Characters / Hypnosis Mic: Matenro
Buster Bros!!! | MAD TRIGGER CREW | Fling Posse | Matenro | Dotsuitare Honpo | Bad Ass Temple | Other Characters
Representatives of the ailing city of Shinjuku,
the city that never sleeps bathed in neon glow.
- Animal Motifs: Wolves, as the name "Matenro" contains the kanji character for wolf.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Hifumi is blonde, Jakurai is brunette (well, dark purple-haired), and Doppo is a redhead.
- Foil: To the Shibuya Division, which is often highlighted by their interactions in the drama CDs. Compared to the very pop-y and colorful Fling Posse, Matenro has a somber and serious aura.
- Heroes Gone Fishing: Literally, in Papillon. Jakurai also fishes on the regular, often taking Hifumi as a companion.
- Motifs: Silver crosses, which can be found as the buttons of Jakurai's shirt, on Hifumi's belt, and on Doppo's tie clip. It goes along with their Religious and Mythological Theme Naming.
- Multicolored Hair: Jakurai's is purple/lavender, Hifumi's is blonde/green, and Doppo's is orange/blue.
- Punny Name: "Matenro" is a homonym of the Japanese word for "skyscraper". Nishi-Shinjuku, the area west of Shinjuku Station, has the largest concentration of skyscrapers in Tokyo.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: The Matenro members' surnames all contain motifs associated with religion and mythological goddesses from Japanese mythology.
- Jinguji means "heavenly temple/shrine".
- Izanami is the name of a Japanese Shinto goddess of creation.
- Kannon (Guan Yin in Chinese) is a Bodhisattva goddess associated with Mahayana Buddhism in East Asia.
- The name "Matenro" itself contains the character for "heaven".
open/close all folders
Jakurai Jinguji (ill-DOC)
Jakurai Jinguji (ill-DOC)
Voiced by:Sho Hayami
The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.
Birthday: January 9 (Capricorn)
Height: cmnote 64
Likes: People, fishing, reading
Dislikes: Crimes against humanity, neglecting ones health
- Aloof Dark Haired Guy: Averted. His design may give you this impression, but as a therapist, he's actually rather warm and welcoming.
- Badass Baritone: Naturally comes from being voiced by the deep-voiced Sho Hayami himself.
- Badass Longcoat: His Labcoat of Science and Medicine.
- Berserk Button: Ramuda, it seems. As Gentaro notes, Jakurai is known for being "so saintly that he wouldn't hurt a fly", yet he is openly hostile towards Ramuda. Of course, Ramuda did put his assistant into a coma
- Big Good: Most of the rest of the cast seems to respect him and his work, even Samatoki. The sole exception is Ramuda, of course.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Turns into an aggressive drunk after a single glass of champagne, traumatizing Hifumi and Doppo from ever attempting to drink with him again. It gets to the point that in ARB's event Fantasy Soul Trade, Ramuda proves to Doppo and Hifumi he's been swapped into Jakurai's body by being a normal kind of drunk.
- Combat Medic: In terms of the Hypnosis Mic world. His rapping heals and defends himself and others instead of attacking.
- He was once a combat medic in the more traditional sense as well, working as a doctor on the front lines during WWIII.
- Dark Is Not Evil: His raps tend to have a sombre or eerie tone, with lyrics featuring unsettling imagery such as "piercing the enemy with venomous fangs", but he is a calm, polite, and good-natured person in his day-to-day life.
- Deadly Doctor: Doesn't seem to actually be one in his everyday life, but he sometimes plays one in his raps. It's most notable in Division Rap Battle and BATTLE BATTLE BATTLE.
- Freaky Is Cool: People with some unusual quirk to their personality tend to catch his interest, which led to him first partnering with Ramuda and later picking Doppo and Hifumi for his crew.
- Gentle Giant: The tallest of the main cast, but also one of the kindest.
- Gratuitous English: "Good morning" in Papillon and "mercy" in Alternative Rap Battle.
- Healing Hands: Healing voice, to be precise. His rap can be used to heal others. It's unknown if this has anything to do with his occupation as a doctor.
- Hidden Depths: His past as a Professional Killer. Also, if the DH & BAT manga is any indication, he knew how to play piano in middle school.
Hifumi Izanami (GIGOLO)
Hifumi Izanami (GIGOLO)
Voiced by:Ryuichi Kijima
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Birthday: June 22 (Cancer)
Height: cmnote 59
Likes:Women, himself, his cooking, outdoor activites
Dislikes:Women, classical music, people who dont put effort in thingsA host with an extreme fear of women.
- Chick Magnet: Unfortunately, he's terrified of all women, and needs to put on a suit jacket and switch to an entirely different personality before he can even talk to them.
- Childhood Friends: With Doppo.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Apparently thought Ramuda's name was "Shiguma" (although this can be explained to some degree with how "lambda" sounds like "Ramuda" and "sigma" comes from the same alphabet as "lambda"). He also thought that the best way to deal with his fear of all the women of Chuoku was to put on his suit jacket. You know, the one that turns him into a charismatic womanizer.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Shinjuku's #1 host, he's popular to the point of attracting murderous stalkers and hordes of fangirls.
- Flower Motifs: Yellow roses, as shown in his attire. His hypnosis speakers are also in the shape of roses.
- Foil: To Gentaro.
- Gratuitous English: "like a champagne night" in Papillon, "beauty girl", "pretty cat" and "my kitten" in Party wo Tomenaide and even more in Champagne Gold. Some of his only solo lyrics in the anime opening are "the starry night", too.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Is blonde and also a Nice Guy who patiently takes care of his perpetually depressed childhood friend. There's also the fact that he goes to Jakurai to seek an assistance to help his troubled stalker.
- Host Club: Works as one to help get over his fear of women.
- House Husband: Does all the cooking, cleaning, and sewing in the house he shares with Doppo.
- Innocently Insensitive: At times, such as when he kept asking Jakurai about his bad blood with Ramuda despite Jakurai stating that he didn't want to talk about it, or when he continued insulting Gentaro's sense of fashion even when it became obvious that Gentaro was pissed off.
- In-Series Nickname: Tells people to call him Hifumin.
- Japanese Pronouns: Uses "orecchi" regularly, but switches to "boku" in his host mode.
- Keet: Very enthusiastic, outspoken and outgoing, mostly in his "Hifumin"/normal personality whenever there's no women around.
- Narcissist: While in host mode, he brags at length about his great qualities in Party wo Tomenaide, even sarcastically apologizing for his perfection.
"Sorry for being so handsome, kind-hearted, and flawless
Sorry for having a great sense of humor, long legs, and being so good with my hands!"
- Odd Friendship: His relationship with Doppo. Doppo's pessimistic, Hifumi is absurdly upbeat and chipper. Doppo is a no-name average salaryman, Hifumi is a well-known and popular host.
- Punny Name: "Hifumi" means "". "Gigolo" in Japanese is pronounced similarly to "shigoro", would could be translated to "". So "Hifumi Gigolo" could also mean " ".
- Real Men Cook: Often cooks for both him and Doppo.
- Security Blanket: His suit jacket.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: To fit his job as a host.
- Those Two Guys: With Doppo. They're rarely seen apart. Gentaro even lampshades it in the Me Against The World drama track.
- Trauma Button: The mere presence of Honobono Keitoin, a former classmate of his and the one responsible for his gynophobia, is enough to trigger a panic attack when he sees her again.
- Vocal Dissonance: A more subtle case, but in songs, Hifumi often uses his "host" voice velvety and smooth. Some fans are therefore shocked to listen to drama tracks and hear that outside of host mode, Hifumi's real voice is actually quite high and nasally.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Has a rather severe case of gynophobia. This isn't helped by the fact that he manages to attract a girl who is romantically insane, or that he lives in a setting where the entire central government is made up of women.
Doppo Kannonzaka (DOPPO)
Doppo Kannonzaka (DOPPO)
Voiced by: Kento Ito
The real world is much smaller than the imaginary.
Birthday: May 15 (Taurus)
Height: cmnote 5
Likes: Sleep, house plants
Dislikes: His boss, exercise, standing out, drawing attention to himselfAn exhausted office worker with a pessimistic personality.
- Affectionate Nickname: Hifumi sometimes calls him Doppochin. In the anime, it's translated as "Doppomine"note This could refer to "Dopamine" and "Doppo mine".
- Apologises a Lot: Due to the stress of his job. He even apologizes in his raps and his sleep. Played with in BATTLE BATTLE BATTLE, where he starts his verse by saying he's had enough of saying sorry.
- Born Unlucky: Things rarely go well for Doppo. He's overworked and abused at a job he hates, is targeted by someone with a grudge against Jakurai, gets mocked by a lot of the other rappers and overlooked in favor of his team members by the in-universe audience, and even lost his share of the first Division Rap Battle's prize money. In the anime, he's nearly framed for murder by a woman stalking Hifumi and discovers that the first friend he made at work was using Matenro's concerts as a cover to commit robberies.
- Catchphrase: "It's all my fault, it's all my fault"
- He sometimes even says this about things that are clearly not in his control, like his little brother failing his exams or the fact that it rained. Jakurai's trying to get him to break this habit.
- Childhood Friends: With Hifumi.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Towards Hifumi.
- Crazy-Prepared: Put down a mattress by the building Hifumi's stalker was on top of in case someone fell, saving both Hifumi and his stalker's life.
- The Eeyore: To wit: his character image is of him miming choking himself.
- Everyone Has Standards: Doppo absolutely loathes his boss and refers to him as a bald old man, but hes genuinely horrified when he gets pushed down the stairs and sent to the hospital in episode 7 of the anime.
- Flower Motifs: A more subtle one compared to Hifumi's yellow roses, but one of his character song's names led to him being associated with Tigridia pavonia, commonly known as the tiger flower.
- Foil: To Dice. While Doppo works a repetitive, tedious office job, Dice is a thrill-seeker who's terrified of being held down by responsibilities and boredom.
- In-Universe Catharsis: Since his mic is his work phone, the ability to rap harsh lyrics into it may just be him blowing off steam at either his boss or his co-workers.
- Odd Friendship: His relationship with Hifumi. Doppo's pessimistic, Hifumi is absurdly upbeat and chipper. Doppo is a no-name average salaryman, Hifumi is a well-known and popular host.
- Only Friend: Hifumi, according to his profile. However, as the series goes on, he develops a friendship with Jakurai as well.
- Perpetual Frowner: Almost never seen smiling in official art, but the album art for DEATH RESPECT shows him in an angered expression, as if he's finally snapping.
- Real Name as an Alias: Unlike the rest of the cast, his MC name is just his first name.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: His profile states that his most notable characteristic is that he has no notable characteristics.
- Soul-Crushing Desk Job: His life as a salaryman did such a number on him, perpetual gloom and exhaust is his default expression.
- Those Two Guys: With Hifumi. They're rarely seen apart. Gentaro even lampshades it in the Me Against The World drama track.
- When He Smiles: Doppo almost never smiles, but the rare instances where he does are adorable.
Alternative Title(s):MatenroSours: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/HypnosisMicMatenro
HD wallpaper: izanami hifumi, kannonzaka doppo, hypnosis mic division rap battle xpx (P) free download
Current photo size: xpx • ResolutionP
Wallpaper is loading, please wait
Related search keywords
You may also love these HD wallpapers
- River kwai thai food
- Anime fantasy clothes design
- Sonarqube gradle plugin
- In dash cd receiver
- Neon google slides theme
Izanami Hifumi (Hifumi Izanami) Hypnosis Mic -Division Rap Battle- Images
zerochan » Hypnosis Mic -Division Rap Battle-
anime images in gallery.
Quality: All sizes · Large and better · Only very large Sort: Recent · Popular · Random (Last week · Last 3 months · All time)
page 1 of 6 Next »
Some content is for members only, please sign up to see all content.
Voiced by: Kijima Ryuuichi
Birthday: June 22
Hifumi is a year old host, also known as Gigolo (MC name). He has extreme female phobia which he tries to overcome by working as a host and now he changes into a totally different person whenever he's working.
He's a member of Shinjuku Division, Matenrou.
How old. Twenty-seven. Excellent, "said the big boss. - Get under the table.
Official art izanami hifumi
And then her ass will be pierced through by the front sexual dick. At first it will hurt, Kolya admits it and sympathizes with Olivia. But he will also ask Olivia - what about without this, dear. Be patient, Cossack, you will be ataman. Do you like to ride, love to carry sledges.[ENG] Doppo being protective of Hifumi compilation [Hypnosis Mic A.R.B]
Julia turned out to be a very pleasant woman, and Sergei Petrovich is an excellent man. We sat in that evening very fun, drank, danced, talked like old friends. It was decided to meet from time to time and even be friends with families.
You will also like:
- Novels to read pdf
- Amd fx 8310
- Prior lake garage sales
- Brothers embroidery software
- Mt clemens mi obituaries
- Oak grove mn apartments
- Mtg time sieve combo
- Cmc 1:18
- Joe burrow alternate jersey
- Void elf quest
- Moon knight quotes
Take your time, I also decided to have breakfast;) I pick up my office phone and Elena bring me some coffee, and. Grab some napkins. Five minutes later, my personal assistant appears at the door of my office.