginger curls into long messy layers that require little to no time to style.
9. “Barely There” Layers On Thick Curls
A big fear that many curly haired girls have about getting their hair cut in layers is that they’ll lose their volume. Well, let me tell you, a good layered cut will combat this problem swiftly. If you have thick curls, get your hair cut in subtle layers that look like they’re barely there and part your hair on one side to create this gorgeous natural look.
10. Stepped Layers On Bouncy Curls
If you are blessed with big bouncy curls and are on the lookout for a good haircut to show them off, check out this style. A stepped layer cut separates curls and allows them the space to bounce around uninhibited. Swoop you curls down on one side of your face to give off a mysterious vibe.
11. Subtle Layered Bob On Kinky Curls
The simplest way to get your kinky curly hair cut in layers is to take a more subtle approach. If your layers are too drastic and far apart, your bob may end up looking rather triangular and awkward around your head. So, go for some subtle layers and end your bob at the shoulder to create this simple and classic look.
12. Long Sweeping Layers On Loose Curls
Editorial credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com
When it comes to curls, no one can beat the beauty of those sported by Annalynne McCord on 90210. Her long curly hair looks even more resplendent owing to the long sweeping layers it is cut in. You can just wash your hair and leave them be to look as stunning as her.
13. Short Layered Bob On Dented Curls
Editorial credit: s_bukley / Shutterstock.com
Charlize Theron sure knows what she’s doing with her hair when it comes to layering it. She has highlight her beautifully dented curls by getting them cut in a short layered bob. The even layers accentuate her sharp cheekbones and jawline to make her look like the Ice Queen that she is (in)famously known to be.
14. Ombre Layers On Low Curls
You know what you can do to add to the structure and beauty of your layered haircut? You could go for an ombre hair color look. Your low curls are bound to blossom and shine in this color and cut when parted down the middle. Just make sure you take good care of your bleached hair if you want to maintain your curls.
15. Shaggy Layers With Shaggy Bangs
Editorial credit: Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com
Of course, Rihanna knows what she’s doing with her hair and you need to take some style inspiration from her. Take this short shag haircut, for instance. With shaggy layers and texturized curly bangs, she looks every bit the rockstar that she is. If you want to look even edgier, bleach your hair blonde the way she did.
16. Gradual Layers On Messy Waves
Editorial credit: Ovidiu Hrubaru / Shutterstock.com
Are super structured haircuts not your style? Do you like your hair looking like they naturally grew out that way? Then this haircut with layers that descend gradually and transition beautifully into her medium length hair will work perfectly for you. Style them sleeked down on top and parted on one side (like model Frederikke Sofie) to create a bold and edgy look.
17. Long Layers On Long Curly Hair
Image : Getty
If you’re anything like me, you’re probably extremely against the idea of letting go of your long tresses. But if you still want to go for a layered cut to better manage your curls, you can try out this gorgeous long layered haircut for curly hair in which the layers are concentrated at the length of your hair past your shoulders.
18. Layered Long Bob On Frizzy Curls
Editorial credit: Denis Makarenko / Shutterstock.com
Trust Gwen Stefani to either GO BIG or go home. And goes big she does with this big curly hair look. Instead of trying to tame down her wild frizzy curls, Stefani has embraced them and gone for a long layered bob that frames her face and makes her look like the boss ass bitch that she is.
19. Short Texturized Layers And Curls
Editorial credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com
Take a page out of Vanessa Hudgens’ lookbook and try out this effortlessly chic bob cut to show off your messy curls. Go for a short layered bob and style it with tons of texturizing spray to get this sexy look. And if you want to up the ante, finish off with some caramel balayage highlights.
20. Short Stacked Layers On Soft Curls
How many years have you spent avoiding getting a super short cut out of fear that your curls will make you look like a cotton ear bud? Fear no more! For ladies with soft loose curls, a short haircut with stacked layers that frame your face and end just below your ears makes for a youthful and romantic hair look.
Our list of layered hairstyles for curly hair ends here. So, what are you waiting for, my curly haired chiquitas? Go forth and live all your layered hair dreams and watch in awe as your curly tresses reach their full potential of bounce and beauty. And while you’re at it, comment below and let us know which cut and style made you pick up your phone and schedule an appointment with your hairdresser!
Arshiya Syeda is an editor and certified counselor. Ever the lover of the written word, she served on the editorial boards of her school and college newsletters. Writing articles on hairstyles, hair care, and nutrition helped her combine her love for reading, writing, and research. As an editor, she helps her team members deliver polished and meticulously researched content. Arshiya is fluent in English, Urdu, and Hindi and aims to become a multilinguist by learning German and teaching herself American Sign Language (ASL).
Hair layered curly
60 Styles and Cuts for Naturally Curly Hair
Curly or wavy hair is equally referred to as a blessing and a trouble. Curls do not always settle as you’d like them to, get extremely voluminous or simply stick out whimsically. Does it mean you should make good friends with a flat iron? Well, it’s quite tiresome to struggle with the curly structure of your hair on a daily basis, especially in wet weather. So wouldn’t it be better to look for more convenient, on-trend hairstyles, flattering for your face and suitable for your life style? Here are 60 stylish hairstyles for curly hair you can adopt for your chic looks.
Your Options for Curly Hairstyles
- Short curly hair. Short bouncy curls look fantastic with long side-swept bangs. You can flat iron the bangs or keep them curly, same as the remaining tresses. Subtle highlights enhance the texture and add dimension to your hairstyle. Punk-inspired hairstyles with messy curls and edgy bangs will also go fine with short hair.
- Medium-length curly hair. Large loose waves, medium springy curls and smaller ringlets match perfectly with shoulder-length haircuts. Stylists recommend tousled hairstyles with waves and curls as well as beachy waves and maximally natural looks. Most girls who have naturally curly hair are not sure about bob haircuts, since curly locks normally shrink and look not only shorter than expected, but also overly voluminous. If your hair is very dense, it can be thinned out from the inside to get a more appealing hairstyle shape eventually. The length should also be considered. Other than that, don’t be in a hurry to turn down an idea of a bob haircut even if your hair is naturally curly. Below you can see some very nice examples with wavy and curly bobs.
- Long curly hair. Long lengths also provide you with multiple options: defined polished curls, natural breezy waves or messed up tendrils/ringlets with braiding sections or without. To lighten up long curls, it’s recommended to use layering that offers a flawless revitalized look to your long hairstyles with curly texture.
Best Ideas for Hairstyles with Curly Hair
And now let’s see the most inspiring examples of curl trends.
#1: Elegant Updo for Natural Curly Hair
Your natural texture is your secret weapon of sexiness and elegance, so next time you have a formal event, don’t reach for a straightener. Instead, create a loose french braid and hide its end into a full messy bun. Pull out some wispy bang pieces to complete the look.
#2: Medium Curly Combover Hairstyle
If you’re finally ready to take your long curly hair into the medium length world, try it with a side-part combover that lands right at the shoulder. Your hair look will livelier than ever, and instead of curls weighed down by gravity, the cut gives them fresh bounce.
#3: Pretty Curly Black Bob with Side Bangs
There’s no question; a long jet black bob is one of our favorite ways to wear cute hairstyles for naturally curly hair. It’s a style that works great for women who don’t have overly curly locks. The side part and the loose waves frame the face. You can also tuck the shorter side behind one ear for a more casual appeal.
#4: Long U Cut for Curly Hair
U-cut natural curly hairstyles look great if your hair has long, loose waves. The dark-brown color proudly shows off your hair’s natural shimmer and shine.
#5: Medium Length Curly Layered Hairstyle
Layers can be used on medium length natural, curly hair to generate volume at the roots and enhance the organic texture of your locks. Ask your stylist to include a few extra layers around your face for a softer, more flattering look.
#6: Bob Hairstyle for Curly Hair
Curly hair ideas for shorter locks can be challenging to find, so why not keep things simple and just opt for a classic bob? However, choose your length carefully – your mane might be more difficult to manage if you go too short.
#7: Mid-Length Curly Hairstyle with Curly Bangs
A full set of thick and luscious bangs brings out all the best aspects of your medium curly hair, and the brown base color with dark blonde highlights helps it look especially well-nourished and healthy. If you have brown eyes, a pop of bright red lipstick can make an excellent addition to the face-framing shoulder-length cut.
#8: Gorgeous Medium Curly Bouncy Hairstyle
There’s a lot of flexibility in this shoulder length curly hairstyle because it looks equally attractive when parted on the side and down the middle. The subtly highlighted brown tone is neutral and low-key. You can easily grab a handful of curls and pull them into a ponytail or a topknot for an extra-sporty style.
#9: Ravishing Golden Blonde Curly Hairstyle
Bey, Bey, Bey, Bey-ond cute, you’ll look just like Beyonce with a fabulous star-struck hairstyle shown here. The messy long and loose girly curls create a fullness that takes the style to new “heights.”
#10: Messy Curly Brunette Shag
We just love naturally curly haircuts that show off your eyes and frame the face. If you like your curls to appear tousled and effortless, you’ll appreciate the style. There’s something about the shag that attracts modern day fashionistas. It’s a wash and wear cut that’s simple to style and maintain.
#11: Medium Layered Cut for Loose Curls
Curly haircuts done on dry hair guarantee that your curl pattern will fit into the cut. If you don’t want extra volume on top, style with straighter roots. When you part your hair off-centre or on the side and allow the sides to drop down to the clavicle, the curls have a natural way of framing and slimming down your face. The chocolate brown color is luxurious and rich.
#12: Caramel Brown Natural Layered Hair with Bangs
What style should you go for when you want a haircut for long hair that’s super-curly? How about a Nicole Kidman inspired hairstyle in a trendy, delicious color? The curlicue tendrils and long wispy bangs set off the eyes and taper down to emphasize the lips. If you’ve got it, flaunt it!
#13: Adorable Bob with Bangs
Short naturally curly hairstyles can skew dated when not done right. (Think of your lovely grandma with short curls.) The barely perceptible A-line angle and light shaping in the back make this bob both simple and youthful.
#14: Beautiful Layered Lioness
Who doesn’t have an inner lioness? Curly girls are lucky, because they can let it out. There’s a reason all of our favorite curly-haired divas have tried this look: it’s incredibly sexy. The dark eyebrows and roots only make this style that much better.
#15: Pretty Wavy Blonde Balayage Lob
Haircuts for naturally curly hair are always in style, after all, not every woman wants to spend her precious morning time fussing with a blow dryer. To update your lob, finger-comb it, add a bit of mousse, and let it air dry.
#16: Long Curly Hairstyle for Balayage Hair
Balayage hair differs from ombre. Both are typically darker at the roots and become lighter towards the ends, but balayage is designed to make your tresses look like they have natural, sun-kissed highlights. It’s smoother and less high maintenance than ombre coloring, and particularly beautiful in long curly hairstyles.
#17: Mid-Length Light Pastel Pink Curly Hairstyle
If you’re running out of unique hair color ideas for your wispy, curly locks, look no further. The long pink-blonde tendrils float around the cheeks and eyes in the sea of tender waves. If your hair is soft, fine and light, it’s a beautiful hair color choice.
#18: Medium Curly Brunette Shag with Babylights
Curly hairstyles can be worn in a variety of ways, which is quite practical, because as the weather changes, so does the tightness of your curl. One way to avoid surprises is to cut your hair into a medium length shag. These shaggy layers have a sparkle of babylights, and the big curls do a great job of framing the face.
#19: Layered Curly Style with Medium Size Curls
This layered style is for medium hair that’s very curly. Ask for layers around your face to develop a gradient of thickness from the roots to the ends, so that the focus is on your face and attention is drawn to your features.
#20: Long V Cut for Curly Hair
When you think of choosing one idea from many beautiful hairstyles for naturally curly hair, you might be overwhelmed. It’s even more difficult when your hair is super-long and has a tendency to be frizzy. The key to keeping your copper brown curls controlled and orderly is a calming hair cream or an extra-strong mousse.
#21: Medium Voluminous Hairstyle with Bouncy Curls
If you’ve been blessed with a full head of super-curly hair, show it off proudly with a voluminous layered hairstyle. The dark color of this bouncy lob makes your hair look dense yet lightweight.
#22: Inverted Black Bob for Curly Hair
When you leave the length a little longer in the front, hairstyles for naturally curly hair gain a nice structured look. Jet black and stacked in the back: it’s a sophisticated option that works great with wavy or curly hair. Make sure your stylist remembers to cut it in the length that will still look fabulous in climates with high humidity.
#23: Medium U Cut with Defined Curls
Defining your curls with a product is one of the best ways to enhance your waves and make them look even curlier than they already are. It’s a flexible hairstyle that can be parted on a side or down the middle, and you’ll create a more detailed look by adding strategically placed copper highlights.
#24: Collarbone Wavy Hairstyle with Bangs
When you are dealing with the in-between stages of growing your hair out from a shorter cut, try a shaggy, tomboyish style. Shags are ideal for short naturally curly hair because they’re cute and easy to style.
#25: Medium Layered Curly Hairstyle
Oodles of textured copper bronze curls cascade on the shoulders and soar around the face like a soft cloud. Natural curly hair is so beautiful, as it is, it just needs a suitable layered cut and some subtle highlights.
#26: Medium Highlighted Style with Loose Curls
This highlighted style with loose curls is incredible on mid length hair. It looks windswept and beachy, like you’ve just spent a good week in the sunshine. It’s chic and effortless, without being too loud and overpowering. It also suits any age and any face shape.
#27: Short Blonde Balayage Hairstyle for Natural Hair
One of the most standout hairstyles for curly hair is the short blonde balayage style with dark roots. Even though the light blonde hue at the ends is distinctive and vibrant, the gradient color effect appears beautifully sun-kissed and authentic.
#28: Medium Natural Hairstyle with Brown Balayage
The fun and frolicking naturally curly bob is anything but straight laced. Chocolate brown loop-de-loop curls trickle around the forehead, sides and nape of the neck in a flirty, careless way.
#29: Messy Shoulder-Length Hairstyle for Curly Hair
Medium length naturally curly hairstyles can sometimes become overly voluminous. Not here! Calm, cool and neat, the shoulder-length layered chocolate brown cut is easy-going and not over-the-top. The simple wavy lines and a tousled side part make it a spectacular choice for tomboy girls who want to inject a little femininity into their style.
#30: Mid-Length Curly Layered Cut
For ladies with super-thick curly hair, a shaggy layered cut with bangs can be a creative way to control and taper down the volume. If you have dark brown hair, add some light chocolate highlights to help define each ringlet. Use your fingers to poof it up a little bit in the back.
#31: Curled Layered Brunette Hairstyle
If you have naturally thick and wavy hair that tends to be unmanageable, curly styles with layers will work for you. Layers give the unruly curls shape, and a part further structures the cut.
#32: Chocolate Brown Bob with Luscious Curls
The amazing full-bodied brown curls create an envious mane that grazes the shoulders to emphasize the wearer’s femininity. An excessive volume and frizz is tamed with a product suitable for your hair type. A quality mousse will cope with the task in most cases.
#33: Pretty Long Curly Hair with Bangs
If you’ve been wearing your long curls in too-tight ponytails, you might be noticing that your hairline is getting thin and your forehead is more prominent. One good way around the problem is to cut your hair into a shaggy style with curly bangs. Your hair will get lift and show a lot more body and texture when the curls are slightly shorter and allowed to spring up naturally.
#34: Low Curly Bun with Loose Curls
Another type of long-length hairstyles for curly hair is relaxed low updos. The loose, thick, side braids help bring details to the feminine and romantic up style full of delicate curls. The subtle highlights enhance your complexion and give depth to the base hair color.
#35: Messy Lob with Large Messy Curls
Your long, loopy curls can look amazing in voluminous tousled hairstyles. “Messy” is the key word here, and that’s just what you should be thinking when you are styling this look. Part it on a side, work product into your curls, scrunch, and let your blonde waves dry naturally to reduce the frizzies.
#36: Medium Layered Dishwater Blonde Curls
Thin curly hair doesn’t have to be boring or flat. Your first step to liven it up is to give it a healthy dose of blonde highlights. Then, part it on a side and let some of the tendrils flutter around the face, framing the forehead and cheekbones. Match the tone of your eyebrows with your roots to give this casual layered cut a bit more of edgy sophistication.
#37: Wavy Messy Bronde Bob
Keep your waves and curls messy and easy to style by choosing simple bob haircuts for curly hair that only need a quick finger comb to look amazing. The partial sun-kissed highlights help define loose tendrils on the sides making the style more detailed and visually interesting.
#38: Short Stacked Curly Bob
Cute and sassy, this short chocolate brown bob with babylights works wonderfully for thick hair. The extra long tendrils in the front act as an extension of the curly bangs and soften the face. The curls have been cut into an inverted shape, which helps the ringlets stand out and adds a lot of fullness in the back.
#39: Messy Updo for Curly Hair
One of the easiest hairstyles for naturally curly hair, a messy updo only takes a few minutes to construct. Simply take small sections of hair, make loose twists and pin them into place. And remember, it’s meant to give a laid-back and effortless impression.
#40: Short Curly Bob with Subtle Highlights
One of cute, curly hairstyles for shorter hair is a neat natural bob with subtle highlights. Due to the length, this style often works better with thinner hair. Thick hair can seem too bushy or overgrown. The highlights add a sun-kissed, romantic touch for a feminine and youthful-looking ‘do.
#41: Romantic Pinned Updo for Shorter Curly Hair
Ideal for a formal event or special occasion, a pinned updo is ultra sassy and sensual when paired with a pretty ruffled or floral dress. Simply take small sections of hair and twist them before pinning at the nape of your neck. Make sure that you leave some curls alone to hang softly around the face for added drama.
#42: Inverted Bob for Curly Hair
Women with curls can embrace the natural body of their hair with an inverted bob. For curly hair it’s much more appealing than the average one-length bob that is chopped blunt above the shoulders. Here the back is stacked and more voluminous, while the front is longer and pretty in the way it frames the face.
#43: Curly Messy Blonde Bob
Meant to be worn messy to appear effortlessly cool, like you’ve only just got out of bed, this curly bob looks seriously stylish. If you are not particularly fond of your natural curl pattern, all you have to do is work on small sections with a curling iron to shape some prettier curls.
#44: Messy Angelic Look
This ethereal hair style reminds us of everything we love about the seventies. To get this look, treat your curls to a defining cream and a leave-in conditioner and then let hair dry naturally, fluffing and separating curls as they dry.
#45: Long Highlighted Hairstyle with Spiral Curls
Tame your frizzy, uncontrollable spiral curls by wearing your mane long and adding highlights as a point of interest. Part to the side or off-centre for a less predictable look.
#46: Soft and Sexy Curls
When you have natural curls, styles like this can seem out of reach since frizz is so common with curly hair. It’s all about finding out what your hair truly wants. Infrequent washes along with products formulated with natural oils and nut butters can be life changing.
#47: Natural Braid Crown
Natural curly hairstyles can be challenging if your hair is ultra thick and coarse. Keep things under control with a fancy braid crown that shows off natural hair without letting it go wild. This throwback hairstyle has been popular with black women for generations – and with good reason.
#48: Curly Bob with Blonde Balayage Highlights
A dark, curly bob can be given an edgy and alternative look by throwing in some high contrast blonde balayage highlights. The stark color contrast might not be for the faint-hearted, but it doesn’t mean that it’s any less fabulous. All you need is confidence to rock it.
#49: Extra Long Hairstyle for Curly Hair
If you’ve always dreamt of having mermaid-like tresses, this extra long hairstyle for curly hair is cool and quirky for the younger generation. Whether it’s your natural hair or an easy way to gain length – extensions – you’ll be attracting admiring glances!
#50: Brown Curly Hairstyle with Blonde Highlights
If you’re searching for a curly style that is slightly different and more eccentric than the others, your best bet is to go for two contrasting colors, like this example of dark brown and light blonde. Less natural-looking, but still spectacular, it adds unbelievable dimension and flawless definition to your curls.
#51: V-Cut Long Curly Blonde Hairstyle
Long curly hair gives off a less voluminous appearance as your locks are pulled down by their natural weight. For a unique and fashion-forward style, choose a V-cut instead of a blunt chop. Tres chic.
#52: Adorable Red Breezy Tresses
You believe the hands of a stylist have never touched these delightful locks. It’s rather a job of the sea breeze that shaped them into fantastic natural waves and the generous sun that charged them with exquisite brightness.
#53: Tousled Bronde
It looks like wind was playing with her hair: swept bangs to one side, disheveled the curls and even blurred the parting line. And the effect is stunning, as you can judge yourself.
#54: Curly Messy Medium Cut with Bangs
Are your curls full and fluffy? Do you think you look your best with curly bangs? Go for a layered cut that offers a rounded shape and freedom for your curls to show off their texture.
#55: Chocolate Delight
Here the rich curls are forwarded on the face, framing it in a flirty manner. The rounded shape of this classy hairstyle in tandem with the broken curls and edgy contours look pretty harmonious and up-to-the-minute.
#56: Medium Loosely Curled Hairstyle with Highlights
Reminiscent of the 1980’s, big curly hair is making a comeback! The loco loose curls dance around the head and take on a life of their own. Softly highlighted with honey tones, each curl gently falls into one another. Go big, or go home!
#57: Elegant Loose Updo for Wavy Hair
Natural curly hairstyles that are accented with gorgeous highlights look very elegant when they are arranged in simple yet snazzy updos. The loose tendrils drape over the ears and eyes, while the rest is pulled backward to balance out this gentle wildness in the front. Think Charlize Theron in her breakout movie the Devil’s Advocate circa 1997.
#58: Curly Black Bob with Babylights
Revamp your shoulder length dark locks by incorporating babylights in a lighter hue. These will bring out texture and dimension of your hair for a beautiful, natural, sun-kissed look.
#59: Curly and Bold
When choosing a hair color, why stay mundane? Or commit to one color for that matter. Instead, go for some vibrant streaks of purple, pink and blue. Curly hair showcases highlights beautifully, but cute pops of color are even better.
#60: Bold Bandana Updo
Naturally curly hair is the best candidate for wearing bandanas. This easy style has an edgy, fresh feel to it that never fails to get noticed. To achieve this look, pin your hair up and wrap the bandana around your hairline, knotting it tightly to one side. Pull out a few locks for a messier look.
Well, that’s how you can rock your curly styles. If you are willing to try something new, make sure you will go to a professional stylist. Hair will grow back anyway, but it’s extremely important that you are happy with your cut and style right away, because we know: it’s going to make your day/week/month brighter.
Our communication was always filled with a bunch of vulgar hints, but not a single vulgarity was spoken out loud. Relationship with Svetka came to naught after one of our beautiful evenings of passion, I called her Alice. A long quarrel, a short reconciliation, sex, another long quarrel, and now our relationship turned into hello-bye.
I missed her as a friend, but I saw that I became unpleasant for her, and all attempts to return the old relationship beat like waves against rocks. Turning into sea dust.
- Slow country songs 2019
- Accord v6 transmission problems
- Core i5 9600k
- Archer dvd box set
- Robot generator sonic cd
- Penta career center classes
- Can worksheet for kindergarten
- Invisible cabinet locks
- 00 gauges tunnels
- Bogalusa daily news arrest
- E621 switch dog
- Vertical metal family sign
Hobs has never seen such a thing. From the spectacle of female ananism, he came into violent ecstasy and his hand fell on his penis. In complete silence, in a brightly lit room - those, sitting opposite each other, they announced. Madame Solbe finished first.