DIY Corner Shelf Ideas For Your Next Weekend Project
Corner spaces are quite difficult. Theres no much you can put in there but even though the options are limited when it comes to interior design and decor, there are some great possibilities that are both practical and stylish. One example is the corner wall shelf which adds more storage to a space and also lets you display things on it. Today were showing you a few of our favorite DIY corner shelf ideas in the hopes that theyll inspire you on your next home improvement project.
Corner Shelf Ideas That Maximize Your Space
1. Floating Corner Shelves
Floating corner shelves like the ones featured on shantychic are both good-looking and easy to make. As you can see, the shelves are pretty thick and solid, and to get that look without actually using massive blocks of wood you need to first put together a frame for each shelf. This method also allows you to make secret storage spaces inside the shelves if you want to.
2. Triangular Corner Shelves
Triangular shelves fit perfectly in corners. Theyre great for hallways, entryways, or pretty much any other space and theres an easy way to simplify their design so you can hide the mounting hardware inside the shelves. You can find a tutorial explaining the whole process on 4men1lady.
3. A Rustic Corner Shelf Unit
What even more practical than a corner shelf? Well, a corner shelf unit, of course. You can build one with a rustic-industrial look out of wood and metal pipes. Its easy and also pretty inexpensive, especially if you use reclaimed wood or if you repurpose the boards from a pallet. Either way, the tutorial offered on lauramakes should be helpful.
4. DIY Door Shelf
All DIY projects are unique but some stand out more than others. An example comes from craftaholicsanonymous where you can find a tutorial showing you how to turn an old wooden door into a shelving unit for a tight corner space. You can leave the doorknob on if you want to. It can actually look good if the design is nice.
5. Rocket Corner Shelf Unit
There are plenty of ways to customize a basic corner shelf unit. You can even make it look like a rocket if you want to. Its not that hard. You first have to give it a suggestive shape and then you can also add a few finishing touches, like maybe a custom paint job or some custom decorations on the sides. You can actually find more about this specific idea on instructables.
6. Natural Pine Corner Shelf
A DIY corner shelf doesnt have to be perfect. In fact, nothing has to be perfect but in this case we actually a suggestion for how to make the most of a shelfs imperfections: try a live edge wood-inspired design like the one featured on instructables. Basically, you just cut a piece of wood and you make the edge look intentionally imperfect.
7. Minimalist Corner Shelves from Scratch
Instead of making the shelf itself stand out, an alternative idea would be to let the shelf blend in with the walls and allow the items displayed on it to be the center of attention. On abeautifulmess you can find all the details on it in order to be able to craft minimalist corner shelves like these ones from scratch. Arent they stylish?
8. Simple Triangle-Shape DIY Corner Shelves
If the goal is not to necessarily add more storage to a space but simply to fill the corner in a beautiful way, perhaps some simple triangle-shaped DIY corner shelves like the ones on houseofroseblog would do the trick. Theyre really easy to craft and they fit even in small rooms since they require little space. You can make as many as you want.
9. Stylish Corner Shelves to Hang Your Keys and Purse
There are ways to make corner shelves look beautiful and interesting and to maximize their functionality at the same time. For example, you can install a few hooks on a shelf so you can also hang things in the corner, not just display objects on the shelf. The design could be similar to what we found on vtwomen.
Wood Cube Corner Shelf
Instead of the regular flat shelf perhaps something a bit more eye-catching and consistent could suit your corner space better. A wood cube corner shelf seems like a pretty cool idea. This one has a symmetrical design and is not exactly difficult to build. In this particular case, the design is more about looks than it is about functionality or storage-efficiency. If you like it, be sure to check out our video tutorial.
Louver Door Corner Shelving Unit
Weve already mentioned that you can repurpose an old door into a corner shelving unit but we didnt get into details regarding the type of door. There are various different possibilities in this case. Basically about any old door would do but if you want something special you could try repurposing a louver door. You can find more details on that in the tutorial from prodigalpieces.
Kitchen Corner Shelving Unit
The kitchen is a great place to put corner shelves in. Its important to make the most of every inch of space in the kitchen and to maximize storage as much as possible. You can add corner shelves so you can store spices, dishes and other things close at hand or so you can keep herb planters close to the windows. Check out notjustahousewife to find out how to make stylish shelves like these ones.
Metal Pipe Corner Shelf Unit
This may look like some sort of odd metal pipe sculpture but its actually a great corner shelf that can be used to store lots of things including books and shoes. It takes a while to balance the items on the pipes and if youd rather not play with gravity you can add some flat wood shelves to the design as well. Find more details about this project on instructables.
Easy Rustic Corner Shelf
Wood is super versatile and easy to work with, especially if youre trying to build something with a rustic look, like this corner shelf from amigas4all. You could use some pallet boards for this or any reclaimed wood as long as the boards are long enough. Start with the middle board and then cut the rest to size. The actual shelves are triangular in shape so thats pretty easy to get right.
Planter Stand for the Corner of your Room
Shelves in general can serve a variety of different purposes so theres no reason to think that corner units would be any different. Lets say you want to build a planter stand that can fit in the corner of a room. The tutorial shared on mylove2create is just what you need. Make the unit as tall as you want, based on how many plants you have.
Corner Rope Shelves
These hanging shelves from honeybearlane are ideal for kids’ bedrooms or a nursery. It’s the perfect way to fill up some space in a room, and they make a unique and fun addition to any space. You’ll just need six planks of wood and some rope, and then a few accessories to tie everything together.
Zig Zag Corner Shelf
For a fun and modern design for your bathroom or bedroom, try out this zig zag corner shelf from instructables. You don’t have to be incredible with woodwork to create these shelves, and as long as you can cut a straight line, you’ll be able to make these stylish and funky shelves. They don’t take up too much space, so they are ideal for smaller rooms such as the bathroom.
Small Corner Shelf
If you don’t have much space but need a single corner shelf to put away extra belongings, this one board challenge from merrypad will do just the trick. The shelf is assembled with biscuit joinery, so it doesn’t need screws or metal brackets. This is a great idea for small and confined spaces and won’t attract too much additional attention.
DIY Corner Cabinet
Using old plywood, you can create this DIY corner cabinet from myrepurposedlife. After making the corner cabinet, you can paint it to fit your home decor, and it will add some new life to an empty corner space in your home. There’s so much you could use this for, including storing shoes, books, or kitchen items.
Bathroom Corner Shelves
Using an old bi-fold door, you’ll be able to bring new life to an unwanted item by creating these bathroom corner shelves from homedepot. Your ordinary doors will become a chic addition to your bathroom, and you can paint them afterward with chalk finish paint to give them a beachy or distressed look. Attach a hook at the end, and you’ll be able to hang towels as well as store all of your toiletries in one space.
DIY Corner Floating Shelf for a TV
This DIY corner floating shelf project from weedemandreap can be used to hold your TV or is a great corner desk option if you are short of space for working from home. Corner media cabinets are ideal for hiding wires from your TV, and this is an easy way to create more space in your living room. It’s perfect for minimalist homes where you are trying to keep decoration and clutter to a minimum.
Corner Shelf for Nursery
If you are looking for a good corner shelf unit for your nursery, consider this DIY shelf from anawhite. It will take between three to six hours to complete, so it would make a great weekend project. The plans are suitable for beginners to follow, and pine is the recommended wood of choice. You can paint these any color to fit your nursery décor, but white is ideal for a neutral set of shelves that will be used for years to come.
Rounded Corner Shelves
When you don’t have much space but are looking for a way to display some of your favorite ornaments, consider these round floating corner shelves from bitterrootdiy. They add storage and decoration to any home and are great for a dining room or kitchen, which may have awkward unused spaces. You don’t need any special tools to create these, but they’ll still look like floating shelves once completed.
DIY Corner Bookcase
For anyone with a substantial space to fill, you’ll find a home for every book in your house with this corner bookcase from stagg-design. This bookcase will add character to any space and is ideal for a large study or living room. You’ll have plenty of space to add every book you own, and you can also display fun decorations or ornaments as well. If you aren’t an avid reader, remember these shelves could also be used for a whole host of reasons, including kitchen storage or for displaying collectibles.
Custom Corner Shelves
Regardless of how much you have to store or display, you can customize these corner shelves from deucecitieshenhouse to fit your needs. They are ideal for storing heaps of books, paintings, and trinkets and can squeeze into even the tightest of spaces in your home. They create a minimal look in any room yet can provide heaps of needed storage space for your office or living room. As you can see in the photo, they are also a great option for fitting around a radiator or any awkward design features in your home.
Corner Shelf for a Desk
This simple plan from instructables will help you to make a single shelving unit for above your desk. It’s ideal for hiding the cords on your desk, and you can add a picture or plant to spruce up your workspace. It’s an easy and cheap build that requires minimal tools and will provide you with much needed extra storage space in a tight area in your office.
Corner shelves are a great way to make the most of those tricky corner spaces, and all of these projects are reasonably simple and fun to create. Most of us have empty corners throughout our home, so it’s worthwhile exploring how you could use these spaces for decoration or practical storage solutions. Consider reusing doors or boxes as part of your shelving for an eco-friendly project that will bring life to old items. Whichever one of these projects you go for first, we hope they bring joy and organization to your home!
Top 10 Best Corner Shelves
|1||EACHPAI Corner Floating Shelves Wall Mounted Set of 4, Rustic Wood Wall Storage Shelves for Bedroom,||Check Price Now|
|2||Bacswihom 5 Tier Corner Shelf, Industrial Corner Bookshelf with Metal Frame, Rustic Corner Storage||Check Price Now|
|3||BEECORA Corner Floating Wall Shelves- Home Decor [3PC Set] w/Bonus Level Rustic Real Wood Farmhouse||Check Price Now|
|4||Greenco 5 Tier Wall Mount Corner Shelves White Finish||Check Price Now|
|5||Hombazaar 6-Tier Corner Shelf Industrial Pipe Bookshelf Standing Corner Bookcase for Home Office||Check Price Now|
|6||Homissue 6 Tier Industrial Corner Shelf Unit, ” Tall Corner Bookcase Storage Display Organizer||Check Price Now|
|7||Pooja Mandir for Home in USA,Corner Shelf for Living Room,Narrow Bedside Nightstand for Small||Check Price Now|
|8||BON AUGURE Industrial Corner Shelf Stand, Rustic 5-Tier Tall Corner Bookshelf, Wood and Metal Corner||Check Price Now|
|9||HORLIMER Floating Corner Shelves Set of 6, Rustic Wood Wall Shelves for Bathroom Kitchen Bedroom||Check Price Now|
|10||Tribesigns 70 inch Tall Corner Shelf, 5 Tier Modern Corner Bookshelf Industrial Corner Ladder Shelf||Check Price Now|
2. Greenco 5 Tier Wall Mount Corner Shelves White Finish
- Beautiful white finish that suits almost any decor.
- Decorative and functional for your home, office, or dorm room.
- 5 tier wall mount corner shelves made of durable mdf laminate.
- Easy to mount with all necessary hardware included.
- Dimensions in inches: l x w x h.
3. Furinno Turn-N-Tube 5 Tier Corner Shelf, Black/Grey
- Material: engineered particle board, pvc tubes.
- Sturdy on flat surface and no hassle no tools minutes assembly
- Included components: hardware
- Simple stylish design yet functional and suitable for any room
- Great storage unit for bathroom, closet, home office, living room, kids room, kitchen, etc.
- Product dimension: (w)x(d)x(h) inches.
4. Love-KANKEI Corner Shelf Wall Mount of 5 Tier Rustic Wood Floating Shelves Wall Shelves for Bedroom Living Room Bathroom Kitchen Office and More Carbonized Black
- Five-tier ample storage shelf different from other corner shelves, it comes with five-tier storage racks and â€ distance between each shelf, making it a great choice to extend your space for displaying ornamental, toys, and other decors.
- Metal brackets wood board combination this display shelf construct by solid wood and powder coated metal brackets, sturdy and anti-rust. besides, it is very easy to be mounted on the wall.
- Unique leave shape design the corner shelf features rustic style with special zigzag shape, torched finish solid wood and powder coated metal brackets, aesthetically pleasing your guests with displaying photos, ornamental, and travel collectibles on this shelf in your bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen and more.
- 44 lb heavy weight capacity the max weight capacity of this whole storage shelf is 44 lb, each tier shelf can load lb items. and the metal groove joint firmly connects the brackets and boards, making the whole wall shelf sturdy enough to display items.
- Stylish floating shelf this rustic wooden corner shelf can not only be mounted in any style room as a great decor to decoration or just a storage tool, but also an excellent gift for your family and friends.
5. Homemaxs Corner Shelf Wall Mount of 2 Tier Wood Rustic Corner Floating Shelves for Bedroom Bathroom Living Room Kitchen Corner Hanging Shelf Rustic Brown
- ðŸŽ¨ã€multifunctional corner floating shelvesã€‘ the corner shelves for wall can be used for storage and decoration, suitable for installation in bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room, make small i
- ðŸŽ¨ã€premium materialsã€‘ corner shelves wall mount is made of high-quality wood board and industrial matte metal brackets, the max load-bearing capacity per shelf is 88lbs, which is a great choice to safely hold collections, picture frames, plants, books, etc. the triangular
- ðŸŽ¨ã€creative corner shelvesã€‘ homemaxs corner shelf wall mount combines the structure of the traditional floating shelf and corner shelf. the unique l-shaped structure enables the wall shelf to hang in the corner, making full use of and decorating the idle corner storage space.
- ðŸŽ¨ã€great space creatorã€‘ comes with 2 pieces of corner floating shelf, the dimensional size is 6 inches, which means there are cubic inch storage space will be added in your roomï¼Œour corner shelves for wall is a great space creator.
- ðŸŽ¨ã€easy to assembleã€‘ the package comes with assembly tools and detailed installation instructions. you only need to follow the steps to install the corner shelves within a few minutes. if you meet any problems during the using of homemaxs corner floating shelves, please contact us via email.
6. Mkono Corner Wall Shelf 3 Set Wood Floating Shelves with Brackets Rustic Organizer Displays Storage Rack Home Decor for Living Room Bedroom Bathroom Kitchen, Dark Brown
- âœ” space saver floating shelves: 3 sets functional shelf expands more storage space, displays your potted plants, candles, photo frames, makeups, or other decorative ornaments. hanging it on the walls corner, can effectively make use of the corner space. especially for small space home, this shelf is nice to solve your problem.
- âœ” dimensions: wood board x 12 x . metal bracket x x.package included 3 x wood boards, 9 x l shape metal brackets. all hardware included
- âœ” vintage wall corner shelves: designed with natural wood with brackets, it looks simple and modern. dark brown on its surface makes it in retro feeling, prefect as home decoration. hanging in living room, bedroom, dinning room, bathroom, kitchen, or any corner wall. decorative props are not included in this itemï¼
- âœ” premium quality corner shelves: solid wood board with sturdy brackets, guarantees it has enough weight capacity for storage and display small items.
- âœ” material: paulownia wood and metal bracket. mkono is a registered trademark and our product is professional manufacturing and sole selling.
7. OROPY Wall Mount Solid Wood Floating Corner Shelves Set of 3, Rustic Wall Storage Display Shelf for Bedroom, Living Room, Kitchen ( inches) Rustic White
- ã€ versatile applicationsã€‘ ideal for displaying photos, collectibles, small plants or other decorative items in your living room, bedroom, study, corridor, stairway corner; it is also a good choice to install it to your kitchen for storing spices and condiments
- ã€ attractive wall dÃ©cor shelvesã€‘ simple design but functional wall shelves in rustic white color, helping turn any corner into an appealing storage and display space. the shelves will help make full use of corner space and highlight your decor objects
- ã€thickened solid woodã€‘3 tier wall mount corner shelves made of heavy duty solid wood boards of lasting durability, for long term use of over 10 years
- ã€set of 3 different sizesã€‘ wall mount radial floating corner shelf in 3 different sizes. radius: large inch, medium inch, small inch
- ã€% satisfaction guaranteeã€‘ % worry-free guarantee. if for any reason, our rack doesnâ€™t meet your needs all you need to do is let us know. from refund to replacement weâ€™ll make it right for you
8. Corner Shelf,Corner Ladder Shelf for Living Room,Corner Shower Shelf Waterproof for Bathroom Storage,Shower Caddy for Small Bathroom,Multipurpose Corner Shelving for Small Spaces,White by TuoxinEM
- Multipurpose function:corner storage holder shelves can be used as a 3 tier bookshelf in the living room; used as a corner kitchen shelf in the cookhouse;used as a narrow night stand for the bedrooms;used as a tri level plant stand on the balcony.
- New environmental material: made of pvc(wood plastic composites)material, not wood, without spray painted,can be waterproof,fire-retardant,moisture proof,mildew proof,light weight but durable, easy to clean,worked great in the small bathroom.
- Storage function:the corner shelf fits anywhere of your house,width x depth x height perfect size for small spaces,x-frame modern design with 3 tier storage rack,it provides much storage space,super useful for corner ladder shelf in your tiny room.
- Waterproof moistureproof :this shower caddy made of pvc material,perfect for the bathroom;fits small space between the toilet sink;used in the toilet shower;used as a bathtub corner shelf;used a toilet paper stand between the wall toilet.
- Easy assemble:this shower standing caddy corner shelf package includes an assembly instruction and a thank you card for following up the replacement. note :props shown in images not included;please aim at each slot and press gently during assemble.
9. Halter 5 Tier Wall Mount Corner Shelves, Zigzag Decorative Shelves, Space Saving, Durable Easy to Install for Home and Office Space, Floating Corner Shelf Gray
- Multipurpose; bring life to the corners of your home or office with your favorite decorative pieces displayed on this halter 5-tier zigzag corner shelf; whether it be your favorite plant, picture frame, or memorabilia from your last trip, this corner wall shelf will certainly be a great platform to show them off
- Easy to assemble; setting up a classy perch for your favorite plant, photo, or memorabilia for display is as easy as ; decorative shelf from halter comes with a complete set of secure mounting hardware that makes assembling this beautiful rustic corner shelf as easy as pie
- Improved aesthetics and ample storage; turn the empty corners of your bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, or workspace into additional storage space with this contemporary decorative wall shelf that will surely complement your room decor; a zigzag floating shelf adds that unique element in any room and is the ideal solution for small spaces as it can be used for corner shelving
- Made from light yet sturdy mdf material; 5-tier decorative corner shelf is the perfect eye-catching pedestal to hold and showcase your items securely; built to hold, built to last
- Space saving and easy to install; beautifully crafted wooden shelf saves a lot of space and is extremely functional; mount in the bathroom to display your scented candles and decors; install in the kitchen to hold your bottled herbs and spices or install as corner shelves for living room
VASAGLE Corner Shelf, 5-Tier Floating Wall Shelf with Zigzag Design, Bookshelf, Rustic Brown ULBC72BX
- Maximize your room space: with â€ distance between each shelf, this 5-tier storage rack is great for plants, toys, and other decors; â€l x â€w x â€h, so you can use it even in small rooms
- Win-win pick: with curvy lines and rustic brown color, this corner shelf creates a functional spot that not only holds your knick-knacks, but exudes warmth and beauty to your entryway, living room, or office
- Nifty corner shelf: organize and display your books and other decorations with this new and unique corner shelf
- Built to last: â€ thick engineered wood can hold up to 33 lb for the unit; anchoring fittings for great stability; veneer surface is scratch- and wear-resistant
- What you get: a corner wall shelf with 5-tier storage, numbered parts and detailed instructions for easy assembly and installation, and a stylish addition to your home
Tech specialist. Social media guru. Evil problem solver. Total writer. Web enthusiast. Internet nerd. Passionate gamer. Twitter buff.
- Fs19 lawn care trailer
- Kobalt swivel head ratchet
- 200lb adjustable dumbbells
- Gemini builds it
- Medieval house minecraft
While most of us spend an insane amount of time decorating our home and planning for more efficient interiors, it is often that lonely little corner space that goes unnoticed. Many among us pretty much resign to the fact that there is very little we could do about it and tend to either place a decorative art piece or something quite inconsequential there. Yet, there are plenty of wall shelf designs that can turn the boring corner into an exciting display or storage option.
by Jennifer Gustafson Interior Design
All you need to do is look towards your own kitchen for some inspiration! It is amazing to see how that tricky corner in the kitchen is laced with ergonomic shelves, yet we do not do the same when it concerns our bedroom or the living space. Here are a few ideas that will hopefully inspire you to incorporate some cool corner wall shelves –
Revamp the Forgotten Corner
by FORM Interiors
A home library is something that most of us think about, but never really act upon. A small and quiet reading room is a wonderful addition to any house and you can use an elaborate L-shaped bookshelf in the corner to turn it into a modest home library. Add some plush seating, smart lighting and a few accessories and you are pretty much set.
by Maria Killam
Whether it is the dining area or your living space, there is always a forgotten and neglected corner. A smart shelf like the one above can instantly turn any such corner into an exciting display that showcases creative design. Since picking and placing such shelves takes very little actual work, all you need to do is pick something that suits your existing theme in terms of design and color. The one here is perfect in case you are opting for an ‘Oriental touch’!
by Shari Misturak
The above home office was designed specifically for a baseball enthusiast. While the entire room appears to be pretty common in design, the floating shelves in the corner are ‘illuminated’ to proudly display the owner’s baseball memorabilia. Now, this is what we call utilizing the corner space to the hilt. You can use similar illuminated corner shelves to showcase your own prized possessions.
by Designs Northwest Architects
A bedroom is the perfect place to put in a snazzy corner shelf that will act both as a display unit and also as a place to stack up all the books. Most modern bedrooms leave the corner spaces untouched (sometimes to bring in the minimalist feel), but if you are one for blending in form with functionality, then this design works best. A particularly effective space-saving solution for small apartment homes!
by Jennifer Gustafson Interior Design
Extend the space above your home office work station by integrating a few floating shelves in the corner. Even if you do sport a window with a view on one side of the room, you can always use up the space on the adjacent wall. Smart and saving up on leg room, floating shelves make an ideal corner shelving option.
by Siemasko + Verbridge
Outside corner shelves make for lovely additions to any living room or lounge area. They are easy to incorporate and can be classy extensions of your existing shelves as well. While small apartment homes might have a bit of difficulty fitting them in, if you do sport a spacious house then they also fill up the ample space in a meaningful manner.
by Kara Mosher
Curved shelves in the corner make for an aesthetic addition as they add a geometric design that is different from all the squares and rectangles. Even triangular shelves snugly fit into the corner offer a whole new look to the room. Apart from lighting up the vacant corner, they also provide for additional display area.
by Keep Smiling Home
Adding a home work station in the lonely little corner is a sensible little way of saving up on space. This works great in apartments and homes where you are struggling to find some extra room. You can this resourcefulness a step higher by adding floating corner shelves above the home work station. It’s a simple way to tuck away all the office mess!
by Angela Todd Designs
Glass is a material that is becoming quickly popular as most modern architects and designers are employing it extensively in designing various structures. With contemporary homes sporting large floor-to-ceiling glass windows, it makes sens to add floating glass shelves to the corner. Glass shelves bring along with them a sense of ‘light and airy’ appeal along with a different textural element.
by Kia Designs
Just because you are going in for a minimalist or even a semi-minimalist look does not mean that you are compelled to cut down on the shelf space. This living room sports compact floating shelves in the corner that are stylish, ergonomic and add a touch visual contrast to the place. A nice way to stack up your favorite titles indeed!
by Vidabelo Interior Design
Here is a perfect example of how every room in your home can sport unique and inimitable corner shelves that vary from one another. Box-shaped shelves next to the crib in this nursery stand out from the rest of the room with ease. They make for visually appealing and stimulating additions as your little one will be engrossed with the goodies that they hold.
by RW Anderson Homes
Adding a sitting area next to the window in the bedroom gives us a chance to take in the many sights and sounds outside. This bedroom goes a step further with a corner bookshelf that comes with some desk space as well. This offers a connected and compact area where one can jot down their ideas and enjoy a few reflective moments through the day.
These custom crafted floating walnut shelves bring a contemporary twist to any room that they grace. The floating shelves offer ample display or storage space where you put away all your books and accessories. By altering the number of shelves and spacing between them one can pretty much obtain a different look every single time.
by Alina Druga Interiors
Kids’ bedrooms can also be a great place to put some corner shelves. When it comes to kids, no matter how big the room is, there will always be a necessity for more storage space. Even small floating corner shelves like these can help in hiding away all the mess. Cute baskets and smart boxes that conceal the clutter can take up this shelf space, in the case of the beautiful girls’ bedroom above.
Come build these simple and inexpensive DIY Floating Corner shelves with easy to follow instructions by Shanty2Chic!
Hey friends! So excited about how these DIY Floating Corner Shelves turned out! I seriously now want a set of corner shelves in every room. I am in the middle of revamping my daughters room, and just finished up one big corner. Lets build these!
This is a variation of our original DIY floating shelves, and so simple to build! The best part? Each shelf cost under $40 in lumber. I will share the full tutorial below!
I used my miter saw to cut the frames for my shelves first. This part uses 24 lumber.
Once those were cut, I used my K5 Kreg Jig
to create pocket holes into each of my small pieces.
Building the Corner Shelves
Each short piece will have two pocket holes like below
Next, I used my Ryobi 18V drill to connect the small pieces to the longer wall cleats with pocket hole screws. I added a line of Titebond wood glue under each small piece before connecting
Each cleat will have 3 small boards connected like this.
Once I had all my braces built, I attached them to the wall. Every wall is different, but this is the method I have used on every floating shelf in my house.
These are the Spax screws I used to attach the braces to the wall. These are self-tapping and 3 long. is a great length too.
I marked lines on the wall where I wanted my shelves to sit. I used a stud finder to mark my studs on the wall. These are the 24 that are under the sheetrock. Anytime you are mounting to the wall, it is best to try to screw into these studs for support. I used my Ryobi Impact driver to go through the braces and into the studs in the wall. Make sure to check for level so your shelf doesnt sit wonky. This is the level I use Cheap and works like a charm!
I attached the first two braces and it looked a bit like this
I measured 13 up from this brace to attach my next brace pieces using the same method.
Next, I basically wrapped the brace pieces. I started with the 1/4 plywood for the bottoms of each shelf. I used my Ryobi AirStrike nailer to attach these bottom pieces into the braces using wood glue and finish nails. A stapler will also work on this part. I used my table saw to rip down the 1/4 wood for this part, but you can also have Home Depot rip it down for you.
Now I attached my top 3/4 boards. These are 110 common boards I found at Home Depot. I cut them to size using my miter saw, and attached them using wood glue and finish nails.
I added my side pieces next using the same method This is 14 common pine boards from Home Depot.
At this point I added my front pieces. I used wood glue and finish nails for this part as well.
Thats it! I stained these shelves using Varathane Kona stain. You can find it on Amazon HERE! I also found some Simpson Strong-Tie metal corners that I spray painted gold and attached using gold furniture tacks to each corner to dress each shelf up. I LOVE the outcome!
How cute is this wall too? I kind of love it!
Hope that covers it!
Thanks so much for stopping by!! Let me know if you have any questions at all!
DIY Corner Floating Shelves
Come build these super easy and inexpensive DIY Corner Floating Shelves with free easy to follow plans by Shanty2Chic!
Keyword: diy, floating shelves,, free plans
- 2 2x4x8 pine or whitewood
- 1 1/4” X 24” X 48” plywood
- 1 1” x 10” x 8’
- 1 1” x 6” x 8’
- /2” pocket screws
- /4” brad nails
- 3” Spax screws
- Wood Glue
Begin by constructing the wall cleats. Drill for /2” pocket screws in the cleat braces and attach to the wall cleats as shown. First hold up the longer wall cleat and mark where your studs are. Repeat with your shorter wall cleat, making sure you start /2” out from the wall to compensate where the first cleat will be. Drill two pilot holes for the torx screws. Using a level hold the longer cleat up to the wall and drive 3” torx screws at the marked locations (above illustrations are rough estimates, your locations may very). Repeat with shorter cleat, making sure both are level.
Using /4” brad nails and wood glue attach the bottom plywood panels, starting with the longer panel first and making sure you are flush on the outside edges.
Next attach the top of the shelf with /4” brad nails and wood glue. Again, make sure outside edges are flush.
- Finally, add the trim. It is best to cut the remaining pieces to fit.PLEASE SEE NOTE ON THE CUT LIST PAGE ABOUT USING 2X3 MATERIAL FOR THE CLEATS. THIS WILL ALLOW YOU USE 1X4 WOOD FOR THE TRIM WITHOUT HAVING TO DO ANY RIPPING.First you will measure the height of your shelves, from the bottom of the plywood to the top of the 110 material. It should be about ⁄2”. Rip your 16 material down to this measurement. Then begin with the sides and attach with 1/4” brad nails and wood glue. Next attach the long front trim. Finally the short front trim. Now, tape off the wall and apply the finish of your choice.
Click HERE to get a printable version of these plans!
MORE FROM SHANTYCHIC
Found in These CategoriesBathroom Bedroom Beginner By Project Type By Room By Skill Level By Tools Dining Room and Kitchen Drill Entryway Free Plans Furniture Kreg Jig Laundry/Mudroom Living Room Miter Saw Nailer Office Playroom/Gameroom Shelves Storage Solutions Storage Solutions Walls and Mirrors Wood Stain Projects Woodworking Projects
← DIY Pallet Christmas TreeThankful Free Printable HGTV Update! →Sours: https://www.shantychic.com//11/diy-floating-corner-shelves.html
Shelves small corner wall
DIY Corner Shelf Ideas
Don Pedro Brooklyn is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More
By: Evelina Nilsson
Do you have extra stuff lying around that you just do not know where to put it?
Good news! In this article, you will find nineteen ideas, some with detailed instructions, for how to optimize the corners of your house to store all those items.
None of them take to much work, so with a simple run to your nearest hardware store, you can get started building these corner shelves today!
DIY Rope Corner Shelf
These hanging shelves add a dimension of fun to any room you put them in, making them perfect for any child’s bedroom or playroom, but they can also work great if you want to add a spark of your inner child anywhere in your house.
These neat shelves are perfect for holding any miscellaneous items and nick-nacks that are currently taking up space in the back of your closet.
To get started, all you needed to do is head over to the hardware store, buy the supplies you need (list in the plan linked below), and then you can get started.
It is a simple process of prepping the boards, drilling holes, and threading rope through before attaching it to your ceiling. An easy process for a great shelf!
See detailed instructions with the link below.
DIY Zig-zag Corner Shelf
This zig-zag shelf will add a great architectural feature to any modern house.
The seamless design is unique and eye-catching, great for storing books, displaying pictures, or presenting your beautiful collection of memorabilia from whatever era.
This shelf takes some skill to do the cuts, you need access to a miter saw, but once you have cut all the boards, it is a simple task of gluing them together with strong wood glue, painting or staining it how you want and then drilling it into the wall.
DIY Minimalist Corner Shelves
These floating shelves are an elegant way to display all your favorite art pieces, plants, and books.
They can work well in an office to store your papers, office supplies, and devices. They can work well in your bedroom to display all your personal nicknacks in an organized and visually attractive way.
Whatever your need is, I am sure you can adapt these shelves to fit it.
For a detailed step by step instructions and a list of the tools and materials you need, click the link below and get started today!
Stacked Corner Shelves
These shelves are a lot like the floating shelves in the previous option, except this one has an alternating, stacked effect that adds interest and artistic elegance that the other does not have.
These stacked, floating shelves are perfect for displaying your books, antiques, art, and more. If you have the right tools and supplies, you can put them together this weekend.
For a detailed step-by-step guide, click the link below.
L-Shaped DIY Corner Shelf
These beautiful shelves are hefty then some of the other options and therefore can hold more and heavier items than some other others.
Though they work great for decoration, these shelves are a great storage option for all sorts of things: keepsakes, books, bins of off-season clothing, accessories, and art pieces.
For great and detailed instructions, click the link below, and you will have yourself some beautiful L-shaped corner shelves in no time!
DIY Metal Pipe Corner Shelf
If you are looking for a more industrial looking shelf, these metal pipe, corner shelves are a great option for you.
Simple to piece together and a great display shelf. With the pipes, woods, some attachment hooks, and a drill to attach it to the wall, you will have this great shelf in no time.
DIY Corner Shelf on A Budget
Some of the other shelves in this list can get rather pricey, despite being do-it-yourself, but not this one.
These shelves work great in a kitchen to display dishes, an office to display supplies and books, or a living room to display antiques and nicknacks.
Below is a great step-by-step instruction for how to build these beautiful yet affordable shelves.
Fill The Space
Do you have a weird corner in your house that you have no clue what to do with?
Perhaps a place where the door is sunk in creating an extra wall and an extra corner that you just do not know why the builder put there in the first place.
Well, these shelves are a great way to utilize that space for storage. The link below will guide you to a step-by-step instruction and you will have a use for that weird, no good space before you know it!
DIY Shabby Chic Corner Shelves
These gorgeous shelves are the perfect addition to any kitchen or living room.
You can find most of the wood already cared out at a craft supply store, and then all you have to do is take some wood glue, put it together, and nail or drill it into the wall.
You can paint it any color you want and have the perfect storage for your favorite dishes or other decorations.
DIY Industrial Corner Shelf
This corner shelf, unlike some of the others, is freestanding, so you do not have to drill holes into your wall to utilize it. This shelf is perfect for anyone living in an apartment, dorm, or other rental space.
It works great in a dining room, living room, bedroom, office, or basically any place that you have embellishments that can either fit in bins or are freestanding.
Keep in mind there is no back to the shelf, so it will not work as well for things that need extra support.
DIY Floating Corner Shelves
These selves are thin without much depth, making them the perfect display shelf for antiques, pictures, and plants.
It will not work for heavier storage such as books or bins, but if you are looking for a way to display keepsakes and memorabilia without taking up precious floor shelves, this might be the perfect option for you.
Click the link below to find great, detailed instructions on how to build them.
DIY Wooden Corner Shelf
This shelf is a beautiful decorative shelf to display two or three of your favorite things.
Once again, this shelf is not the best for long-term storage, but perfect to add a bit of pizazz to your otherwise dull room.
Or perhaps be that finishing touch for your perfectly decorated room. No matter which one it is, this shelf could be the perfect finishing touch to your room.
Just grab some wood, cut it to the shapes you need, clue or nail it together, attach it to the wall, and then add the decorations you want.
DIY Corner Shelves from Used Box
These shelves are extremely easy to put together. Buy wood of varying sizes, create cubes, and attach the wood cubes together and to the wall.
Once you have it built, it is the perfect way to utilize a larger corner to store books, records, pictures, and more.
These shelves are a great storage solution if you have tons of stuff you need to organize!
DIY Corner Shelves from Crates
If you do not have wood crafting skills, these shelves are a great option for you. Go to your local container or craft store and buy some crates.
All you need to do is attach them with some wood glue. If you want some extra stability, attach it to the wall, but you do not necessarily have to.
These crates are perfect for holding plants, books, decorations, and more.
Small Corner Shelves Ideas
These simple, yet elegant shelves are perfect for your rustic home storage solutions.
The lip on the end of each shelf is perfect to hold up all sorts, so books, pictures, and other display items without worrying about them crashing them to the ground.
Inverted Corner Shelves
Perhaps the corner you want to use for storage is not a regular corner, but an inverted one; if so, this shelf is perfect for you.
It is made of gorgeous wood and works perfectly for displaying decoration, nicknacks, and small books.
Buy the wood, cut it, attach them to each other, stian it, and then end the project by drilling it into the wall.
Floating Book Shelf
These floating bookshelves are perfect for storing that collection of books that are currently sitting on the floor of your room.
You can organize them by size, color, or just throw them on randomly. It may benefit you to also buy some bookends to help support your books without them falling to the ground.
More DIY Ideas to Try:
Varying Zig-Zag Shelf
For these shelves, you can follow the instructions of the previous zig-zag shelf, but cut wood out at various lengths, and nail them together.
This is a great shelf for more artistic detail than the previous zig-zag shelves. This is a great option for the beautiful display of all your prized possessions.
Simplistic Cube Shelf
These simple shelves will be more for decoration then major storage solutions, but they are genuinely a minimalist design, which is perfect as minimalism is taken the country by storm.
All you have to do is buy a few pieces of wood, cut it, and attach them to each other, and you will have a gorgeous shelf to add decorative detailing to your room.
Small Corner Shelves
Early 20th Century American Corner Cupboards
Midth Century French Louis XV Corner Cupboards
Vintage s Italian French Provincial Corner Cupboards
Antique s Italian Corner Cupboards
Early 20th Century French Louis XV Corner Cupboards
Antique 19th Century English Corner Cupboards
Midth Century French Louis XVI Corner Cupboards
Antique Late 19th Century Dutch Corner Cupboards
Late 20th Century French Post-Modern Shelves
Antique Late 18th Century English Chinoiserie Corner Cupboards
Antique s English Anglo-Japanese Corner Cupboards
Antique Early 18th Century Dutch Corner Cupboards
Fruitwood, Mahogany, Oak
20th Century Shelves
Midth Century Italian Corner Cupboards
Midth Century Italian Corner Cupboards
Midth Century Italian Corner Cupboards
Antique Late 18th Century English Georgian Corner Cupboards
Antique Late 19th Century Asian Adirondack Shelves
Antique 18th Century American Corner Cupboards
Vintage s Italian Corner Cupboards
You will also like:
- Mk6 gti vacuum pump
- Citizens of humanity georgia
- Haute swimwear ambassador legit
- Uc wyoming family practice
- The old kitsune
- Digital media port adapter
- Books on magic tricks
- Craigslist in texas pets
- Nutrition in cheddar cheese
- Stanford health check
- Ami rentals by owner
- Toilet bolt caps walmart
30 Corner Shelf Ideas
A corner shelf (or shelves, if you have the room) can be a great way to create extra space. If you live in a small apartment, or have that hard to reach area that you just dont know what to do with, finding space for storage and adding your personal touch can be difficult. With any area or wall, utilizing the space that you do have is a necessity but can sometimes be hard to accomplish. A simple solution corner shelves.
Certain corner shelf designs allow you to create storage while adding a touch of your personality to the room. Corner shelves are easy to install and can be used throughout your home to store all those little knickknacks that you love while opening up your living area. With some basic tools and some imagination, you can utilize all your unused corner wall areas of your home.
Just remember that, if you are installing a wall mounted corner shelf, always pay attention to the weight limit associated with each type of shelf so you do not overload or damage the shelf or your wall. There are many types of corner shelves: floating shelves, corner bookshelves, glass shelves, and L-shaped shelves, just to name a few. Plus, you can fit your corner or wall shelf idea in a number of rooms, including your living room, dining room, bedroom, etc.
Best Corner Wall Shelf Designs
Below are 30 of the best unique, yet simple corner shelves to add to any room in your home.