Dmv registered owner search

Dmv registered owner search DEFAULT


A California Certificate of Title is an official document that identifies the legal owner of a vehicle and contains important vehicle identification information.

In addition to identifying the owner of a vehicle, a California Certificate of Title is an official source of information about the vehicle. A title may include:

  • Registered owner’s name and address
  • Vehicle identification information, including vehicle identification number (VIN), make, model, and year
  • Odometer mileage
  • Registration date
  • Lienholder’s name and information (if there is money owed on the vehicle)
  • Title brands, if any (see Branded Titles, below)
  • Value

Title Transfers and Changes

Anytime a vehicle/vessel is bought or sold, or there’s any change to the registered owner or lienholder (legal owner), the California Certificate of Title needs to be transferred to the new owner. Additionally, titles are legal documents so it’s important to keep them accurate and up-to-date.

Learn more about title transfers and changes

Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (NRL)

After you sell or transfer your vehicle/vessel to another party, you have five days to submit a Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (NRL). This notifies DMV that ownership of the vehicle has changed and protects you from liability.

Submit an NRL

Branded Titles

Brands identify significant information about a vehicle’s history and are given to vehicles with damage, high mileage, chronic problems, etc. It’s particularly important to keep an eye out for the “salvaged” brand. This indicates that the vehicle experienced significant damage at some point and may not be safe to drive.

Learn about branded titles

Rush Title Processing

If you need us to expedite your title processing, you can request rush title processing for an additional fee. You can request this service for initial vehicle registration, transfer of ownership, or to obtain a duplicate California Certificate of Title.

Learn how to request rush title processing

Find Your Financial Institution

Do you need help finding the lienholder on your vehicle title? We keep a listing of banks, credit unions, and financial/lending institutions that may have gone out of business, merged, changed their name, or been acquired by another financial institution.

Get help finding your financial institution


Vehicle Record Request

Google™ Translate Disclaimer

The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) website uses Google™ Translate to provide automatic translation of its web pages. This translation application tool is provided for purposes of information and convenience only. Google™ Translate is a free third-party service, which is not controlled by the DMV. The DMV is unable to guarantee the accuracy of any translation provided by Google™ Translate and is therefore not liable for any inaccurate information or changes in the formatting of the pages resulting from the use of the translation application tool.

The web pages currently in English on the DMV website are the official and accurate source for the program information and services the DMV provides. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version.

The following pages provided on the DMV website cannot be translated using Google™ Translate:

  • Forms
  • Publications
  • Field Office Locations
  • Online Applications

  1. Lga 1200 matx motherboard
  2. Onewheel battery replacement
  3. Crying and running gif
  4. Stationary egg chair
  5. Best backup camera amazon

Florida VIN and Vessel Records

If you need to find information about a vehicle's history, start by checking government records kept by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV).

Using the license plate number or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), you can access details about ownership history and find out if the vehicle has a lien on it. Visit to request an official vehicle status report.

You can also enter a vehicle's license plate number on the website to determine if the tag is registered to a different vehicle. The report lists the VIN, year, make and model of the vehicle associated with the plate number.

If you need to review documentation on a boat or another vessel, you can search for records by entering the vessel's name or official U.S. Coast Guard identification number on the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration website.

The vessel documentation you will receive lists a wide range of identifying information, including the vessel's current name, previous names, home port, owner, hull number and more.

Using VIN or Vessel Records to Check for Liens

If you are considering buying a used car, truck, RV, boat or another vehicle, it is a good idea to check for a clear title before you pay. A clear title means there are no liens held against the vehicle or vessel.

Liens allow banks or other creditors to seize vehicles from owners if they do not repay their debt. If there is a lien on a used vehicle you want to buy, the seller must pay off the lien before transferring the title to you.

Vehicles or vessels may have a lien for a variety of reasons. When the original owner of a vehicle has not paid off the loan that he or she took out to buy it, the bank or lender can put a lien on the vehicle.

People can also offer their vehicle as collateral for a cash loan, usually at a payday loan establishment. These are known as title loans. Another type of lien is a mechanic's lien, which auto mechanics can place on a vehicle when the owner does not pay for repairs.

Should You Buy a Vehicle without a VIN?

No. Never buy a vehicle without a VIN because there is a possibility that the vehicle is stolen. There may be some valid reasons for a vehicle to be missing a VIN; however, it is best for the seller to resolve the issue with FLHSMV before you purchase the vehicle.

Do Boats Have VINs?

Instead of using a VIN for identification purposes, most boats have a hull identification number (HIN). Boats manufactured before were not required to have a HIN assigned by the manufacturer, and homemade vessels do not have a HIN.

However, FLHSMV requires all registered and titled vessels to display a HIN. If your vessel does not have a manufacturer's HIN, the FLHSMV will assign one.

Do all Florida Vessels Require Titling and Registration?

No, there are some exemptions. The main exception is for nonmotorized powered vessels less than 16 feet in length. If a vessel is exempt from titling and registration, then you won't be able search for that vessel's record, even if it has a HIN. Visit the FLHSMV website for a complete list of exemptions.

Florida Vehicle Records for Businesses

Businesses that routinely check vehicle records can receive discounted pricing on Florida motor vehicle status reports at


Vehicle Registration

New Registration

If you need to register a vehicle for use on California roadways, waterways, or trailways, you&#;ve come to the right place to find out all you need to know.

Learn about new vehicle registrations

Replace Your Registration Card

If your registration card has been lost, stolen, or mutilated, you may get a replacement registration card for a fee.

Replace your registration card

Smog Inspections

Smog inspections are required when you register or renew registration for a vehicle in California, but there are some exceptions.

Learn more about smog inspections

Update Info on Your Registration

It&#;s important to keep the information on your registration current and accurate. Fortunately, it&#;s not difficult to make basic changes to your vehicle registration!

Update info on your registration


A California Certificate of Title is an official document that identifies the legal owner of a vehicle and contains important vehicle identification information.

Learn more about titles

Registration Fees

There are a variety of fees that may be required when applying for or renewing vehicle registration. 

See registration fees

Partial Year Registration

Commercial motor vehicles not operated throughout a calendar year may be eligible for partial year registration (PYR). PYR can be valid for any amount of time between months. 

Learn more about Partial Year Registration


Registered owner search dmv

Title Check - Look before you buy


At the time that you purchased this report, there were no brands reported for the vehicle.

Custom Vehicle / Replica

A custom and replica vehicle has been altered from the manufacturer’s original design or has a body constructed from materials not original to the vehicle. This category includes the following brands: Reconstructed, Replica and Street Rod.

  Abandoned Vehicles

Gray Market

This vehicle was manufactured for use outside the United States and has been brought into the United States. The vehicle is not in compliance with applicable federal standards and cannot be registered or titled in Texas.


Vehicle is incapable of safe operation for use on U.S. roads or highways and has no resale value except as a source of parts or scrap, or the vehicle's owner has irreversibly designated the vehicle as a source of parts or scrap. This vehicle shall never be titled or registered.

  Junk Title Brands

Manufacturer Buyback /
Warranty Return

A vehicle that has been returned to the manufacturer under warranty or bought back by the manufacturer under jurisdiction-defined regulations or laws, such as lemon laws.

  Texas Lemon Law


The odometer reading is reported as either the true or not true mileage for the vehicle.

  Odometer Brands


The vehicle, previously branded as "salvage", has passed anti-theft and safety inspections, or other jurisdiction procedures, to ensure the vehicle was rebuilt to required standards. Also known as prior salvage.

  Rebuilt Vehicles


Any vehicle which has been wrecked, destroyed or damaged, to the extent that the total estimated or actual cost of parts and labor to rebuild or reconstruct the vehicle to its pre-accident condition and for legal operation on roads or highways exceeds a jurisdiction-defined percentage of the retail value of the vehicle. This vehicle can be rebuilt for use again. 

  Salvage Brands

VIN Replaced by a New State-Assigned VIN

This brand does not necessarily indicate a problem with the vehicle. Your vehicle should be titled under a different VIN and further research should be done to establish the correct VIN. Please contact the state that made this report for more information.

Water Damage

The vehicle has been damaged exclusively by flood water.

  Water-Damaged Vehicles

How do you find out the last owner or prior owner of a vehicle? - AFX

So, so, so, so to speak, fly alone to Turkey, take a place, and I will go to scatter everything and the next flight to you. Because as I am 100 sure that I dont have long before. Yes, and in the tax clerk, who was in the bailiffs, I first tried to ring him, but he did not take the pipe, at the meeting, probably.

Here a little retreat needs to be done.

You will also like:

Yesterday, freeing her pliant body for my caresses. My cock immediately got up from such memories. I once again glanced at my now wife. I wanted to immediately wake her up and quench my sexual thirst, but I suppressed this desire, let her sleep, because she had a.

1478 1479 1480 1481 1482