What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm?
Introduced in August of 2011, Jake from State Farm was originally just a character from a commercial, but has thus become larger than just someone who works as a State Farm agent. As part of the State of Unrest campaign, the commercial shows how its customers can be uneasy about their insurance at any given time, even 3 A.M. Jake now has an official Twitter account with over 16 thousand followers.
The commercial begins with a man at his home, talking on the phone in the middle of the night in a hushed voice, as if he is doing something wrong and doesn’t want to get caught. He does, however, by his wife who asks who he’s talking to, to which he responds, “Jake, from State Farm.” The wife doesn’t believe her husband, because she thinks he’s actually talking to another women, and cheating on her. Her husband hands the phone to his wife so she can hear for herself. She asks Jake what he is wearing, and he tells her khaki’s, to which the wife says she sounds hideous. The commercial ends with a voiceover, which emphasizes that people stay with State Farm because they’re a company that’s there for you, even in the middle of the night.
This commercial has become very popular, airing on various channels throughout the past three years. In January of 2014, three years after its inception, it is still being aired. It was particularly aired during an episode of Supernatural on the CW, which had 2.76 million viewers. CW’s programming as a whole is aimed more towards teenagers and young adults. The probable demographic for this campaign, and most precisely, this commercial, is generally people aged 18-49. That may seem like a broad range, however, the product, or rather the service is insurance, which is a little dull, unless you can find a way to make it fun, exciting, and memorable. State Farm has done exactly that across the board with their commercials. Most people can sing the jingle on command and can even quote this “Jake from State Farm” commercial by heart.
The fact that this commercial takes place during the middle of the night highlights that State Farm is unlike other insurance agencies because they are available for their customers at all times. Although it is humorous, there is no ambiguity what they message is. The state of unrest is displayed in two ways: the husband being concerned about his insurance in the middle of the night, as well as the wife concerned that her husband is cheating on her. The husband then becomes assured that State Farm is there for him, although I cannot say the same for his wife, which is not so much the focus of the commercial.
This commercial speaks in a way that the target audience can understand and relate to. It still is humorous regardless of the age of the viewer while still delivering an important message.
08-12-2014, 05:00 AM
A very liberal friend of mine told me that this State Farm commercial was causing a stir in the LGBT (more specifically, among the transgenders) community and that it would be removed from airplay soon.
08-12-2014, 05:09 AM
Some people just don't have to look far to be offended. And some live for the drama and attention that playing the victim bring nowadays. I never would have drawn a connection on this commercial to trannies, but maybe that's just me.
08-12-2014, 05:20 AM
Kinda like the people who look for things to complain about.
Anyways, I don't see what's offensive. I also don't see the people who are offended by it. Link? I couldn't find anything in google. If this 3 year oldcommercial is making a stir (surely I should have easily found many links by now?) in the LGBT community, I haven't heard a thing. And being a member of the gay army, I can't seem to find it in my agenda.
08-12-2014, 05:21 AM
I think that commercial is funny and it's about a jealous wife who suspects her husband is cheating on her with another woman and the State Farm male agent on the telephone doesn't usually get questioned about what he's wearing. The husband seems resigned to his wife being jealous.
Would never connect it to anything LGBT. The commercial is making fun of suspicious wives.
08-12-2014, 05:23 AM
08-12-2014, 05:40 AM
I am pretty sure kakis have been hideous for quite a while now.
08-12-2014, 06:03 AM
It must be National Find Something Stupid to Be Offended By Day.
08-12-2014, 08:37 AM
No! However, it is quite stupid though! The dumb insurance [email protected] need to be stopped, geico, progressive, statefarm, and others.
| Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.|
Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.
She Sounds Hideous
She sounds hideous Meme Generator
What is the Meme Generator?
It's a free online image maker that lets you add custom resizable text, images, and much more to templates. People often use the generator to customize established memes, such as those found in Imgflip's collection of Meme Templates. However, you can also upload your own templates or start from scratch with empty templates.
How to make a meme
- Choose a template. You can use one of the popular templates, search through more than 1 million user-uploaded templates using the search input, or hit "Upload new template" to upload your own template from your device or from a url. For designing from scratch, try searching "empty" or "blank" templates.
- Add customizations. Add text, images, stickers, drawings, and spacing using the buttons beside your meme canvas.
- Create and share. Hit "Generate Meme" and then choose how to share and save your meme. You can share to social apps or through your phone, or share a link, or download to your device. You can also share with one of Imgflip's many meme communities.
How can I customize my meme?
- You can move and resize the text boxes by dragging them around. If you're on a mobile device, you may have to first check "enable drag/drop" in the More Options section.
- You can customize the font color and outline color next to where you type your text.
- You can further customize the font in the More Options section, and also add additional text boxes. Imgflip supports all web fonts and Windows/Mac fonts including bold and italic, if they are installed on your device. Any other font on your device can also be used. Note that Android and other mobile operating systems may support fewer fonts unless you install them yourself.
- You can insert popular or custom stickers and other images including scumbag hats, deal-with-it sunglasses, speech bubbles, and more. Opacity and resizing are supported.
- You can rotate, flip, and crop any templates you upload.
- You can draw, outline, or scribble on your meme using the panel just above the meme preview image.
- You can create "meme chains" of multiple images stacked vertically by adding new images with the "below current image" setting.
- You can remove our subtle imgflip.com watermark (as well as remove ads and supercharge your image creation abilities) using Imgflip Pro or .
Can I use the generator for more than just memes?
Yes! The Meme Generator is a flexible tool for many purposes. By uploading custom images and using all the customizations, you can design many creative works including posters, banners, advertisements, and other custom graphics.
Can I make animated or video memes?
Yes! Animated meme templates will show up when you search in the Meme Generator above (try "party parrot"). If you don't find the meme you want, browse all the GIF Templates or upload and save your own animated template using the GIF Maker.
Do you have a wacky AI that can write memes for me?
Funny you ask. Why yes, we do. Here you go: imgflip.com/ai-meme (warning, may contain vulgarity)
Sounds hideous she
One cassette was inserted into the camera, I quickly glanced at what was on it, but. It turned out to be empty, apparently they did not have time to record anything on it yesterday. In the central pocket of the bag there were two cassettes, on one - the ransom and the registry office, on the second - the.
Dacha.She sounds hideous
He tormented me for almost two hours, squeezing and twisting my breasts to pain, slapping on my buttocks and thighs, and then forced. Me to suck on my dick. When he raised it to his lips and ordered: "Suck. ", I just opened my mouth and began to suck. I just wanted it all to end.
You will also be interested:
- Jl audio speakers
- The happy planner layout
- Custom hotas throttle
- T mobile flex 2
- Food storage containers ebay
- Boise shelter
- Empty gift baskets
- Hotels kansas city westport
- Bluetooth headset walmart
- Desk over radiator
- Beats solo2 wireless
- Www trulia com sale
- Sage 2016 system requirements
This Vika could not stand. Although she loved him madly, which could not be said about him, Vika nevertheless left him, and soon found out that he was imprisoned for a. Business that brought death for eight years. Vika took a relaxing bath with foam and dead sea salts. Then she put on a new dress, which she bought back in Russia and began to put on makeup.