Sample Driver’s License Knowledge Tests
Google™ Translate Disclaimer
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) website uses Google™ Translate to provide automatic translation of its web pages. This translation application tool is provided for purposes of information and convenience only. Google™ Translate is a free third-party service, which is not controlled by the DMV. The DMV is unable to guarantee the accuracy of any translation provided by Google™ Translate and is therefore not liable for any inaccurate information or changes in the formatting of the pages resulting from the use of the translation application tool.
The web pages currently in English on the DMV website are the official and accurate source for the program information and services the DMV provides. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version.
The following pages provided on the DMV website cannot be translated using Google™ Translate:
- Field Office Locations
- Online Applications
Computer-based driver knowledge tests during COVID-19
If you're sitting a computer-based Driver Knowledge Test (DKT) or the Hazard Perception Test (HPT) at a Service NSW service centre, you must wear a face mask.
When COVID-19 stay-at-home restrictions apply to any areas of NSW, you may be asked to:
- reschedule your booking, regardless of where the test is booked and/or
- provide proof of your residential address.
Find out more about driver testing and COVID-19.
The Driver Knowledge Test (DKT) is the first stage in the licensing process. You must pass the DKT to get your learner driver licence.
To practise for the DKT, you can:
- download a document that includes questions you could be asked during the DKT, and/or
- view a demonstration test online.
To download a DKT practise document
- visit Driver licensing publications
- select the 'Show files' button next to 'Driver Knowledge Test Question Banks'
- select the document you need for your car, rider or heavy vehicles driver knowledge test.
You can also practise online or download the app for iPhone or Android.
When you're ready to take your DKT test, make a booking to visit a service centre.
Note: You may be eligible to take the DKT for free if you are:
- required to operate a class LR, MR, HR or HC vehicle and are employed by or volunteer with the:
- State Emergency Service (SES)
- NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS), or
- NSW Volunteer Rescue Association (VRA).
- a participant in the Driver Licensing Access Program
- undertaking the DKT within a Correctional Centre or Juvenile Justice Centre.
Back to top
- One deep entertainment clothing
- Ryzen 3600 gaming pc
- Engine filter nissan altima
- Low rise quad chair
- Kobe bryant enamel pins
An easy way to study boring stuff
How It Works
Read the Driver's Manual
We provide the most recent version online, but you can also download the PDF file to study offline and on the go.
Take engaging practice tests
They cover every section of the driver's manual and literally "over-prepare" you, so the official exam will seem easy.
Take the Exam Simulator
Designed to feel just like the official exam, the Exam Simulator generates a new set of questions every time you restart it.
Pass your official DMV test
Once you've practiced enough, make an appointment at the DMV. You'll be ready to pass the official exam the first time!
nationwide survey statistics
Practice tests that help you pass your DMV knowledge test faster and more effectively
Based on your state's laws
Questions nearly identical to those on the actual test
Each state has slightly different driving laws, so don't settle for generic practice tests. Most of our questions are unique for each U.S. state.
Accurate & up-to-date
Prepare using accurate, up-to-date questions based on your state's official handbook and traffic laws.
Just like the real driver's license test
We take facts directly from the handbook and create practice test questions similar (often identical) to those you'll see on the actual driver's license test.
A smarter way to prepare
A perfect companion to the DMV manual
Study 73% more effectively
The DMV handbook isn’t written to promote rapid learning. There are just too many things to remember all at once. Study at a much faster pace by taking challenging tests that correct you in real time.
Learn from your mistakes
See the correct answer for each question immediately, along with a detailed, in-depth explanation so you can understand the reasoning behind it. We'll even praise you for being right.
Retest on the complicated questions
Some questions need more of your attention than the others. Ever noticed how you can't remember a particular speed limit or fine? Driving-Tests is the only US practice test website with Challenge Bank™. It automatically stores the questions you miss, so you can attack them later. You'll be sure you get them right on your official exam.
Know what to expect
Knowledge test prep with guidance, not guesswork
Structured like the actual DMV test
Same number of questions, same passing score. You'll know what to expect on the big test day.
Lose the fear of the unknown
When the time comes, you'll stride right into the DMV, thinking, "Bring it!" – confident like LeBron James dunking the ball.
Study more when you're motivated
Stay motivated with little suggestions or compliments that encourage you to study more.
Practice while having fun
Driver's Ed, gamified
What if we told you that you could enjoy studying for your driving test? We make it seem like a game, keeping you sharp and interested.
Don't study - play
You won't even notice you're studying most of the time: you'll just want to keep "playing" until you pass all the practice tests, as you're learning everything you need for the DMV test.
Practice offline & on the go
Our free apps keep you on your toes and make the real test seem easy. They provide the same state-specific DMV practice test questions that we have on our website.
Compare Driving-Tests.org to other sites
|Official Gov. Site||Other Practice Test Sites||Driving-Tests.org|
|Free & Registration-Free||Yes||Varies||Yes|
|Multiple Practice Tests||Varies||Yes, but only 2-3 tests||Yes (10+ tests)|
|Driver's Manuals||Yes, most recent||Yes, but often outdated||Yes, most recent|
|State-Specific||Yes||No (only generic tests)||Yes|
|License-Specific||Yes||No||Yes (car, motorcycle, CDL)|
|Multiple Languages||Varies||No||Yes (EN, ES, RU)|
|Driver License FAQ||Yes||No||Yes (100+ questions)|
|Question-Level Feedback||No (only for the whole test)||No (only for the whole test)||Yes, for each question|
|Hints & Explanations||No||No||Yes|
|Multiple Difficulty Levels||No||No||Yes (Easy, Hard, Expert)|
- Driving test definition
- A driving test (also known as a driving exam, or a driver's test) is a procedure designed to evaluate a person's ability to operate a motor vehicle such as a passenger car, motorcycle, or commercial vehicle. In the United States, passing a driving test is usually one of the requirements for obtaining a driver license. The administration of driving tests and the issuance of driver licenses are typically the responsibility of the state government’s DMV. The driving test usually consists of two parts: a written knowledge test ("DMV written test") with multiple choice questions to evaluate a person's knowledge of driving-related rules and laws, and a practical behind-the-wheel test (sometimes called a road test or skill test) to assess the person's ability to drive safely. The written test covers the information found in the official Driver License Manual, including road rules, traffic laws and signs, fines, limits, and safe driving practices.
- Things to remember
- Know your car. The car you're using for your test should be familiar to you, and not one that you're sitting in for the first time. You'll want to know where the controls are for everything from the lights to the windshield wipers, so you aren't frantically searching if it starts raining. The way each car's brake and gas pedals react can be different, so knowing how sensitive these are can help you avoid braking or accelerating too aggressively or too slowly.
- Get plenty of practice. Like anything else, learning how to be a good driver takes lots of time behind the wheel practicing. There are things you'll learn while driving that you just can't get from reading, so it's important to log plenty of time at the wheel.
- Prepare and adapt to anything. Whether it's weather conditions, an ambulance coming down the road or any other situation that could happen, you should be mentally prepared to adapt and adjust accordingly. The only true way to do this is get in those hours of practice driving, and trying to do so in a variety of weather conditions. Only getting out to drive on beautiful, sunny days will only work against you if your test lands on a rainy, overcast day.
- Pay attention to driving. It sounds obvious enough, but it's easy to get distracted by what the evaluator is doing. Trying to sneak a peek at what they're writing down or their facial expressions is not a good idea, if you're hoping to walk out of there a licensed driver. Paying attention to the road, and what's happening around you is the best way to ensure that whatever the examiner is writing down is positive – and you can read all of that once your test is over anyway. Leave everything else at the door, and give your full attention to the task at hand. Whether it's schoolwork or other things happening in your life, it needs to be temporarily put to the back of your mind.
- Safe driving tips:
- Drive the speed limit and maintain a constant speed.
- Obey all road signs that you see.
- Steer smoothly. Hold onto the steering wheel with both hands at all times.
- Follow at a safe distance - use the 3 second rule.
- Don’t stop too closely to the vehicle in front of you when you need to come to a stop. As a general rule, you should be able to see the tires of the car in front of you.
- Do not cross solid lines as this will result in an instant and automatic fail.
- Always look over your shoulder before changing lanes and be sure to use your blinker.
- Only change lanes when you are absolutely certain that it is safe. If your test administrator asks you to change lanes, make sure that it is safe first.
- Watch for school buses. If the bus is pulled over to the side of the road and their lights are flashing, do not pass.
- Use your turn signals. It helps let other drivers know what you are planning on doing. Make sure that you turn your turn signal on plenty of time before you are actually going to turn.
What our users are saying
Over 130,000 aspiring American drivers use Driving-Tests.org daily
This site definitely works. I practiced their questions for 24 hours. Went through each practice test then jumped into a bus to Santa Monica, California DMV. I passed the drivers test the first time; while the majority walked out with their faces down.
Did my test yesterday and passed both the DMV test and driving test. Thank God for this site, I studied all the practice tests and that’s the reason I passed. This is better than a cheat sheet, time for my behind-the-wheel exam now!
I found out that my DMV test was going to be in five days and found this site with a simple google search. The tests were pretty helpful in familiarizing myself with the manual and the kind of questions they may ask. I got 100% on my permit knowledge test!
I have gone through all the permit practice tests and passed the written test with ease in 15 min and 97% score. If you can go through these tests, there is no chance that you cannot clear the main written test.
I failed the DMV written test the first time I tried, but after studying the tests on this AWESOME site, I passed it with only 3 questions wrong, on my 22nd birthday. This tool ROCKED. Thanks so much!
I took the test today and passed, I literally knew every single question on that test, I looked around thinking to myself, Are they serious?! lol, If you want to pass, these practice tests will help for sure!
Book your driving test
Book your practical driving test for:
- lorries, buses and coaches
- approved driving instructor (ADI) part 2 and 3 tests
If you cannot wear a face covering
When booking, you must say if you cannot wear a face covering during your driving test. You must also give a good reason for this.
Your test will be cancelled if you come for your test without a face covering and you did not say that you could not wear one when you booked it.
If you cannot wear a face covering you may not be able to take your test at the test centre of your choice.
How to say you cannot wear a face covering
When you’re asked if you have any special requirements, select ‘Special learning or educational needs’, even if you cannot wear a face covering for a physical reason. Say that you cannot wear a face covering and give your reason there.
What counts as a good reason
Good reasons are things like:
- having a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability
- wearing it would cause you severe distress
Wearing glasses does not count as a good reason.
This page is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
You’ll be put in a queue when you start booking your driving test - you’ll be told how long you’ll need to wait once you begin. This is faster than booking by phone because the phone lines are very busy at the moment.
You can book a test up to 24 weeks in the future. There is no waiting list or cancellation list.
Book a test online
This service is available from 6am to 11:40pm.
Test drivers licence
The nipples of your breasts flicker. or exposing the skirt above the usual so that one could see. the fasteners.How to pass road test in New York ***(Interior view )*** Prepare for your road test
Teach our guys. There was a short pause again, and my mother continued, saying in a whisper: Sex !!. You, that Tanya was stunned, this is an incest.
You will also like:
- Troy bilt tb30r parts diagram
- Lenovo tablet battery replacement
- Wayfair machine washable rugs
- Bohemian inspired wall sconce
- How to lockpick
- Mhw gunlance build
- Groupon electric boat rental
- Famous taurus celebrities
- Marketing salary per hour
- 10ft fence panels
- Magic tallow research
Here is a drunken devil, she thought in half-oblivion, trying to move away from the body that had piled on her from behind. It became a little cooler, but after a couple of minutes a hot, heavy hand lay on her chest, apparently, Igor even in his sleep wanted. To hug his wife.