They may be one of the most frightening images to physically encounter, however sharks are becoming one of the most popularly requested tattoos in ink studios across the globe! Although they are more common amongst men, shark tattoos are gracing bodies of all walks of life, simply because they can be added to almost any design, offer a 3D image on the body and of course, they are beautiful creatures -(when you are not actually face to face with them!) The fact is that people are fascinated by sharks but fear them and with good reason. However, shark tattoos give people the ability to truly see how amazingly beautiful the animals really are! Plus – they make for some pretty sick ink!
- This is a really interesting design because it’s part of many images covering his arms and his hands. It’s hard to tell if he has the sea type theme going on through here or not but regardless this is a cool design. The shark is small but it has a lot of detail in that makes it’s super.
2. The way they drew this image makes the shark look like it’s swimming upstream. It’s a pretty unique look that captures the hunter mentality of a shark.
3. Check out those teeth! It’s a pretty interesting representation of a shark face. The image itself is pretty simple but the lines are still strong and effectively convey that this is a pretty ominous beast.
4. Here’s a tribal meets shark look that is both intense and bold. There is a lot of vivid lines that creates a really scary shark.
In most cases, just the image of a shark strikes a certain sense of fear in most individuals. Especially after the infamous movie Jaws – sharks have been given a pretty bad wrap when it comes to the damage they can cause. Even just the sight of a shark fin is likely to make your heart skip a beat or two. But when it comes to tattoos, you need to look behind this popular depiction and your instinctive fear and read the symbolism behind this tattoo. In fact, incorporating sharks into your tattoo design can change the entire image of the final piece. Nautical tattoos that use sharks amongst the ocean can bring a new meaning to the piece – one that can symbolize strength, dominance or even aquatic balance.
5. You have to be pretty brave to get a tattoo in the spot she did. It’s known to be a tender spot, but that didn’t stop her. This image is beautiful. It has hints of tribal design in it but it also has it’s own originality as well.
6. There is so much detail in this piece. It’s very striking and overpowering. The shading is so well done and the various lines and curves and just well thought out detail is hard to match. Both the artist and the canvas did a great job on this collaboration. Notice it’s on the side of his calf. What are your thoughts about the placement?
7. This is a pretty gnarly look. It’s impressive and wild. It seems to beat to its own rhythm and has so much going on. The shading here is so professional because it allows us to see so many variations within the art. It’s such a great work.
On the contrary of what people may think, many people utilize shark tattoos to symbolize their survival from a shark attack. This shows that they have have not only conquered the fear, but want a constant reminder of their new gratefulness of life itself. Call it a second chance, if you will. Someone who has dedicated their life to the study of this really dangerous and enigmatic creature may also consider a shark tattoo to showcase their admiration for the animal. While these are some of the reasons that people get a shark tattoo, you will find a lot of other reasons as you dive just a bit deeper – no pun intended!
8. Here’s another great look for tribal meets shark. It’s bold and basic yet it has so much to offer.
9. This is just plain cool. First, the shark’s skin looks real. They did a great job with coloring and shading. Second, it looks like it’s in his head, like it entered and is still moving through. It’s a pretty thought provoking piece.
10. We like this fun and carefree take on the shark. He is still acknowledging its a formidable beast with those awful teeth but he makes him a little less scary with the funky hat and eye glass.
Whether you are considering a shark tattoo to symbolize your courage, fascination or simply because you like the way they look on the body – there may just be a deeper meaning behind your choice. Some people choose it as a talisman for protection. In many cultures, sharks have a place in folklore and legends. Those who live by the sea or make their living from the same, would indeed give a lot of importance to sharks among other aquatic life. However, the shark is one of the toughest predator in the waters and is known to be able to live for a decent amount of time when removed from the water. Even while on board the ship of it’s capture. As such, many individuals opt for a shark tattoo as a metaphor of their own adaptability for means of survival.
11. Here’s another really cool look with the shark looking like it’s going through her body. This image has some pretty cool line details.
12. This tribal hammerhead is on point. It’s so deep you can see the raised look on his skin. The artist did such a phenomenal job with the variation of details in every aspect of the shark. Even his mouth with the small, fang like teeth have razor sharp authenticity.
13. We really like how intense this image is with the girl inside the shark. It could represent a myriad of things but perhaps it alludes to lost love. The color choices really make for an ominous look that makes you want to empathize with him.
In New Zealand, among the native Maori Tribe who were one of the pioneers in the tattoo arena, the shark tattoo played a vital role. The shark tattoo was a badge of honor for those who managed to survive an attack by a shark. They also used this tattoo to mark other achievements. Among the Maoris it was believed that the shark ruled over all creatures of the sea. Thereby considered kingly and noble. They respected the shark and the qualities it had. The teeth of shark also featured in rituals and had a lot of value.
14. Here is a great hand tattoo with the shark entering one hand and exiting the other one.
15. We love the way the tail extends up past his shoulder and onto his back. It’s a pretty deep tattoo and looks legit.
16. This is pretty graphic and really captures the fear that sharks evoke in people. It’s hard to tell what is behind the shark but it almost looks like flesh. The way the mouth appears bloody is pretty intense. It seems like the shark is plowing through with no care for what it destroys in the process.
Since getting a shark tooth was by no means an easy feat, the giving of a shark tooth to someone meant we are honoring them. Among the many levels of symbolism attached to a shark tattoo the most popular ones are courage and strength. The shark could represent both fear and courage depending on who you are talking to.
17. This is a really great half sleeve. There is so many imagery going on. Check out the blood on the sharks mouth. Do you think he will fill the the open space on his elbow and bicep?
18. This is a great example if you want a small shark tattoo. We like the yellow bubbles.
19. Here is a fantastic and very large tribal shark tattoo design.
20. This is such a great piece. There were definitely a few ink sessions involved here since there’s some layering that took place. The details and shading are well done and the contrast looks fantastic.
21. This inner tattoo is the perfect placement for this shark. The artist did a really great job with the line detail in this image.
The study of sharks show that they are not only survivors and predators but are also creatures of great intelligence – another reason why shark tattoos have become so popular. The animals come in all shapes and sizes, as do people. No matter how advanced our lives are how well protected we are, the one thing that strikes fear in the mind of a person on the sea is the appearance of a shark. This is because they have the innate ability to spot movement in water, smell the slightest trace of blood and move for the kill. Many business-oriented people that also love tattoos, opt for designs that incorporate sharks to symbolize their own work ethic as well.
22. This is another really deep inked piece of work. The tribal look for sharks continues to gain popularity and we can see why. It’s a bold, fierce look that is trendy and edgy.
23. These sharks have more of a portrait feel to them. The artist did an incredible job really capturing the look of a real life shark. Portraits of any kinds are tough to do and they did it flawlessly.
24. Check out the detail within every aspect of this shark.
Shark tattoos are often made to look fearsome and aggressive to symbolize all these qualities. It goes without saying that some may get it in the form of a cartoon or a caricature to ensure that it does not look so scary. Choose the tattoo design you like depending on where you are getting it and how big it is.
You can move forward to see some more images related to Most Popular SharkTattoo Designs:
25. This is a wild design. What are your thoughts? This took much time and effort.
26. This took some excellent shading to make it look this good.
27. This is pretty incredible. The way they shaded behind the colors makes the sharks appear as though they are coming off his body.
28. This may be one of our favorites. Check out the story this piece is telling. The boat looks so real. The artist really captured the shocking fierceness that is a shark. Even the clouds look scary. The shading and choice of colors is on point. The ships appears to be plowing through the water. The whole thing is just great.
29. This back piece is another one we really like. It simply oozes with imagery and beautiful details. Check out all the sharks swimming behind he main shark. The colors are gorgeous. It looks like a real picture is on his back. This is an amazing piece of art.
30. Here’s an interesting design of a shark.
Ever since the dawn of time humans have been amazed and terrified of the big daddies of the sea: the shark. It’s no surprise then that people are getting these almost hypnotising behemoths tattooed onto their bodies. But what are the specific reasons people give for doing it?
Everyone has a favourite shark movie and many people use memorable scenes from one of these movies as the inspiration for their tattoo. The Steven Spielberg classic Jaws was one of the highest grossing movies of all time, and it’s shark villain made many of us afraid to step foot in the ocean. Some took the iconic image of Jaws with its mouth wide open and razor teeth showing, and used it as their tattoo. Some people may get sharks from one of the array of different shark-based movies out there, but it outwardly and proudly shows their interest in the specific movie showcased or just the general shark movie genre.
Sailors have had a long tradition of placing a shark tattoo on their body to prove that they are not afraid of dying at sea, so shark tattoos for men on board was not uncommon. It also is a sign of hoping for protection from the gods from the sharks, as it was believed that if a shark followed your ship, one of the crew would die.
Mythology and Tradition
The Fijian shark god Dakuwanga is believed to devour lost souls and protect fishermen at sea, whilst in Hawaii native folklore talks of sharks that shape-shift and roam everywhere. Hawaiian mythology includes a shark god Kamohoalii whom it is believed would guide lost boats home after they fed it Kava. For these reasons shark tattoos for men who live in these islands and believe in this mythology are common and are valued by their culture.
The shark is a deadly creature, and invokes much symbolism amongst humans. The main trait a shark carries is fearlessness, so many people who feel that describes them perfectly will have the shark tattooed on them. Other traits associated with sharks are aggression, power, strength, insight, and curiosity. Just because someone has a shark tattooed on them doesn’t necessarily mean they are showing that they’re aggressive and strong, it can also be attributed with clear vision and intelligence, which sharks use effectively to hunt down their prey.
Of course there is not just one type of shark. Many different sharks can have different meanings. For example, a hammerhead shark is seen as a protector, believed to have shielded men from the deadly creatures in the ocean. Having this tattooed can mean you are a good guardian and are always watching over someone. The Great White Shark is the ruthlessly efficient shark that is commonly seen in movies as the human killer, and can often symbolise being at the top of the food chain. Of course, many cartoon sharks are loved and remembered through ink, much like Shark Tale’s Lenny.
Obviously each shark tattoo for men has its own distinct and personal meaning, but the above are just a few ideas of why many people choose to get sharks inked.
Check out the best shark tattoos for men
Here’s a colorful cartoon shark tattoo for men. Although sharks are considered ferocious and aggressive, the tattoo artist waters down their terrifying nature with an eyeglass, a splash of color and a funky hat. And although this design depicts a playful nature, it could also be used to caution against a deadly underlying persona.
This image shows a hammerhead skillfully inked on the entire torso incorporating different variations of art. You can tell that the shading is professional because you can almost feel the wild rhythm of the tattoo.
This is an impressive shark tattoo idea that combines the realistic appeal of a ferocious shark and their aggressive yet fascinating trait. The tattoo is often worn to symbolize efficiency, ruthlessness, and cleverness.
Bold, fierce and edgy, the Maori tribal shark tattoos are often worn by men to symbolize their strong connection with nature. Note that each pattern in the tattoo bears a specific meaning.
A tribal shark seems to glide across the man’s back-arm with intent to wrap his bicep, creating a fascinating piece of art. The placement of the tattoo at the back of the arm further heightens the detailed nature of the tattoo.
Note how graphic the boat and the shark appear. The shading and choice of color are also on point as you can actually feel the fierceness of the shark. If you are looking for a tattoo that tells an interesting yet gory story, then this is it.
This tattoo idea depicts a portrait of a shark inked in detail on a man’s shoulder and biceps. Note that sharks are considered powerful predators and embody several traits including fearlessness and intelligence.
One of the more unique shark tattoo ideas on the forearm. A simple but unique anatomical shark tattoo speaks volumes of the wearer’s distinct personality. Striking and unlike other styles of tattooing, this anatomical tattoo reveals what’s lies under the skin of the ultimate predator.
This tattoo depicts an image of an animated tiger shark striking a ferocious pose. The wearer places the tattoo on the arm since the elongated body of the creature allows for much creativity. Also, the contrast looks fabulous.
This design is small but it’s one of the most badass shark tattoo ideas. Who says you need a huge piece of ink to make a profound effect? The tiny shark tattoo paired with an equally tiny anchor tattoo on the thumbs tell of the wearer’s strength and stability as symbolized by the anchor, and their powerful and relentless psyche as symbolized by the shark.
More shark tattoos for men on the next page…
101 Amazing Shark Tattoo Ideas That Will Blow Your Mind!
If you are a tattoo lover and are on the hunt for your next tattoo, then you are in the right place! In today’s article, we will be talking about shark tattoos and everything you need to know about them. So if you want to find out how to spice up your tattoo game with amazing Shark Tattoo designs, keep on reading!
What Is The Meaning Of Shark Tattoos?
Sharks are one of the most feared sea animals. While they can resemble fear, they are known as spirit animals for strength, power, and authority. A shark tattoo can be the symbol of your will to fight for what you want in life and that you don’t back down in a fight. Therefore, not only are shark tattoos super cool, they can be very meaningful as well.
1. Great White Shark Tattoo
The great white is one of the traditional shark tattoos that you can get. A shark design like this one can be done simplistically with black & white ink. You can decide if you want to do it as a shark head tattoo or as a large great white tattoo. The smaller you go, the faster you’ll get it done. All in all, whatever you choose, we are confident you are going to love your great white shark tattoo!
2. Japanese Shark Tattoo
Japanese shark tattoos are one of those cool shark tattoos you are going to love! They are usually done in a lot of colors with bold black outlines. Shark tattoo ideas like this one can also work as cover-up tattoos. Also, since the design is so intricate it will take you a couple of sessions to get this tattoo done and the pain level might be a bit high. But, with a good tattoo artist, you can use this shark tattoo to turn your body into a real piece of art!
3. Cartoon Shark Tattoo
In case you aren’t a fan of realistic shark tattoos, then this cartoon shark is for you! Shark tattoos that are done in a cartoonish way can look quite creative, cool and unique. You can add a lot of color to your shark tattoo to make it more prominent. Tattoo designs like this one can be used as body art and to express yourself. There is no doubt in our mind that you are going to rock this shark tattoo!
4. Shark Attack Tattoo
A shark sleeve tattoo is the perfect tattoo design to represent a shark attack. The bigger the shark tattoo, the scarier it will look. You can do it in a traditional tattoo design and it is going to look super powerful. You can decide whether you want to do it as a tiger shark tattoo, a pool shark tattoo or even an aumakua shark tattoo! Whatever you decide, we are positive you will love it!
5. Hammerhead Shark Tribal Tattoo
Hammerhead shark tattoo designs like this one are going to leave everyone around you speechless at how stunning this tattoo is! The geometric elements make this one of the more unique shark tattoo ideas! You can also do this as a shark tattoo outline and anywhere on your body. With an amazing shark tattoo like this one, all compliments will be coming your way!
6. Shark Gills Tattoo
In case you want to do a unique shark tattoo then this might be your match! The shark tattoo is done awesomely since it encompasses different elements. You can draw inspiration for your shark tattoo from many different places. Another fantastic thing is that you can start slowly with this tattoo and continue it on the arm later with time. Therefore, this is as close to perfect as it gets with a simple shark tattoo!
7. Ocean Shark Tattoos
Shark tattoos aren’t all about sharks! You can do the nature and the environment these animals are in. For instance, you can add waves, fish and other popular sea creatures to achieve the perfect shark tattoo! Also, since the size of tattoos like this one tends to be quite large you can do it as a leg or arm tattoo. All in all, with a tattoo like this one you can’t go wrong
8. Watercolor Shark Tattoo
While a black and white shark tattoo may look aggressive, a watercolor shark tattoo can look fun and modern! You can play around with the design of the tattoo and make it as personalized and unique as you want. Colorful tattoos allow you to use them as cover-up tattoos as well. Be aware that colored ink fades faster and it does hurt more to get the tattoo done. Still, we are confident it will be worth it for a super cool shark tattoo like this one!
9. Hawaiian Shark Tattoo
A Hawaiian shark tattoo can look super fun and it has its unique style! It is usually colorful and you can do it in any size. If you are a beginner, maybe you should try with a smaller tattoo because of the lower pain levels. In case you have some experience with tattoos, you can always go big! There is no going wrong with a tattoo like this one.
Having Said All of That,
Shark tattoos are one of those tattoo designs that you might not see many people wearing. Still, they are meaningful, artistic and can be super cool. You can do them in so many ways and styles. Hopefully, you liked today’s article and will be trying one of these tattoos very soon!
Need More Inspiration
Feature image from Pinterest
Tattoos → S → Shark tattoo
Marine predator - the shark at all times been the subject of fear and admiration at the same time. This dangerous inhabitant of the deep sea is the epitome of speed, strength and bloodlust. What could be more dangerous than these three components, connected in one! In many ways, these qualities can be applied to modern business practices, in this connection,Shark is a kind of unofficial mascot and symbol of all the businessmen. shark tattoo symbolizes courage of its owner, who does not disdain to achieve their goals, they say, " to go over the heads ". Such people want to show that does not like to try to limit his freedom, he is a born leader.
The value of Option 2Shark - the most sophisticated predator, it has enormous power, power, self-confidence, it is very persistent in achieving their goals and do not stop not before some obstacles.
Tattoo Shark men do often, but women can not afford such a tattoo to emphasize freedom,strength and cause the surrounding mixture of admiration and fear.
Since ancient times, Shark symbolized power, dominance and superiority over others. This is why many business people applied themselves like a tattoo, she says, for the owner, that he was willing to go through with defending their interests,He single-minded and persistent in achieving their goals, and it is perfectly possible to him because his business is booming.
And the people who are connected with the sea, Shark image is a powerful talisman that helps and protects from enemies and predators. Sailors and fishermen believe that Shark helps them to easily go back home to family and friends,because it still symbolizes the powerful spirit of the waters or marine messenger of the gods.
Shark tattoo designs and images
Tattoo ideas shark
90 Shark Tattoo Designs For Men – Top Of The Underwater Food Chain
Few underwater creatures can match the terror induced by the awe-inspiring shark! With razor sharp teeth and jaws that latch on, it’s easy to see why the shark is at the top of their food chain.
You might be surprised to know that back in the 16th century, sharks were actually called “sea dogs” by mariners.
Yet even more intrigued, to discover that there are more than 500 species of sharks roaming in the deep blue seas today. The most popular you’re probably familiar with include the great white shark, tiger, blue, hammerhead and mako.
When it comes to shark symbolism, their fearlessness, supremacy and violence garnishes plenty of respect. It’s often been said in earlier times that when a shark tracks a ship, someone on deck is near death.
In totem designs however, it represents the hunter who can survive and adapt in any natural environment. The Hawaiians and Polynesians believed them be protectors against enemies, with power stemming from the “aumakua”. The aumakua, if you’re not familiar, is a series of dots placed on the ankle in order to warn sharks away. Old wives’ tales tell stories about a woman being attacked in the ocean, only to be freed after the shark placed eyes upon the tattoo.
For the Maori, the mako shark was touted as the “king of the waters” and viewed as superior power in life. While the Celtics, believed the dorsal fin was quite similar to the scythe, and thus it represented the gathering of resources when opportunity presents itself. Much like how a shark captures its prey when there are schools of fish swimming all around.
From shark teeth to realistic underwater adventures, I’m going to share with you 90 of the best shark tattoo designs for men. Go ahead, dive deep into the sea of inspiration ideas below!
1. Forearm Shark Tattoos
2. Bicep Shark Tattoos
3. Arm Shark Tattoos
4. Sleeve Shark Tattoos
5. Wrist Shark Tattoos
6. Chest Shark Tattoos
7. Back Shark Tattoos
8. Side Shark Tattoos
9. Rib Shark Tattoos
10. Leg Shark Tattoos
11. Calf Shark Tattoos
12. Foot Shark Tattoos
13. Hand Shark Tattoos
14. Finger Shark Tattoos
15. Neck Shark Tattoos
16. Head Shark Tattoos
17. Polynesian Shark Tattoos
18. Tribal Shark Tattoos
19. Thigh Shark Tattoos
His muscles are not as huge as those of a bodybuilder, but he shows power, and masculine strength, and athleticism. Still, I was ashamed to turn. Around and look at him. The "lightning" of the sleeping bag snapped in, he shifted a little, making himself comfortable, and pressed against me from behind.
You will also be interested:
- Half circle rug target
- Lemon print table runner
- Ucla health medical group
- Rx8 modified for sale
- Converse logo transparent background
- Gta 5 casino mod
Spread the naked man on the desk and flog. And yet - as you want. Well, well. He seemed surprised. But I have already seen that he will agree.