LUCID-Art The LUCY Drawing Tool Most Versatile Camera Lucida Ever
200 ratings Write a review
Order now and get it around Friday, October 22
Note: Electronic products sold in US store operate on (110-120) volts, a step-down power converter is required for the smooth device function. It is mandatory to know the wattage of the device in order to choose the appropriate power converter. Recommended power converters Buy Now.
- The Old Masters' Secret Tool Reinvented!
- Larger More Stable Image (up to 19x27 inches from life)
- Adjustable 'Ghost Image' Brightness
- Can Be Used Sitting, Standing, Or At An Easel
- Still requires practice and work, but rewards with great results
|Product Dimensions||13.25 x 9.5 x 3.25 inches (33.7 x 24.1 x 8.3 cm)|
|Item model number||L3316|
|Item Weight||1.87 pounds (0.84 kg)|
The LUCY is a much improved version of the classic camera lucida drawing tool, which has been used by artists and old Masters for centuries. Like magic the LUCY reflects an image of anything onto paper or canvas; just draw or paint over the image to quickly start a realistic masterpiece. The LUCY retains all the magic of this classic device, while offering all the solutions with a larger, more stable and brighter image. You can even adjust the brightness of the image as needed. This transforms the camera lucida from a neat device of the past into an indispensable art tool for today. When you look through the LUCY’s view hole, optical mirrors create a transparent “ghost” image of the scene in front of you reflected down onto your canvas or paper. Just draw or paint over the reflected image to get correct perspective, foreshortening, proportion, position, overlap, shape. Leaving you more time to develop your art the way you want it without being frustrated by the technical elements. The LUCY head is injection molded in the USA with fiberglass-infused polycarbonate. All optics (mirrors and filters) are shatter resistant acrylic glass. The flex neck arm is 2 feet long by 10mm thick and made from strong lightweight steel with a black skin-like rubbery coating. The clamp is made from extruded aluminum with free-spinning rubber covered grip to keep your table protected. Please WATCH OUR VIDEO in the pictures section.
From the Manufacturer
Use the Old Masters' Secret Tool to...
►Learn to Draw! ►Improve Your Skills! ►Work Faster! You can draw or paint anything: landscape, portrait, still life, and more. Works for draw, painting, or any other medium.Most Versatile Camera Lucida Ever!
►Large image: 19 x 27 inches (48 x 58 cm) ►Adjustable image brightness ►Adjustable height The LUCY head is injection molded in the USA with fiberglass-infused polycarbonate. All optics (mirrors and filters) are shatter resistant acrylic glass. The flex neck arm is 2 feet long by 10mm thick and made from strong lightweight steel with a black skin-like rubbery coating. The clamp is made from extruded aluminum with free-spinning rubber covered grip to keep your table protected.Use the LUCY While Standing...
And unlike any camera lucida ever before, the LUCY can be used while standing looking down at the your paper...Or While Sitting..
Just turn the head to use it sitting looking forward at the subject...Or Even at an Easel!
And it can even be used vertically while working at an easel!Make Everyone an Artist, and Every Artist a Master!
Making the magic of the Old Masters relevant again through workmanship, innovation, and new applications.About the Startup
Describe your product in 3 words.
Ultimate Drawing Tool
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
I leaned about the camera lucida while taking a college painting class, and immediately started thinking up ways to build on and improve the devise. And with some directions from my professor I built my first camera lucida out of salvaged crates that I pulled from a trash pile at work. I spent years working, researching, experimenting, building camera lucidas, and selling my various creations to artists all over the world. This allowed me to fund my efforts and test the effectiveness of my work while incorporating the input and ideas I got in the process of making them. Here is a video link to the full story: https://youtu.be/DZNRT9lNZ8o
What makes your product special?
The camera lucida was one of those magical techniques used by the Great Masters, such as Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres, which had been all but lost. The old models had some annoying problems: their image was small, dim, and unsteady. Additionally, a decent unit was expensive. These issues caused people’s interest in the device to quickly dissipate. With the LUCY I worked to retain the device’s exquisite characteristics, while offering solutions to the problems: a much larger, brighter, and more stable image. My model even allows you to adjust the brightness of the image. These improvements transform the old-world camera lucida into a contemporary, indispensable, art tool.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
I love the process of invention. Pacing back and forth, scribbling down ideas in the middle of the night. Build. Test. Smash. Repeat. Until the vision in my mind becomes a reality. Then when people from all over the world experience what began as just an idea, and that gets them going on their own creative pursuits—the circle is complete.
Similar ProductsDraw tools, Camera tools, Artist tools, Sketch craft table, Best opaque projectors for artists, Best projectors for artists
Customer Questions & Answers
- Question: Would this work when pointed onto an image on an Ipad screen?
Answer: Yes, you would be able to see the image very well, but the reflected image would be the same size as the iPad screen or smaller.
- Question: What a joke can’t get it to work at all. How do you get it to work.
Answer: It is important to have the room fairly dark, the image will be faint. Also, the image is reflected onto a surface much larger than your original print, so have a larger canvas or paper for tracing. My art instructor thought the image was distorted on the canvas or paper. I liked the image and had no problem tracing it.
- Question: What would be the best way to project a drawing from a sketchbook onto a canvas using this device?
Answer: Place your sketchbook vertically at the proper distance to the Lucy so that you can see the projection on your canvas and start drawing. i've done this successfully many times.
- Question: Does this come with photo projector?
Answer: No, it does not come with the Photo Projector. You can buy the Photo Projector separately or together with the LUCY at http://www.AncientMagicArtTools.com/buy-now/
- Question: Does this require any batteries?
Answer: No batteries are required
- Question: What is included in the package?
Answer: Included in the package with the Lucy drawing tool is:screw and thumb nut, two filters, head, flex arm, and clamp
- Question: does it work outdoors for plein air?
Answer: Yes, it does. You can clamp it to your easel, and the optical filters are very helpful to give you a good image in outdoor light.
- Question: Does this drawing tool only help you draw an 8x10 picture?
Answer: The image can go up to19x27 inches when working from life, but this is only the max, you can also draw anything smaller. So you can draw very small pictures, a 8x10 inches picture, or anything up to 19x27 inches.
- Question: How large is the viewing area?
Answer: The viewing area depends on how far you project the image onto your canvas. I had the object I wanted to trace about 5 feet away. I had the canvas sitting under the Lucid projector, so about 18" away and it fit onto my 12X16" canvas just right. The tracing lines are faint so have your light adjusted. I think it works great.
- Question: Filters have paper over them. Does this come off. If so, how
Answer: Yes the papers come off. They can be hard to peel off but keep working from the corners with your fingertips and they will peel off.
55 customers ratings
- 5 Star 42%
- 4 Star 17%
- 3 Star 14%
- 2 Star 8%
- 1 Star 20%
Review this product
Share your thoughts with other customers
October 4, 2021
Gave me a headache
Easy set up. Didn't work good for me. Gave us a headache. Returned for refund.
August 26, 2021
Not bad at all!
Simple to set up, less than 5 minutes...experimenting, I was even able to draw a picture from my iphone gallery, holding my the iPhone less than an arms distance away. I wanted it to help with a quick outline of “humans” I basically draw and paint animal portraits. And I had one sketched on paper from my Phone within minutes! Don’t go by the negative reviews, I love it!
July 12, 2021
May 9, 2021
Follow the directions
Like, for art.
April 10, 2021
Works like its supposed to.
This is the tool Ive been looking for all my life! Easy to use, does what its supposed to and Def worth every penny.
March 18, 2021
Means to draw images
The instrument was well constructed. Requires some effort to use successfully. Lighting is crucial. Tablet apps available that do a similar task.
March 9, 2021
Too Dark - Not Worth the Price
Once assembled, the drawing tool image wasn't clear enough for me to work with; with or without either of the two additional lenses that come with it. It can be used without them. In fact the lens made the image darker and I didn't understand how it was an asset. To me, if it has two lenses, they should do something different. One lens could magnify, and one could brighten. But that wasn't the case. Also, I would not have been able to use this device while sitting down because the arm wasn't flexible enough. My work stool adjusts up, and even at the highest point, it wasn't possible to bend the arm down to the desktop. Standing while you work, possibly for long periods of time, is not a plan. In terms of packaging, I had a devil of a time getting the protective self adhesive sheet off one of the lenses. I spent 15 minutes trying to peel that sheet off and almost damaged the lens in the process. I understand the concept behind this drawing tool, and I was excited to give it a try. But ultimately, it wasn't something I could work with and is definitely not worth $140 charged.
March 6, 2021
It looked like a great tool to use for artwork. I am afraid I had trouble setting it up and using it. I was disappointed with it. I hope that one is made that is easier to assemble and use.
March 4, 2021
I like this product
February 13, 2021
Not worth the money
very difficult to use
Load More Reviews
Write Your Own Reviews
Only registered users can write reviews. Please log in or register
The Best Draw Lucy Drawing Tool of 2021 – Reviewed and Top Rated
2,143 Reviews Scanned
- OPTICAL IMAGE DRAWING: Project images reflection on Premium optical PMMA lens that you can draw on opaque material.
- SMART APP: Download the app and you can convert the image to a sketch. The APP have multiple functions and can be used to make various custom adjustments to the image.
- EASY TO OPERATE: Just need to download the APP, import the picture, put the phone on the shelf, and then you can start painting without drawing skills. (Please tear off the protective film on both sides of the lens before using.)
- IMAGE CUSTOMIZATION: You can import any image into the app, which realizes unlimited resources, network pictures and photos can become materials.
- APPLICABLE PEOPLE: Suitable for children, adults, comics/anime lovers, with 0 basic painting experience. Help develop hand-eye coordination and basic drawing skills. Customers may receive our upgraded products. We upgrade the material of the wooden frame to a black plastic ABS frame. The new material is more sturdy, please feel free to use it.
- Proportional Divider - The Pixiss Proportional Scale Divider tool can be used to transfer subject matter onto your canvas or paper while keeping the proportions. Easy to use. Increase, decrease or measure the size of a subject to draw.
- Adjustable - The Pixiss Proportional Divider for artists is an adjustable caliper tool from 1:1 to 5:1 scale for maximum flexibility. Adjusted for any subject size.
- Size - The proportional divider for drawing is 10" x 0.5" x 0.25". A perfect alternative to an art projector. Compare to the lucy drawing tool.
- Drawing Compass - Use the scale proportion divider as a lightweight drawing compass, caliper tool, drafting compass or architect scale for perspective drawing and drafting supplies.
- Artist Proportional Divider - Getting proportions and perspective correct in a drawing or painting - Students, classes, workshops - A simple tool that maintains precise proportions - Still life and landscape paintings to scale up or down to fit canvas size.
Last update on 2021-07-14 / Affiliate links / Product Titles, Images, Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
How Do You Buy The Best Draw Lucy Drawing Tool?
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for a great Draw Lucy Drawing Tool? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind? We understand, because we’ve already gone through the whole process of researching Draw Lucy Drawing Tool, which is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest Draw Lucy Drawing Tool available in the current market. We’ve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself.
We’ve done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but it’s still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for Draw Lucy Drawing Tool that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying an Draw Lucy Drawing Tool?
- What benefits are there with buying an Draw Lucy Drawing Tool?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective Draw Lucy Drawing Tool?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any Draw Lucy Drawing Tool, much less the best one?
- Which Draw Lucy Drawing Tool are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about Draw Lucy Drawing Tool?
We’re convinced that you likely have far more questions than just these regarding Draw Lucy Drawing Tool, and the only real way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get information from as many reputable online sources as you possibly can.
Potential sources can include buying guides for Draw Lucy Drawing Tool, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Thorough and mindful research is crucial to making sure you get your hands on the best-possible Draw Lucy Drawing Tool. Make sure that you are only using trustworthy and credible websites and sources.
We provide an Draw Lucy Drawing Tool buying guide, and the information is totally objective and authentic. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information. How did we create this buying guide? We did it using a custom-created selection of algorithms that lets us manifest a top-10 list of the best available Draw Lucy Drawing Tool currently available on the market.
This technology we use to assemble our list depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand Value: Every brand of Draw Lucy Drawing Tool has a value all its own. Most brands offer some sort of unique selling proposition that’s supposed to bring something different to the table than their competitors.
- Features: What bells and whistles matter for an Draw Lucy Drawing Tool?
- Specifications: How powerful they are can be measured.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your Draw Lucy Drawing Tool.
- Customer Ratings: Number ratings grade Draw Lucy Drawing Tool objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their Draw Lucy Drawing Tool.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an Draw Lucy Drawing Tool, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an Draw Lucy Drawing Tool is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
We always remember that maintaining Draw Lucy Drawing Tool information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding Draw Lucy Drawing Tool is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly! We’re here for you all the time. Contact us here. Or You can read more about us to see our vision.
Lucy Drawing Tool And Photo Projector With Bag Lucida And Photo Enlarger BNIB UK
SoldSee similar itemsEUR 159,02Buy It Now, EUR 21,10 Shipping, 30-Day Returns, Garanzia cliente eBay
Seller:out-of-curiosity-uk✉️(2.705)100%, Location:Langport, Somerset, Ships to: GB & many other countries, Item:143427139727Lucy Drawing Tool And Photo Projector With Bag Lucida And Photo Enlarger BNIB UK. Lucy Drawing Tool And Photo Projector With Bag Lucida And Photo Enlarger BNIB UK Condition is brand new unused in original packaging Manufacturer warranty will not apply Lucy drawing tool and projector from Ancient Magic Art ToolsWould make a great gift for a beginner or an experienced artistProjects an image of the subject or picture onto the paper or canvas LUCY Camera Lucida with 2 Optical Filters Micro fiber cleaning clothInstructionsPhoto Projector with lens for enlarging and copying photos. Carrying bag The Old Masters' Secret Tool Reinvented!Larger More Stable Image (up to 19x27" from life) Includes Photo Projector Accessory to Enlarge a 4x6" Photo up to 12x18"Bright Adjustable Image, Can Be Used Sitting, Standing, Or At An Easel Built in USA w/ Fiberglass-Infused Polycarbonate. Video at DrawLUCY.comCondition:New, Returns Accepted:Returns Accepted, After receiving the item, your buyer should cancel the purchase within:30 days, Return postage will be paid by:Seller, Modified Item:No, Country/Region of Manufacture:United States, Custom Bundle:No, Material:Metal, Unit Quantity:1, Type:Projector, MPN:Does Not Apply, Unit Type:Unit, Brand:Ancient Magic Art Tools, Screen Size:Does Not Apply
PicClick Insights - Lucy Drawing Tool And Photo Projector With Bag Lucida And Photo Enlarger BNIB UK PicClick Exclusive
- Popularity - 0 views, 0 views per day, 6 days on eBay. 1 sold, 0 available.
- Price -
- Seller - 2.705+ items sold. 0% negative feedback. Great seller with very good positive feedback and over 50 ratings.
0 views, 0 views per day, 6 days on eBay. 1 sold, 0 available.
2.705+ items sold. 0% negative feedback. Great seller with very good positive feedback and over 50 ratings.
People Also Loved PicClick Exclusive
lucy drawing tool michaels
Drawing tool lucy
The NeoLucida is a drawing aid that lets you to trace what you see.
It’s a modern reinterpretation of the camera lucida, an indispensable drawing tool popular in the days before photography.
NeoLucida is offered exclusively through our manufacturing partners at Big Idea Design.
With FREE worldwide shipping!
Learning to draw is frustrating.
Even if you’re good at it, drawing can still be frustrating. Both the NeoLucida and the NeoLucida XL are simple technologies that may make learning to draw a little less discouraging, and perhaps a little less intimidating. As a modern reinterpretation of the camera lucida—a 19th century optical drawing aid—the NeoLucida is part of a rich history of drawing technologies aimed at helping people draw.
As someone who likes to draw, and has drawn consistently since I was little, I was surprised by how many people were drawn to (pun intended) these tools I make. Despite high resolution smartphone cameras in our pockets, people like to draw, and a lot of people have the desire to learn to draw.
So what is The NeoLucida Project all about?
Reviving historical art technologies that help people draw, in order to:
Demystify drawing and explore how people—past and present—learn to draw.
Drawing accurately from life is not a superhuman ability reserved for "gifted" artists. Armed with a little knowledge and a lot of practice, I believe anyone can learn to draw. Tools like the NeoLucida might help getting started a little less frustrating.
Who’s behind this project? The original NeoLucida was created by art professors Pablo Garcia and Golan Levin, after long conversations about art and technology and history. NeoLucida is manufactured in partnership with Big Idea Design. In 2013, 11,406 Kickstarter backers made the original NeoLucida possible. In 2017, Pablo launched the completely redesigned NeoLucida XL, supported by 5,229 backers on Kickstarter.
The NeoLucida was named WINNER of the Best DIY Designs of the Year by CORE77!
I flew out of the dark cabin, muttering something about a fagot and a pathological virgin. It was completely dark on the deck and only the Volga made a pleasant noise below. Nastya was still sitting outside, finishing her bottle of champagne.
- Mini felt witch hats
- Minecraft java edition compatibility
- Disney painted flower pots
- Blue magic music
- Stewart haas drivers
- Ace hardware fly strips
- Gmc recommended leather care
- Best phone cases 2017
- Zodiac signs planets meaning
- Etsy native american fabric
- Elite fts bands
- Ego 9 paintball gun
I've been fed up with it for the past day. We all now need a great sex. From these words I oshish, and Eva, without waiting for the answer of the village.