Included for free with this service
12-month / 12k-mile warranty
Free 50 point safety inspection
Our certified mobile mechanics can come to your home or office 7 days a week between 7 AM and 9 PM.
Car Battery Replacement Service
How much does a Car Battery Replacement cost?
On average, the cost for a Chevrolet Malibu Car Battery Replacement is $247 with $152 for parts and $95 for labor. Prices may vary depending on your location.
|1983 Chevrolet MalibuV6-4.3L Diesel||Service typeCar Battery Replacement||Estimate$434.99||Shop/Dealer Price$524.99 - $772.49|
|1979 Chevrolet MalibuV8-4.4L||Service typeCar Battery Replacement||Estimate$414.99||Shop/Dealer Price$505.01 - $752.52|
|2008 Chevrolet MalibuV6-3.6L||Service typeCar Battery Replacement||Estimate$477.87||Shop/Dealer Price$583.61 - $878.28|
|1997 Chevrolet MalibuL4-2.4L||Service typeCar Battery Replacement||Estimate$398.99||Shop/Dealer Price$484.99 - $720.48|
|2008 Chevrolet MalibuV6-3.5L||Service typeCar Battery Replacement||Estimate$477.87||Shop/Dealer Price$583.62 - $878.31|
|2012 Chevrolet MalibuV6-3.6L||Service typeCar Battery Replacement||Estimate$477.87||Shop/Dealer Price$583.61 - $878.28|
|2009 Chevrolet MalibuV6-3.5L||Service typeCar Battery Replacement||Estimate$482.87||Shop/Dealer Price$588.47 - $883.04|
|1973 Chevrolet MalibuV8-5.0L||Service typeCar Battery Replacement||Estimate$419.99||Shop/Dealer Price$510.24 - $757.94|
Show example Chevrolet Malibu Car Battery Replacement prices
What are car batteries and how do they work?
A car battery is an energy storage device that relies on a chemical reaction within the battery to produce electricity. The stored electrical energy is used to initially operate the starter motor, ignition system, and fuel system on your vehicle. Once your car engine is running, the alternator supplies the electricity needed for all vehicle systems and charges the battery to replace the electric energy used when starting a car.
Most electric vehicles have a traction battery which is in addition to the standard 12 volt battery that is used to start the car engine. Traction batteries also convert chemical energy to supply electrical energy but operate at higher voltages and often are monitored by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module).
When to replace a car battery?
- Your car doesn’t start. A new battery has a specified capacity to provide power. This capacity is referred to as the cranking amps rating of the battery. As a battery ages, the actual amps that a battery can supply becomes lower than its original rating Once the cranking amps fall below a critical threshold, it will be difficult or impossible to start your car.
- Battery or charging system warning light is illuminated. Should a battery or charging system warning light illuminate, a mechanic should perform a few basic tests to determine if a battery replacement is needed.
- Electrical components don’t work. Once a battery has started to fail, and the voltage produced by the battery drops, then vehicle electrical components can malfunction, such as the security system. If you are experiencing electrical malfunctions, it’s a smart idea to have the battery tested.
How do mechanics replace the battery?
- A temporary power source might be installed to avoid the possibility of losing radio presets or stored data in the PCM while the battery is out. When the battery is already completely dead, this step is unnecessary.
- The vehicle’s negative cable is removed from the battery, followed by the positive cable. The battery tie down system is loosened and the old battery removed.
- Cable ends and wiring are carefully inspected to ensure cleanliness and no corrosion. In some cases, corrosion can be extreme and the cable may need to be replaced or wiring repaired.
- The new battery is installed and the tie down system is reinstalled. Anti-corrosion compound is applied to the battery terminals. The positive terminal is reconnected followed by the negative terminal.
- Some vehicles, for example some models of BMW, VW, and Audi, may require PCM programming to input battery parameters. This step, performed using a specialized scan tool, is necessary to maximize battery life and prevent electrical system malfunctions.
- The car is started and charging system output is measured and compared against the factory OEM specification to ensure that the new battery will properly recharge. Generally, charging output will be in the range of 13.8 to 14.8 volts but the exact specifications vary by make and model.
Is it safe to drive with a battery problem?
Yes, but if you have a weak battery you might be left stranded somewhere if the battery dies completely and you cannot start your car. A faulty battery may also needlessly overload the alternator and could adversely affect the operation of the vehicle’s electrical system, including the vehicle security system and the shift interlock.
When replacing the battery keep in mind:
- The quality of the electrical connections to the battery posts is important. Connections must be clean, free of corrosion and properly tightened.
- Batteries store a large amount of energy and if short-circuited a battery could explode and can create intense discharges that can damage your eyesight. Insulated tools should be used to attach cabling to battery terminals. Otherwise, the battery’s positive cable can be shorted to ground or the positive and negative posts can be directly shorted. Batteries can only be safely installed from a positive terminal to positive wiring and from a negative terminal to body ground. If the polarity is reversed damage will likely occur to the vehicle’s electrical system.
- Generally, a car battery will have a service life of 4 to 7 years. If a load test on a battery reveals a significant reduction in the capacity of the battery to provide power, you should buy a new battery rather than wait for the old battery to fail completely.
- Batteries should only be disconnected if the engine is off and the alternator is not running. Disconnecting a car battery while the alternator is running can cause a voltage spike that will damage sensitive electronic components in the vehicle, such as the PCM.
Fast and easy service at your home or office
Backed by 12-month, 12.000-mile guarantee
Recent articles & questions
AC compressor problem
If the compressor is failing it is hard to say if you can still drive the car. If the compressor is failing internally and only acts up when the AC is turned on, then you can still drive the car...
In mornings before work (cold usually), my car acts like it wants to stall in idle/park. Give it gas 1-2 minutes. No more issues
Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. What seems to be happening is the EGR valve is sticking open and when it gets hot, the valve shuts. This will cause an engine to stumble when first turned on. Anther thing...
P2a00 Code on 2006 Nissan Altima
If you have only cleaned the Mass air sensor and have replaced all the O2 sensors then the only other possible cause for the P2a00 is the mass air sensor. I recommend replacing the mass air sensor and relearning the...
Are Chevy Malibu batteries covered under warranty?
Most genuine OEM Chevy batteries sold at Hare Chevrolet are covered under some type of warranty for potentially up to 24 months. Give us a call at 3173336958 so we can look up the battery that was installed and confirm the warranty for you. There are a few reasons why a battery would not be covered under warranty such as:
- Malibu Batteries with cracks
- Malibu Batteries connected to non-OEM components
- Malibu Batteries that have been recharged
- Malibu Batteries that were physically damaged prior to inspection
How do you know if your Chevy Malibu needs a new battery?
The most common symptoms of bad Chevy Malibu batteries are if your car is slow to start after turning the key, or if your battery cables and connectors show signs of heavy corrosion. You may also notice a clicking sound when turning the key or if your electronics work but the car won't start. These are all tell tale signs of failing batteries on your Chevy Malibu. Give our experts at Hare Chevy a call or book an online appointment here.
How long do Chevy Malibu batteries last?
Chevy Malibu batteries usually last between 3-5 years, but this is variable depending on driving habits, the type of battery, weather conditions, and more. You can prolong the life of your Malibu battery by:
- Keeping your vehicle stored indoors away from extreme swings in temperature or climate
- Starting your Chevy Malibu generally is forceful. Don't let your battery go unused for long periods of time.
- Keeping the battery tightly fastened - did you know the vibrations of your car can loosen the connections and rattle your battery's components?
- Proactively testing your battery
- Cleaning the terminals and posts of corrosion with the appropriate cleaning explanation & a wire brush.
Is it safe to drive with the battery light on?
Be positive to turn off the radio, air conditioner, and the lights unless you are driving at night. The purpose of the alternator is to charge your Chevy Malibu battery while you are driving. When the alternator isn't working perfectly, it can cause the battery to deposit each its power, leaving you stranded if the vehicle is turned off. If your Chevy Malibu battery warning light comes on while driving, be positive to turn off your accessories, so the battery doesn’t deposit further. The warning light usually means that the alternator isn’t working perfectly meaning you are operating solely on battery power.It's also attainable that your Chevy Malibu serpentine belt has malfunctioned. If you retain multiple warning lights come on including the battery light, then pull over to a safe location if attainable.If the dash lights indicate overheating, then the water pump was on that belt too. Another achievable symptom that could point to the serpentine belt as a cause for the battery warning light, is if steering becomes difficult or feels enormous. If you're near Indianapolis and need service, give Hare Chevrolet a call at 3173336958. We can even arrange to have your Chevy Malibu brought in to us.
Chevy Malibu Battery Coupons & Specials in Indianapolis
You can find our battery replacement coupons here, or browse parts specials here. Hare Chevy offers monthly battery coupons for your Chevy Malibu. From full battery replacement to labor estimate savings to excellent discounts on battery parts, Hare Chevy has you covered.If you can't find the battery you're browsing for or select to speak to someone about our monthly discounts, give us a call at 3173336958 today. Our Chevy Malibu technicians are standing by to aid you with all your automotive service needs.
What Are the Best Car Batteries to Buy?
Popular car battery brands include DieHard Batteries, Odyssey, NAPA, AC Delco, Duralast, EverStart, just to name contrasting. Contact the advisors at Hare Chevrolet and we will be professional to help imply the finest car battery for your Chevy Malibu based on your needs and driving habits. This can be a laborious question to solution. There are many factors that go into picking the "best" car battery, as many car batteries are designed with other factors in mind.
How do Chevy Malibu batteries work?
So, how do car batteries work? Most car batteries rely on a lead-acid chemical reaction to get your car off & working. These types of batteries are considered part of the “SLI” category. SLI stands for “starting, lighting, and ignition.” This type of battery produces energy in order to power your lights, accessories, and engine. Once the energy reaches your engine, the alternator provides power. We offer a tremendous selection and the best prices on batteries that were designed for your vehicle. If you are shopping for a battery for your Chevy Malibu, count on Hare Chevrolet. You can find out more about distinct types of batteries by reaching out to one of our service consultants. With the help of our Chevy Malibu battery experts, we will get you back on the road immediately. Book your service appointment online immediately or call us at 3173336958 with any questions. We look forward to working with you!
Chevy Malibu Battery Price
The adequate news is Hare Chevrolet offers many services and parts specials when it comes to car batteries, and in many cases if you purchase a battery at Hare Chevrolet, we may be forceful to install your battery at no other cost. Contact Hare Chevrolet to learn more about battery installation today. Chevy Malibu pricing is also heavily dependent on whether or not you select to install the new battery yourself or retain Hare Chevrolet install it for you. Over the years, hood space has shrunk as the performance of vehicles has increased and as a result, sometimes the battery is not easily cooperative. If that’s the case or you'd like a Chevy trained mechanic to install your battery, the price of labor may add an other $20-$40 to your service bill depending on the market.
Chevy Malibu Battery Cost
What is the brand of the battery? What size engine does your Chevy Malibu have? What size battery do you need in your Chevy? When you are shopping for a Chevy Malibu battery, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind that will have an effect on the cost. Will you require our dealership to replace your battery or are you just considering to pay cash for the battery and install it yourself? These are just some of the many questions you should look into before choosing a specific battery or replacement at Hare Chevrolet. Call us at 3173336958 and let our mentors find the correct battery for your Chevy Malibu.
The larger the battery the larger the Amp Hour rating of your battery, meaning it will provide more amps of electrical present per hour. The most directly correlated feature of a battery's price is its size.
Common Car Battery Issues & Problems - How Do You Know If Your Car Needs A New Battery?
One of the most accepted car problems is a dead battery. We own each been there, whether you leave your lights on, don't close a door completely, or leave the radio too long without your engine running. But when does your Chevy Malibu battery need to be replaced? Here are a few symptoms that may indicate your Malibu battery needs to be looked at by a Chevy mechanic or replaced.
- Delayed Engine Crank - when you attempt to start the vehicle, it takes longer than usual to roll over or start.
- Low Battery Fluid Level - if the fluid level is low, you need to have the battery and charging system tested.
- Check Engine Light - the check engine light usually turns on when your battery is losing charge.
- Fluid Leaks or Corrosion - it's routine for battery fluid and additional fluid leaks to cause excessive corrosion which is an coherent sign the battery needs to be replaced. Over time, corrosion will build customarily and can be cleaned to prolong the life of your Chevy Malibu battery.
Chevy Malibu Battery
Your Chevy Malibu battery will typically last between 3 to 5 years, but that can vary heavily depending on weather conditions battery size, type of battery, and driving habits. Even still, just because your battery isn't completely dead, doesn't mean it's operating at optimal levels. For that reason, it is important to have your battery inspected every time you visit a service center. Hopefully, you're a client of Hare Chevrolet and you will always receive a free multi-point inspection of your vehicle during every service visit. Inspecting your battery and battery cables is part of this process. If you leave your battery unchecked, when it's not running at optimal levels your Chevy Malibu can put pressure on the alternator or the starter to improve power. Drawing excessive power to compensate for the loss of energy from the battery can make your engine run outside of ideal conditions. In the end, this is going to cost you more money to fix. It's extremely important for your Chevy battery to operate at near-perfect levels.
How often should you replace your Chevy Malibu battery?
Every 3 to 5 years, but you should have your battery tested frequently for drops in voltage to make sure it's operating at a high level. Car batteries typically carry 12 to 13 volts unless you have a high-performance battery. Anything higher than 13 volts may indicate a faulty battery.
Hare Chevrolet Battery Replacement & Chevrolet Batteries for sale
At Hare Chevrolet, our service team is comprised of Chevy certified technicians that can assist diagnose what is awry with your battery. Our Chevy factory-trained mechanics can change your Malibu battery expeditiously at competitive prices. Call Hare Chevrolet at 3173336958 or schedule battery service online for the fastest battery replacement in Noblesville IN.Sometimes it is just a poor battery connection and tightening or reconnecting loose components might get your Chevy Malibu started again. We will check your battery for any simple fixes such as examining your battery for corrosion build-up before recommending a full battery replacement. Our essential goal is customer service unlike considerable supplemental auto repair shops. Outstanding service and affordable prices are just two of many reasons people do business with Hare Chevrolet.
Chevy Malibu Battery Replacement
Replacing some types of batteries, especially in newer models, can be very tricky as hood space in vehicles continues to shrink to improve performance. Because of this, some batteries can be difficult to access. You'll want to check your Chevy Malibu owner's manual for detailed information on where your battery is located. Oddly enough, some batteries can be located under the floorboard or in the trunk, however, this is extremely rare.
How to replace your battery:
- Make sure your engine is off - refer to your vehicle manual to locate the battery.
- Use a wrench to loosen the bolt that holds the black negative battery cable.
- Carefully remove the cable by twisting and pulling - do not use too much force or any metal objects to pry the cable away from the battery. This can damage the cable.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to remove the positive (red) battery cable.
- Locate the clamp that holds the battery in place and remove it with a wrench or ratchet.
- At this point, you should be able to easily remove the battery. Careful, it will be heavy.
- It is recommended that you clean the battery tray and any corrosion on the cables using a wire brush and proper battery cleaning solution.
- To install the new battery simply repeat the steps above.
We're offline for a tune-up, we'll be up and running smoothly very soon.
In the meantime, here are some other options available:
Advance Auto Parts store
We appreciate your patience – on your next visit, use coupon code PS20 for 20% off your purchase.
We look forward to serving you,
The Advance Team
With this gentle procedure, she kissed him passionately. Before leaving home, - she said after the kiss, - Look into the back room, okay. Of course, Ira. - Grigory nodded happily, putting on his trousers.
Battery chevy malibu
Are you there. I looked at the mobile phone. Already almost an hour of the day.Top 5 Problems Chevy Malibu Sedan 7th Generation 2008-2012
Where. In the sea, to our house. How can I breathe.
- Laff tv schedule
- Lelouch vi britannia
- Boat for sale france
- Tren e reddit
- Swg legends wiki
- Irs lawsuit voicemail 2017
- Higher level phone number
- Browns chicken massacre video
- Cool symbols tattoo
- Nbme 19 explanations reddit
- Gif over your head
- Millennium stage schedule 2016
After a while, almost simultaneously, balls fell from two more girls, and they were also lowered to the floor, and they did not rise to their feet. But simply fell unconscious. Another 20 seconds passed and another girl surrendered, releasing her ball and immediately the last two were lowered down, the stopwatch stopped.
Only 175 seconds have passed since the hanging. This video ends.